Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Please help me choose a bot from things I got in this event.

Go down 
+5
Winty
Maelstrom
Isdelft
colfenor1337
earthbound
9 posters
AuthorMessage
earthbound
earthbound

Please help me choose a bot from things I got in this event. Empty
PostSubject: Please help me choose a bot from things I got in this event.   Please help me choose a bot from things I got in this event. EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 8:56 am

After I'm done with being a try hard to grind this union war event, the tickets give me so many bots that I don't know which would suit my play style. Can you help me with some info on the things I get please. I prefer to play a sturdy melee or a mobile shooter (land, air or art is fine, as long as I can move around fast and shoot bullets).
Here are the things I have: Justicia, Vanessa Batros, Machina Kali, Katalina B.G.S, Aquila Girl SKY.
A bot that doesn't need too many tune mats is better too since I don't have much resource at hand.
Thank you for your help.
Back to top Go down
colfenor1337
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
colfenor1337

Male Posts : 1868

PostSubject: Re: Please help me choose a bot from things I got in this event.   Please help me choose a bot from things I got in this event. EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 9:37 am

For sturdy melee; I'll recommend you to prioritize your resources on Justicia. Her arsenal is nice for charging into enemy camp. But be warned; she's not meant to be played as extreme melee combo bot. Also she has good capacity for usual melee build.

Vanessa Batros is quite complex. I advise you to do research on her thoroughly before tuning anything. Best way is by getting hang of her various ZERO cart up to lvl. 5. Then if you're unsatisfied, you can always junk and start from scratch.

Katalina B.G.S is good for various alpha build. Even if you just wanna use her stock parts is fine too. As for AG-Sky, she's just different from the old AG as it deals boost drain.

Not sure myself for Kali, a I don't have her. But you're basically suiciding all day long. Just keep rushing your bit to any crowded area full with enemies.

In terms of ease of tuning, you can do just fine if you tune everything half-assed. But make yourself comfortable when using CosmoCalc. I'm sure you can bring the most out of your bots owob

With that, good luck bruh owo/
Back to top Go down
Isdelft
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Isdelft

PostSubject: Re: Please help me choose a bot from things I got in this event.   Please help me choose a bot from things I got in this event. EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 10:25 am

please ignore that vanessa , you will find it hard to make use of her due to the low base stats and those fixed parts
Back to top Go down
Maelstrom
Chased By Police
Chased By Police

Male Posts : 4840

PostSubject: Re: Please help me choose a bot from things I got in this event.   Please help me choose a bot from things I got in this event. EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 11:29 am

Just gib me that Vanessa...
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Please help me choose a bot from things I got in this event.   Please help me choose a bot from things I got in this event. EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 2:34 pm

Isdelft wrote:
please ignore that vanessa , you will find it hard to make use of her due to the low base stats and those fixed parts

lol
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Please help me choose a bot from things I got in this event.   Please help me choose a bot from things I got in this event. EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 6:31 pm

earthbound wrote:

Here are the things I have: Justicia, Vanessa Batros, Machina Kali, Katalina B.G.S, Aquila Girl SKY.
A bot that doesn't need too many tune mats is better too since I don't have much resource at hand.
Thank you for your help.

Out of the bots you listed, Aquila Girl SKY is probably going to be the easiest to make into a fairly usable build.

Justicia, Vanessa, and Kali all require pretty large investment to get to a point where they are able to not-die too fast to do anything.

I am not entirely certain how to build Aquila Girl SKY though, you may want to seek out someone who has had experience with her:

CVeil-less Version for lower cost/investment:

I would presume she's like every other Aquila Girl to date and just spams her core, using her booster seems like it'd be better done on another core if it's even worth using, and her capacity doesn't seem to support an alpha setup.
Back to top Go down
earthbound
earthbound

PostSubject: Re: Please help me choose a bot from things I got in this event.   Please help me choose a bot from things I got in this event. EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 11:41 pm

I guess i'll put Justicia and Machina Kali aside for now. Sadly, I don't have any weapons to make an alpha with Katalina now D: she seems quite interesting though. I tried Aquila girl Sky as Trill suggested and she is similar to the vanilla version with steal boost so it's nice.
Why are there mixed thoughts about Vanessa :< I'm confused. How is she as a shooter with her main weap, as a hit and run melee or as a crowd diver? I kinda like her melee combo.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Please help me choose a bot from things I got in this event.   Please help me choose a bot from things I got in this event. EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 12:23 am

vanessa is oddly designed.

