Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

need some feedback with this build

Go down 
+4
Winty
Axanael
Relict?
kyosuke
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kyosuke
kyosuke

Male Posts : 46

need some feedback with this build Empty
PostSubject: need some feedback with this build   need some feedback with this build EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 3:56 am

this is an easy build I build to use when tuning my haruka, I choose this core since it have all 3 things I need, moving burst at low level, float dash, and size M, because I will use psy AM6 and stur BS2 on him, so any feedback on this build is welcomed, still don't know if I should reduce some wlk and tune some more tec for him
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

PostSubject: Re: need some feedback with this build   need some feedback with this build EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 4:21 am

http://www.cosmicbreakfanforum.com/t11518-wip-general-guide-to-alpha-striking

When it comes to alpha striking bots, the number one priority is 40 tec.

Your parts fall under this category:

Quote :
2. Small amounts of high-force weaponry: More common on non-airs due to lack of weaponized parts. 2x Victorl AM3 + Dagomure BS, Blast Bazooka + Dugdriver AM + core weapon, 2x Ilgryps AM2, etc.

I personally think the Sturbanger BS2 is too fat and is crippling your stats. You can do very well with just the arms. Plenty of people run around with just two high damage weapons (like the bolded Ilgryps AM2) for alpha-striking and do well.

Not sure about wlk-based float dash. I know there was a very minor trend of float dash + boost run kuten.
Back to top Go down
kyosuke
kyosuke

PostSubject: Re: need some feedback with this build   need some feedback with this build EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 5:05 am

than, I think I will decrease wlk to the next break point, 30 and give him some more tec, and keep the stur BS2 because of the debuff, I can earn some jamming score with it too, a little adjustment and I come up with this, I know it's not 40 tec, but I don't use slot protect on him since my RT offer source is dead, so I try to make it as friendly to slot as possible
Spoiler:

Last edited by kyosuke on Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Axanael
[SKELETOR]
Axanael

Male Posts : 1319

PostSubject: Re: need some feedback with this build   need some feedback with this build EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 5:08 am

Relict? wrote:
http://www.cosmicbreakfanforum.com/t11518-wip-general-guide-to-alpha-striking

When it comes to alpha striking bots, the number one priority is 40 tec.

Your parts fall under this category:

Quote :
2. Small amounts of high-force weaponry: More common on non-airs due to lack of weaponized parts. 2x Victorl AM3 + Dagomure BS, Blast Bazooka + Dugdriver AM + core weapon, 2x Ilgryps AM2, etc.

I personally think the Sturbanger BS2 is too fat and is crippling your stats. You can do very well with just the arms. Plenty of people run around with just two high damage weapons (like the bolded Ilgryps AM2) for alpha-striking and do well.

Not sure about wlk-based float dash. I know there was a very minor trend of float dash + boost run kuten.

You're kidding right

Unless you're a rider, or you're planning to crutch with Accel Roll or some sort of mobility BS such as Jet Accel or unless you're Ragna with the backboost cheese, mobility should be placed before damage output, especially on alphastrikers, because your lower TEC levels causing lower damage will be counterbalanced by the fact you are firing four million projectiles at people at the same time.

Even with the aforementioned Ilgryps arms, the idea behind those is to camp PS, keep altitude, and rely on Air Loop as mobility as then you are free to actually fit two of those ridiculously fat arms on a bot along with tune for 40 Tec.

For perspective, here is your damage output at 25 Tec (I'm assuming 4 Sturb Missiles and 4 psyguns per shot)

25 TEC gives you a potential of 184 DMG raw, without blast multipliers or guards or stun/tgh reduction.

40 TEC gives you a potential of 220 DMG raw, with the same boundaries as before.

Take the bonus damage versus the base mobility into consideration and decide what you want to do.

