Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Neko-chan's questions.

Go down 
+12
Moghul
Nfi
Winty
Shai
WiFi
rei_hunter
Tryrant
Saitama
KidGlitch
Astral_Dono
LazFlamme
Neko-chan
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Neko-chan
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Neko-chan

Female Posts : 189

Neko-chan's questions. Empty
PostSubject: Neko-chan's questions.   Neko-chan's questions. EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 12:47 am

I wonder how do you play air? I keep getting hit by those pesky explosives! So challenging~ #em3 

I use a Wide Beam Gun and a Mini Bazooka on my Aquila Girl, and use the homing beams for farming. Homing Beams make everything too easy and boring. :3

I saw some Ah-chans with Brickgale BS, is this good?

I put the Sturbanger AMs on my Amateus and put on 2 Handy Bazookas. So much fire power! Are there any better AMs? I plan to use my Amateus as a Alphastriker.

Are there any good parts you can buy from the shop?

Are there any good tactics and strategies in play air and art?
Back to top Go down
LazFlamme
(?) About Bastagant
LazFlamme

Female Posts : 3099

PostSubject: Re: Neko-chan's questions.   Neko-chan's questions. EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 1:21 am

Neko-chan wrote:
I wonder how do you play air? I keep getting hit by those pesky explosives! So challenging~ #em3 
Use the "zigzag" motion (fly diagonally) to screw up enemy aiming. If all else fails, change altitude with Brickgale BS.
I use a Wide Beam Gun and a Mini Bazooka on my Aquila Girl, and use the homing beams for farming. Homing Beams make everything too easy and boring. :3
I'm not sure if this is a question, but my suggestion is you use blasters instead. Wider Area of Effect.
The BS could be used for STOVL (instant altitude change), but mainly for cosmetic use (flashy).
I put the Sturbanger AMs on my Amateus and put on 2 Handy Bazookas. So much fire power! Are there any better AMs? I plan to use my Amateus as a Alphastriker.
Misside AM (and Amateus is a good choice as an Alpha-striker besides Albatreos).
Rt robots are better than parts. 2-slotted, hits hard, etc. Of course, you need to save up.
AIR: Stay high, keep moving.
ART: Just look out for LNDs and avoid getting close to enemies.
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

PostSubject: Re: Neko-chan's questions.   Neko-chan's questions. EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 1:48 am

1) The best you can do is predict when they will shoot and start flying in a diagonal direction, and changing which diagonal direction you go each time they pause their fire. Then you'll soon be right over the enemy and they can barely hit you while you shoot down as you circle them.

2) Awesome. How is this a question? XD

3) Brickgale BS is good on any S or M-sized AIR unit. It'd be nice to have on Aquila Girl too, although it's not an extreme necessity if you opt to use Short Boost.

4) ANY AMs you use will be much, much better than Sturbanger AMs. Sturbanger AMs are some of, if not, THE worst of any ART AM you can use for alpha strikers.

5) There are many, which you  buy depends on what bots you want to build and what your playstyle is.

6) Yes there are. If you meet me in-game sometime I'll show you.
Back to top Go down
KidGlitch
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
KidGlitch

Male Posts : 1703

PostSubject: Re: Neko-chan's questions.   Neko-chan's questions. EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 2:14 am

Neko-chan wrote:

There are some maps where LND's literally can't get to a place where ART's can because of their FLY limitations. For instance, in Bumpy Hills, there is a raised cliff directly to the right of the spawn point that LND's need ~20 fly to get onto, which is rare. Also, in King's Colosseum, any ART with an arcing weapon (Snailbot BD, Howitzer AMJ, etc) can sit on top of the cliffs to the left and right of the PS and hit any bot with impunity over the walls because they're literally at max height for the map, and nothing can get over them.