She has two paths, S cosmos and G cosmos.
S cosmos path is entirely melee, gives her a main weapon CV shield move like many melee, and allows her access to a stun ball main weapon with high speed. It's pretty effective but her melee itself isn't overly great and taking this path will lock you into melee. Most people took this path because people like melee and were rather disappointed with her because of it.

The other path is G cosmos. It changes her main weapon to a decently fast rapid fire bubble shot, and gives her the option to get blade discharge, which shoots extremely wide hard hitting disks at targets, while still retaining the same base melee as the other path.
The issue with this path is that you can't rely on her guns alone, and her melee is the same - still not really that great. Which means the optimal tuning pattern is balanced stats which is really strong but people don't really know how to tune this way.

http://puu.sh/gZIdZ/c678a2b442.png

frankly, her base stats are really good for this - 19str and 17tec. With 20/20 tuning setup you can even go for a boost run build since you won't be tuning away fly and end up with pretty high tier boost run. Note that you'll get speed up from any hacking buff, which makes you even faster. For me, I don't take boost run and simply rely on the speed up to do things.

The basic gameplan I follow is to shoot anything I see to get a buff(which buff you get really doesn't matter for shooting, but more on that later) and then use the speed buff to fight things. For other melee, simply backpedaling while shooting works since most can't catch boosted speed, and you can chase, shoot to stun, and then melee most ranged units.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7pJeEusdz8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryDazEVkhCI

I said buffs really don't matter for shooting. This is pretty much true. Artillery, land, and support buffs are all equally good in my eyes. Zero buff is kind of glitched and doesn't really do damage, so if you want to shoot things, you want to avoid this buff.

If you want to melee, zero buff gives you CV in addition to speed up, so you can mash right click against other melee, just know that without 40str you'll probably lose the mash war unless you have a pretty big HP lead. Luckily 20/20 tuning leads to a lot of hp(550 base before drives with only 2 EX tunes, both +1 tunes adding 5hp.) so you'll be pretty set there.

So, to answer your questions:
as a shooter? decent, but has ammo issues for blade discharge.
as a hit and run melee? Will have problems fighting other melee
as a crowd diver? Don't.

So, the best thing to do is to simply be both a hit and run melee and a shooter. At the same time.

edit:
Cyberstep has been buffing old zero units recently, with eris/resha, momiji/kagura, and most recently eve/jace. There's speculation that alcy/vanessa may be up next, or soon. If they give G cosmos vanessa the same treatment they did with eve, her weapons will scale with STR instead, which will make this build not work, though an all-STR build will be much more powerful(higher damage on projectiles via STR, assuming they leave her numbers alone, and better melee damage since you can 40str) so if you are super poor you may want to wait for that if you were planning to do a heavy tuning job on her.
Back to top Go down
Maelstrom
Chased By Police
Chased By Police

PostSubject: Re: Please help me choose a bot from things I got in this event.   Please help me choose a bot from things I got in this event. EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 12:52 am

Nice tutoriwall, now I really want her, btw what did you tuned on her weapon?
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Please help me choose a bot from things I got in this event.   Please help me choose a bot from things I got in this event. EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 12:56 am

gforce hshooter
Back to top Go down
Fuwakomoriya
Police Is Watching You
Police Is Watching You

Male Posts : 991

PostSubject: Re: Please help me choose a bot from things I got in this event.   Please help me choose a bot from things I got in this event. EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 3:52 am

tasukete eirin!
Back to top Go down
Maelstrom
Chased By Police
Chased By Police

PostSubject: Re: Please help me choose a bot from things I got in this event.   Please help me choose a bot from things I got in this event. EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 4:51 am

