Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

About the Game current state

Go down 
+11
StickyKeys
RaverX
Admin
That_Wiesel_Guy
Zwiebel Force
BARILLIAN
Winty
Tuskin
Garmraid
Sakura1
Charz
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Charz
Artic Char
Artic Char

Male Posts : 447

About the Game current state Empty
PostSubject: About the Game current state   About the Game current state EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 11:33 am

I was hesitating alot about making a thread that discuss the deteriorating state CB is going throw  as the past threads with the same topic was turned to flame wars due to ppl shifting blame to each other so i decided that i will take a different approach as i won`t discuss the arena in detail here and i will focus mostly on other things that need to updated and i mean by that all PVE modes and other things

by now i think you have noticed that player activity and presence on the server is critically low we used to have 100 players or so distributed on all 3 channels but now only 50 or 60 players remains if this waves of rage quite keeps up this server is prone to shut down in the near future

since that things have developed that far i want you to stop for a moment and think about the future i am sure most of you have spent years and hundreds of hours playing this game spent alot of money and got trolled by the gara numerous times to get what you want or something close to what you want it is safe to assume now that all of that can go down in rubles in a blink of an eye when C$ close the server and without warning

ps climbing a mountain is easier than getting a moe in this game

some ppl may not care much if they loose every item and bot they got but it will affect you some way or another when you realize that all the efforts you made were all in vain sure you can return to your old good life and keep contact with you friends to talk about any other things of interest but that wasted effort will hunt you as a sad memory and even if you recovered the money you have wasted on this game it will be impossible to recover the long time you wasted on it

since that we don`t know what is the revenues C$ must get from the players in order to deem the server operations financially viable with this low player numbers it is a subject to shut down like CBEU before it wake up before it is too late and stop burring your heads in the sand there is no evidence that CBEN is immune to shut down  i am not trying to force a fact here it is just my thoughts if you have something to say in that regard then feel free to do so  

now lets get to the point but before that a few words regarding arena i feel like mentioning

it is may be me but the game used to be interesting not just because the features it provides but because the ppl who used to play it was interesting as well to me that was the source of the fun

when the Intium apocalypse happened the game went to hell all the ppl i have known in my first 2 years were all gone and the arena became a repetitive pointless game mode and a nest of hatred afterwards

basically now the arena is 0 fun and i can`t have fun any more C$ have flooded it with moes that made the arena semi impossible to play comfortably it feels like every match it a final boss fight
i struggle alot smash the keyboard alot stressed alot and get enraged alot i don`t know about you but someone don`t play games to get tortured like that unless you are a masochist

one can`t spend money forever to play a repetitive fag mode that became boring and pointless i mean there are other things that need to be improved and that is the point of this thread to find an alternate escape route from the arena as it it pointless now to reason with ppl who play in it and it can`t be balanced without messing everything up so all what i want is to enjoy the game without bothering with them

most  MMORPG games  have a pvp mode as a secondary game mode while most of the time you deal with mobs and AI opponents in CB it is the reverse resulting for players having limited options to enjoy the game the NPC in CB tells you about a great war against the chaos that happened in the past  so cool history will repeat itself and i will fight hordes of dark forces again

turned out that i was a bit naive we only fight chaos in GM events and repetitive event chaos arena  that isnt as rewarding as the pvp arena i find this to be a horrible misrepresentation of the game the original propose of the 3 unions is to fight chaos not to fight each other on a semi permanent basis an arena is a game mode that is meant for practice in order to be more skilled and stronger so when you can go out and fight more difficult AI opponents but not to remain in it forever

that remind me in CBEU when the official service started the server were mostly empty except of 2 or 3 players and non of the game modes were even playable i find this to be a huge scam to be honest
the game is so dependent on large groups of ppl to even function

if you want to breath some life into this game a kind of joint effort from the community is needed to keep the sever alive for the longest time possible i have some suggestions that isn`t so hard to implement because apparently C$ spend all the money on moe design

1 mission mode

it would be cool if we get more missions to play i mean it has been so long and we didn`t get any interesting one they must update it with a new mission every 2 weeks or so without that it is plain boring and add nothing of value

the drops should be updated as well no one will bother to farm a mode that has nothing new to offer nor provide a decent rewards for the effort you do  

lurking evil mission is a dead weight like that being so damn hard to beat it will  be playable if they allowed us to lower the difficulty

2 legion rooms and order quest

really simple update the order quests every week and make it to give better rewards like slotectors BS parts uc etc

