Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Diana E'clair question

Go down 
+2
Zwiebel Force
Irvinning
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Irvinning
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Irvinning

Male Posts : 119

Diana E'clair question Empty
PostSubject: Diana E'clair question   Diana E'clair question EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 12:59 pm

I saw her in my garage and decided to give her a build, but I don't know if I should go Fly or Wlk. I heard that it's usually better to go for fly in arts, but would tuning wlk instead be something stupid? I feel as if the boost gauge may be a hassle if I'm constantly moving and getting away from stuff. And input is appreciated~
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: Diana E'clair question   Diana E'clair question EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 1:56 pm

Ugh, I copy pated MuttaSama's build, which is FLY based. But that build is mainly spaming Unison Mode.

I think most Diana's go FLY based, because of her sorta exotic slot/capa ratio.
Back to top Go down
Rexir2
Teddy Slide
Teddy Slide

Male Posts : 188

PostSubject: Re: Diana E'clair question   Diana E'clair question EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 2:02 pm

I don't have Diana, so I don't really know much about her yet. May as well ask some questions.

1: How different does she perform when transformed?
2: Do you plan on using Diana when she's transformed?
3: How do you usually use your ARTs, in general?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Diana E'clair question   Diana E'clair question EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 2:27 pm

WLK-based with Boost Run can be legit. Doing WLK without Boost Run is a bad idea because you'll be too slow to evade melees, and too slow to chase AIRs.
Back to top Go down
Irvinning
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Irvinning

PostSubject: Re: Diana E'clair question   Diana E'clair question EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 2:58 pm

When she transforms, she gets 3 main weapons and long moving burst, as well as a shield in sub weapon. I plan to use her mostly in the Union mode (transformed). I tend to use arts more defensively, keeping track mostly of airs.
Back to top Go down
Rexir2
Teddy Slide
Teddy Slide

PostSubject: Re: Diana E'clair question   Diana E'clair question EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 3:21 pm

Defensive, okay. How's this?

Spoiler:
Here's a runner build. Be aware that this does NOT use Broad Radar. Don't forget to take the Eco Boost Run core tune (+ is not necessary, but reccomended) and Armor Drive.

Last edited by Rexir2 on Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Diana E'clair question   Diana E'clair question EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 4:36 pm

don't use that build.

diana's arms should be tuned with great rapid alpha, and the BD weapon should be selected to aim the alphastrike.
There's no reason to take EIW on diana, it doesn't do anything.
40/18 is complete overkill, there's no need to go beyond red tier.
>26 tec
Back to top Go down
Rexir2
Teddy Slide
Teddy Slide

PostSubject: Re: Diana E'clair question   Diana E'clair question EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 5:38 pm

Winty wrote:
diana's arms should be tuned with great rapid alpha, and the BD weapon should be selected to aim the alphastrike.
There's no reason to take EIW on diana, it doesn't do anything.
40/18 is complete overkill, there's no need to go beyond red tier.
>26 tec
I forgot about overranging (I personally don't care too much for alphas). I'll fix that.

The Roi Barrier's ammo increases by 5 for each EIW, capping at 20.

Let's not forget that LNDs normally run faster than ARTs. From what I've heard, pink-tier non-LNDs are about as fast as red-tier LNDs.

I made the build this way because I was focusing on defensive gameplay; survivability comes first, DPS comes second.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Diana E'clair question   Diana E'clair question EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 6:14 pm

yes, it caps at 20, which means it starts at 10, which is more than enough. You're much better off taking guard carts. Or any other carts. EIW is really bad here. EIW would be better if you were flybased and planned on abusing the repeat stun by accel rolling onto people, but even then you probably only want 1 because you want more carts.
lands run faster, but artillery run longer. It's still complete overkill.
If you are focusing on a truly defensive playstyle, you should be prioritizing 1. damage 2.hp 3. mobility, as the player will probably just be camping with their team and be trying to minimize situations where they'd need huge amounts of mobility. I'd look at orange BR or 31 fly for a defensive build, and red BR or 38 fly for an aggressive build.
and 40tec on both builds because that's the most important thing.
Back to top Go down
Rexir2
Teddy Slide
Teddy Slide

PostSubject: Re: Diana E'clair question   Diana E'clair question EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 6:24 pm

Welp, everyone has their own opinions and ideas; Winty, let's agree to disagree. I like using high/extreme mobility bots for both offense and defense. They're very fun!

Irvinning, I hope all of our advise helps!
Back to top Go down
Irvinning
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Irvinning

PostSubject: Re: Diana E'clair question   Diana E'clair question EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 6:47 pm

Mhm, I've planned out my build already. I ended up choosing fly over walk. Only thing left to decide is 1x EIW or Beam Guard, but I'll leave that for after I play a bit with her and see if I really the EIW. Thanks everyone~
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Diana E'clair question   Diana E'clair question EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 6:58 pm

Rexir2 wrote:
Welp, everyone has their own opinions and ideas; Winty, let's agree to disagree. I like using high/extreme mobility bots for both offense and defense. They're very fun!

lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Diana E'clair question   Diana E'clair question EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 6:59 pm

EIWs only give barrier ammo for union mode. The only time you should ever take EIWs is if you're doing a Roi build.
Back to top Go down
Rexir2
Teddy Slide
Teddy Slide

PostSubject: Re: Diana E'clair question   Diana E'clair question EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 7:08 pm

Diabolical wrote:
EIWs only give barrier ammo for union mode. The only time you should ever take EIWs is if you're doing a Roi build.
Welp, looks like everyone thinks I'm crazy. Maybe I am, who knows. Razz
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

PostSubject: Re: Diana E'clair question   Diana E'clair question EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 8:10 pm

You like to create suboptimal builds, yup.
Back to top Go down
mechaRev
Abbey Denied
Abbey Denied

Male Posts : 1298

PostSubject: Re: Diana E'clair question   Diana E'clair question EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 8:27 pm

Spoiler:
I myself tuned g.rapid beta
not quite into the whole alpha bots thing so I'm not aware on how to build them
I don't run out of ammo anyway
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diana E'clair question   Diana E'clair question Empty

Back to top Go down

Diana E'clair question
Page 1 of 1