Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need Help With Ragna Barrett

Go down 
+2
Koiro
Charz
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Charz
Artic Char
Artic Char

Male Posts : 447

Need Help With Ragna Barrett Empty
PostSubject: Need Help With Ragna Barrett   Need Help With Ragna Barrett EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 11:16 pm

i got Ragna from Mega gara recently and he is really an interesting machine so i came up with that build
Spoiler:

the reasoning behind that build is because of 3 things
1 i am poor little to no slotectors
2 jew prices on mats in Bazaar
3 welp his capa is really retardedly low for an LL size bot i won`t be able to do high level tunes without capa tunes which require tons of mats and not to mention slotectors required but as usual any non expensive solutions is welcomed

now i have some questions and suggestions  regarding his game play weaponry carts etc i didn`t have him before so please be nice to me

1 regarding his built in weaponry is the Ragna shot blast or shell based ? i have noticed that each time i fire it there is an empty round cartridge drop it seems to me like shell i don`t know i have noticed also that it inflicts slow witch is a nice bonus

2 regarding beam canceller i want to know how exactly this technology works? is it for the propose of blocking incoming attacks only or there is more to it like adding to the total damage of the alpha sticks also does Ragna shot block any thing too ?

3 regarding his carts what does EIW do?

Combat Tactics

i was told that Ragna is a hit and run alpha striker and can be used for defend your base proposes i have noticed that the damage output is close or similar to that of diana plus he can block  her attacks too along with Harukane Flap jack Monica wing or any other air alpha hag

after some brain storming regarding mobility  i have implemented back boost lgj on this build normally you travel a good distance by using the core sub to get out of bad situations but if you add this joint it will combo with the core allowing for 3 bursts of back boost with this you can control your position and you can travel x3 the normal distance in case you were chased by a pesky melee and since that 31 or 32 fly is the min mobility requirement in this meta it should be fine    

since the capa is low i couldn`t implement board radar witch means i will be blind in my tactical retreats witch means if i am not careful with my surroundings i may get a surprise Anal sex from any melee moe or mech in the back lines

the combat role will be always alpha and run or do a shoot outs with airs or arts that is why i raised the tgh to 20 since that i intend to play with stock parts my hit box will be big and every thing stun in this meta so my defenses will be 20 tgh is the break point on L size bots  guard carts and stun regain this will reduce damageand increase resistance plus dodging all will help delay being fraged

that is pretty much what i came up with if there is more or any corrections  inform me
Back to top Go down
Koiro
God Poster
God Poster
Koiro

Male Posts : 5490

PostSubject: Re: Need Help With Ragna Barrett   Need Help With Ragna Barrett EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 11:31 pm

The way Beam Canceller WAS SUPPOSED to work is that it was supposed to block Beam-only bullets.

However, THE WAY IT ACTUALLY WORKS is that the bullet itself comes into contact with the enemy bullet rather than the shield generated from the bullet's explosion blocking beam bullets.

So basically Beam Canceller blocks most enemy bullets that come into contact with it, regardless of type.

Yes Beam Canceller can be used to get dmg. Like most people that play him, they just sit under PS and alpha with him.

AFAIK Ragna shot doesn't block bullets.
Back to top Go down
+RedCobra+
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
+RedCobra+

Male Posts : 1440

PostSubject: Re: Need Help With Ragna Barrett   Need Help With Ragna Barrett EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 12:28 am

not bad but you can tune any tech base accecory to Hi tech alpha or ex hi tech alpha for more hp if you have enough material.

its good enough better than untune @w@)/. ahueeee

about slot pro :
spam eris mate or aile mate :
Spoiler:

or star coin shop slot pro omega.
Back to top Go down
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

Female Posts : 4660

PostSubject: Re: Need Help With Ragna Barrett   Need Help With Ragna Barrett EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 1:16 am

i highly advise that you take Broad Radar.

(Drop either Shell/Blast Guard for it)

this way, you can see incoming Lux Legions (They are your bane i tell you.)
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/reihunter
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Need Help With Ragna Barrett   Need Help With Ragna Barrett EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 2:13 am

Spoiler:

this is the "standard" build more or less. There may be some differences in carts but this is what I took.

The arms will act as a defensive shield against everything ever, as explained already.
The AMJs provide a lot of damage.
the core provides additional damage and will apply charge delay to things.
the magnums are just there for slots really, you can also use them to farm. Probably the best handheld to have.

I take 1x EIW since the core runs out of ammo first, so getting more ammo and more damage is useful to me, and I already maxed stats - ragna shouldn't be getting hit so guard carts aren't that helpful, though replacing it with accel roll would work for more offensive play if you want that(though this build has a lot of range so you don't really need to chase that much and you have 38 fly anyway.)

you can do either float dash or shoot boost, it really doesn't matter that much. Short boost would be better if you were going to use accel roll, but it also costs more.
Back to top Go down
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

PostSubject: Re: Need Help With Ragna Barrett   Need Help With Ragna Barrett EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 2:37 am

there's a few JP builds that give him Blast Bazooka or L Bazooka. (They opt for full firepower shutdown because L Bazooka just screams "HI I'M A BIG BULLET!") It also fends off Lux Legions or Eves. (Of course not dual wield.)

There's also a few of those guys who use GCapa and fit him with various weapons you'd normally fit on a Albatreos (Dagomure BS, Burst Missile AMJ, Handy Bazookas, etc.)

