Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

UC robot playing guide.

Go down 
+8
Rein
FrozenEdge
Ichijo
kitopski
ironpen27
j35476
toughambition
Hyoka
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

UC robot playing guide. Empty
PostSubject: UC robot playing guide.   UC robot playing guide. EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 9:45 pm

As far as I know, a ton of you have been using the Jikun Hu/Long's, Lily Rains, Winberrls, LazFlammes, Izunas, Shino Exroads and Maril Marches that you got from the final obt.

What I also know is that a lot of the UC robots are not seen in an everyday match. Granted, those aforementioned girls are pretty good when it comes down to running around the Arena and whatnot, but there's a mindset going around that UC robos suck. Which, actually, most of them don't.

Now, if you want, I'll write up a guide here on how make good use out of each robot available in the shop, but only if you want me to! So, just post here about your thoughts and I'll get writing as soon as enough people ask for one.

Frog Lander
Spoiler:

Beezle A:
Spoiler:

Victory-1:
Spoiler:

Cannonballer:
Spoiler:

Needle Mog:
Spoiler:

Shadow Hunter:
Spoiler:

Fizalivan:
Spoiler:

Jaguar Arm:
Spoiler:

Disclaimer: I suck at PvP. I can give you advice on how to go around doing it, but I'm not sure how far my words can bring you, so don't come crying saying that my words suck because I do indeed fail at this game.

Last edited by Hyoka on Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:17 am; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
toughambition
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: UC robot playing guide.   UC robot playing guide. EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 11:15 pm

I, and I am sure other people browsing the forums, would be grateful if you would would make a small guide or just a description on what the bots are capable of. I have been playing around with some of the bots but I can't really find a way to use barely any lol :S.
Back to top Go down
j35476
j35476

Male Posts : 54

PostSubject: Re: UC robot playing guide.   UC robot playing guide. EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 4:19 am

Please do :3
Back to top Go down
http://thebarkingcats.tumblr.com
ironpen27
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
ironpen27

Male Posts : 291

PostSubject: Re: UC robot playing guide.   UC robot playing guide. EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 4:51 am

Hyoka wrote:
As far as I know, a ton of you have been using the Jikun Hu/Long's, Lily Rains, Winberrls, LazFlammes, Izunas, Shino Exroads and Maril Marches that you got from the final obt.

What I also know is that a lot of the UC robots are not seen in an everyday match. Granted, those aforementioned girls are pretty good when it comes down to running around the Arena and whatnot, but there's a mindset going around that UC robos suck. Which, actually, most of them don't.

Now, if you want, I'll write up a guide here on how make good use out of each robot available in the shop, but only if you want me to! So, just post here about your thoughts and I'll get writing as soon as enough people ask for one.

Disclaimer: I suck at PvP. I can give you advice on how to go around doing it, but I'm not sure how far my words can bring you, so don't come crying saying that my words suck because I do indeed fail at this game.

YES PLEASE!
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: UC robot playing guide.   UC robot playing guide. EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 5:54 am

Added 3 bots today. They're pretty minor, but I want feedback.
Back to top Go down
kitopski
kitopski

Male Posts : 20

PostSubject: Re: UC robot playing guide.   UC robot playing guide. EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 6:45 am

I want to use victory-1 now o.o

Btw, can you do some for the beginner bots (Destructor CN, Jaguar and the other air bot, mach something.....)
Also for the giveaway bots (marill march trill, katana max gold, mecha jetter gold, and another one i forgot) :/
thx
Back to top Go down
Ichijo
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Ichijo

PostSubject: Re: UC robot playing guide.   UC robot playing guide. EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 6:56 am

Hyoka writing a pvp guide. I never expected that. Good job.
Back to top Go down
FrozenEdge
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FrozenEdge

Male Posts : 1003

PostSubject: Re: UC robot playing guide.   UC robot playing guide. EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 7:07 am

nice guide, very nice Razz
maybe i should make Destuctor here confused
can anyone contribute here?

