Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stage editor was released too.

Go down 
+10
FrozenEdge
necrio
Ichijo
FenixStryk
Courius
Sean
Jello
Feign
ChaosOmni
azz33
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
azz33
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Stage editor was released too. Empty
PostSubject: Stage editor was released too.   Stage editor was released too. EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 3:49 pm

You can enter the stage editor in the launcher, its in english version.

It seems this is also offline.
Back to top Go down
ChaosOmni
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
ChaosOmni

Male Posts : 254

PostSubject: Re: Stage editor was released too.   Stage editor was released too. EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 4:18 pm

Can anyone find the ghost trees anywhere?

I found lots of C21 objects to drop into place, but no sign of destructible things that drop boost items.

--

btw...

left mouse click and hold in the preview window, move arrow left/right/up/down moves view left/view right/move foward/move backward

right mouse in preview window is up/down vertical movement

scroll wheel adjusts view angle

and you may need to click a few times on the environments drop list before it shows itself. the menu for it is touchy/laggy

when you have the items list, click on the one (of the up to 4 available) options, and drag it into the grids.

use the scroller for "height" to adjust the vertical position

if you want to change height, you can select the height option above items, pick a height with the scroller, click where you want on the grid, and it will raise/lower the elevation.

just know it will not change the landscape texture (ie: water).. you have to go back to items and paint the texture to land/water or whatever

Last edited by ChaosOmni on Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
azz33
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Stage editor was released too.   Stage editor was released too. EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 4:29 pm

So far i have seen:

-No destroyable objects (trees, snowmans, and others).
-No teleport objects (the teleport of that map with transparent floor).
-No transparent floor.
-No speed air things.
-No bases.
Back to top Go down
ChaosOmni
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
ChaosOmni

PostSubject: Re: Stage editor was released too.   Stage editor was released too. EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 4:32 pm

there is one GATE item I noticed, but I'm not sure it actually does anything.

I'm probably going to drag my maps into CBJP to test them out for the time being
Back to top Go down
Feign
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Feign

PostSubject: Re: Stage editor was released too.   Stage editor was released too. EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 8:22 pm

ChaosOmni wrote:

I'm probably going to drag my maps into CBJP to test them out for the time being
None of the items in the JP map editor have actual functionality... I've already tested.

Also... Testing is a monumental pain in the ass.
Back to top Go down
ChaosOmni
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
ChaosOmni

PostSubject: Re: Stage editor was released too.   Stage editor was released too. EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 8:30 pm

Feign wrote:
ChaosOmni wrote:

None of the items in the JP map editor have actual functionality... I've already tested.

I kinda figured.

I was just going to create the biggest flat plain map I could and drop one of everything on it and call it the amusement park.
Back to top Go down
Feign
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Feign

PostSubject: Re: Stage editor was released too.   Stage editor was released too. EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 8:34 pm

ChaosOmni wrote:
Feign wrote:
ChaosOmni wrote:

I kinda figured.

I was just going to create the biggest flat plain map I could and drop one of everything on it and call it the amusement park.

It would get tricky with things like Tunnels... They should put a warning: "For advanced users" on those damn things... They punch holes in the map in ways that defy logic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stage editor was released too.   Stage editor was released too. EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 8:37 pm

Feign wrote:
ChaosOmni wrote:
Feign wrote:
ChaosOmni wrote:

I kinda figured.

It would get tricky with things like Tunnels... They should put a warning: "For advanced users" on those damn things... They punch holes in the map in ways that defy logic.
Blame CyberStep. It's their fault.
Back to top Go down
ChaosOmni
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
ChaosOmni

PostSubject: Re: Stage editor was released too.   Stage editor was released too. EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 8:39 pm

eh, I can't even figure out how to get tunnels/caves to connect right just yet (finding the pieces that match). then again I've only dabbled two maps, one that got destroyed when I tried to expand the Y length of the map boundary.Rolling Eyes

what they don't tell you is this is the first beta of the editor... Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stage editor was released too.   Stage editor was released too. EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 8:47 pm

ChaosOmni wrote:
eh, I can't even figure out how to get tunnels/caves to connect right just yet (finding the pieces that match). then again I've only dabbled two maps, one that got destroyed when I tried to expand the Y length of the map boundary.Rolling Eyes

It says beta up top.
Back to top Go down
ChaosOmni
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
ChaosOmni

PostSubject: Re: Stage editor was released too.   Stage editor was released too. EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 10:52 pm

They do, but they rarely/never mention it being in beta any time you read them mention it otherwise. Wink
Back to top Go down
Jello
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Jello

PostSubject: Re: Stage editor was released too.   Stage editor was released too. EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 12:20 am

I want to make a loop de loop with funnels =3
Back to top Go down
Feign
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Feign

PostSubject: Re: Stage editor was released too.   Stage editor was released too. EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 12:23 am

ChaosOmni wrote:
Ugh, don't I know it...

