Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2 crowd divers. which one?

Go down 
+7
fggt
Neko-chan
KidGlitch
Stickboy
UncleBobbie
reVelske
Moghul
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Moghul
I understand nothing
Moghul

Male Posts : 1832

2 crowd divers. which one? Empty
PostSubject: 2 crowd divers. which one?   2 crowd divers. which one? EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 7:11 am

Squealer:

Daedalian:

Personally I'd rather do the first one because the second one is way more expensive and hard to tune. However, the second one saves me the pre-tuned Katana Max BS which is intended for my future Vanguard Fencer.

The point for the first one is internal to sword, internal to sword and so on

Second one is using the squealer arm for travel but it won't work so well in my opinion cuz it can't escape. Also, it's HUGE.

EDIT: if there are items in shop for UC/CHEAP RT that can help me with the builds, do share info.
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: 2 crowd divers. which one?   2 crowd divers. which one? EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 7:17 am

Your Dae doesn't even have CV, you'd be lucky to even make a full attack on anyone without being interrupted.

So, definitely Squealer.

And I'd recommend dual spike, negative tec or not.
Back to top Go down
UncleBobbie
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
UncleBobbie

Male Posts : 1342

PostSubject: Re: 2 crowd divers. which one?   2 crowd divers. which one? EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 7:49 am

Just 1 Crimson Veil will barely help.
High capacity wtf.
Back to top Go down
Moghul
I understand nothing
Moghul

PostSubject: Re: 2 crowd divers. which one?   2 crowd divers. which one? EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 8:03 am

UncleBobbie wrote:
Just 1 Crimson Veil will barely help. 1 slot lg, also no more capa
High capacity wtf.capacity is 30 cost 50 capa. 20 capa for 30 cost. wat

this is the second time ive asked about this but now i do feel like making one.
Back to top Go down
Stickboy
Master Poster
Master Poster
Stickboy

Male Posts : 2971

PostSubject: Re: 2 crowd divers. which one?   2 crowd divers. which one? EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 8:37 am

UncleBobbie wrote:
High capacity wtf.
bad build
Back to top Go down
Moghul
I understand nothing
Moghul

PostSubject: Re: 2 crowd divers. which one?   2 crowd divers. which one? EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 9:13 am

then i won't make it. what about the other one then?

what about different builds with available resources?
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

PostSubject: Re: 2 crowd divers. which one?   2 crowd divers. which one? EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 9:36 am

Some advices regarding the Squealer build:

1. Boost Run is not really a necessity, just travel by Cart Step.
2. High Power Beta
3. K-Shield
4. You're likely better off with a high HP leg like Big Mountaiz LG, slot isn't exactly that much of an issue with a build like this provided you choose the correct tunes.
5. Could do with better hats.
6. Need overall better part choice. Katana Max BS makes no sense, not that you'd have a slot for BS once you move onto the greener pastures of normal legs. And there are definitely better heads out there.
Back to top Go down
Moghul
I understand nothing
Moghul

PostSubject: Re: 2 crowd divers. which one?   2 crowd divers. which one? EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 10:28 am

reVelske wrote:
Some advices regarding the Squealer build:

1. Boost Run is not really a necessity, just travel by Cart Step. got it
2. High Power Betayessir
3. K-Shieldnope, only 1 s
4. You're likely better off with a high HP leg like Big Mountaiz LG, slot isn't exactly that much of an issue with a build like this provided you choose the correct tunes.I was sorta going for str but i'll cook up a build
5. Could do with better hats.such as
6. Need overall better part choice. Katana Max BS makes no sense 2 str and 2 fly to tune away., not that you'd have a slot for BS once you move onto the greener pastures of normal legs. And there are definitely better heads out there.with 3 slots? where?

With big muntaiz LG and 2 CV:
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

PostSubject: Re: 2 crowd divers. which one?   2 crowd divers. which one? EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 10:53 am

I'm not so sure about High Glad on sword, I'd honestly personally just triple Great Grappler. Since you will only ever be swinging in combo with Cart Step, High Glad isn't going to help you a great deal.

For head, go to cosmiccalc, set filter to at least 2 str and 2 tgh and see if there are anything on the list you have or can obtain. Bugsy HD2 is generally a very good bet. Stats focus should be STR and TGH for this build, WLK is a bonus but your default WLK should be good enough no matter what part you choose.

Save yourself some grief and get a 2s K-Shield from shop.

I dunno why you are holding back on Carts. Get to lvl.10 (or at least lvl.9) and grab Fast Recovery and extra Cap+. Test drive your build and see if you actually run out of Cart Step or not. If you do, grab an EIW.

ACC might be slightly more of a headache. I haven't played for awhile but hasn't there been any really good ACCs from the season shops lately on par with Purple Witch Hat? Obviously +1 STR/TGH and +5 Cap would be absolutely ideal (Mini Dress Ivis works for that I believe?), other than that, slotted +1 STR/TGH and +5/10HP ACCs definitely exist and obtainable.

