Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wolf Hikari's Anime Character Making Guide

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Wolf Hikari
Shiromo Get Launched Off
Shiromo Get Launched Off

Male Posts : 2985

Wolf Hikari's Anime Character Making Guide Empty
PostSubject: Wolf Hikari's Anime Character Making Guide   Wolf Hikari's Anime Character Making Guide EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 6:25 am

Well, some of u probably wondering on how to make an Anime characters i suppose. So let me share my experiance...

I will go over at basic methods to draw general Anime faces at first, so u can both get a better idea of how Anime faces are drawn, as well as an idea of how use what u know to create interesting original characters.

Chapter 1: Heads
1.1: Male Eyes

Normal

A) The eyes are one of the most important features of most characters. It is the most expressive parts of the face, and are part of what makes each character different and recognizable. So it is very important to be able to draw them correctly. , I will teach u how to draw some of Anime style eyes. In this guide, I will give u examples of eye styles for u to use to help u draw ur own original characters.

B) Male characters are sometimes neglected by fan artists, that is why many fan artists have trouble drawing guys. They really aren't that hard, though, just different. Most male eyes are more thin and narrow than female eyes, though there are several exceptions. This particular eye is narrower than other female eyes, without being so thin that it looks like it belongs to a more shady, suspicious character. Begin by drawing a thick, very slightly curved line. Its almost horizontal, but still has a slight curve to it. The edges should curve inwards a little, more so on the left.

C) Lightly draw two diagonal lines starting from the edges of the top line to help define the lower part of the eye. The lines are almost perpendicular to each other. Don't make them too steep or too flat or the size of the eye will be off. Next draw the Iris. The iris is a perfect circle, but is partially covered up by the eyelids. Do not draw the iris so small that u can see the whole thing. Anime characters have light glares in their eyes, though Male eyes often are not as large or obvious. Draw one oval light glare on the left side of the eye, and a pointed one on the right side.

D) Draw the pupil beneath the light glares and shade it heavily, especially if the character has darker colored eyes. Draw the eyelid and eyelash. Male characters tend to have darker, thicker eyebrows, so make sure they aren't too thin.Try it, that wasn't too hard. Don't worry if the eyes look too 'girly'. Usually its hard to tell if some eyes belong male or female characters. Some styles of eyes are interchangeable and can be used for either gender.

Villains?

E) The Narrow eyes are often (but not always) associated with darker, brooding characters. Villains often have narrower eyes. To draw this style of eye, start with a long, curved line. Make the curve is steeper on the left hand side than the right. Next, Draw in the lower part of the eye, it should be curved, rather than a straight line, so that the entire eye is like an elongated, pointy oval.

F) The iris is covered up by the upper eyelid, if the eyelids weren't there, the iris would be a perfect circle. Thicken the lines on the right side of the eye. Draw in the light glares, as well as the upper eyelid on top of the eye.
As, usual, finish up the eye by adding the pupil and shading the iris, and adding the eyebrow. Smooth and darken ur lines, and u're done.
^w^

Next...

G) Once u have the right eye drawn, u're probably going to want to draw the left eye, too. Oh well, All u have to do is draw the MIRROR image of the exact same eye. The placement of the second eye can be tricky though. It is Anime, no matter what style, are always drawn about one eye length apart. The distance may be a little more or less, but one eye length is a good measurement.

H) And yeah... u guys aren't not always going to draw ur characters facing towards u, right? so u'll need to know how to line up eyes at different angles. I will tell u that in general face guide later.

PS:If u're still amature please draw a guidelines to help u position the eyes until u are really good at it and no longer need them. ^w^ (Coming Soon)

Next Guide will be 1.2: Female Eyes

Yoshi! Gakushujo no guddorakku!

Last edited by Wolf Hikari on Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Hikari's Anime Character Making Guide   Wolf Hikari's Anime Character Making Guide EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 6:27 am

Lawl.

You stole my idea.
Back to top Go down
Wolf Hikari
Shiromo Get Launched Off
Shiromo Get Launched Off

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Hikari's Anime Character Making Guide   Wolf Hikari's Anime Character Making Guide EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 6:40 am

sunjae429 wrote:
Lawl.

You stole my idea.

Nope, i just giving my guide... That's my guide. And your topic is yours...

Besides, u're doing the whole thing on Manga and I just making a Character...

It's some kind of helping u know...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Hikari's Anime Character Making Guide   Wolf Hikari's Anime Character Making Guide EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 8:14 pm

Wolf Hikari wrote:
sunjae429 wrote:
Lawl.

You stole my idea.

Nope, i just giving my guide... That's my guide. And your topic is yours...

Besides, u're doing the whole thing on Manga and I just making a Character...

It's some kind of helping u know...

No. It would only help if you were my cousin.
Back to top Go down
FuG ShadeZ
FuG ShadeZ

Male Posts : 79

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Hikari's Anime Character Making Guide   Wolf Hikari's Anime Character Making Guide EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 7:43 am

I'm always having trouble with the eyes.
So thank you for clearing some stuff up.
I'll probably keep trying to improve by drawing/ sketching anime/ manga heads during class.
Class is boring.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/DevilShadeZ

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Hikari's Anime Character Making Guide   Wolf Hikari's Anime Character Making Guide EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 12:39 pm

Wolfy, I'm afraid that to make the tutorial clear for anything related to drawing, you must at least show pictures of you trying.
Back to top Go down
Wolf Hikari
Shiromo Get Launched Off
Shiromo Get Launched Off

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Hikari's Anime Character Making Guide   Wolf Hikari's Anime Character Making Guide EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 12:26 am

REIA wrote:
Wolfy, I'm afraid that to make the tutorial clear for anything related to drawing, you must at least show pictures of you trying.