Your weapons are from the garapon version?
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Please help me choose a bot from things I got in this event.   Please help me choose a bot from things I got in this event. EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 5:04 am

yes.
shop version G cosmos route is really bad since you get half force on the blade discharge.(30->15)
If you're doing anything with the shop version, you want S cosmos since it's probably one of the better melee you can use in beginner room, and the melee force is only dropped to 25(from 32) and the only thing you lose is a bunch of CV shield ammo(30->10) but she's the only melee in beginner that gets a CV shield anyway so it's still pretty decent.
Back to top Go down
Maelstrom
Chased By Police
Chased By Police

PostSubject: Re: Please help me choose a bot from things I got in this event.   Please help me choose a bot from things I got in this event. EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 5:12 am

I suspected...

But wait, the shop version can be used in beginner ruleset? I know that
shop Alcy is beginner legal, but never heard about and never seen ppl
using Vanessa for this, although I already suspected this too...
Back to top Go down
earthbound
earthbound

PostSubject: Re: Please help me choose a bot from things I got in this event.   Please help me choose a bot from things I got in this event. EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 7:20 am

Thanks Winty, I really enjoy taking the G Cosmos path of Vanessa and playing hybrid between melee and gunner now Very Happy
Btw, I just realized I had unused tickets and got Amlin Cardinal, Fluenne and Corona Cougar. Fluenne is a great support that I'll definitely use but how about the other 2? How are they compared to the other bots I listed (Justicia, Vanessa Batros, Machina Kali, Katalina B.G.S, Aquila Girl SKY). My criteria is still the same: a sturdy melee or an agile shooter.

Fuwakomoriya wrote:
tasukete eirin!
Go home Suwako, you are no NEET Princess.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Please help me choose a bot from things I got in this event.   Please help me choose a bot from things I got in this event. EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 7:22 am

cardinal is a long range air that can disable enemy melee from a distance. she's pretty strong without much investment.

corona is another melee. She has a shorter, decently strong combo and mechanic that lets her put melt on things to kill HP stacking enemies. She doesn't stand out overly much in any way, just kind of above average overall.
Back to top Go down
Frizz
Busted
Busted

Male Posts : 2029

PostSubject: Re: Please help me choose a bot from things I got in this event.   Please help me choose a bot from things I got in this event. EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 7:42 am

Hey Winty.
This low acc is a Catastrophe Muffler right? This one is a RT charge item?
Back to top Go down
earthbound
earthbound

PostSubject: Re: Please help me choose a bot from things I got in this event.   Please help me choose a bot from things I got in this event. EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 8:59 am

Thanks Winty and everyone for the awesome info. Through this topic I've learnt some cool playstyle in CB. I always thought everyone just spam right click in this game (poking/slashing for melee and long range missiles for arts) during my 2 months of playing but now I know there is more to try.
Btw, I tried to copy Winty's Vanessa Batros build but sadly I don't have enough mats for the ranger tunes. How many hp would you suggest is enough to survive? And how to tune Amlim Cardinal's Bat and Mega Blood Shooter?
Back to top Go down
Irvinning
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Irvinning

Male Posts : 119

PostSubject: Re: Please help me choose a bot from things I got in this event.   Please help me choose a bot from things I got in this event. EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 6:52 pm

Her bats need at least a Force tune and a Great Rapid, since it has greater range than the original's, but same speed. Her blood shooter doesn't need any weapon tunes IMO.
Back to top Go down
earthbound
earthbound

PostSubject: Re: Please help me choose a bot from things I got in this event.   Please help me choose a bot from things I got in this event. EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 10:47 am

Thanks Irvinning. I'm suprised that there are so many people who like Touhou playing CB :O
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please help me choose a bot from things I got in this event.   Please help me choose a bot from things I got in this event. Empty

Back to top Go down

Please help me choose a bot from things I got in this event.
Page 1 of 1