Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How do Blast Railguns work?

Go down 
+2
Astral_Dono
reaper64
6 posters
AuthorMessage
reaper64
reaper64

How do Blast Railguns work? Empty
PostSubject: How do Blast Railguns work?   How do Blast Railguns work? EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 2:10 pm

Now that the monthly reset is upon us, I'm considering to get a pair of these to replace my Linear Cannons. How do these railguns work and how practical are they?

P.S. There is a sudden increase in player activity today. What is going on?
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

PostSubject: Re: How do Blast Railguns work?   How do Blast Railguns work? EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 3:19 pm

Blast Railguns, similar to Linear Cannons, are heavily blast based. They are easier to aim, but have lower power output and speed. They're really only useful against AIR units unless tuned, as other things with Blast Guard will make your damage pitiful.

---

There aren't REALLY over 600 players online, people's accounts just sometimes get temporarily stuck and forcibly stayed logged in because of the Login Cube 2 glitch that's happening to some people, which is why it LOOKS like there are 600 people online.
Back to top Go down
mechaRev
Abbey Denied
Abbey Denied

Male Posts : 1298

PostSubject: Re: How do Blast Railguns work?   How do Blast Railguns work? EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 3:41 pm

iirc linear cannons are more shell than blast
if anything I think they might be 90% shell 10% blast
or something like that
keep the linear cannon
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

PostSubject: Re: How do Blast Railguns work?   How do Blast Railguns work? EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 4:03 pm

Around a year ago, I observed a limited ruleset clan fight and saw Blast Railguns doing work against Baltheons.

That's the only application I can think of involving Blast Railguns. Unless you want to make a Hoplites build or something. Even then, Mialy does its job better when you're including non-limited ruleset things.

I'll have to agree with mechaRev and suggest to stick with Linear Cannon if that fits your playstyle.
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

PostSubject: Re: How do Blast Railguns work?   How do Blast Railguns work? EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 6:32 pm

mechaRev wrote:
iirc linear cannons are more shell than blast
if anything I think they might be 90% shell 10% blast
or something like that
keep the linear cannon
Reverse the roles - 90% blast 10% shell.

Can confirm because I do 114s to AIRs and 60s to LNDs without blast guard.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: How do Blast Railguns work?   How do Blast Railguns work? EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 10:10 pm

Relict? wrote:
Around a year ago, I observed a limited ruleset clan fight and saw Blast Railguns doing work against Baltheons.

they penetrate all forms of barriers, actually, including rouche bubbles and lumeria walls. This includes rouche-arm like barrier shots as well, as long as you connect close enough for the penetrating blast to reach the target.
Back to top Go down
Rexir2
Teddy Slide
Teddy Slide

Male Posts : 188

PostSubject: Re: How do Blast Railguns work?   How do Blast Railguns work? EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 4:41 pm

Blast Railguns' explosions also pierce terrain, so they can hit targets through corners and scenery. Doing this usually requires a psygun part to lock-on through walls, but a skilled player can manually aim the gun with aid from a Broad Radar.

And yes, I speak from experience. ( =w=)/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do Blast Railguns work?   How do Blast Railguns work? Empty

Back to top Go down

How do Blast Railguns work?
Page 1 of 1