3 Bastgant and Arcanatus quests

i don`t know about you but this game mode didn`t get any thing new in the course of 4 years i spent in this game there are 4 bastgant bosses brez haku cs and frac those guys are not enough they must add a new quest boss every 3 or 2 months so ppl can find a reason to play it and it would be nice if they improved the drop rewards as well

for Arcanatus i only want them to remove the goddamn time limit so i can explore on ease i don`t like rush games

4 RT gifting and trading system

some how we have to whack CS with a hammer to get this activated i believe this alone will bring back a lot of ppl who rage quited long ago because they will have a real chance to get what they want that include the redundant copys of bots ppl may have they can trade it with something they want and will use it. it is so unfair that all servers got it activated except of CBEN

i think the above requests is not unreasonable and it will benefit all of the ppl as well not having anything to do in this game but arena is why ppl now not bothering to play or even login

ps in the recent ferwell threads the arena is the primary reason for them leaving

i have said what i wanted to say the rest is up to you guys if possible i want some one to relay any feedback in this thread to CS and maybe they will listen
Back to top Go down
Sakura1
Crab
Crab

Female Posts : 5579

PostSubject: Re: About the Game current state   About the Game current state EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 12:50 pm

u forgot to improve the hardwware and firmware of this shitty game so ppl do magically moonjump when getting meeled and dont active massive lag when u room hop .___.
Back to top Go down
Charz
Artic Char
Artic Char

PostSubject: Re: About the Game current state   About the Game current state EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 1:01 pm

the lag sure is a problem that need to be fixed but it has been around for ages fixing the lag would require CS to get larger and faster server hardware but it seem they don`t have intentions to do so

Back to top Go down
Garmraid
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Garmraid

Male Posts : 290

PostSubject: Re: About the Game current state   About the Game current state EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 1:27 pm

Meh i said it in other topics BUT i'll say it again...

1)Improve game modes (as you said: more and with better rewards *extra:legion started good but it needs to get [more orders & more often], B&D is a nice idea but STILL needs a LOT of work-)

2)Improve balance(expecially tunes, S moes/bots reaching OMFG HPs is pretty much stupid EXPECIALLY when their best bet should be mobility...thus making L bots usually useless[*2 IF melees])

3)Improve shop: this explains itself -EVERYONE loves freebies- (examples:last year we got Scaregant,Sturbanger,AG & Bikini Monica(+Chibi Monica for levelling said Bikini one)? Lots of people on....and as of late NEW(decent ver.) shop moes in shop/by doing UW(Sunny,Kilika,Sanae)? Again nr. of people online raised.

4)Personal one linkable with 3: KILL GARATROLL. Seriously or at least reduce it's influence by putting top golds(usually the new/interesting ones gameplay wise) in shop too(no matter if 25% nerfed, IF the moe is good *gimmick wise* she'll still be a nice goal to reach-considering you will need time to ammass the needed UC/rt to buy'em-...go ask to all the ppl that got Sunny/Kilika from shop).
Tldr:what's the point of introducing moes/bots that bring freshness to the game IF your chance of getting/using them are extremely limited?

5)Trade rt stuff: THAT and resold'em too(whole GARA bot: 50 rt for a Gold, 20 rt for a Silver, 10 rt for the other stuff)...afterall i DO have 8 useless C.Freed rotting in my (SUB)garage.

6)LAG:Obviously but this will only be addressed if the remaining points gets done and there are more ppl on.why should C$ care about 90% of us lagging if the remaining 10% does NOT LAG and charges like crazy(seriously i know a guy that does the work of 20+ ppl by charging 2000 rt EVERY FUC*ING GARA)

P.S:I usually find 120/200 ppl on and never the same ones...blame timezones(as ppl from EU/EN/else play this as well).
Also blame this stupid UBER bazaar as well...many guys(even those that would normally play) just stay there the WHOLE day.
Back to top Go down
Tuskin
Do not charge RT
Tuskin

Male Posts : 2811

PostSubject: Re: About the Game current state   About the Game current state EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 2:18 pm

Buyer's remorse, I see.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: About the Game current state   About the Game current state EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 2:57 pm

remove defensive playstyle
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: About the Game current state   About the Game current state EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 3:02 pm

Remove stunning altogether, that's the only thing limiting players from rushing. Or at least add rank 4 core tunes that give an anti-stun effect that costs like 25 crystals and like 40 rainbow gems.

