Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Help with my Alpha Ragna Barrett build!!!

Go down 
+3
Trill
beccadmgirl
Rakeshi
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Rakeshi

Male Posts : 50

Help with my Alpha Ragna Barrett build!!! Empty
PostSubject: Help with my Alpha Ragna Barrett build!!!   Help with my Alpha Ragna Barrett build!!! EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 2:48 pm

Ah hello there. I'm new here and this is my very first topic Thank you for at least opening this topic and checking out its contents. Now that the greetings have been done, lets go straight to the question at hand. I'm really confused on how I should build my Ragna Barrett. Everytime I level up, I try some new equipment and see if they are any good.

Here's my past plan for Ragna
Spoiler:

Well, I thought that maybe adding that Gun Arms Mod BS would be a good thing to squeeze out some damage with my Alpha Strikes since that is the main focus of this Ragnum Buster(I like calling mine that)... Until...

Spoiler:

... Antlion BS. At first, when I was using it with Antlion, it was really annoying for me since you can't move while firing the missiles and I usually miss or die before even making much use of it. Until I tried it on Ragnum Buster. Since alpha striking would include the use of his Ragna Shot, it has quite a cool down, rendering me defenseless or unable to retaliate whenever a dying enemy shows up and my guns are still on cool down, tha's where Antlion BS comes in handy. After doing an Alpha Strike, I'd immediately lock-on with BS and shoot when its ready, which misses quite a lot but some still manages to hit the target. I'm not sure though if this is a good idea since I haven't really used Gun Arms Mod BS yet. I'm open to some suggestions(obviously) so if you got some, please post let me know. Thank you in advance!
Back to top Go down
beccadmgirl
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Female Posts : 1092

PostSubject: Re: Help with my Alpha Ragna Barrett build!!!   Help with my Alpha Ragna Barrett build!!! EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 3:26 pm

alot of weapons don't share cooldown with your ragna bd shots. Switch your primary weapon to one of that and in between alpha strike, just use that single weapon.

BS wise I'm not really familiar with much main weapon BS. The only one i use is dagomure bs which comes with double barrel blast zooka.

Switch your ragna LG to something else. If you don't mind them being gigantic (which ragna's lg already is) I prefer baltheon (30 cost 90 HP) or UC available big mountain (50 cost 90 HP) cause right now even my level 3 ragna has more hp than yours

Rocket launcher, forget about the homing and switch to something like a zooka

I don't get why you got rid of the amJ, but I think I'll have capa problem on my ragna anyways so I probably won't be using it
Back to top Go down
Rakeshi

PostSubject: Re: Help with my Alpha Ragna Barrett build!!!   Help with my Alpha Ragna Barrett build!!! EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 4:03 pm

You sure? I can't shoot my Beam Cancellers right after Alpha Strikes whenever I try to shoot and/or block some beam projectiles.

Would like to try it out if only I had it our even if I had the slightest chance of getting it.

One thing I hate about myself is the fact that I can't make a robo or a moe look crap. lllOTL

Actually, that was what I planned to use until I remembered that zooks eat WLK and FLY which would make me need another Capa tune and making things more difficult and depressing if it happens to fail(but better build mean harder work but meh, if its good, Imma consider it).

Dunno why. I Remember adding those when I was making the build but oh well.

Btw, I forgot to add these on top and its been bugging me for quite a while. Can Beam Canceller missiles(that didn't explode yet) block projectiles? I don't know if it was me but when I was alpha striking a Resha and she was preparing her vox during that time but... then I noticed that her vox blew up on her face with the beam cancel area deployed on her. There was no obstacle and I was the only one shooting at the time. No, there aren't anyone near her as well.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Help with my Alpha Ragna Barrett build!!!   Help with my Alpha Ragna Barrett build!!! EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 4:07 pm

Ragna BD shots are pretty durable, they can destroy a lot of shit. It was probably the missles just blowing up in her face afterwards.
Back to top Go down
beccadmgirl
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: Help with my Alpha Ragna Barrett build!!!   Help with my Alpha Ragna Barrett build!!! EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 4:14 pm

Rakeshi wrote:
You sure? I can't shoot my Beam Cancellers right after Alpha Strikes whenever I try to shoot and/or block some beam projectiles.

yes. on my level 3 ragna I use burst missile amj from Illumis. I can fire it with 0.5 - 1 second delay from right after I finish alpha strike

Also something else I noticed, you tend to refund some of your wlk stat by doing high run beta, which hurts both your fly stat and tec stat. So 3 tunes (2 boost beta and 1 run beta) later you have a +0 wlk +3 fly and -1 tec. Instead of doing that, why not just take advantage of the 100% tune rate of boost tune, and for the same cost, 3 tunes, have a +3 fly and save a tec.
Back to top Go down
Rakeshi