Regardless, I do have to ask what the hell are you thinking using Sturb BS to alphastrike with ROAR arms

ROAR arms should be played like Flapjack Arms, where you Q to fire LL RR and then BB

Take off Muffler Jet and use Jet Accel, tune for 40 TEC and do fly based hopper with MB and Accel Roll

Also take off Sturb BS2 and use it for something else.

I want to say Grand Dugdriver BD works well for this. Not sure what else but that's a start.

For maximum stupidity I'd do something like this.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: need some feedback with this build   need some feedback with this build EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 6:07 am

i don't understand
you argue against tech over mobility and then suggest a build with 40 tec and 31 fly.

the quote in question, when taken into context, is targetted at the people who make 25 tec 38 fly air alphas
which is dumb and a very old mentality from 2011.
the quote is saying "tech should be maxed, not mobility"
the build you suggested is doing exactly that - maxing tech, not mobility(40 tech and 31 fly, not 30 tech and 38 fly)
so yeah i don't understand why you'd need to bring that up.

also jet accel BS has reduced effect on ART and SUP, it would be better to use swift jet(for dodging) or sol volca(to GTFO) in this case.
Back to top Go down
kyosuke
kyosuke

PostSubject: Re: need some feedback with this build   need some feedback with this build EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 10:32 am

I guess I should comeback with the build I'm using at the moment since it nearly the same, using antilion core, sol volca wing and 2 roar AM6, the build only have 28 fly and 35 tec, I know it much worse than solo_ace's build, but I have extra 4 slot I can break in case of bad luck, the parts are what I have in my gara and the core is lv10 now
Back to top Go down
Axanael
[SKELETOR]
Axanael

PostSubject: Re: need some feedback with this build   need some feedback with this build EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 1:29 pm

Winty wrote:
i don't understand
you argue against tech over mobility and then suggest a build with 40 tec and 31 fly.

the quote in question, when taken into context, is targetted at the people who make 25 tec 38 fly air alphas
the build you suggested is doing exactly that - maxing tech, not mobility(40 tech and 31 fly, not 30 tech and 38 fly)

also jet accel BS has reduced effect on ART and SUP, it would be better to use swift jet(for dodging) or sol volca(to GTFO) in this case.

I'm making a 40/31 because you play ROAR arms like flapjack arms, not like regular alphas. Thus you have the room to minmax for 40/31

In general 31 fly is enough for arts, its kind of a rule of thumb, although 38 fly would be nice. I just feel that an extra 18.2% DPS for 40 vs. 30 TEC is worth 31 v. 38 FLY.
But yeah if you don't want to waste Jet Accel on an ART, slap on something else like what winty said. Same concept though put something on your back that helps you get the fuck out when some melee tries to smash your face in.
Back to top Go down
Strykerr
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Strykerr

Male Posts : 331

PostSubject: Re: need some feedback with this build   need some feedback with this build EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 3:03 pm

Solo_Ace wrote:
Winty wrote:
i don't understand

I'm making a 40/31 because you play ROAR arms like flapjack arms, not like regular alphas. Thus you have the room to minmax for 40/31

In general 31 fly is enough for arts, its kind of a rule of thumb, although 38 fly would be nice. I just feel that an extra 18.2% DPS for 40 vs. 30 TEC is worth 31 v. 38 FLY.
But yeah if you don't want to waste Jet Accel on an ART, slap on something else like what winty said. Same concept though put something on your back that helps you get the fuck out when some melee tries to smash your face in.

Ignoring all of your Roar stuff because you can easily get 40 tec 38 fly on a bot with only Roar am, you do want 40 tec rather than maxing mobility at 38 fly on any alpha...
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

PostSubject: Re: need some feedback with this build   need some feedback with this build EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 4:02 pm

kyosuke, 40 tec is the optimal tec, but it's okay if you're like 38 or something. It is not the best, obviously, but it will still hit hard and you do have passable mobility (28 fly). We're just going on like autists and you have limited resources so whatever! Whatever works for you.