-not interested anymore-

Last edited by FrozenEdge on Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://dreamself.me/d/ily1
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: UC robot playing guide.   UC robot playing guide. EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 7:18 am

kitopski wrote:
I want to use victory-1 now o.o

Btw, can you do some for the beginner bots (Destructor CN, Jaguar and the other air bot, mach something.....)
Also for the giveaway bots (marill march trill, katana max gold, mecha jetter gold, and another one i forgot) :/
thx

I will get to them, but not the giveaway bots, as LazFlamme and Maril March Trill are already covered by other guides.

I may cover Mecha Jetter though, since he's sold for UC in CBJP.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: A better version of the Drum gun   UC robot playing guide. EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 6:12 pm

is the Rage Machinegun.
Back to top Go down
Rein
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Rein

PostSubject: Re: UC robot playing guide.   UC robot playing guide. EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 9:20 pm

Rein would like to note that you need a high (23~+) fly stat for a air type to dodge anything effectively at mid range, w/o air loop or certain melee attacks. Other than that, Rein would like to say that Victory 1 is actually very cost effective and a good all range platform.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: UC robot playing guide.   UC robot playing guide. EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 9:45 pm

LXE wrote:
is the Rage Machinegun.

Problem with that is the large cost of that Rage Machinegun. That's the start and end of it, really. The cost is too much considering how fast a Froglander can die.
Back to top Go down
Provis

PostSubject: Re: UC robot playing guide.   UC robot playing guide. EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 1:56 am

After playing Cannonballer for a bit, there is a trick to it. Unlike your friendly neighborhood Destructors, you can't take a hit. If a melee bot locks on to you, find a method of escape ASAP (Boost Run will save your life at this point). Usually, ducking into a crowd is enough to deter most melee bots but some play persistent, so mix in some bull-fighting while weaving between larger bots. Jikuns love to dash in straight lines so let them do so while you semi-randomly sway from their jabs. Generally, boosting won't help much since you'll prolly get nailed before reaching a safe altitude.

The damage output for a such a cheap robot (lowest base cost out of any armed robot) is pretty impressive, considering the primary weapon is fast, medium ranged and has a small AoE if it hits. The missiles are even better since not only can you burst fire them with ridiculous accuracy, the lil tank will actually aim for you during the consecutive shots. With computer tier aiming and homing, you could even nail a low HP frog hopper chasing you once they hit mid-range. I wouldn't attach the missile BS as it offers meager DPS and adds not only to cost but to the size of your tank. In all likelihood, by the time you've burned all your ammo you'll be dead.

All-in-all, it's much easier to pilot a pro cannonballer than a pro frog hopper (most usually just suicide charge and spam fire) since you're given the option to hide behind the nearby Mt Metal if needed. If you can find legs smaller than stock that don't decrease TEC, by all means equip them since a smaller target means less hits. The key is to have as low a cost as possible while maximizing the damage output of the core weapons, though in that respect there's not much TO customize.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: UC robot playing guide.   UC robot playing guide. EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 1:36 pm

Thanks Provis, I added your words to the Cannon Baller part of the guide in a quote.

Edit: also added Needle Mog.
Back to top Go down
Provis

PostSubject: Re: UC robot playing guide.   UC robot playing guide. EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 1:35 am

Either I suck at hopping or short boost isn't worth it on a Cannonballer. I just think its a lil slow and isn't suited for a mid-long range unit. Really annoying frogs are always in your face leapfrogging over your mechs while spamming something. A Cannonballer can't do that since we can't equip shields and our HEATgun doesn't offer enough stun/burst dmg. Go with Boost Run, stack WLK and use normal dashes to change direction after boosting in the other (its really good for throwing fire/melees off you).

It's hard to get a grasp on where it's strength lies since it's out sped, out damaged and out ranged by many standard bots. I would say it's a versatile fragile mid-ranged team player. Not only will your tiny HP bar draw a monolith of firepower off your friends but you'll be able to dodge them and return the favor once they're distracted by some Jikun. Air units hovering over your head can be dealt with the auto-aim burst missiles, saving you panning your camera all over. Without a team, you're as good as dead though so never get caught alone and always make like a tree and leave.

