Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Artilus Blast

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
HuckebeinMkIII
Newcomer
Newcomer
HuckebeinMkIII

Male Posts : 19

Artilus Blast Empty
PostSubject: Artilus Blast   Artilus Blast EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 1:52 pm

hello again. thanks guys for giving such staple advice, now im really good, even in pro rooms. i can now fight alongside you guys without feeling left behind. anyway, the thing is i want to ask another question if you guys dont mind. its about this bot in Garapon Unit 04:the Artilus Blast. rumors say this thing is so rare, it was only seen a few times since its arrival.

not really saying that i can get him, but i want to try my luck since garapon hasn't been disappointing, seriously the only blue balls are in UC garapons. these are the questions about it:
- Where are each of the railguns located? this is because there are 2 kinds of railguns, and explanation is confusing...
- What is a cluster bazooka? it really sounds like a new type of weapon.
- How does the beam canceller work? this really sounds stupid, but i really wanna know how it applies to the battlefield.

i think it is a good bot and i want it so much when writing this now. what do you think? builds are also highly appreciated if you want to post. sorry if my questions sound too stupid, im just excited about new robots, just like people with their girlbots. thanks again for your time.
Back to top Go down
http://muse.mu
beccadmgirl
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Female Posts : 1092

Artilus Blast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Artilus Blast   Artilus Blast EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 2:08 pm

-Don't own the bot, but you make reasonable guesses of the position of the railguns by clicking on the part and see which part on the bot it highlights. If its on the shoulder, its most likely a saggy type railgun, and if its on the back/side most likely its mialy type railgun.

-cluster bazooka... sound to me like illumis cluster missile or axis cluster gun type weapon. you fire off a single shot, it splits off mid way into smaller shots that spread over an area, cept its a bazooka shot instead.

- beam canceller interact with the hitbox of ANY projectile (instead of just beam projectile as it should do) according to testing by various people, and trigger its hit effect aka make it disappear if its a normal shot or blow up if its a zooka/nova.
Back to top Go down
Yggdroid
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Yggdroid

Male Posts : 410

Artilus Blast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Artilus Blast   Artilus Blast EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 2:40 pm

I have 5 of these bastards(1is blast version) , I love them but they need to be tuned to shine in arena.. Only difference between artilus blast and regular artilus versions are AMs and LGs. They still use the same core..

To add into what becca mentioned the cluster bazookas shoot out as a deck shot initially then spread into about 5 bazooka shots. They do nicely with alpha striking builds given their decent rate of fire.. But ammo will become a problem.

The beam cancelling LGs are a bit harder to use imo, don't have the best of stats and ammo runs out pretty quickly on them. And given the position of the weapons you best use them on airborne targets lest you waste shots hitting the ground.. -_-

For the use of artilus core,  you'll need to tune it for sure.. But it's rail guns aren't that bad . but because of them having a charge up time don't go and make it a an alpha striking bot.. Even if it has moving burst it's not much use given you'll likely get interrupted before even firing.

As for the core rail guns, the orange one (shoots out like a shotgun)  is more of a support weapon, inflicts booster trouble and helps troll airs by forcing them to drop altitude but can also be applied to any airborne target and making them go lower.. Adds to your support score geared towards the jamming side.. It shoots 7 shots at a time one of which is homing with 2 EIW  carts you can get up to 700 ammo for it, but given its low force don't expect to Kill much, though landing all shots on a target will net you more damage

The other rail gun (blue and alternating ) is the main offensive rail gun, and has slightly longer charge up time than the other rail gun but shoots a barrage of about 6 alternating individual shots depending on how long you hold the attack button.  Doesn't increase ammo with EIW but increase force for this railgun. Shines when paired with hypershot as it increases rate of fire of barrage making it harder to avoid the shots . Take note of its alternating fire, as I recall it always starts from left side, but because of this you can pull some trick shots where you swivel around aiming under barrage and when switching your shot to other side landing it on a passing target. Hard to pull off but oh so satisfying because they never see it coming.. they might Dodge one shot but get hit by the other shot on the other side.. xD
Back to top Go down
HuckebeinMkIII
Newcomer
Newcomer
HuckebeinMkIII

