Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fiona build

Go down 
+7
Relict?
Nilla
lReisenl
YukiZero
nebel
Aethereal
earthbound
11 posters
AuthorMessage
earthbound
earthbound

Fiona build Empty
PostSubject: Fiona build   Fiona build EmptySat May 09, 2015 6:44 am

I chose her in CB2JP and she followed me here Embarassed How can I build my stalker? And how is she in the current meta? The 2 new Misunagi girls just feel "average" for me.
Do her weapons need any tune besides force for more damage? Should I get Moving Burst?

Here is what I have atm, 30 capa left for additional tunes/accele roll. Btw, should I stop at 31 FLY to get more hp?

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Aethereal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Aethereal

Male Posts : 296

Fiona build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiona build   Fiona build EmptySat May 09, 2015 9:03 am

Lecture time? lecture time.
-Why are you carting MB with only two weapons? (see below why this is a bad idea)

-if you're not planning on utilizing any specific wonderbit, dunk str if it means you'll have an easier time tuning.

-broad radar suggested. Right now, you can't see targets before they can see you. Modern airs reach up to 400 range, pretty much anybody can shut you down hard with armada AM2 if they know you're on a railgun *and* the fact they can easily outrange you.
You don't have a cat's chance in hell if you run around with a untuned railgun blindly onto the battlefield.

-0.59 range/speed ratio railgun looks okay at a glance, but you may want to raise the specs significantly to deal with modern airs *without* raising the speed ratio, and lowering it further if possible.

-h/grapid alpha(s) on the psygun assuming you actually have capacity left. while 220 speed is "technically enough" for psyguns, their accuracy scales dramatically the closer you get to the enemy. They won't hit things at 300 range, I promise you. However, they *will* be reliable at < 200 range, so you may as well raise speed (hence accuracy within it's functional range) while lowering the lockon range (which penalizes you nothing in reality).
This is clearly meant for self-defense when airs intend to close in on you.

This is also the reason for calling you out for MB'ing a railgun with a psygun. A weapon with a chargeup paired with a weapon that does not function reliably beyond 250 range is inadvisable.
Back to top Go down
earthbound
earthbound

Fiona build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiona build   Fiona build EmptySat May 09, 2015 10:05 am

Thanks for the lecture mate. I have so many things to learn.

Here are my next attempts.
Fiona v2:

I think High Boost Beta + High Tech Beta is more efficient in capacity so I tried this to fit in another tune for the railgun
Fiona v3:

Another of my concern is it is said in this post:
Spoiler:

So should I stop at 31 fly?
Back to top Go down
Aethereal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Aethereal

Male Posts : 296

Fiona build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiona build   Fiona build EmptySat May 09, 2015 11:00 am

38 fly, please.

If anything, I'd cart on Accel Roll as well.

The "31 fly is enough" thing was written very long ago. While I would not outright contradict it, it is an old fashioned way of thinking.

The biggest difference since Then and Now is that modern airs can and will win the damage race against arts, (in general) and you in this case as well, provided they position themselves outside the effective range of your psyguns.

So, it's not them that need to "fuck off", it's *you*, because in a common engagement against airs at approx 370 range, there will be 3 possible outcomes:

1) enemy air gets the hit on you, you auto-lose the damage race if armada AM2 present and unit beyond 250 range.
(you need your fly to get you the hell out of there, if the guy is already in combat range before you and moves faster than you can retreat OR advance, you're 100% screwed)
2) you shoot them and hit them, enemy unit either dies or immediately recovers and escapes; if counterattack, see 1
3) you close in with your 38 fly+accel roll so the enemy is within 2/3 radar range and < 2 bezels in altitude and fuck him up with your psyguns, so he MUST break off the engagement or risk running out of boost in hostile territory.
(same thing, both of you have 38 fly, but you have to be faster than them with an accel roll thrown into the mix)

Psyguns are among the only weapons that are completely immune to Bad Homing that armada AM2 inflicts, and your best bet of survival. But to utilize the psyguns in any case, you have to actually be fast enough to close in on them, and once they get hit with the waste booster debuff, your boost bar > his, so take every advantage you can get.

As for railgun specs, that's really up to you as a player. They look fine to me right now.

Lastly, get another person to review your final build. I may have missed things; others may offer additional insight.
Back to top Go down
earthbound
earthbound

Fiona build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiona build   Fiona build EmptySat May 09, 2015 8:11 pm

Thank you again for your comprehensive post Very Happy

It seems her railgun is doing okay without any tuning atm for me too. Should I just stop with 1 force tune for damage or nothing at all to focus on tuning the psygun and fit in accele roll?
Back to top Go down
nebel

Male Posts : 53

Fiona build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiona build   Fiona build EmptySun May 10, 2015 2:14 am

This girl reminds me of old school Lily Rain using rail gun (speaking of old times and arts, I remember there was a pretty funny guy using fat arts back in the days, is he still playing?).

