Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tactical Movement in Arena

Go down 
+15
Valkyrie
Axanael
Koiro
Winty
beccadmgirl
reVelske
Toilet-Flusher
Strykerr
Solryu
EXNova
Zwiebel Force
tourist
Shance
WiFi
Evalerinna
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Axanael
[SKELETOR]
Axanael

Male Posts : 1319

Tactical Movement in Arena - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tactical Movement in Arena   Tactical Movement in Arena - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 3:39 am

Honestly, the only point where supports don't just prolong the match and have people run out of ammo is to get out of spawntraps.

Other than that you just end up turtling, which I admittedly do a lot.

Though it's admittedly much harder on maps like grass bridges and stuff, where instead of sections and flank routes you just have a huge open map. With chokepoints being the halls where each rectangle of WGN is connected, its much more feasible to trap with several arts at the halls and several lands at the main room.

A shame plays like this happen once in a blue moon.

Solryu wrote:
Formations are viable if you have at least 1 hard counter in your team. Our team got countered so hard with a 2 Ivis BF and NeFiore as Regina Winberrl shock debuff/draw gun/heal combo formation recently. They practically swept the whole floor with that synergy and there was nothing we could do about it.

That was in the Angel Academy.

AA literally advocates the reverse of teamplay. You just do whatever the fuck you want, which is bring your hardest brawlers or use an air and stay strictly outside.

Indoors its a game of who has higher DPS, outdoors its classic air-air dogfights.

To put it into perspective I once swept a floor soloing a luto, eris, and BF Ivis one at at time before clearing it with Ponystep. And I won because small hallways, low ceilings, midair invul. frames and ridiculous DPS.

As fun as AA is occasionally, its usually just a clusterfucking shitfest.
Back to top Go down
Strykerr
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Strykerr

Male Posts : 331

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Movement in Arena   Tactical Movement in Arena - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 9:58 am

Solo_Ace wrote:
Honestly, the only point where supports don't just prolong the match and have people run out of ammo is to get out of spawntraps.

Other than that you just end up turtling, which I admittedly do a lot.

Though it's admittedly much harder on maps like grass bridges and stuff, where instead of sections and flank routes you just have a huge open map. With chokepoints being the halls where each rectangle of WGN is connected, its much more feasible to trap with several arts at the halls and several lands at the main room.

A shame plays like this happen once in a blue moon.

Solryu wrote:
Formations are viable if you have at least 1 hard counter in your team. Our team got countered so hard with a 2 Ivis BF and NeFiore as Regina Winberrl shock debuff/draw gun/heal combo formation recently. They practically swept the whole floor with that synergy and there was nothing we could do about it.

That was in the Angel Academy.

AA literally advocates the reverse of teamplay. You just do whatever the fuck you want, which is bring your hardest brawlers or use an air and stay strictly outside.

Indoors its a game of who has higher DPS, outdoors its classic air-air dogfights.

To put it into perspective I once swept a floor soloing a luto, eris, and BF Ivis one at at time before clearing it with Ponystep. And I won because small hallways, low ceilings, midair invul. frames and ridiculous DPS.

As fun as AA is occasionally, its usually just a clusterfucking shitfest.

Real airs fight inside the building.
Back to top Go down
Axanael
[SKELETOR]
Axanael

Male Posts : 1319

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Movement in Arena   Tactical Movement in Arena - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 1:22 pm

Stupid airs fight inside the building.
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie
Molcars Wearing Sunglasses

Male Posts : 2457

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Movement in Arena   Tactical Movement in Arena - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 2:58 pm

Solo_Ace wrote:
You know what actually worked once

Kuro and Omega were using Axers and bumrushing

There was me and 2 other Ragnas

and then there were misc. lands and airs

But this formation put the other team completely on shutdown, and we steamrolled them all the way to spawn, and actually put up a spawntrap on Wide Glacier Night.

This was the night I got buttmad and decided to actually push instead of playing like a passive lazy shit.

Surprisngly, because Omega and Kuro stayed alive for longer than rushing axers usually do due to airspace control by ragnas, they became the main source of damage dealing by controlling all the respawns by shutting down all the airs before they could gain altitude and in general outdamaging and killing everything else.
A lot of stuff can be said about Omega, but yeah he does what he's good at: derprushing. People like him make it so much easier for arts to position themselves right and blast away. Kuroikaross (I presume) has always been good at melee as far as I remember. But yeah, the moment your offense has put enough pressure that your lands are swarming the spawn, it's over for the enemy.

reVelske wrote:
Hence the idea of all out offense, if everyone contributes, if everyone is actively putting pressure on the entire opposing team, throwing them out of their comforting zone, forcing them to do what's necessary to survive rather than what they excel at, you will, in most cases have a winning formula... until some healer at the backmost PS pulling the weak-willed units back and cause your entire offense to collapse, or when people reluctant to rejoin the offense upon dying in it, precious scoreboard position/etc.
Rarely happens, sadly.

@koihai: I never got that feeling, you sure it's not just you?