Oh yeah, burst missiles don't 'sometimes' rapid fire. It's basically a weapon which has a large cool-down but the ability to rapid fire (aka if you fire one missile or a volley, you'll have to wait a sec after firing before you can fire again). The description is misleading since there really is no charging involved like with a Saggitary.

Long text is long. Summarise it for me, don't bother quoting XD
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: UC robot playing guide.   UC robot playing guide. EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 11:53 pm

Provis wrote:

Oh yeah, burst missiles don't 'sometimes' rapid fire. It's basically a weapon which has a large cool-down but the ability to rapid fire (aka if you fire one missile or a volley, you'll have to wait a sec after firing before you can fire again). The description is misleading since there really is no charging involved like with a Saggitary.

Long text is long. Summarise it for me, don't bother quoting XD

But you can't tell whether you will fire a volley or a single missile... so I say there's a chance to. Do you want me to re-word it?

(also, you're meant to use Short Boost before your Boost Run gauge goes out so that you can continuously be on the move. When you land after a short boost you regain about half your gauge depending on how high your short boost went)
Back to top Go down
Kecepirit
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Kecepirit

PostSubject: Re: UC robot playing guide.   UC robot playing guide. EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 12:05 am

about cannonballer:
the multiple burst missiles actually can always be launched, just need to right click it again after the first shot, but unlike melee, it won't queue up the attacks if you do it too fast.
Back to top Go down
Kuuga
Newcomer
Newcomer
Kuuga

Male Posts : 12

PostSubject: Re: UC robot playing guide.   UC robot playing guide. EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 3:05 am

A guide for Shadow Hunter would be nice.
He has Stealth System available right from the start so I use him to wail on the Power Spot while everyone else is fighting. Once the PS is broken I use hit-and-run tactics until I die.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: UC robot playing guide.   UC robot playing guide. EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 3:58 am

Kuuga wrote:
A guide for Shadow Hunter would be nice.
He has Stealth System available right from the start so I use him to wail on the Power Spot while everyone else is fighting. Once the PS is broken I use hit-and-run tactics until I die.

His booster's weapon isn't that awesome, it doesn't work on anyone who rushes forward/backward and only hits people who strafe sideways. Which, in that case, is pretty much AIR-types.

...Who, at this day and age, will kill you regardless.

Everything else about him is O.K/good
Back to top Go down
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: UC robot playing guide.   UC robot playing guide. EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 4:34 am

Kecepirit wrote:
about cannonballer:
the multiple burst missiles actually can always be launched, just need to right click it again after the first shot, but unlike melee, it won't queue up the attacks if you do it too fast.

Yep, if you properly time clicks you'll enter burst fire mode. I guess most people just mash right click praying for burst...
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: UC robot playing guide.   UC robot playing guide. EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 10:53 pm

Intet wrote:
Kecepirit wrote:
about cannonballer:

Yep, if you properly time clicks you'll enter burst fire mode. I guess most people just mash right click praying for burst...

I just find myself never being able to time the right-click properly.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: UC robot playing guide.   UC robot playing guide. EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 9:23 pm

Sorry I haven't updated this a lot, I've been trying to find a way to counter a lot of Rt bots that dominate the pvp spectrum (Ouka) and I haven't had much success, even with AIR units.

I'll try to update this soon.
Back to top Go down
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: UC robot playing guide.   UC robot playing guide. EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 10:53 pm

If you want an ouka counter...helingal which is a UC bot with RT grade stats. Or maybe because I play airs in general I do well with it, but I use one in my main commando right along side my brickgales, because I think it's that good.

Or grab sword wing (or diakaros) and put beam machine-gun and a shield on him, and harass the LNDs that will come to muck up your backfield.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UC robot playing guide.   UC robot playing guide. Empty

Back to top Go down

UC robot playing guide.
Page 1 of 1