As for map-specific AIR strategies, you can almost always do well with AIRs in Sunset Cliffs, and in Green Field you can use infinite X-axis-range weapons to rain fire down on people after using the wind tunnels on either side of the cliff to gain altitude. With a propeller bit and some form of reboost, you can easily stay up there for 3-5 minutes at a time, especially with a Thoarla. If you're relying on an AIR with a prop bit, it's usually a good idea to put a Wonder Drug into your Arena inventory.

Beyond that, I'd have to know specifically what ART/AIR bots you have before I can tell you the different ways their specific mechanics can be abused.
Back to top Go down
Saitama
Hostile Forumer
Saitama

PostSubject: Re: Neko-chan's questions.   Neko-chan's questions. EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 2:30 am

Neko-chan wrote:

That's actually the way to go against intelligent lands, arts and supports, you will miss all your shots against them. Having a parasol would help you a lot, but I doubt you have one. Against airs, I have no problems hitting with the homing beam against airs, which makes them my primary targets, also fat arts.
Back to top Go down
Neko-chan
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Neko-chan

PostSubject: Re: Neko-chan's questions.   Neko-chan's questions. EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 2:46 am

@Lazflamme-san, Astral-san, KidGlitch-san - Thank you! #em3 

@Saitama-san - I do get a decent number of hits with those non-homing weapons. Mini Bazooka to kill air, and Wide Beam Gun for everything else. Her homing beams take the challenge away from everything which is not fun. tongue

That's why I chose to put another weapon on instead. What's the parasol you're talking about?

Back to top Go down
Saitama
Hostile Forumer
Saitama

PostSubject: Re: Neko-chan's questions.   Neko-chan's questions. EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 2:51 am

Neko-chan wrote:
@Lazflamme-san, Astral-san, KidGlitch-san - Thank you! #em3 

@Saitama-san - I do get a decent number of hits with those non-homing weapons. Mini Bazooka to kill air, and Wide Beam Gun for everything else. Her homing beams take the challenge away from everything which is not fun. tongue

That's why I chose to put another weapon on instead. What's the parasol you're talking about?

The parasol is probably the best UC weapon, I will show you tomorrow. You can't get it anymore tho, I'm not sure if you can get it via Bazaar. The weapon is much better than the WBG you are using. Also, I would recommend Limited Plasma Gun instead of WBG. And about the homing beam, its extremely easy to dodge by literally doing nothing, ask Astral or someone else to show you. Oh right, the Mini Bazooka is indeed good to kill airs that have anti homing (Monica Gold Wing, Seraph FC). In beta I used to use a rapid tune with the bazooka, dunno if its any good now.
Back to top Go down
KidGlitch
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
KidGlitch

PostSubject: Re: Neko-chan's questions.   Neko-chan's questions. EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 2:57 am

If you can't get a Parasol, go hunt down an SDC. Speed tune it for a meta-compatible L-AIR. Other notable drop weapons include Kamui Staff (not nearly as good as it used to be), Custom Shotgun (still great for breakers/other high-DPS bots), Scouter Rifle (same deal as Kamui staff, still somewhat viable), and the various 3S parts that drop from Arena and sometimes Arcantus.
Back to top Go down
Saitama
Hostile Forumer
Saitama

PostSubject: Re: Neko-chan's questions.   Neko-chan's questions. EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 3:02 am

KidGlitch wrote:
If you can't get a Parasol, go hunt down an SDC. Speed tune it for a meta-compatible L-AIR. Other notable drop weapons include Kamui Staff (not nearly as good as it used to be), Custom Shotgun (still great for breakers/other high-DPS bots), Scouter Rifle (same deal as Kamui staff, still somewhat viable), and the various 3S parts that drop from Arena and sometimes Arcantus.
He can't SDC with AG. Don't use Kamui Staff, use the Aila Sword instead, imo its better, scouter rifle should be kinda fine too, use the accel saber for that one (Is that still the best hopper? It was when he was released). Honestly, if I was you, I would definitely take the risk and roll Limited Gara for the chance of getting a decent bot (You can also get trash like MBGA and blues tho, its all luck)
Back to top Go down
Tryrant
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Tryrant

Male Posts : 177

PostSubject: Re: Neko-chan's questions.   Neko-chan's questions. EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 3:25 am

Try to get a mobility cart like accele roll/air loop can help avoid those.