I prefer float dash for most arts, since Ragna can Retreat awesomely Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Charz
Artic Char
Artic Char

PostSubject: Re: Need Help With Ragna Barrett   Need Help With Ragna Barrett EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 7:28 am

i know that the core sub ammo is low and i thought of the back boost lgj for this reason i tested it and found that it combo with the core and allow him to travel x3 the distance and give you better control on your retreats

there are a 10 cost difference between this lgj part and the EIW but since the lgj already gives ammo and more speed plus bonus stats that extra cost is justified i agree with every thing else in your build Winty

@rei_hunter

i guess you are right i think i will drop that beam guard since it is not that usfull as a utility cart nowadays and replace it with board radar since survival is much more important

since that japanease players do that cool things by putting that fat weaponry on him i think i may try to do a capa tunes and hopes it works
Back to top Go down
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

PostSubject: Re: Need Help With Ragna Barrett   Need Help With Ragna Barrett EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 11:15 am

Charz wrote:
i know that the core sub ammo is low and i thought of the back boost lgj for this reason i tested it and found that it combo with the core and allow him to travel x3 the distance and give you better control on your retreats

there are a 10 cost difference between this lgj part and the EIW but since the lgj already gives ammo and more speed plus bonus stats that extra cost is justified  i agree with every thing else in your build Winty

@rei_hunter

i guess you are right i think i will drop that  beam guard since it is not that usfull as a utility cart nowadays and replace it with board radar since survival is much more important

since that japanease players do that cool things by putting that fat weaponry on him i think i may try to do a capa tunes and hopes it works  
make him fatter with Thoarla LGs and 2-3x G.Capacity Tunes.

The end result is a seriously firepower oriented Ragna Barrett that can stun a lot of things out of the air with large bullets and missile spray.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Need Help With Ragna Barrett   Need Help With Ragna Barrett EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 1:38 pm

Charz wrote:

there are a 10 cost difference between this lgj part and the EIW but since the lgj already gives ammo and more speed plus bonus stats that extra cost is justified  i agree with every thing else in your build Winty
i was talking about running out of cannon ammo, not backstep ammo.
Back to top Go down
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

PostSubject: Re: Need Help With Ragna Barrett   Need Help With Ragna Barrett EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 1:44 pm

Winty wrote:
Charz wrote:

i was talking about running out of cannon ammo, not backstep ammo.
Yeah, you usually dont get to use his backstep all that much (or rather, i doubt you'd deplete it in a single match.)

Your main weapons will run out faster Surprised (Heck, if you're standing on a powerspot.)

Just aim shoot a wave, reposition, shoot a wave. Dont pour your firepower into a single target, the TGH reduction just blehs with you. Though, the 2-3 hits from that single wave is enough to deal 200+ damage o.o
Back to top Go down
Charz
Artic Char
Artic Char

PostSubject: Re: Need Help With Ragna Barrett   Need Help With Ragna Barrett EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 2:00 pm

i see now thanks for the info i will do the tuning once i get the mats i need
Back to top Go down
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

PostSubject: Re: Need Help With Ragna Barrett   Need Help With Ragna Barrett EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 2:57 pm

Great Capacity tunes,

they're age old rituals for JP players. I still dont get it either, but after witnessing KBTKaiser pull a 3s Thoarla LG with 3x GCapacity tunes.... its probably to mirror their C21 days. (Ah right, he used OMEGA Harmonics for it. '-')

Anyways, it makes your bot fat, but sometimes its worth it xD
Back to top Go down
Charz
Artic Char
Artic Char

PostSubject: Re: Need Help With Ragna Barrett   Need Help With Ragna Barrett EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 3:28 pm

i may be wrong but ragna him self have some thing to do with with C21 the way he works is similar to bots who out put 3000 damage or more that is why the capa is limited the designer wanted to hinder you from equipping fat weaponry so the damage don`t break the game

that is why our jap friends use G capa tune on thoarla legs and equip it to him that give them access to the fat weapons on him and then BAM destroy Airs or any thing that approaches

belive me if Ragna were to exist in C21 he will be the most broken bot in the game
Back to top Go down
Tryrant
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Tryrant

Male Posts : 177

PostSubject: Re: Need Help With Ragna Barrett   Need Help With Ragna Barrett EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 3:35 pm

Do you have any Burst Missile AMJs by chance?
Back to top Go down
Charz
Artic Char
Artic Char

PostSubject: Re: Need Help With Ragna Barrett   Need Help With Ragna Barrett EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 3:53 pm

if i have it i would have equipped it on him by now

so far i don`t have Burst Missile AMJs or illumis parts to use on him as for BS integrated weapons i have gun arms mod which i was told it is ineffective on him

the only lgj or amj parts i have are back boost lgj Assault boost lgj and Trance skirt amj
Back to top Go down
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

PostSubject: Re: Need Help With Ragna Barrett   Need Help With Ragna Barrett EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 4:22 pm

Trance Skirt AMJs for chasing mmhmm.

I'd probably settle for 2x Handy Bazookas / 1 Bazooka + 1 Handy Mag / L Baz + Handheld Tuneable Weapon. until you can get your mittens on burst amjs.

But Ragna's legs are so damned sexy Q_Q
Back to top Go down
Charz
Artic Char
Artic Char

PostSubject: Re: Need Help With Ragna Barrett   Need Help With Ragna Barrett EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 4:41 pm

tbh i don`t feel like removing them too i can tune the capa on them
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need Help With Ragna Barrett   Need Help With Ragna Barrett Empty

Back to top Go down

Need Help With Ragna Barrett
Page 1 of 1