I've been working with it cince the day it came out in the JP version... It's an enormous pain in the ass, but when you have a map and you finally have it really done right, it's all the more sense of accomplishment.
Back to top Go down
Sean
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Sean

Male Posts : 966

PostSubject: Re: Stage editor was released too.   Stage editor was released too. EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 12:24 am

I have actually made maps with the CBjp map editor and it's actually pretty easy if you just play around with it for a little bit. I know how everything works. ^^
Back to top Go down
http://xlythe.com
Courius
Betrayed Abbey
Betrayed Abbey

Female Posts : 935

PostSubject: Re: Stage editor was released too.   Stage editor was released too. EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 8:01 am

wonder if i can make a wide narrow short ceiling cave stage.... divided by a damn river and several stuff are on both of river side... then... call it "sniper Stage"...

would it work?
Back to top Go down
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Courina/
ChaosOmni
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
ChaosOmni

PostSubject: Re: Stage editor was released too.   Stage editor was released too. EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 9:22 am

you would need obstructions if you want the river to keep them separated the entire game.

didn't see anything that would prevent a bot getting through and yet allow you to shoot through... without your ammo getting wasted by said obstruction.
Back to top Go down
FenixStryk
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
FenixStryk

Male Posts : 382

PostSubject: Re: Stage editor was released too.   Stage editor was released too. EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 10:15 am

Five hours later, I can finally say that my first map is complete.
Spoiler:

What a pain that was. The second floor looks shoddy because I didn't want the first one to be cramped like all tunnels are.

I'm just glad I finished it. I hope I don't have to adjust anything, but I have a feeling that I may need to lower the second floor slightly if there isn't enough space on top for air to fly. I'll find out on Thursday and take care of it if necessary.

I take it you guys are also still fighting with the Stage Editor?
Back to top Go down
Ichijo
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Ichijo

PostSubject: Re: Stage editor was released too.   Stage editor was released too. EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 11:05 am

I might make a temple site like map with platforms far from each other to prevent boiledeck spam and two sides connected with wind tunnels instead of caves.
Back to top Go down
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

PostSubject: Re: Stage editor was released too.   Stage editor was released too. EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 11:04 am

seems fun

I'll make an air only map i guess, name it dogfight, and call it a day
Back to top Go down
FrozenEdge
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FrozenEdge

Male Posts : 1003

PostSubject: Re: Stage editor was released too.   Stage editor was released too. EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 11:08 am

i guess i'll try to recreate maps from my old fps games Basketball
Back to top Go down
http://dreamself.me/d/ily1
Feign
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Feign

PostSubject: Re: Stage editor was released too.   Stage editor was released too. EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 3:50 pm

FenixStryk wrote:
Five hours later, I can finally say that my first map is complete.
Spoiler:
Very nice, I can say it took me a lot longer than 5 hours to make The Anthill, but it shows... Perhaps tomorrow I'll go take some images of it to post up here.
Ichijo wrote:
I might make a temple site like map with platforms far from each other to prevent boiledeck spam and two sides connected with wind tunnels instead of caves.
Sorry, no whirlwind objects... You'll have to make due with tunnels.

Also, no damage from the map, therefore, the temple "white pit of doom" effect simply acts as water.

No trolling for you. Razz
Back to top Go down
Desu
Master Poster
Master Poster
Desu

Male Posts : 2015

PostSubject: Re: Stage editor was released too.   Stage editor was released too. EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 8:27 pm

So i can't accidentally my whole team in Feigns map with a Wind tunnel?
Damnit.
It's even less effective if i use fire pillars :V
Back to top Go down
http://www.tinychat.com/asianchinks
bakked385
Newcomer
Newcomer

Male Posts : 2

PostSubject: Re: Stage editor was released too.   Stage editor was released too. EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 6:58 pm

Does anyone know how or if you can make the teams larger then 5? Also if someone is making a map that consists of only a giant underground network of tunnels, don`t raise the land and just make the cave on the ground, it will reduce the time you spend making it down a lot.
Back to top Go down
RoflWaffle
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 194

PostSubject: Re: Stage editor was released too.   Stage editor was released too. EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 7:30 pm

bakked385 wrote:
Does anyone know how or if you can make the teams larger then 5? Also if someone is making a map that consists of only a giant underground network of tunnels, don`t raise the land and just make the cave on the ground, it will reduce the time you spend making it down a lot.

Teams larger than 5? What? Are you referring to the spawn locations in the Level Editor that look like boxes with arrows on them?
Back to top Go down
bakked385
Newcomer
Newcomer

Male Posts : 2

PostSubject: Re: Stage editor was released too.   Stage editor was released too. EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 11:59 pm

Yes, cause I can`t make the match larger then 5 vs 5.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stage editor was released too.   Stage editor was released too. Empty

Back to top Go down

Stage editor was released too.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next