For brickgale bs refer to astral's post.

If you do not have access to rouche/ragna ams then dugdriver would be a pretty good investment. The arms are good for alphing and relatively low cost.

There are a ton of good bots in the shop and there are just so many to list that it depends what you are looking for. Even some that are not spectacular can be amazing with just some good tuning. Heck I use a shop rt sharhead with a compact gattling, which can be switched with a rocket launcher or anything else, with 40 wlk 18 fly boost run.

Tactics kinda depend on how you want to play. General rule of thumb though for any bot is that mobility is a must. Accele roll/ air loop are amazing carts to use on your main bots to get out of a bad situation. If you are an air, always look out for something that can stun/make you fall like an alpha art or kagura, same can apply to any bot but I feel more so for airs then anything.
Back to top Go down
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

Female Posts : 4660

PostSubject: Re: Neko-chan's questions.   Neko-chan's questions. EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 5:12 am

1) You either pay attention or zigzag away. Otherwise, die xD

2) Aquilla Girl's Homing Blaster is a great weapon against lands. use Wide Beam to Farm, Mini Baz to chase airs. But hey, if you want to challenge yourself.... go ahead.

3) Its fine for gaining height without using her internal (Internal for like.... Chasing Eves, Seraphs and a variety of other things since she has 7 Boosts) It might be costly with Mini Baz, but i think its nice.

4) Yes, there's plenty of better arms for an Amateus Alphastrike/MB
To name a few, Kealmas AM2s (ANti Air Missiles), Rouche AMs (RT) (of any number if you can get them), Accel Saber AM etc. Misside AM runs out of ammo fast though. Illumis' Burst Launcher AMJ also works great with Amateus.

5) Yes, there's plenty, but depends on your want. Honestly? if you're into making your Amateus a god, buy Albatreos for the HD. The core of Albatreos will make sure to salvo the hell out of your targets. Blast Bazooka is also a recommended buy. Doesnt require weapon tunes, and can still be awesome.

6)
Airs you can play like~
Hunter : You pick targets based on your skills and your bot's weapons. Usually done with 1 or 2 Weapons of choice (SDC single, ABR/Mini Baz....) and you use Broad Radar + if available, Stealth System
Moving Burst : Usually an air overloaded with multiple weapons. Just shoot at anything that moves.
PS Breaker : A rare-type air, doable with a Seraph Crimrose. Just land on enemy powerspot, and kill it.
Land Airs : Hopper types, they get ridiculous air time. They use high tracking weapons (Homing Blaster) or high powered weapons (Stardust Cannon or MLG). They're great in Cb-JP, but nobody does it in EN (cept for me hehehe)
Air Support : Using Diercram or Wild Vehic for Airs, you just fly around. Really. just have a passenger that's an MB Air. or Land.

Arts
Sniper : Rinka or Saggitary Maxis. Use Broad Radar. Shoot at anything within range.
Moving Burst : not your typical art... but oh wells.
Front Lines : Float Dash saves your ass. Use MB Type Weaponry or Single Weaponry (Blast Railgun for one. EVE Cannon too.)
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/reihunter
Neko-chan
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Neko-chan

PostSubject: Re: Neko-chan's questions.   Neko-chan's questions. EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 5:26 am

rei_hunter wrote:
Land Airs : Hopper types, they get ridiculous air time. They use high tracking weapons (Homing Blaster) or high powered weapons (Stardust Cannon or MLG). They're great in Cb-JP, but nobody does it in EN (cept for me hehehe)
Eh? But isn't the point of being an air flying high in the sky so hardly anyone will reach you? #em7 

Oh and btw, what's a MLG?
Back to top Go down
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

Female Posts : 4660

PostSubject: Re: Neko-chan's questions.   Neko-chan's questions. EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 5:35 am

Well... Short Boost and Quick Land w/ Shaden BS is lulz tier hopping. Along with Seraph Crimrose that does it.

