Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ballista Shooter / Ballista Shooter Mod

Go down 
+5
Intet
SkyPanic
Nisa
reVelske
Aria
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Aria
Master Poster
Master Poster
Aria

Male Posts : 2859

Ballista Shooter / Ballista Shooter Mod Empty
PostSubject: Ballista Shooter / Ballista Shooter Mod   Ballista Shooter / Ballista Shooter Mod EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 7:40 am

What to tune them with?

I don't miss often.
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: Ballista Shooter / Ballista Shooter Mod   Ballista Shooter / Ballista Shooter Mod EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 7:43 am

More Range or more Force if you don't miss often, obvious, no?
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: Ballista Shooter / Ballista Shooter Mod   Ballista Shooter / Ballista Shooter Mod EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 8:05 am

reVelske wrote:
More Range or more Force if you don't miss often, obvious, no?

Works for every weapon.

Can't hit?

High shooter.

Back to top Go down
SkyPanic
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
SkyPanic

Male Posts : 775

PostSubject: Re: Ballista Shooter / Ballista Shooter Mod   Ballista Shooter / Ballista Shooter Mod EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 9:10 am

great rapid B x2
high air force
Back to top Go down
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: Ballista Shooter / Ballista Shooter Mod   Ballista Shooter / Ballista Shooter Mod EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 9:17 am

I did great supplies on one of mine cause I kept getting low on ammo in drawn out matches, or things like epoch.

But for the others I got sitting around...probably rapids/high air force/ high shooter will go on them.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Ballista Shooter / Ballista Shooter Mod   Ballista Shooter / Ballista Shooter Mod EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 2:31 pm

Ballistas have plenty of ammo, but maybe I just think that because I frequently use custom magnums/handy bazookas/boost gun.

I'd still speed tune personally, I don't feel their range is high enough to warrant high shooter. Force + Great Rapid Beta + Air Force or something, maybe.
Back to top Go down
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: Ballista Shooter / Ballista Shooter Mod   Ballista Shooter / Ballista Shooter Mod EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 5:48 pm

Yah I used to not have a problem with ammo, but I don't think I was playing quite as aggressively with it. I can make a power shooter go the whole match, but since I'm harassing people rather than chasing them down with that, consumption is a tad higher when I'm using ballista.
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: Ballista Shooter / Ballista Shooter Mod   Ballista Shooter / Ballista Shooter Mod EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 6:18 pm

Got a 3s Ballista Shooter just the other day(Super UC Gara, I think)!

Problem is, it's sheer weight means I only have a few air-bots that can use it, and none are particularly effective...hmm...I suppose the Big Mountaiz could make use of it....

Not really used this weapon before.... Question
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

Male Posts : 1054

PostSubject: Re: Ballista Shooter / Ballista Shooter Mod   Ballista Shooter / Ballista Shooter Mod EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 6:37 pm

CapeMike wrote:

Problem is, it's sheer weight means I only have a few air-bots that can use it, and none are particularly effective...hmm...I suppose the Big Mountaiz could make use of it....

I'd actually try to stay away from using Ballista on a AIR. I guess there are worse things you can do, but it's the only crossbow a LND can use worth using, and there's nothing quite like a Ballista that LNDs can use while that's just not the case for AIR.

Also, I'd never use a L AIR period, let alone with a Ballista unless it's to use a LL weapon or to use a gimmick it has. If a smaller sized AIR can hold it, it can do it better, all the time, pretty much no matter what. Meaning it would be much better on something like Beezel/Sword Wing/Seraph/Izuna/everyhing before Big Mountainz if you ask me because they can do the exact same thing only smaller, faster and probably cheaper.

Lastly, when you use it, the thing that separates it from other weapons is the range it gets. Given the high cost, you'd want to try to use it as effectively as possible or you might as well be using a Accel Gun or WBG. Stay as far out of it's range as possible and use it to deal a lot of damage at a distance.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kito.winterwing.com
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: Ballista Shooter / Ballista Shooter Mod   Ballista Shooter / Ballista Shooter Mod EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 8:22 pm

Kitouski wrote:
CapeMike wrote:

I'd actually try to stay away from using Ballista on a AIR. I guess there are worse things you can do, but it's the only crossbow a LND can use worth using, and there's nothing quite like a Ballista that LNDs can use while that's just not the case for AIR.

Also, I'd never use a L AIR period, let alone with a Ballista unless it's to use a LL weapon or to use a gimmick it has. If a smaller sized AIR can hold it, it can do it better, all the time, pretty much no matter what. Meaning it would be much better on something like Beezel/Sword Wing/Seraph/Izuna/everyhing before Big Mountainz if you ask me because they can do the exact same thing only smaller, faster and probably cheaper.

Lastly, when you use it, the thing that separates it from other weapons is the range it gets. Given the high cost, you'd want to try to use it as effectively as possible or you might as well be using a Accel Gun or WBG. Stay as far out of it's range as possible and use it to deal a lot of damage at a distance.

The highest-level air I have is a 7-8 shop Ghost Raider, which simply doesn't have the capacity for it as presently tuned...if I had that item that resets the carts(name?) I -might- be able to pull it off....

It could also work on my gun-runner, I suppose, but that's presently carrying a Scouter Rifle and mini-zook(anti-air)...hmm. Question
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Ballista Shooter / Ballista Shooter Mod   Ballista Shooter / Ballista Shooter Mod EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 10:48 pm

Level a beezle enough to handle it with only a bee HD, AM, BS and froglander LG.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ballista Shooter / Ballista Shooter Mod   Ballista Shooter / Ballista Shooter Mod Empty

Back to top Go down

Ballista Shooter / Ballista Shooter Mod
Page 1 of 1