"but the campers will get this tune too and turtle all day"

so will the melees and the entire game will be "fixed"

there isn't any real way to fix cb imo, if you balance one thing then something else will be broken and it will continue forever until we all die
Back to top Go down
BARILLIAN
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: About the Game current state   About the Game current state EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 3:20 pm

I have stood by a single maxim when it comes to the health of this game and it has yet to prove me wrong.

If no new threads about how the game is dying are created within a 3-month period, then the game really is dying.

Ergo, CB will survive at least into late 2014.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: About the Game current state   About the Game current state EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 3:24 pm

stun isn't what limits players, it's the damage.
remove stun and you'll make the game worse because fly-based artillery will just shit all over everything even more so than berz girl already does.
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: About the Game current state   About the Game current state EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 4:22 pm

Duh, I think there're a few things that are confusing. But typing a lot sucks. And I don't want to. So I just point out a few things

Quote :
by now i think you have noticed that player activity and presence on the server is critically low we used to have 100 players or so distributed on all 3 channels but now only 50 or 60 players remains if this waves of rage quite keeps up this server is prone to shut down in the near future
There're summer vacations in a lot of places right now. I myself went on a vacation for a while, I could imagine that a lot of other ppl did as well.
Quote :
ps climbing a mountain is easier than getting a moe in this game
I find clicking the roll buttons in gara rather easy. It is expensive, not hard.
Quote :
most  MMORPG games  have a pvp mode as a secondary game mode while most of the time you deal with mobs and AI opponents in CB it is the reverse resulting for players having limited options to enjoy the game
CB is not a MMORPG, but a third person shooter. Some of these don't even have a lobby mode, or PvE features. You're comparing apples to oranges here.

I think first of all they should fi al these stupid software issues and te lag. Maybe then we could have cool, new features.
Back to top Go down
Charz
Artic Char
Artic Char

PostSubject: Re: About the Game current state   About the Game current state EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 4:27 pm

there is no real way to fix the arena that is true that is why i thought about pve in the first place arena is a source of pain nowdays and barely have any thing interesting with all of this broken moes around you are guaranteed to hit the wall from frustration

i believe that if the pve mode such as missions quests  and legion got a good updates ppl may consider to play the game again for the new content and for the better rewards

as for the shop i believe it already have a lot of bots to choose from and as the time pass i think CS would add more

@ Himmel 1 even third person shooter is dependent on pve modes and CB were not introduced as a pure pvp game to begin with

2 for the player activity i don`t know but i feel it is more of a rage quite than ppl simply went on a vacation

3 it is hard because you can pay 1000 plus and will not get the moe you want sure you can get a random moe but can you get the one you want ? that is what i mean by hard
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: About the Game current state   About the Game current state EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 4:43 pm

create new quests with decent rank points, decent exp, and decent UC so that arena wont be as mainstream anymore, and make multiple new quests in the arcantus tab, with new and harder maps, maybe a "dungeon" mode like C21 that can drop elements from enemies.
Back to top Go down
That_Wiesel_Guy
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
That_Wiesel_Guy

Male Posts : 4551

PostSubject: Re: About the Game current state   About the Game current state EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 4:52 pm

The main focus of this game was and still is PVP. PVE is just tacked on there so there's something else to do. When they do add PVE shit, barely anyone cares because no one likes the PVE in this game and would honestly just be a waste of time to work on. A minority of people who enjoy missions/arcantus/bastagant isn't enough reason to try and expand on something that isn't popular. My two cents but whatever
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: About the Game current state   About the Game current state EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 4:53 pm

last bit is the most important there.
give people more ways to get things.
rainbow chip prices have been on the rise for awhile since the only semi-reliable way to get them is from haku, which fewer people do every month.
the current gems are only gotten from arcantus and arena.
give missions a purpose. Update the drop tables for all of them, they're currently only good for rank points and they're grindy as fuck with a depressing payout.
allow multiple mates to be equipped at once, change the older mates quests to be other things. there should be one which drops rare mats(rainbow chips, elements, rarer gems etc) for doing things, eris/ivis should have arena items removed and simply drop tickets/prots/harmonics/acs. There's actually a lot to do in this game but there isn't a reason to. Why do any bosses except haku? frac and berz are a lot slower, berz has tons of random shit and doesn't even give uc.
the game doesn't even really need new stuff, it just needs the old stuff to actually be useful.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: About the Game current state   About the Game current state EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 4:57 pm