Here is what I would do with mine, please review it. The rail gun is fine by itself imo so I go for force for a bit more damage. The handheld is pretuned and I aim for ease of tuning so it may not be the most efficient build. You can change things a bit to get 1 str for WB if you want.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
earthbound
earthbound

Fiona build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiona build   Fiona build EmptyMon May 11, 2015 8:41 am

Thanks guys. I'm pretty much settled with carts and stats now. The only thing that's still bugging me is how to tune the railgun. I kinda suck when shooting with it although I do fine with Aqua Parasol D:

I'm thinking about a combination of High/Great Force/Rapid and High Shooter. Or should I just get good at aiming and do force tunes all the way?
Back to top Go down
YukiZero
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
YukiZero

Male Posts : 342

Fiona build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiona build   Fiona build EmptyMon May 11, 2015 10:02 am

ugggh high shooters
if you cant hit with it just go grb grb +force
Back to top Go down
lReisenl
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
lReisenl

Male Posts : 130

Fiona build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiona build   Fiona build EmptyMon May 11, 2015 10:23 am

Double GRB gives 741 speed to 340 range, but even then I still have to lead my shots. :l

Guess I gotta gitgud.
Back to top Go down
YukiZero
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
YukiZero

Male Posts : 342

Fiona build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiona build   Fiona build EmptyMon May 11, 2015 11:04 am

LOL whats her org. speed
Back to top Go down
earthbound
earthbound

Fiona build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiona build   Fiona build EmptyTue May 12, 2015 4:23 am

Is force + force + Great/High Rapid Beta a good idea? I think double Great Rapid Beta is too much.
Back to top Go down
Nilla
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Nilla

Male Posts : 828

Fiona build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiona build   Fiona build EmptyTue May 12, 2015 10:06 am

There's many things you can do with the railgun. Any force/speed/shooter tunes are fine. You just gotta play with the wep till you find what works for you.
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

Fiona build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiona build   Fiona build EmptyTue May 12, 2015 10:31 am

With Boost Drive's Augmented Thrusters carts, I feel that Float Dash is unneeded (same with Short Boost) for fly based ARTs. The boost consumption is too efficient, basically. Well, I'll upload some video demonstrating this later, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Nilla
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Nilla

Male Posts : 828

Fiona build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiona build   Fiona build EmptyTue May 12, 2015 10:44 am

Idk about you, but I use float dash to get the fuck away from melees
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Fiona build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiona build   Fiona build EmptyTue May 12, 2015 10:52 am

That's exactly what I do as Natscha against an Ivis in the clip I was planning to upload. Will have to wait because I left my laptop at home and my final final is coming up in two hours.

Edit: actually, I'll just finish this chapter I'm cramming and then head home to upload it, I guess. This is more important than studying for some final I have a decent chance of passing huehuehuhujikunhuhuh

Edit: edit: never mind I deleted the video footage. Guess I'll try to record. But yeah FD is inefficient on boost consumption for arts. Same with Short Boost.
Back to top Go down
Halexander
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Fiona build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiona build   Fiona build EmptyTue May 12, 2015 12:01 pm

I Thought someone said fall charge helps short boost a lot. Never tried it myself tho
Back to top Go down
Shidokun
Denied Abbey
Denied Abbey

Male Posts : 994

Fiona build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiona build   Fiona build EmptyTue May 12, 2015 3:05 pm

Halexander wrote:
I Thought someone said fall charge helps short boost a lot.  Never tried it myself tho

Fall charge does not work with short boost. However it does work if you are manually pressing spacebar when you reached the highest altitude of your short boost but what is the point of doing that?
Back to top Go down
Halexander
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Fiona build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiona build   Fiona build EmptyTue May 12, 2015 3:51 pm

to fly/roll away from melee, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

Fiona build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiona build   Fiona build EmptyTue May 12, 2015 10:07 pm

Shidokun wrote:
Fall charge does not work with short boost.
Except it does.

Back to top Go down
Shidokun
Denied Abbey
Denied Abbey

Male Posts : 994

Fiona build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiona build   Fiona build EmptyWed May 13, 2015 5:05 am

Astral_Dono wrote:
Shidokun wrote:
Fall charge does not work with short boost.
Except it does.

O shet, seems I got confused with float dash - w-. Srry for the wrong information.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

Fiona build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiona build   Fiona build EmptyWed May 13, 2015 5:23 am

Relict? wrote:
With Boost Drive's Augmented Thrusters carts, I feel that Float Dash is unneeded (same with Short Boost) for fly based ARTs. The boost consumption is too efficient, basically. Well, I'll upload some video demonstrating this later, I guess.

it's not about boost consumption. Float dash, with high enough combined stats, is faster burst movement than regular flight. For long distance traveling, it's better to fly normally, but for quick short movement, 5_38 float dash is faster than 38fly.
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Fiona build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiona build   Fiona build EmptyWed May 13, 2015 5:54 am

Makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fiona build Empty