Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

S Blast Railgunning

Go down 
+6
Ariyuki
Kitouski
Relict?
colfenor1337
Winty
Rexir2
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rexir2
Teddy Slide
Teddy Slide

Male Posts : 188

S Blast Railgunning Empty
PostSubject: S Blast Railgunning   S Blast Railgunning EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 9:45 pm

Spoiler:

I've found the new land railgun to be, quite honestly, overpowered. Not only is it an overall high-performance gun; its mechanics are very abusable.

Personally, I tend to retreat a lot in the arena, due to every other character to be mechanically superior to mine (shadow hunter is a relatively normal 1st generation robot, what else can I expect?). Then this gun was released. Now...I still retreat a lot. The big difference: I'm scoring frags a lot more while dying a lot less.

The gun is powerful, accurate at high speeds, the bullets can't be blocked by melee, etc, it has everything I could ask for (except for ammo, I sacrificed that for better bullet performance). What's more, I can abuse its recoil by running backwards while shooting, giving me enough speed to stay out of most melees' ranges. Since they can't cut the bullets, they'll more often than not die before they can catch me.

I personally use this build as an aggressive scout, with its unique assortment of carts (both stealth carts and radar). Boost run is another great choice, making getting caught up to much more difficult for those that can otherwise (38fly airs, red-tier boost runners, etc). (Just so you're aware, my bot has only the 2* core tunes + silent soldier and shoe stomp, and it's currently undrived)

Why aren't other people using this as much? I know most of the moe girls are overpowered as heck, but those players don't know what they're missing! I'm also pretty sure this is easier to get than most OP bots, given that it comes in a bronze ball compared to golds.

Last edited by Rexir2 on Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:04 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: S Blast Railgunning   S Blast Railgunning EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 10:04 pm

Rexir2 wrote:
Why aren't other people using this as much?
I, and quite a few others, ask this question in regards to multiple weapons and robots. If it doesn't get easy and safe damage, it won't appeal to the majority of players.
Back to top Go down
Rexir2
Teddy Slide
Teddy Slide

PostSubject: Re: S Blast Railgunning   S Blast Railgunning EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 11:59 pm

Diabolical wrote:
If it doesn't get easy and safe damage, it won't appeal to the majority of players.
But that's just it; with a 26-force 200-ammo 320-range 480-speed 3-round-burst estes blast railgun w/ good accuracy and short charge time, it's a very safe gun to use on almost any gunner LNDs. I have it on a freaking Shadow Hunter, for crying out loud, AND I'm doing very well with it.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: S Blast Railgunning   S Blast Railgunning EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 6:16 am

i saw that shit a lot on release, then people realized they'd have to play land gunners and went back to spamming artillery and long range or glide boost airs.
Back to top Go down
colfenor1337
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
colfenor1337

Male Posts : 1868

PostSubject: Re: S Blast Railgunning   S Blast Railgunning EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 6:46 am

Rexir2 wrote:

Becuz blue balls ;A;
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

PostSubject: Re: S Blast Railgunning   S Blast Railgunning EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 7:43 am

hbd op
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

Male Posts : 1054

PostSubject: Re: S Blast Railgunning   S Blast Railgunning EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 8:20 am

Too bad Aqua Parasol is better in just about every single way but no one plays LND gunners to know that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kito.winterwing.com
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: S Blast Railgunning   S Blast Railgunning EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 8:22 am

Kitouski wrote:
Too bad Aqua Parasol is better in just about every single way but no one plays LND gunners to know that.

the very fact that blast railguns can pierce barriers makes this several multitudes more useful in the current state of CBEN.
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

Male Posts : 1054

PostSubject: Re: S Blast Railgunning   S Blast Railgunning EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 9:07 am

I could say people can just walk away from their barriers just enough to not get hit by the blast but alas, I think that might be beyond most people so you probably have a point.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kito.winterwing.com
Rexir2
Teddy Slide
Teddy Slide

PostSubject: Re: S Blast Railgunning   S Blast Railgunning EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 9:42 am

Winty wrote:
i saw that shit a lot on release, then people realized they'd have to play land gunners and went back to spamming artillery and long range or glide boost airs.
>Implying that gunner LNDs are terribad. They aren't; see Nora Schneid, Connie Sherrif, Patty Lop or any other fast LND with a decent gun (pink-tier k-shielded gatling kaiser).

Kitouski wrote:
Aqua Parasol is good stat-wise, and the recoil is not nearly as strong. It's good for chasing someone, but it's not as reliable for retreating (I need that recoil).

Winty wrote:
the very fact that blast railguns can pierce barriers makes this several multitudes more useful in the current state of CBEN.
Adding to this, blast railguns also pierce terrain. I like to peek out of and hide behind slopes while shooting, and the gun can counter those that are using similar tactics with cliffs (heck, I've used this to attack people from under bridges, too!).

Last edited by Rexir2 on Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ariyuki
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Ariyuki

Male Posts : 210

PostSubject: Re: S Blast Railgunning   S Blast Railgunning EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 10:35 am

I may not be very good at playing this game but i can testify that thos weapon is very deadly in the right handa of course (rexir for example), i would use it but im never built a land gunner except for baron burner and even then im not sure as to what to do in most situations
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: S Blast Railgunning   S Blast Railgunning EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 10:45 am

Rexir2 wrote:
Winty wrote:
>Implying that gunner LNDs are terribad. They aren't; see Nora Schneid, Connie Sherrif, Patty Lop or any other fast LND with a decent gun (pink-tier BR k-shielded gatling kaiser).
lol
i wasn't implying anything of the sort, I was simply saying that the population generally doesn't play them.
get more defensive about shit tho
Back to top Go down
Rexir2
Teddy Slide
Teddy Slide

PostSubject: Re: S Blast Railgunning   S Blast Railgunning EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 11:25 am

@Aryuki
Omg, baron burners are hellspawn (semi-jokingly); they run even faster than pink-tier. T_T

Back on topic, first, decide whether or not you're going to make your gunner pure or mixed. Properly made pure gunners tend to hit harder while mixed builds are more flexible (and can still fight once ammo is exhausted). While you're at it, choosing a mobility cart is good in this step, too (or choosing not to use one; I didn't). Hoppers, swayers and runners each play differently.

