Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stella build

Go down 
+8
exoakutsu
Kuzuha
EXNova
fggt
Maelstrom
Zwiebel Force
Fuwakomoriya
CoreX
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

Stella build - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stella build   Stella build - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 12:24 pm

hannahberry wrote:
Maybe, but does fast recovery really help much with that? Stella charge delay doesn't last very long (1 second) and is constantly getting reapplied. Fast recovery only helps if you press m1 .5 seconds after it's been applied but before it's been reapplied (and you can't press m1 before that .5 seconds is up, or else you have to charge for 1 second even if the debuff falls off).

Even vs other things with charge delay they generally either aren't an immediate a threat i.e. rosso or you want to reposition instead of just fighting it head on i.e. charge delay mb arts.

It shouldn't be being "constantly" reapplied in an air to air fight, you will likely only be hit by one shot from each burst unless you are moving into the line of fire. In this situation the half second makes a difference as it allows you to shoot between that averaged one hit per burst and prevent a situation where you are under charge delay 100% of the time.
Back to top Go down
hannahberry

Female Posts : 36

PostSubject: Re: Stella build   Stella build - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 12:32 pm

CoreX wrote:

Spoiler:

Thanks for the design. Mind if I take it and Tweek it? Gonna experiment with a few hp cuts to put in broad since I honestly feel blind flying without it.

Go ahead, I made a slightly better one too tinkering around comparing it to chloe BS
Spoiler:

Not sure which would be better to work off though I'm all cosmicalced out 4 today.

Still highly recommend CV x2 and some wep tunes, but broad radar might make that too capa tight idk.
Back to top Go down
CoreX
CoreX

Male Posts : 59

PostSubject: Re: Stella build   Stella build - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 12:42 pm

just to clarify 38fly 5 walk is a break for glide boost cause I was messing with the previous design since I don't have 2 3s guns.. and I pushed the walk to 5 but cut the hp to 695 which I think IMO is ok
Back to top Go down
EXNova
Potato Thinking
Potato Thinking

Male Posts : 712

PostSubject: Re: Stella build   Stella build - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 3:25 pm

fggt wrote:
EXNova wrote:
Semantics notwithstanding, that's a railgun.

No it isnt. The lightning gun has 360 range, which is not a big number, even if you want to stay safe using it, you will have to use the charge delay one everytime the cd kick in/ or when it runs out of ammo, or else the dps will just be horrible and you die doing nothing.
I already explained everything, why HP is important in this meta, why it is on Stella. It's just you ignored all of them and continued with your delusion of her being a long range air that doesn't need big HP.

Mialy's Railgun has 340 range, 620 speed, and 56 damage, while Mialy Type.A has 390 range and otherwise identical core stats. Stella's "Lightning Gun" has 40 damage, 360 range, and 520 speed. All of these weapons fire a single moderately large projectile with an explosion that detonates on contact. I called it a Railgun, because functionally it is. From this point forward, I'll call it a "Lightning Gun".

I asked why you would bother ramping her HP up to insane levels instead of leaving the "Lightning Gun" on and using her as a moderately safe mixed range damage dealer. Others have since explained why she requires more HP, and the reason isn't just "hurrdurr missiles do lotsa damage build HP dodging is hard".

It's because her bread-and-butter weapon (which isn't the "Lightning Gun", something that was not mentioned) heavily outclasses the "Lightning Gun" and requires her to be much closer in order to be effective, thus encouraging an aggressive playstyle that cannot be sustained on the kind of lower HP pool that is usually enough for other AIR types.

Don't get me wrong, I'm twelve different types of crazy and delusional is definitely one of them, but in this case that has literally no bearing on what I said. You gave a shitty explanation that basically amounted to "things deal damage"; implying that I'm "delusional" or I "don't know any single thing" is kinda uncool boss.

Fuwakomoriya wrote:
EXNova wrote:
She has a main weapon with 40 damage, 360 range, and 520 speed. It's labeled as a "Lightning Gun."

Wtf are you smoking?
Iunno, some kind of trail mix, probably just leftover skippy and e and shit. But we should trade, cause yours is clearly far danker; go look at your Aurora Cannon cassettes lmao
Back to top Go down
mechaRev
Abbey Denied
Abbey Denied

Male Posts : 1298

PostSubject: Re: Stella build   Stella build - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 3:29 pm

if railguns worked like auto-charge cassettes
no one would play with mialy
never
ever
Back to top Go down
EXNova
Potato Thinking
Potato Thinking

PostSubject: Re: Stella build   Stella build - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 3:51 pm

mechaRev wrote:
if railguns worked like auto-charge cassettes
no one would play with mialy
never
ever
You know not what you speak, I write poetry for Mialy Type.H I love her so much.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Stella build   Stella build - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 5:28 pm

Stella is perfectly usable with her default setup, it's just that people would prefer to have 100% uptime charge delay on a target to prevent it from fighting back and higher DPS rather than playing a neutral game based on navigating threats and more reliable hit and stun chance.
Back to top Go down
EXNova
Potato Thinking
Potato Thinking

PostSubject: Re: Stella build   Stella build - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 5:34 pm

Winty wrote:
Stella is perfectly usable with her default setup, it's just that people would prefer to have 100% uptime charge delay on a target to prevent it from fighting back and higher DPS rather than playing a neutral game based on navigating threats and more reliable hit and stun chance.

Fair enough.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stella build   Stella build - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Stella build
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2