Sorry, but battle formations will only work with players that are either willing to work or somewhat know eachother. CF is where the beef's at. And the BS of frequent shuffle ("anti-stack") wittles teamwork down even more. There was a time when clans worked together. It wasn't uncommon for people who could find some kind of understanding to band together. Rooms with such coöperation, be they onesided or not, were really fun. Then some people had to whine because boohoo we aren't winning and can't get our precious e-peen score.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Movement in Arena   Tactical Movement in Arena - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 7:54 pm

Solo_Ace wrote:

But this formation put the other team completely on shutdown, and we steamrolled them all the way to spawn, and actually put up a spawntrap on Wide Glacier Night.

This was the night I got buttmad and decided to actually push instead of playing like a passive lazy shit.

Surprisngly, because Omega and Kuro stayed alive for longer than rushing axers usually do due to airspace control by ragnas, they became the main source of damage dealing by controlling all the respawns by shutting down all the airs before they could gain altitude and in general outdamaging and killing everything else.

Wow, who would've guessed, a team full of gay shit crushes the enemy team by steamrolling them?

Not exactly what I'd call a formation, rather just a typical match.
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Movement in Arena   Tactical Movement in Arena - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 8:00 pm

Trill wrote:
Solo_Ace wrote:

Wow, who would've guessed, a team full of gay shit crushes the enemy team by steamrolling them?

Such a "formation" is relying on brute force, in other words.
Back to top Go down
bitU
Newcomer
Newcomer
bitU

Male Posts : 15

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Movement in Arena   Tactical Movement in Arena - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 7:54 am

So much hate again ...

As the community and the playerbase now ...

... it's actually a positive thing if the team consider itself a team, and care for others, realizing that their deaths will making that upper blue bar shorten, therefore lose the match.

... it's actually a good thing if injured players call for medic, and let the tree farming for the healers, and if those healers can drop the unnecessary item from farming. Also the healers ability to find those safe-but-close-to-the-front spots for the healing bit meeting-camping, or even for the healing fields.

... it's actually a great thing, if the anyone can follow any previously successful team attack pattern, w/o getting bloodlust from it and try to solo the entire enemy team.

... it's actually a wonder if the rest of the team can able to NOTICE and FOLLOW UP to their melee teammates bumrushing into the enemy. Brainless as it is, at least let the others put pressure on the enemy team w/o too much risk. (on the other side, those melees tends to die, cuz they never pull back even at the verge of death, even if they got full cover from their team)

... and it's a miracle if the win and the game  matters more to each player than that rank on the scoreboard.

Regarding these above, some people needs to revise their expectations of others.
This is just a game, and we are all individuals. Trying to cooperate and understand the teammates in the arena should be along with enjoying the game.

As for myself I'm pretty happy if some braindead player(s) with a broken-OP-god-tier bot can distract the enemy team by solo headrushing into them,  at least that much, that our team gets bored exploring the arena alone, and instead of tree farming, they can provide any cover fire.

PS: Gangbanging a single enemy is a waste of DPS, but that's how ppl deal with OP bots try to solo an enemy group.
Ohh, and that is considered the pack-of-wolves tactic, where a group destroy an enemy group one-by-one, applying the bigger-brute-force law.
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Movement in Arena   Tactical Movement in Arena - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 10:19 am

Relict? wrote:
Trill wrote:
Solo_Ace wrote:

Reliyan, that may be true but where are you going to find teammates willing to and capable of working as a team to get those fancy plays you seem to like?
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Movement in Arena   Tactical Movement in Arena - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 10:24 am

Valkyrie wrote:
Relict? wrote:
Trill wrote:

Reliyan, that may be true but where are you going to find teammates willing to and capable of working as a team to get those fancy plays you seem to like?

Brute force is a valid tactic, don't get me wrong.
We have to live with the fact that people have overly strong units at their disposal.
It just leaves a bitter taste in my mouth, that's all.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Movement in Arena   Tactical Movement in Arena - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 10:33 am

Valkyrie wrote:

clan stack
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Movement in Arena   Tactical Movement in Arena - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 12:29 pm

Winty wrote:
Valkyrie wrote:

clan stack
Clan stack has been ruined by people whining that they were losing onesided fights which led to shuffles before matches began.
Back to top Go down
Tuskin
Do not charge RT
Tuskin

Male Posts : 2811

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Movement in Arena   Tactical Movement in Arena - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 5:21 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Movement in Arena   Tactical Movement in Arena - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 5:35 pm

Valkyrie wrote:
Clan stack has been ruined by people whining that they were losing onesided fights which led to shuffles before matches began.

i dunno charlotte manages to regularly manage to get 4+ people on one side
you just need to room hop more
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Movement in Arena   Tactical Movement in Arena - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 10:40 pm

Winty wrote:
Valkyrie wrote:

i dunno charlotte manages to regularly manage to get 4+ people on one side
you just need to room hop more
Ah, but I am not Niggerkaru. Doushio? ;w;

(Disclaimer: I have nothing against Hikaru. Please don't blacklist me and call your friends to hold a razzia D: )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Movement in Arena   Tactical Movement in Arena - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Tactical Movement in Arena
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2