Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tips for melee AIR?

Go down 
+8
ziix
UncleBobbie
KoumakanScarlet
WiFi
Zwiebel Force
RoflWaffle
Relict?
298812kl2
12 posters
AuthorMessage
298812kl2
298812kl2

Male Posts : 93

Tips for melee AIR? Empty
PostSubject: Tips for melee AIR?   Tips for melee AIR? EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 8:24 pm

I'm trying to get the hang of using melee on air. They seem to be the best for me, considering I'm a UC player and I don't have a lot of good parts, bots, and weapons yet. I've been told that they are just for fun, but I had been successful with the build from time to time. It usually works well against LND and AIR bots, and getting the kill on an almost-dead one. The only problem are the ARTs, which are a pain when I'm playing against the veteran players.

Any tips on what kind of bots, parts, and weps i should use (preferably accessible with UC or UC->RT, or any other free methods), and some strategic tips for PvP? I think Crimrose A.L.E might be good due to her stovl-like ability, but her strength is low, so idk. Thanks!

Off-Topic: Can you use Crimrose Promotion on an A.L.E?
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

PostSubject: Re: Tips for melee AIR?   Tips for melee AIR? EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 8:31 pm

You're not supposed to go fight ARTs as melee AIR unless you're certain you can get the kill.

Go fight other AIRs and make them drop from the sky.

Evil Halberd has seen a lot of use (buy one at bazaar).
Tune for 38 FLY
Use Accel Roll to close the gap or Air Loop to dodge shit.
Crescent Saint has high starting STR and is in the shop.

@Off-topic no.
Back to top Go down
298812kl2
298812kl2

PostSubject: Re: Tips for melee AIR?   Tips for melee AIR? EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 9:57 pm

Thanks for the tips!

I have four Halberds already, so that won't be a problem. I guess I'll go for Crescent Saint for now and try to make myself a build.

Wish me luck in the Union Wars!  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
RoflWaffle
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 194

PostSubject: Re: Tips for melee AIR?   Tips for melee AIR? EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 10:28 pm

Seraph Crimrose (the original, not FC or bikini) is also good for an Evil Halberd build. She has built-in anti-homing and 40+ FLY with her wings. However, you will need to tune STR and TGH because Seraph has poor base stats in those.
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: Tips for melee AIR?   Tips for melee AIR? EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 3:27 am

I thought if I were to use the original seraph / melee I was supposed to spam the tackle and combo her handhelds into it. Idk if the anti-homing is even active during melee attacks :O
Back to top Go down
WiFi
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
WiFi

Female Posts : 3107

PostSubject: Re: Tips for melee AIR?   Tips for melee AIR? EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 3:48 am

try Izuna Kamui Nagi~

I use her with a balance str/tec

off topic question: Crim edge is tec based or str based???
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

PostSubject: Re: Tips for melee AIR?   Tips for melee AIR? EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 4:05 am

Iirc, even the description mentions it's TEC based. The shockwaves (at least, if not all hits) are beam based to.
Back to top Go down
WiFi
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
WiFi

Female Posts : 3107

PostSubject: Re: Tips for melee AIR?   Tips for melee AIR? EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 4:15 am

Zwiebel Force wrote:
Iirc, even the description mentions it's TEC based. The shockwaves (at least, if not all hits) are beam based to.
FAST!!

I see, now to tune dat Izanagi 34 fly and 38 tec is good right??

you're the best Onion anyone could ever have

thanks for the quick reply 'as always'

Back to top Go down
KoumakanScarlet
Dirty Nurse♥
KoumakanScarlet

PostSubject: Re: Tips for melee AIR?   Tips for melee AIR? EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 4:29 am

Flapjack BD2 and Crescent Saint BD are also a perfect choice for AIR melees.
Back to top Go down
UncleBobbie
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
UncleBobbie

Male Posts : 1342

PostSubject: Re: Tips for melee AIR?   Tips for melee AIR? EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 6:03 am

A lot of garapon bots are probably the best AIR melees. Stuff like Lux, Seraph Crimrose Lambda, Litia, Alcy. However melee robots are viable too. Tuning melee AIRs is kind of annoying though.

Weapons I can think of:
Evil Halberd: Easily obtainable, Relaunches you ( When your melee touches the ground you'll be launched back in the air ), last hit will stomp AIRs back to the ground where your team finishes them off.

Ominous Scythe: Harder to obtain(Garapon), No relaunch, massive range, inflicts waste booster or something IIRC so very nice VS other AIRs

Katalina AM: Easy to obtain ( Shop 2s I think?), relaunch, Great to combo into another melee, inflicts shock allowing you to attack more enemies safely. This one is really really great to use together with another melee weapon!

Frau Adone legs: Easy to obtain (Shop), A lot of hits so works great with slow tunes, TEC-based

Jump Halberd seems to be pretty nice with Katalina AM but since I don't have it I can't say much about it.

