Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Since I have no Brave BS

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Pork Chop
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Pork Chop

Male Posts : 359

Since I have no Brave BS Empty
PostSubject: Since I have no Brave BS   Since I have no Brave BS EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 9:47 pm

I used an M-Core LND with RitterLazFlamme BS instead.

Critic me freely.

RitterLazFlamme BS:

Click for Link
Back to top Go down
Samui
Armed Teddy
Armed Teddy

Male Posts : 833

PostSubject: Re: Since I have no Brave BS   Since I have no Brave BS EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 10:02 pm

I recommend Zero Saber/ Zero Saber girl if you want to use Ominous Scythe. They have a built-in Sub Weapon like Brave Drive BS.
Back to top Go down
Pork Chop
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Pork Chop

PostSubject: Re: Since I have no Brave BS   Since I have no Brave BS EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 10:04 pm

Samui wrote:
I recommend Zero Saber/ Zero Saber girl if you want to use Ominous Scythe. They have a built-in Sub Weapon like Brave Drive BS.

Already tried Zero saber... no fast recovery so homura, powerless debuffs and shock bazookas just makes a mess of me.

And Range of Zero Step is kinda lower compared to Bravesteps. I have more problems with dealing with high mobility shooters than with melee powerhouses.
Back to top Go down
Rexir2
Teddy Slide
Teddy Slide

Male Posts : 188

PostSubject: Re: Since I have no Brave BS   Since I have no Brave BS EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 10:31 pm

It looks like it has good defences, but that mobility is going to cripple your chances against the faster gunners in today's meta. As it is, I can see this as an anti-melee bot or a hit-and-run sneak-attacker, but that's it.

Reaper Scythe is a little cheaper and hits almost as hard. Evil Halberd trades power for better melee performance. Calamity Sword is hard to work with, but is lethal when it hits. Just a few ideas in case you're willing to swap out your Ominous Scythe.

Have you considered using a Red Squealer? A larger robot allows stronger weapons to be used, such as a Mighty Pile Bunker or a Brigand Axe.

Spoiler:

This build CAN do freakishly high damage, but the Calamity Sword is difficult to use, especially in the Arena. The only reason I put Absorb Bump on it was to fix a bug in the Sword's performance. With 28/3 BR, it moves at green tier speed, which is often the minimum for today's meta.
Back to top Go down
Pork Chop
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Pork Chop

PostSubject: Re: Since I have no Brave BS   Since I have no Brave BS EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 2:43 am

Rexir2 wrote:
It looks like it has good defences, but that mobility is going to cripple your chances against the faster gunners in today's meta. As it is, I can see this as an anti-melee bot or a hit-and-run sneak-attacker, but that's it.

Reaper Scythe is a little cheaper and hits almost as hard. Evil Halberd trades power for better melee performance. Calamity Sword is hard to work with, but is lethal when it hits. Just a few ideas in case you're willing to swap out your Ominous Scythe.

Have you considered using a Red Squealer? A larger robot allows stronger weapons to be used, such as a Mighty Pile Bunker or a Brigand Axe.

Spoiler:

This build CAN do freakishly high damage, but the Calamity Sword is difficult to use, especially in the Arena. The only reason I put Absorb Bump on it was to fix a bug in the Sword's performance. With 28/3 BR, it moves at green tier speed, which is often the minimum for today's meta.

Appreciate the build but imho it's only good on paper. I've tried Red Squealer BD before and its pause at start of acceleration is quite long for me to chase around decoy dashes, accele roll dashes, and cart+subweapon dashes. Not really spammable.

Whereas in RitterLazflamme BS gives an instantaneous charge and melee right after the charge. I studied it from this link watching the Elisalotte Glanz and Vanguard Axer:

RitterLazFlamme BS:

If only I got lucky rolling for Brave BS I wouldn't bother people so much on my unorthodox build.

Btw don't be shy to make 10 ex tuned and G.Capa builds since I already made 2 full tuned bots, I'm looking for a project for the last tuned bot on my commando list, given that I don't get anything lucky from the trollapon as usual.

Last edited by Pork Chop on Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:28 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Wah~Sugoi
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Wah~Sugoi

Male Posts : 576

PostSubject: Re: Since I have no Brave BS   Since I have no Brave BS EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 3:08 am

Trying to reach 40Str by sacrificing your mobility with a 25Force scythe >>> Does it worthy ...
Back to top Go down
Pork Chop
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Pork Chop

PostSubject: Re: Since I have no Brave BS   Since I have no Brave BS EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 3:11 am

Huge.Dick wrote:
Trying to reach 40Str by sacrificing your mobility with a 25Force scythe >>> Does it worthy ...