Male Posts : 19

Artilus Blast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Artilus Blast   Artilus Blast EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 11:28 pm

thanks friends. i know you could help me out with this.

beccadmgirl wrote:
Don't own the bot, but you make reasonable guesses of the position of the railguns by clicking on the part and see which part on the bot it highlights. If its on the shoulder, its most likely a saggy type railgun, and if its on the back/side most likely its mialy type railgun.

beam canceller interact with the hitbox of ANY projectile (instead of just beam projectile as it should do) according to testing by various people, and trigger its hit effect aka make it disappear if its a normal shot or blow up if its a zooka/nova.

mech parts in garapon cant be highlighted now matter how i try... but any projectile - now thats some ironwall artillery action right there. kinda like victorl's shield, right?

Yggdroid wrote:
I have 5 of these bastards(1is blast version) , I love them

As for the core rail guns, the orange one (shoots out like a shotgun)  is more of a support weapon, inflicts booster trouble and helps troll airs by forcing them to drop altitude but can also be applied to any airborne target and making them go lower..

The other rail gun (blue and alternating ) is the main offensive rail gun, and has slightly longer charge up time than the other rail gun but shoots a barrage of about 6 alternating individual shots depending on how long you hold the attack button.  Doesn't increase ammo with EIW but increase force for this railgun.

wow, now thats a satisfied customer... so i see now that the blast railgun is in the core, and the normal one is at its back. but damn, blast railgun with booster trouble? bet ill be duckhunting more when i get my hands on this beauty...

thanks alot guys, now i know i MUST get this thing, even if i have to use illegal means, because its damn awesome. gonna do the rolls when i have enough rt, wish me luck!
Back to top Go down
http://muse.mu
Yggdroid
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Yggdroid

Artilus Blast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Artilus Blast   Artilus Blast EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 11:55 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTFbNde2x8A&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DjTFbNde2x8A

You can look at this video for more visual confirmation on the base artilus core..
Back to top Go down
beccadmgirl
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Artilus Blast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Artilus Blast   Artilus Blast EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 12:06 am

from what i see on that video though the spread on that rail-shotgun thingy defeats any any attempt of using it as a long range weapon to main with. It has such a horrible spread that you can't even land many of them on a fat snailbot
Back to top Go down
KidGlitch
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
KidGlitch

Male Posts : 1703

Artilus Blast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Artilus Blast   Artilus Blast EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 12:37 am

The idea isn't to get all the hits, it's to get one of them; that's why the spread is so ridiculous at longer ranges. You use it as a jamming weapon to stun AIR's out of the sky, and then beat the hell out of them when they drop to the ground due to the stun or the waste booster.

If it was meant for pure damage, you would be able to alpha with it.
Back to top Go down
beccadmgirl
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Artilus Blast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Artilus Blast   Artilus Blast EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 1:02 am

"If it was meant for pure damage, you would be able to alpha with it."

not sure if trolling
Back to top Go down
KidGlitch
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
KidGlitch

Male Posts : 1703

Artilus Blast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Artilus Blast   Artilus Blast EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 4:08 pm

I'm basing this off the video, which said you can't alpha with the core weapon.
Back to top Go down
Yggdroid
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Yggdroid

Artilus Blast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Artilus Blast   Artilus Blast EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 4:40 pm

You can alpha with alternating rail gun only, but given its charge up time is longer than the shotgun one.. Well it's a bad idea if you planned to use it offensively.. You'll very likely get interrupted by an attack before you're ready.. I should know I've tried to run an alpha strike build for a short while, but ran into the problem of several interruptions. It's not impossible to use but a lot of practice and planning is required to use, best used defensively hanging back for targets to come to you. I might revisit the idea once I finish leveling my 3rd Artilus.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Artilus Blast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Artilus Blast   Artilus Blast Empty

Back to top Go down

Artilus Blast
Page 1 of 1