MLG is Mega Lightning Gun. 1 GForce, 1 GRange.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/reihunter
Neko-chan
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Neko-chan

PostSubject: Re: Neko-chan's questions.   Neko-chan's questions. EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 6:25 am

I don't have a multiple slot Mega Lightning gun. I'm still new. = A=;
Back to top Go down
KidGlitch
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
KidGlitch

PostSubject: Re: Neko-chan's questions.   Neko-chan's questions. EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 6:31 am

You're new and in Mazel_Tov.

>Doesn't think about it

Yup, makes perfect sense lol
Back to top Go down
Neko-chan
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Neko-chan

PostSubject: Re: Neko-chan's questions.   Neko-chan's questions. EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 6:38 am

KidGlitch wrote:

>Doesn't think about it

What makes perfect sense? #em6 
Back to top Go down
WiFi
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
WiFi

Female Posts : 3107

PostSubject: Re: Neko-chan's questions.   Neko-chan's questions. EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 7:21 am

Neko-chan wrote:
KidGlitch wrote:

>Doesn't think about it

probably because of your clan not sure about it

sarcasm ...u.u
Back to top Go down
Neko-chan
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Neko-chan

PostSubject: Re: Neko-chan's questions.   Neko-chan's questions. EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 8:00 am

Wisdom.IF wrote:
Neko-chan wrote:
KidGlitch wrote:

>Doesn't think about it

sarcasm ...u.u
I'm confused...
Back to top Go down
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
Shai

Female Posts : 4410

PostSubject: Re: Neko-chan's questions.   Neko-chan's questions. EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 9:39 am

It's not possible for new players to get the parasol.

The parasol was in Summer shop. All stuff from Autumn and Summer shop can't be traded.

Not sure, but I believe boxes got removed this update so you can no longer get Aila's sword either.
Back to top Go down
WiFi
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
WiFi

Female Posts : 3107

PostSubject: Re: Neko-chan's questions.   Neko-chan's questions. EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 10:06 pm

Neko-chan wrote:
Wisdom.IF wrote:
Neko-chan wrote:

sarcasm ...u.u
I'm confused...
just ignore that :3
Back to top Go down
KidGlitch
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
KidGlitch

PostSubject: Re: Neko-chan's questions.   Neko-chan's questions. EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 12:55 am

From what I was told, Mazel_Tov is a borderline elitist clan. The idea that they would take a new player so readily is indicative that something is off with this situation. Hence the unintelligible borderline-sarcastic response.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Neko-chan's questions.   Neko-chan's questions. EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 1:10 am

i think they just accept anyone, actually.
Back to top Go down
KidGlitch
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
KidGlitch

PostSubject: Re: Neko-chan's questions.   Neko-chan's questions. EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 1:58 am

Well, time to find a new rumor mill.
Back to top Go down
Neko-chan
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Neko-chan

PostSubject: Re: Neko-chan's questions.   Neko-chan's questions. EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 2:53 am

The nice people at Mazel Tov are pretty cool, they're not elitists. Rumours are not an entirely trustworthy source of information you know... Razz

Btw, what is this yellow aura that pops up when you get stunned?
Back to top Go down
Nfi
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Nfi

Male Posts : 406

PostSubject: Re: Neko-chan's questions.   Neko-chan's questions. EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 4:05 am

yellow aura?

that would be the gold veil buff/debuff(?) if i'm not wrong.

It basically prevent you from being stun by the same attack that stuns you,
but you can still be stun by other attacks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Neko-chan's questions.   Neko-chan's questions. Empty

Back to top Go down

Neko-chan's questions.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next