I'm using a 37 force Ominous Scythe not a 25 force Gale Scythe. #em3

And RitterLazFlamme BS can cover for my lack of mobility stat-wise. #em3
Back to top Go down
Isdelft
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Isdelft

PostSubject: Re: Since I have no Brave BS   Since I have no Brave BS EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 10:27 am

red squealer bd performance is MEH , as i tried , that thing can only use while you stay at ground
Back to top Go down
Rexir2
Teddy Slide
Teddy Slide

PostSubject: Re: Since I have no Brave BS   Since I have no Brave BS EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 5:41 pm

Meh, just trying to come up with ideas. I have a Ritter Laz myself, so I understand how her BS works. The only issue I have with it is when an enemy is out of its effective range: it makes a short dash that does't do anything productive. I'm pretty sure this can be improved by tuning it with HGlads.

I understand that Red Squealer is kinda meh, but Laz BS3 is too small to fit on a large bot. Gotta compensate somehow, so I chose to use RS's core. Besides, with green tier BR, if I were to chase after those kinds of bots, I'd simply run after them. For competative use, though, I'd replace the weapon. The big damage is awesome, but it's too easy to avoid to put it to good use. Razz

I guess the best alternative would be to use a Red Squealer AM. Try running that with your favorite large-bot combo-able melee weapon and a K-shield.
Back to top Go down
Pork Chop
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Pork Chop

PostSubject: Re: Since I have no Brave BS   Since I have no Brave BS EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 7:58 pm

Rexir2 wrote:
Meh, just trying to come up with ideas. I have a Ritter Laz myself, so I understand how her BS works. The only issue I have with it is when an enemy is out of its effective range: it makes a short dash that does't do anything productive. I'm pretty sure this can be improved by tuning it with HGlads.

I understand that Red Squealer is kinda meh, but Laz BS3 is too small to fit on a large bot. Gotta compensate somehow, so I chose to use RS's core. Besides, with green tier BR, if I were to chase after those kinds of bots, I'd simply run after them. For competative use, though, I'd replace the weapon. The big damage is awesome, but it's too easy to avoid to put it to good use. Razz

I guess the best alternative would be to use a Red Squealer AM. Try running that with your favorite large-bot combo-able melee weapon and a K-shield.

Too costly, but going to try later after work. And post it here. Thanks. #em3
Back to top Go down
Rexir2
Teddy Slide
Teddy Slide

PostSubject: Re: Since I have no Brave BS   Since I have no Brave BS EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 9:22 pm

Spoiler:

Made another Calamity build, this time using the Laz BS3. Again, it runs at green tier speed. Stat tunes can be replaced w/ their respective EX counterparts. Performance should be better, given that BS step > RS's step and the BS has been fully tuned for step performance. All parts are either UC-, Shop-, Gift- or Bazzar-obtainable.

Just as a reminder, Calamity Sword can't hit high-flying airborne targets. Switching to a GG Evil Halberd is recommended for much more reliable performance. Razz
Back to top Go down
Pork Chop
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Pork Chop

PostSubject: Re: Since I have no Brave BS   Since I have no Brave BS EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 10:14 pm

Rexir2 wrote:
Spoiler:

Made another Calamity build, this time using the Laz BS3. Again, it runs at green tier speed. Stat tunes can be replaced w/ their respective EX counterparts. Performance should be better, given that BS step > RS's step and the BS has been fully tuned for step performance. All parts are either UC-, Shop-, Gift- or Bazzar-obtainable.

Just as a reminder, Calamity Sword can't hit high-flying airborne targets. Switching to a GG Evil Halberd is recommended for much more reliable performance. Razz

I needz fast recovery, Homura Break is a game hard to play without it as a melee. I used Mantiscythe Core since I haz it. #em3

And don't give me economy builds. Don't be shy and make it expensive like 10 ex tunes, G.Capa, 2x revenge tunes etc. since I'm the one whose gonna build it.  #em3

Not sure if I'm gonna use Calamity Sword since it's hard to hit. I haz Ominous Scythe though. Icy

Thanks btw. #em1

On the side note, does Sylvia Paladin with RitterLazFlamme BS perform the same as Elisalotte Glanz with RitterLazFlamme BS? I'll be using my UC->RT next month on shop RitterLazFlamme anywayz.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Since I have no Brave BS   Since I have no Brave BS Empty

Back to top Go down

Since I have no Brave BS
Page 1 of 1