Oh and Dual Spike. Only use it to ward off facehuggers, activate, deactivate, hop and Cart Step into the sunset.
Back to top Go down
Moghul
I understand nothing
Moghul

PostSubject: Re: 2 crowd divers. which one?   2 crowd divers. which one? EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 11:01 am

reVelske wrote:
I'm not so sure about High Glad on sword, I'd honestly personally just triple Great Grappler. Since you will only ever be swinging in combo with Cart Step, High Glad isn't going to help you a great deal. i see

For head, go to cosmiccalc, set filter to at least 2 str and 2 tgh and see if there are anything on the list you have or can obtain. Bugsy HD2 is generally a very good bet. Stats focus should be STR and TGH for this build, WLK is a bonus but your default WLK should be good enough no matter what part you choose. nothing there for me

Save yourself some grief and get a 2s K-Shield from shop.where am i gonna get the other slots from? i'd be losing 4 slots.

I dunno why you are holding back on Carts. Get to lvl.10 (or at least lvl.9) and grab Fast Recovery and extra Cap+. Test drive your build and see if you actually run out of Cart Step or not. If you do, grab an EIW.how the fuck did i miss a capa cart? got it.

ACC might be slightly more of a headache. I haven't played for awhile but hasn't there been any really good ACCs from the season shops lately on par with Purple Witch Hat? Obviously +1 STR/TGH and +5 Cap would be absolutely ideal (Mini Dress Ivis works for that I believe?), other than that, slotted +1 STR/TGH and +5/10HP ACCs definitely exist and obtainable.got it

Oh and Dual Spike. Only use it to ward off facehuggers, activate, deactivate, hop and Cart Step into the sunset.got it
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Moghul
I understand nothing
Moghul

PostSubject: Re: 2 crowd divers. which one?   2 crowd divers. which one? EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 2:22 am

so. uh... is... uhm... is this it?
Back to top Go down
KidGlitch
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
KidGlitch

Male Posts : 1703

PostSubject: Re: 2 crowd divers. which one?   2 crowd divers. which one? EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 2:39 am

Holy shit, reV is back.

That's pretty much all I've got.
Back to top Go down
Neko-chan
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Neko-chan

Female Posts : 189

PostSubject: Re: 2 crowd divers. which one?   2 crowd divers. which one? EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 3:18 am

@Rev-san - I have a few questions. #em0 

I'm still kind of new, so please share me your experience~ #em3

- Do you think adding a guard cartridge would help?
- Does the combo cart step + daedalian arm result in bonus damage?
- What do you think of this build?
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

PostSubject: Re: 2 crowd divers. which one?   2 crowd divers. which one? EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 3:44 am

Moghul wrote:
so. uh... is... uhm... is this it?
Eh, I don't know what else I can possibly tell you aside from what I have. This would be what I'd throw together if I had a gun point to my head to build something of it using non-gara parts: http://butr.me/gU . TBH I'd like more TGH on this and in this day and age I'd say it'd need full EX tunes but that's just theory crafting. Your best best is to get to 10 (or 9, again, test to make sure if you NEED that EIW or not), try put the two CVs on the legs and take him for a spin. Forget about STR tunes for now. Figure out yourself how things feel. You can easily figure out how the build would work out once you've added all the extra STR ie. extra damage.

Bippusuta plays IMHO the only noteworthy Dae AM2 Squealer on EN, you can consider consulting him on how he does his if you spot him. Otherwise, you can also look up some vids of him playing his big black monstrosity, I believe he used it several times during NFA 3rd Clan Tourney matches to moderate success, you can find some vids of those on Youtube.

(Just for the record, I hate melee builds)

Neko-chan wrote:
Guard cart would help on this build IMHO. Dropping either Tough Runner or even Fast Recovery may not be the worst of ideas, it's a matter of personal preference.
Back to top Go down
Moghul
I understand nothing
Moghul

PostSubject: Re: 2 crowd divers. which one?   2 crowd divers. which one? EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 3:46 am

Since this is my thread I will also offer my 2 cents.
Neko-chan wrote:

I'm still kind of new, so please share me your experience~ #em3

- Do you think adding a guard cartridge would help? guard carts always help but they are not critical
- Does the combo cart step + daedalian arm result in bonus damage? iirc 50% damage addition
- What do you think of this build? not 40 str or 40 tgh. all-in-all not that great imho.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

PostSubject: Re: 2 crowd divers. which one?   2 crowd divers. which one? EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 3:56 am

Oh and yes, Cart Step adds damage, I can't honestly remember how much but eh... I'd have guessed it doubles it, but yeah, can't remember, it's not hard to test this out yourself.

