Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Air alphag pandawan in need of guidance

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
nebel

Male Posts : 53

Air alphag pandawan in need of guidance Empty
PostSubject: Air alphag pandawan in need of guidance   Air alphag pandawan in need of guidance EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 10:03 pm

Recently I have been beaten up by long ranged air alphas many times so I decided to join them. The things I have at hand are only Steel Burn AM3 and a crystas. Are those enough to make a build?

Another thing I want to ask is which bd to use? Should I choose Pacifar for capa, Katalina for the stovl + steal boost (I have both original version and BGS version), Jet Falcon for the reboost (I just don't like to use mechas with stock parts), or something else?

Thank you for your help.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Air alphag pandawan in need of guidance   Air alphag pandawan in need of guidance EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 11:26 pm

core should depend on what kind of build you want.
the parts you have are good for long range builds.
katalina core is a short ranged core, as the boost steal won't work from long range where you'd want to be using those parts.
Pacifar is pretty standard but loses out on utility to more modern cores.
Main things used for long range builds are Gwyain absol and rosso aspide.

You can use steel burn arm + crystas arm + crystas booster, or you can buy a second steel burn arm and use that for more damage at the cost of boost steal. Putting range tunes in the leading arm is the thing you'd generally want to do, to allow you to shoot people with the setup from very far away.
Back to top Go down
nebel

PostSubject: Re: Air alphag pandawan in need of guidance   Air alphag pandawan in need of guidance EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 3:00 am

Thanks mate. I think I can put the parts together for a long range build now.

I still can't choose a core though. I have neither Rosso Apside or Gwyain Absol. Are there any more accessible alternatives?
Back to top Go down
Isdelft
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Isdelft

PostSubject: Re: Air alphag pandawan in need of guidance   Air alphag pandawan in need of guidance EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 5:35 am

nebel wrote:
Recently I have been beaten up by long ranged air alphas many times so I decided to join them. The things I have at hand are only Steel Burn AM3 and a crystas. Are those enough to make a build?

Another thing I want to ask is which bd to use? Should I choose Pacifar for capa, Katalina for the stovl + steal boost (I have both original version and BGS version), Jet Falcon for the reboost (I just don't like to use mechas with stock parts), or something else?

Thank you for your help.

Winty wrote:
core should depend on what kind of build you want.
the parts you have are good for long range builds.
katalina core is a short ranged core, as the boost steal won't work from long range where you'd want to be using those parts.
Pacifar is pretty standard but loses out on utility to more modern cores.
Main things used for long range builds are Gwyain absol and rosso aspide.

You can use steel burn arm + crystas arm + crystas booster, or you can buy a second steel burn arm and use that for more damage at the cost of boost steal. Putting range tunes in the leading arm is the thing you'd generally want to do, to allow you to shoot people with the setup from very far away.

pacifar lack of BR and FR , compare to modern mech , but still usable
Back to top Go down
fggt
Flat chests are JUSTICE!
fggt

Male Posts : 5770

PostSubject: Re: Air alphag pandawan in need of guidance   Air alphag pandawan in need of guidance EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 5:54 am

Note that you can use arteris HD2 for long range purpose. It has 5 ammo, refillable with shell supply item. Each use give you 3 times of long range max or so, if you keep sitting on it.

Personally, I'm using suzeku BD with lux BS so I dont have to bother with boost refill. There should be better aura air core though.
Back to top Go down
nebel

PostSubject: Re: Air alphag pandawan in need of guidance   Air alphag pandawan in need of guidance EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 6:58 am

Thanks guys. I tried and made 3 builds. Is any of them viable? How can I fix them?
How can I fit in 2 Steel Burn AMs without having negative str?:

Can the core be overranged and do I need EIW?:

Jet Falcon BD - is it worse than stock?:

Btw, can I get away without using Air Loop or Prop bit?
Back to top Go down
earthbound
earthbound

PostSubject: Re: Air alphag pandawan in need of guidance   Air alphag pandawan in need of guidance EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 11:06 am

I think you can fit 2 crystas BS into Jet Falcon core though I don't know how many more damage that will give and if using his stock parts is better.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Air alphag pandawan in need of guidance   Air alphag pandawan in need of guidance EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 11:38 am

general rules for overranging:
1. is it homing? Yes: can probably be overranged
2. does it have bullet drop? Yes: can probably be overranged
Back to top Go down
nebel

PostSubject: Re: Air alphag pandawan in need of guidance   Air alphag pandawan in need of guidance EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 12:39 pm

I have not bought Cataloss Heavy yet and I can't find any video of him in action so can anyone who has him check for me please. Anyway, I think Beam Cannons like the core are neither homing or have its bullet dropping so he is out of the picture then D:

Also, does earthbound's idea of using Jet Falcon BD with 2 Crystas BS work? I think I can make a build with 2 crystas BS, Steel Burn AM3 + Crystas AM with about 600hp after Boost Drive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Air alphag pandawan in need of guidance   Air alphag pandawan in need of guidance Empty

Back to top Go down

Air alphag pandawan in need of guidance
Page 1 of 1