I don't even know what Solo_Ace is trying to do, by the way. He took what I said, rambled a bit about low tec alphas, which I argued against, and then posted a build that falls under exactly what I argued for: 40 tec alphas with decent mobility.
Back to top Go down
Axanael
[SKELETOR]
Axanael

PostSubject: Re: need some feedback with this build   need some feedback with this build EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 4:19 pm

Relict? wrote:
kyosuke, 40 tec is the optimal tec, but it's okay if you're like 38 or something. It is not the best, obviously, but it will still hit hard and you do have passable mobility (28 fly). We're just going on like autists and you have limited resources so whatever! Whatever works for you.

I don't even know what Solo_Ace is trying to do, by the way. He took what I said, rambled a bit about low tec alphas, which I argued against, and then posted a build that falls under exactly what I argued for: 40 tec alphas with decent mobility.

For the love of god it's not a regular alpha its a flapstyle alpha

This isnt the kind of alpha where you only hold both mouse buttons.
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: need some feedback with this build   need some feedback with this build EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 4:31 pm

how do I alpha w/o my moue? TEACH ME SENSEI!

Ppersonally I'd use a So Voca Wing BS over the Muffer verday but that's just me I think. And what reli said.

Back to top Go down
Axanael
[SKELETOR]
Axanael

PostSubject: Re: need some feedback with this build   need some feedback with this build EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 4:31 pm

Zwiebel Force wrote:
how do I alpha w/o my moue? TEACH ME SENSEI!

Ppersonally I'd use a So Voca Wing BS over the Muffer verday but that's just me I think. And what reli said.

I think Muffler scales off WLK which would explain his initial choice.
Back to top Go down
Strykerr
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Strykerr

PostSubject: Re: need some feedback with this build   need some feedback with this build EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 5:00 pm

We all know how to play flap and roar am alphas. Its just you started off saying something stupid and then went on to do exactly what you said not to do in your build. Roar am is STILL an alpha bot and is still considered one. You say that mobility is better, but then you do the math to show that damage is better. Basically, you made 2 different points on the assumption that roar am builds aren't alpha builds, but they still are...
Back to top Go down
Axanael
[SKELETOR]
Axanael

PostSubject: Re: need some feedback with this build   need some feedback with this build EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 5:14 pm

Strykerr wrote:
We all know how to play flap and roar am alphas. Its just you started off saying something stupid and then went on to do exactly what you said not to do in your build. Roar am is STILL an alpha bot and is still considered one. You say that mobility is better, but then you do the math to show that damage is better. Basically, you made 2 different points on the assumption that roar am builds aren't alpha builds, but they still are...

basically you dont understand the fundamental difference between his original build and the build im suggesting.

which is the difference between the standard alpha and the one where you don't waste capacity on the sturb BS and you have cost for 40/31 and the arms.
Back to top Go down
Strykerr
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Strykerr

PostSubject: Re: need some feedback with this build   need some feedback with this build EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 5:18 pm

Solo_Ace wrote:
Strykerr wrote:

basically you dont understand the fundamental difference between his original build and the build im suggesting.

which is the difference between the standard alpha and the one where you don't waste capacity on the sturb BS and you have cost for 40/31 and the arms.

Except the point I'm making is that instead of making a 30/38 build you made a 40/31 build based off your assumption that roar am builds aren't alphas, but they are. You contradict yourself but you yourself don't see it because of an incorrect assumption.
Back to top Go down
Axanael
[SKELETOR]
Axanael

PostSubject: Re: need some feedback with this build   need some feedback with this build EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 5:20 pm

Strykerr wrote:
Solo_Ace wrote:
Strykerr wrote:

Except the point I'm making is that instead of making a 30/38 build you made a 40/31 build based off your assumption that roar am builds aren't alphas, but they are. You contradict yourself but you yourself don't see it because of an incorrect assumption.

Except the point is the general tuning for max mobility for ARTs is 31 FLY because that's kind of a simple go to build.