As for what I think of the build, I've linked what I'd have built, you can judge how you feel about the difference.
Back to top Go down
Neko-chan
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Neko-chan

Female Posts : 189

PostSubject: Re: 2 crowd divers. which one?   2 crowd divers. which one? EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 4:07 am

reVelske wrote:
Neko-chan wrote:
Guard cart would help on this build IMHO. Dropping either Tough Runner or even Fast Recovery may not be the worst of ideas, it's a matter of personal preference.

Oh and yes, Cart Step adds damage, I can't honestly remember how much but eh... I'd have guessed it doubles it, but yeah, can't remember, it's not hard to test this out yourself.

As for what I think of the build, I've linked what I'd have built, you can judge how you feel about the difference.
I see.

The builds are pretty similar except that you managed to put more STR into yours. I'll keep the way you did it, in mind.

Thank you Rev-san! #em3 
Back to top Go down
fggt
Flat chests are JUSTICE!
fggt

Male Posts : 5770

PostSubject: Re: 2 crowd divers. which one?   2 crowd divers. which one? EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 4:49 am

Not only cart step, any combo between weapons with add 50% bonus damage to the one being used after the first one (boost swing or smth iirc).
Spoiler:

Btw, been wondering for awhile, does big bd lgj/champ lgj affect AM weapon?
Back to top Go down
Moghul
I understand nothing
Moghul

PostSubject: Re: 2 crowd divers. which one?   2 crowd divers. which one? EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 4:58 am

Guys what if I do this? I can get 2s thoarla legs.

Squealer:

20 capa left for another cart. What should it be?

I was looking at the videos you were talking about and I saw the player was using sway for machintits arm but for daedalian am2, short boost so i'll stick with SB.

I think I will stick to that build unless 3x GGA > 40 str
Back to top Go down
Pork Chop
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Pork Chop

Male Posts : 359

PostSubject: Re: 2 crowd divers. which one?   2 crowd divers. which one? EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 5:00 am

Moghul wrote:
Guys what if I do this? I can get 2s thoarla legs.

Squealer:

20 capa left for another cart. What should it be?

I was looking at the videos you were talking about and I saw the player was using sway for machintits arm but for daedalian am2, short boost so i'll stick with SB.

I think I will stick to that build unless 3x great GGA > 40 str

I like this build already. I don't need tough runner with CV around. Guard Carts such as Blast Guard and Sword Guard also stacks with All Guard when Crimson Veil activates. #em1
Back to top Go down
Moghul
I understand nothing
Moghul

PostSubject: Re: 2 crowd divers. which one?   2 crowd divers. which one? EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 5:07 am

Pork Chop wrote:
I like this build already. I don't need tough runner with CV around. Guard Carts such as Blast Guard and Sword Guard also stacks with All Guard when Crimson Veil activates. #em1
So either get tough runner or crimson veil? (CV obv).
And no guard carts if CV aswell? can someone verify this? do i have it right?
Back to top Go down
Pork Chop
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Pork Chop

Male Posts : 359

PostSubject: Re: 2 crowd divers. which one?   2 crowd divers. which one? EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 5:14 am

Anyways I made some computation.

Untuned Daedalian AM2 at 40 STR = 3x G.Grappler Daedalian AM2 at 25 STR

Haven't figured out which one is lighter between though.

Guard Carts and Crimson Veil's All Guard buff stacks. I just forgot the link on this forum where we discussed it about 3 months ago if I remember it correct.
Back to top Go down
Moghul
I understand nothing
Moghul

PostSubject: Re: 2 crowd divers. which one?   2 crowd divers. which one? EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 5:19 am

40 str 1x great grappler is ok for me to make.3x Great Grappler is way more expensive cost-wise. So i think i'm going with mine and a sword guard. 40 str and a great grappler alpha
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

PostSubject: Re: 2 crowd divers. which one?   2 crowd divers. which one? EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 5:21 am

Pork Chop wrote:
I don't need tough runner with CV around.
If your CV guarantees to trigger everytime someone breathe on you, sure, but it doesn't, so Tough Runner isn't redundant.

That said, the effect of Tough Runner isn't exactly heavenly, so do take a Guard in its place, by all means.
Back to top Go down
Moghul
I understand nothing
Moghul

PostSubject: Re: 2 crowd divers. which one?   2 crowd divers. which one? EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 5:22 am

reVelske wrote:
Pork Chop wrote:
I don't need tough runner with CV around.
If your CV guarantees to trigger everytime someone breathe on you, sure, but it doesn't, so Tough Runner isn't redundant.

That said, the effect of Tough Runner isn't exactly heavenly, so do take a Guard in its place, by all means.

Would this work, reV?

Final maybe?:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2 crowd divers. which one?   2 crowd divers. which one? Empty

Back to top Go down

2 crowd divers. which one?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next