I actually on construction to that... ^w^U

FuG ShadeZ wrote:
I'm always having trouble with the eyes.
So thank you for clearing some stuff up.
I'll probably keep trying to improve by drawing/ sketching anime/ manga heads during class.
Class is boring.

Ah! Sure! If there anything wrong tell me! ^w^

PS: I wonder if you really don't like classes... -_-|||
Back to top Go down
FrozenEdge
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FrozenEdge

Male Posts : 1003

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Hikari's Anime Character Making Guide   Wolf Hikari's Anime Character Making Guide EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 4:14 am

no visual aids? >_>
Back to top Go down
http://dreamself.me/d/ily1

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Hikari's Anime Character Making Guide   Wolf Hikari's Anime Character Making Guide EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 4:46 am

FrozenEdge wrote:
no visual aids? >_>

Most people in this forum would love you drawing females. And how do you draw boobs? They're so hard to draw!!!
Back to top Go down
Wolf Hikari
Shiromo Get Launched Off
Shiromo Get Launched Off

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Hikari's Anime Character Making Guide   Wolf Hikari's Anime Character Making Guide EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 4:02 am

LXE wrote:
FrozenEdge wrote:
no visual aids? >_>

Most people in this forum would love you drawing females. And how do you draw boobs? They're so hard to draw!!!

I will explain it later. ^w^

POOR MALE.... -_-||| Sad
Back to top Go down
FrozenEdge
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FrozenEdge

Male Posts : 1003

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Hikari's Anime Character Making Guide   Wolf Hikari's Anime Character Making Guide EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 5:49 am

Wolf Hikari wrote:
LXE wrote:
FrozenEdge wrote:
no visual aids? >_>

POOR MALE.... -_-||| Sad
make visual aids while your at it..... make sure those boobs are detailed Cool
Back to top Go down
http://dreamself.me/d/ily1

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Hikari's Anime Character Making Guide   Wolf Hikari's Anime Character Making Guide EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 7:41 am

FrozenEdge wrote:
Wolf Hikari wrote:
LXE wrote:
FrozenEdge wrote:
no visual aids? >_>

POOR MALE.... -_-||| Sad
make visual aids while your at it..... make sure those boobs are detailed Cool

Raise both of your hands up if you agree to this!

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Wolf Hikari
Shiromo Get Launched Off
Shiromo Get Launched Off

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Hikari's Anime Character Making Guide   Wolf Hikari's Anime Character Making Guide EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 2:50 pm

1.2: Female Eyes part 1

A) Lets begin with the most basic and common of anime eyes, the large female type. Start off by drawing a line that curves upwards, and is slightly thicker at the highest point. This eye will be on the right side of the face, so make the left end of the curved line higher than the right. The top of this particular eye (Lina Inverse's eye, from Slayers Episode actually ^w^) isn't a perfect curve, it is slightly angular. Some styles of eyes are nearly perfectly curved on the top. Try it at first!

B) Next, lightly draw diagonal lines pointing down, starting at the edges of the top part of the eye. The steepness of the slope of these lines will determine how large and wide the eye will be. Using these lines as a guide, draw the lower part of the eye. It should slope down to the right a little, and should be thicker at the right corner. Then, Erase the guidelines and draw a long oval within the eye. Some characters have large circles for irises, but this particular one has thin ovals. u can adjust the shape wider if u like. Make part of the oval obscured by the upper part of the subject's eye.

C) After That, draw the outline of the light glares. Anime characters' eyes should always have at least some sort of shading(I don't remember if I ever type this before). Anime females in particular tend to have really heavy shading and lots of shiny areas. Make sure u choose a light source, and stick with it throughout ur picture. For example, the light is coming from the left in this picture, I have to make sure all the highlights on the rest of the picture originate from the left, or the lighting will be inconsistent (unless I'm using multiple light sources, but I won't get into that u know). Draw two long ovals, a large one on the left side of the iris , and a very small one on the other side of the eye.

D) Don't forget to draw the pupil underneath the light glares. The highlights are always on top. [ATTENTION!]never draw the pupil on top of the light glares. Draw the eyelashes with this particular eye, the eyelashes are a series of spikes coming off of the top-right part of the eye. Make the spikes follow the curve of the eye, so it looks like they are coming off of the eye okay. don't just draw zig-zag lines sticking out of her eye. (Man! That's worst! >_<) Also, draw the eyelid on the left part of the eye. Its just a thin, curved line originating from the top of her eye.

E) Finally, ur eye almost finished. So try the other basic just as the male counterpart! ^w^

Next Guide will be 1.2: Female Eyes part 2

Yoshi! Gakushujo no guddorakku!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Hikari's Anime Character Making Guide   Wolf Hikari's Anime Character Making Guide Empty

Back to top Go down

Wolf Hikari's Anime Character Making Guide
Page 1 of 1