Last edited by UncleBobbie on Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

PostSubject: Re: Tips for melee AIR?   Tips for melee AIR? EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 6:33 am

UncleBobbie wrote:
A lot of garapon bots are probably the best AIR melees. Stuff like Lux, Seraph Crimrose Lambda, Litia, Alcy. However melee robots are viable too. Tuning melee AIRs is kind of annoying though.

Weapons I can think of:
Evil Halberd: Easily obtainable, Relaunches you ( When your melee touches the ground you'll be launched back in the air ), last hit will stomp AIRs back to the ground where your team finishes them off.

Ominous Scythe: Harder to obtain(Garapon), No relaunch, massive range, inflicts waste booster or something IIRC so very nice VS other AIRs

Katalina AM: Easy to obtain ( Shop 2s I think?), No relaunch, Great to combo into another melee, inflicts shock allowing you to attack more enemies safely. This one is really really great to use together with another melee weapon!

Frau Adone legs: Easy to obtain (Shop), A lot of hits so works great with slow tunes, TEC-based

Jump Halberd seems to be pretty nice with Katalina AM but since I don't have it I can't say much about it.
It does.

Kata AM is ammo based by the way. Iirc it stops working entirely after you ran outta ammo.
Back to top Go down
KoumakanScarlet
Dirty Nurse♥
KoumakanScarlet

PostSubject: Re: Tips for melee AIR?   Tips for melee AIR? EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 8:34 am

You can still use the melee if the AM ran out of ammo, although you'll lose the shock debuff that it deals.
Back to top Go down
ziix
Burger Molcar
Burger Molcar

PostSubject: Re: Tips for melee AIR?   Tips for melee AIR? EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 9:06 am

UncleBobbie wrote:

Katalina AM: No relaunch,
It has relaunch. Well, it bounces your bot back in the air if it's used when facing the ground and touches the ground, at least.
Back to top Go down
UncleBobbie
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
UncleBobbie

Male Posts : 1342

PostSubject: Re: Tips for melee AIR?   Tips for melee AIR? EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 9:11 am

ziix wrote:
UncleBobbie wrote:

Katalina AM: No relaunch,
It has relaunch. Well, it bounces your bot back in the air if it's used when facing the ground and touches the ground, at least.

My mistake.
Back to top Go down
Moghul
I understand nothing
Moghul

Male Posts : 1832

PostSubject: Re: Tips for melee AIR?   Tips for melee AIR? EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 9:16 am

get vanilla seraph crimrose with evil halberd. tune to as much str as possible and get acceleroll/air loop

use wings for free 40 fly and halberd for damage

OR
crescent saint but you have to also tune fly

OR
ALE crim with 40 tec 38 fly and use the crim edge (it scales on tec not str)
Back to top Go down
Seraphcrim
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Seraphcrim

Male Posts : 1288

PostSubject: Re: Tips for melee AIR?   Tips for melee AIR? EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 9:33 am

Suzeku Basca BS's have good tracking imo. and can hit like a truck. AURA only though
Back to top Go down
298812kl2
298812kl2

PostSubject: Re: Tips for melee AIR?   Tips for melee AIR? EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 6:50 pm

Thanks for the tips guys, and sorry for responding slowly. So yeah, I guess I'll try to tune out My ALE crimrose and crescent saint. Only problem for the Scythe and other parts recommened is that I'm a strict F2P player, and I can only play on weekends. It'll take me a while for the tuning, but I can wait.  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
That_Wiesel_Guy
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
That_Wiesel_Guy

Male Posts : 4551

PostSubject: Re: Tips for melee AIR?   Tips for melee AIR? EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 8:12 pm

ALE Crim has sad capa and really pitiful end results. I wouldn't use her for melee. Heavy Flechas is a good core for a cheap but effective air melee. Crescent Saint is the god of air melee cores.
Back to top Go down
298812kl2
298812kl2

PostSubject: Re: Tips for melee AIR?   Tips for melee AIR? EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 7:18 pm

That_Wiesel_Guy wrote:
ALE Crim has sad capa and really pitiful end results. I wouldn't use her for melee. Heavy Flechas is a good core for a cheap but effective air melee. Crescent Saint is the god of air melee cores.

I'll try to make ALE Crim work. After all, it did got me far as an harrasser, and especially an AIR killer.  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Axanael
[SKELETOR]
Axanael

Male Posts : 1319

PostSubject: Re: Tips for melee AIR?   Tips for melee AIR? EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 7:31 pm

Be annoying and tune CV on a Lux Legion with 40TEC and triple GGraps.
Back to top Go down
298812kl2
298812kl2

PostSubject: Re: Tips for melee AIR?   Tips for melee AIR? EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 11:06 pm

Solo_Ace wrote:
Be annoying and tune CV on a Lux Legion with 40TEC and triple GGraps.

But I'm a strict UC player.  #em5 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tips for melee AIR?   Tips for melee AIR? Empty

Back to top Go down

Tips for melee AIR?
Page 1 of 1