That_Wiesel_Guy wrote:
The main focus of this game was and still is PVP. PVE is just tacked on there so there's something else to do. When they do add PVE shit, barely anyone cares because no one likes the PVE in this game and would honestly just be a waste of time to work on. A minority of people who enjoy missions/arcantus/bastagant isn't enough reason to try and expand on something that isn't popular. My two cents but whatever

The problem is that they don't have much benefits so people don't enjoy them. People only play haku for EXP and rainbow chips / EX lottos. If they were to at least buff older game modes then I can bet that people will be doing other game modes alot more. If missions dropped elements people would be spamming them 24/7, if they dropped 3 - 7k UC per run for hard mode and above then people would play them. Giving missions unique drops would make them more playable too, like give the pepen mission jumbo pepen BD's or the cacpetus mission a cacpetus BD drop or something.

Same goes for arcantus and boss quests. Now you're probably thinking, "wouldn't that get stale after awhile?", exactly my point, if they focused as much on updating arena drops as they did to quests and missions, then EVERY game mode will be enjoyed not just for blowing shit up, but for ACTUAL benefits.

EDIT: Arcantus really needs some 100 uc coin drops, I know they exist, so make it happen CS.
Back to top Go down
That_Wiesel_Guy
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
That_Wiesel_Guy

Male Posts : 4551

PostSubject: Re: About the Game current state   About the Game current state EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 5:01 pm

Yeah, that would make more sense than ignoring it. PVE shit is barely updated in terms of rewards and even then it's not exactly super rewarding these days. Like winty said, there's a lot of shit, just outdated and needs to be updated.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: About the Game current state   About the Game current state EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 5:04 pm

Granted gems drop in all game modes, but we need exclusive drops for said modes. Also add new cubes with quest and mission requirements, such as "Reach the 4th outposti n arcantus to open this cube" or something. Or old school robot cubes / WP cubes dropping in missions and arcantus so people can stop trying to jew these things.
Back to top Go down
Sakura1
Crab
Crab

PostSubject: Re: About the Game current state   About the Game current state EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 5:27 pm

we need Quests Daily Quest+ Dungeons, and maybe have those quest have some meaning like finish all ur daily quest and get like 5rt or something maybe a chance to get slot protector, game needs more ways to gain rt which isnt from lotto/garapon/charging/uc>RT even rt from rank up ish limited to once u reach the max its like whats next .__.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: About the Game current state   About the Game current state EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 5:29 pm

Quote :
daily quest....a chance to get slot protector

eris/ivis mate is exactly this.
Back to top Go down
Admin
[Founder]
[Founder]
Admin

Male Posts : 344

PostSubject: Re: About the Game current state   About the Game current state EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 5:52 pm

Well the low playerbase makes sense when the only form of new content consists of more moe. More garapons, more trolling -> repeat. Its only natural people would be fed up at some point.
Back to top Go down
https://cosmicbreak.forumotion.com
RaverX
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
RaverX

Male Posts : 1047

PostSubject: Re: About the Game current state   About the Game current state EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 6:05 pm

Admin wrote:
Well the low playerbase makes sense when the only form of new content consists of more moe. More garapons, more trolling -> repeat. Its only natural people would be fed up at some point.

Agreed Razz

(Can I Hug You)
Back to top Go down
StickyKeys
Master Poster
Master Poster
StickyKeys

Male Posts : 2670

PostSubject: Re: About the Game current state   About the Game current state EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 6:06 pm

Sakura1 wrote:
we need Quests Daily Quest+ Dungeons

And more orders and planets to explore. Also they should give out a prize for completing Arcantus..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: About the Game current state   About the Game current state EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 6:26 pm

legions need updates in the form of quests and missions
Back to top Go down
Sakura1
Crab
Crab

PostSubject: Re: About the Game current state   About the Game current state EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 6:50 pm

Winty wrote:
Quote :
daily quest....a chance to get slot protector

eris/ivis mate is exactly this.

well i kindna meat it like eris/ivis but more like a literally quest dat doesnt involve grinding arena for ur life, maybe some like

" Daily Maint: do 1 Tune up, Etc etc, "
or
Daily Practice: do 10-5-1230, etc etc arena matches "

shit like that
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: About the Game current state   About the Game current state EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 6:54 pm

10 arena matches is what eris and ivis are.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: About the Game current state   About the Game current state Empty

Back to top Go down

About the Game current state
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next