Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Noob UC alphag needs help

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rexir2
Teddy Slide
Teddy Slide

Male Posts : 188

Noob UC alphag needs help Empty
PostSubject: Noob UC alphag needs help   Noob UC alphag needs help EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 1:48 pm

Alphagging is NOT my strong point, but it seems like the only way to do good damage for offence epochs. Here's what I got at the moment:

Spoiler:

Damage output is nice, but survivability and ammo capacity kinda sucks. I'm not too sure how I should tune it or even if I'm playing it right. Embarassed Any (relative) advice appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Noob UC alphag needs help   Noob UC alphag needs help EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 1:53 pm

For epoch offense you want shotguns on airs.

Something more like this (regular shotgun or custom shotgun work fine too):

Back to top Go down
Rexir2
Teddy Slide
Teddy Slide

PostSubject: Re: Noob UC alphag needs help   Noob UC alphag needs help EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 1:22 pm

Thanks for the tip. Now I need to figure out how to get my hands on a multi mega beam gun without spending money. Regular shotguns don't seem to do the job.

I know that there are a lot of air alphag players, but their builds usually require rolling garapons, which is kinda hard for a FtP player.

With that said, could I please get some advice on my Victory 1 build? I'd really appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

PostSubject: Re: Noob UC alphag needs help   Noob UC alphag needs help EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 1:31 pm

Box Missiles are not very good.

Misside AMs are fat and have low ammo.

I would go with Ballistic Launcher with Victory1.

Since you're fond of wonderbits, it might be hard keep your TEC at a respectable level with STR at 1, but hey. Ballisitc Launcher doesn't even need that much TEC to hit (AIRs) hard.

Spoiler:

I kept the original wonderbit because it's something no other ARTs get (save FB) and it helps with ballistic launcher. Can't go wrong with dual rifle or a sword/slayer bit, though.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Noob UC alphag needs help   Noob UC alphag needs help EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 1:49 pm

Your options for alphaing with UC weapons are rather poor outside of UC>RTing Winberyl AMs for a SUP. I'd highly recommend something like what Relict posted.

As an aside I used regular Shotgun Seraphs and Custom Shotgun Pacifar for about a year and a half for epoch, they work more than fine.
Back to top Go down
Rexir2
Teddy Slide
Teddy Slide

PostSubject: Re: Noob UC alphag needs help   Noob UC alphag needs help EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 2:43 pm

Okay, I think i get the picture. I guess Victory 1 isn't as good for alphaging as I thought. Back to the drawing board! I must also suck w/ shotguns.

The problem is, all the alphag builds I've seen come w/ guns built into most of the parts, like w/ Winberryl AMs. There really aren't that many of those parts available to UC players that come w/ hands for holding more guns. Misside AMs seem to be the easiest to get. Most lands can't really alphag, and I haven't run into any UC alphag parts for airs. Should I give up on it?
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Noob UC alphag needs help   Noob UC alphag needs help EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 2:50 pm

pretty much yes. MB airs are richfag bots made up from rolling not just one, but multiple garapons to get all the parts you need. Or you can just play on CBTW where they have frau arms(the most important part imo) in the shop for you to buy.
Back to top Go down
Rexir2
Teddy Slide
Teddy Slide

PostSubject: Re: Noob UC alphag needs help   Noob UC alphag needs help EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 2:58 pm

@Winty That's discouraging. I guess that this is not the playstyle for me. Thanks for the input, everyone.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Noob UC alphag needs help   Noob UC alphag needs help EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 3:01 pm

Rexir2 wrote:
Okay, I think i get the picture. I guess Victory 1 isn't as good for alphaging as I thought.
He's actually a rather decent option due to core double blast zook and low cost. I have one myself, though it's set up for missions rather than arena.

Rexir2 wrote:
The problem is, all the alphag builds I've seen come w/ guns built into most of the parts, like w/ Winberryl AMs. There really aren't that many of those parts available to UC players that come w/ hands for holding more guns. Misside AMs seem to be the easiest to get. Most lands can't really alphag, and I haven't run into any UC alphag parts for airs. Should I give up on it?
Yeah, that's the thing. You want parts like Dugdriver AM, Gathima AM2, Rouche AM, Psycho Formula HD3, etc. and weapons like...well, regular Bazooka is actually okay, and I guess Rouche AM doesn't offer anything more than shielding 95% of the time, so x2 Bazooka would have adequate damage output. I don't see it as being worthwhile though. Lots of people like mixing in x2 Greinaut AM for non-gara builds but I find its use fairly questionable.

In short good alpha builds require gara parts and I just wouldn't bother with it for UC setups.

Winty wrote:
MB airs
but Victory 1 is an ART.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Noob UC alphag needs help   Noob UC alphag needs help Empty

Back to top Go down

Noob UC alphag needs help
Page 1 of 1