Second, pick a core part, either for raw stats or certain carts (I picked mine for the carts). I'd recommend a zero fighter w/ zero saber parts for beginners (saber parts/core have good raw stats, but the fighter core has more potential cost capacity to play with. Once you have more experience and parts, look into other cores/parts that may be stronger/more tunable).

Third, pick a good gun. The game will give you a couple good ones, but lots are available (scout rifle, peace maker, raid rifle, pierce gun, compact gatling, etc. While it's still available, I strongly recommend getting the s blast railgun).

Fouth, level your bot to where you want and tune it; metagame is unforgiving to most untuned builds. Always focus on WLK first, followed by either TEC or HP (for damage or survivability respectively). Don't touch TGH; Stun Supply core tune is recommended instead (core tunes+ are not necessary, unless you're running a mixed build or boost run; in these cases start with the core tunes first for CC+ and/or ecoBR+). Tune force and rapid/air force/shooter for your gun; these will get you your frags. Paralyze is expensive, while breaker and range tunes are almost useless.

Fifth, slap armor drive on it. The others aren't as good for gunner LNDs.

Finally, go wreck the competition. Very Happy

Spoiler:
As it is, this is workable. From here, you can choose to grab either Short Boost, Sway, Boost Run or a combination of carts (without access to Broad Radar, however, I wouldn't suggest forgoing a mobility cart).

Last edited by Rexir2 on Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:29 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: S Blast Railgunning   S Blast Railgunning EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 11:43 am

what the fuck are you saying
Back to top Go down
Arti
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Arti

Male Posts : 1204

PostSubject: Re: S Blast Railgunning   S Blast Railgunning EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 11:45 am

Why would you ever play a lnd gunner without short boost or sway
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: S Blast Railgunning   S Blast Railgunning EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 11:55 am

Short Boost and Sway aren't even mandatory carts for gunners.
Back to top Go down
Arti
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Arti

Male Posts : 1204

PostSubject: Re: S Blast Railgunning   S Blast Railgunning EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 12:00 pm

Diabolical wrote:
Short Boost and Sway aren't even mandatory carts for gunners.
Huh, could you elaborate upon that for me? I find it hard to believe, but not entirely implausible. What gunners would typically take neither?
Back to top Go down
Rexir2
Teddy Slide
Teddy Slide

PostSubject: Re: S Blast Railgunning   S Blast Railgunning EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 12:01 pm

Winty wrote:
what the fuck are you saying
Was posting a quick gunner LND guide for Aryuki. If I'm wrong in any area or forgot something, feel free to correct me. Wink

Arti wrote:
Why would you ever play a lnd gunner without short boost or sway
Because I don't need them? Sway is for side-to-side dodging, while hopping is for messing up other gunners' aim. I kite others by backpedaling; if anything, I could use boost run (but then I'd have to drop a stealth cart, so I abuse railgun recoil instead). Razz
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: S Blast Railgunning   S Blast Railgunning EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 12:02 pm

Quote :
while hopping is for messing up other gunners' aim

no it's not.
Back to top Go down
Rexir2
Teddy Slide
Teddy Slide

PostSubject: Re: S Blast Railgunning   S Blast Railgunning EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 12:12 pm

Winty wrote:
Quote :
while hopping is for messing up other gunners' aim

no it's not.
It's also useful for climbing stairs, alongside setting up for an accele roll or shooting at AIRs. Also, please read the description for short boost on the calc. Wink
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: S Blast Railgunning   S Blast Railgunning EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 12:26 pm

the calculator description is a carryover of beta days, when most weapons couldn't actually hit people hopping. These days mashing on short boost doesn't make you the same kind of invincible that it did back then. The main use of short boost is to reposition and to have a better time fighting against airs. Maybe you should understand the context of what is written there before you tell other people to read it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: S Blast Railgunning   S Blast Railgunning EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 12:28 pm

Arti wrote:
Huh, could you elaborate upon that for me? I find it hard to believe, but not entirely implausible. What gunners would typically take neither?
The only builds I can think of that would drop either cart is something that would want as much capa as possible. Both of those carts are useful, but I wouldn't say they are 100% necessary to make a gunner work. Especially something low cost and small like a Shadow Hunter.
Back to top Go down
Rexir2
Teddy Slide
Teddy Slide

PostSubject: Re: S Blast Railgunning   S Blast Railgunning EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 1:20 pm

Winty wrote:
the calculator description is a carryover of beta days, when most weapons couldn't actually hit people hopping.
Huh, didn't know that (it's still funny, though). I meant it to be a joke, not a challenge. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings.
Back to top Go down
Ariyuki
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Ariyuki

Male Posts : 210

PostSubject: Re: S Blast Railgunning   S Blast Railgunning EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 7:39 pm

Alright thanks for the quick guide, unfortunately I'm out of town so I can't play till the 30th or so
Back to top Go down
JinNJuice
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
JinNJuice

Male Posts : 449

PostSubject: Re: S Blast Railgunning   S Blast Railgunning EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 11:22 pm

Rexir2 wrote:
Because garatroll.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: S Blast Railgunning   S Blast Railgunning Empty

Back to top Go down

S Blast Railgunning
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next