I'm sorry that you don't understand that point, but hey.
Back to top Go down
Strykerr
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Strykerr

PostSubject: Re: need some feedback with this build   need some feedback with this build EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 5:39 pm

Solo_Ace wrote:
Strykerr wrote:
Solo_Ace wrote:

Except the point is the general tuning for max mobility for ARTs is 31 FLY because that's kind of a simple go to build.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I am 100% sure that the final fly breakpoint is 38, not 31. I apologize if 31 fly is now the new max breakpoint.
Back to top Go down
Axanael
[SKELETOR]
Axanael

PostSubject: Re: need some feedback with this build   need some feedback with this build EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 5:40 pm

Strykerr wrote:
Solo_Ace wrote:
Strykerr wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I am 100% sure that the final fly breakpoint is 38, not 31. I apologize if 31 fly is now the new max breakpoint.

I'm not speaking in terms of breakpoint I'm speaking in terms of sheer practicality.
Back to top Go down
Strykerr
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Strykerr

PostSubject: Re: need some feedback with this build   need some feedback with this build EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 5:46 pm

Solo_Ace wrote:
mobility should be placed before damage output, especially on alphastrikers, because your lower TEC levels causing lower damage will be counterbalanced by the fact you are firing four million projectiles at people at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Axanael
[SKELETOR]
Axanael

PostSubject: Re: need some feedback with this build   need some feedback with this build EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 6:04 pm

Strykerr wrote:
Solo_Ace wrote:
mobility should be placed before damage output, especially on alphastrikers, because your lower TEC levels causing lower damage will be counterbalanced by the fact you are firing four million projectiles at people at the same time.

31 is considered max mobility for arts in terms
Solo_Ace wrote:
sheer practicality

You can tune 38 if you so desire but it's pretty much novelty.
Back to top Go down
Strykerr
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Strykerr

PostSubject: Re: need some feedback with this build   need some feedback with this build EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 6:07 pm

Solo_Ace wrote:
Strykerr wrote:
Solo_Ace wrote:

Solo_Ace wrote:
sheer practicality

TIL 31 is the new max breakpoint.
Back to top Go down
Axanael
[SKELETOR]
Axanael

PostSubject: Re: need some feedback with this build   need some feedback with this build EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 6:10 pm

Strykerr wrote:
Solo_Ace wrote:
Strykerr wrote:

Solo_Ace wrote:
sheer practicality

If your brain does not have the capacity to understand the concept of practicality and that is the way you can understand it then yes.
Back to top Go down
Strykerr
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Strykerr

PostSubject: Re: need some feedback with this build   need some feedback with this build EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 6:38 pm

Solo_Ace wrote:
Strykerr wrote:
Solo_Ace wrote:

If your brain does not have the capacity to understand the concept of practicality and that is the way you can understand it then yes.

The only issue I have with this is you basically said that mobility is number one priority, but then you don't max it... Get off your high horse. Don't call someone out on their advice if you plan on following it yourself.
Back to top Go down
Axanael
[SKELETOR]
Axanael

PostSubject: Re: need some feedback with this build   need some feedback with this build EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 6:39 pm

Strykerr wrote:
Solo_Ace wrote:
Strykerr wrote:

The only issue I have with this is you basically said that mobility is number one priority, but then you don't max it... Get off your high horse. Don't call someone out on their advice if you plan on following it yourself.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/practicality
Back to top Go down
Strykerr
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Strykerr

PostSubject: Re: need some feedback with this build   need some feedback with this build EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 6:46 pm

You made such a big deal about mobility, but then you say 31 is enough. I don't think you realize the flaws with that statement... If you mean that 31 is enough, say that and don't say mobility is the number one priority because if you are only going to 31, its clearly not the number one priority.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: need some feedback with this build   need some feedback with this build Empty

Back to top Go down

need some feedback with this build
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next