PostSubject: Re: Help with my Alpha Ragna Barrett build!!!   Help with my Alpha Ragna Barrett build!!! EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 4:18 pm

Well, still working on that. How about the second build with Antlion BS? Only tune I did was High Boost Beta and one Tec tune Question
Back to top Go down
beccadmgirl
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: Help with my Alpha Ragna Barrett build!!!   Help with my Alpha Ragna Barrett build!!! EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 4:19 pm

Rakeshi wrote:

Btw, I forgot to add these on top and its been bugging me for quite a while. Can Beam Canceller missiles(that didn't explode yet) block projectiles? I don't know if it was me but when I was alpha striking a Resha and she was preparing her vox during that time but... then I noticed that her vox blew up on her face with the beam cancel area deployed on her. There was no obstacle and I was the only one shooting at the time. No, there aren't anyone near her as well.

Resha's vox is not projectile, its beam if i remember correctly. same with FC's nova

Rakeshi wrote:
Well, still working on that. How about the second build with Antlion BS? Only tune I did was High Boost Beta and one Tec tune Question

Same comment as before, swap your rocket launcher to something like a handy zook or zook. Save you total of 40-80 capa to tune tec with. You can tune your tec to 40, as well as drop one of your current carts for a broad radar with the extra capa
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Help with my Alpha Ragna Barrett build!!!   Help with my Alpha Ragna Barrett build!!! EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 4:31 pm

Vox is shell.
Back to top Go down
beccadmgirl
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: Help with my Alpha Ragna Barrett build!!!   Help with my Alpha Ragna Barrett build!!! EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 4:32 pm

Suguri wrote:
Vox is shell.
hmm i stand corrected then
Back to top Go down
Rakeshi

PostSubject: Re: Help with my Alpha Ragna Barrett build!!!   Help with my Alpha Ragna Barrett build!!! EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 4:51 pm

Spoiler:

Guess this one's better?
Back to top Go down
beccadmgirl
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: Help with my Alpha Ragna Barrett build!!!   Help with my Alpha Ragna Barrett build!!! EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 4:58 pm

Rakeshi wrote:
Spoiler:

Guess this one's better?

emm... wooh what did you do
Back to top Go down
Rakeshi

PostSubject: Re: Help with my Alpha Ragna Barrett build!!!   Help with my Alpha Ragna Barrett build!!! EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 5:01 pm

beccadmgirl wrote:
Rakeshi wrote:
Spoiler:

Guess this one's better?

Changed the two rocket launchers with Handy Zooks, added a capa tune, removed one Capa cart and added Sniper Sight, did not use High Run Beta, and added broad radar instead of Quick Boost.
Back to top Go down
beccadmgirl
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: Help with my Alpha Ragna Barrett build!!!   Help with my Alpha Ragna Barrett build!!! EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 5:03 pm

Rakeshi wrote:
beccadmgirl wrote:
Rakeshi wrote:
Spoiler:

Guess this one's better?

Changed the two rocket launchers with Handy Zooks, added a capa tune, removed one Capa cart and added Sniper Sight, did not use High Run Beta, and added broad radar instead of Quick Boost.

It was abit sarcastic (sorry)

added a capa tune, removed one Capa cart ----whyyyyyy
Sniper Sight --- whyyyy give up capa cart for this thing

Edit:
Spoiler:

This is what I actually had in mind. But good effort on trying
Back to top Go down
Rakeshi

PostSubject: Re: Help with my Alpha Ragna Barrett build!!!   Help with my Alpha Ragna Barrett build!!! EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 5:17 pm

beccadmgirl wrote:

It was abit rhetorical

Capa tune instead of Capa Cart: Had some extra slots so why not? And it gives me the freedom to add one more cart that does not exceed 20

Sniper sight instead of Capa Cart: So that when I get a lock-on, I could at least shoot before they know where I am instead of having a lock-on and then getting murdered by everyone without even being able to shoot one whole Alpha Strike session. But could replace it with Quick Boost(for repeated float dash), Beam Guard(for survival against damn Wing Moes or Aerial pancakes), Shell Guard(Waste of cart I guess?) or Blast Guard(So I can at least have a chance on beating up those friggin Albas who manages to outgun me whenever face to face)

Also, I shall say again. Sadly, I am stupid when it comes to aesthetics. I have quite a bad habit of thinking about a bit more on looks instead of stats(No way am I putting girly acc on mechas nor would I let them have stubby LGs unless its their design and it looks good on them) lllOTL
Back to top Go down
beccadmgirl
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: Help with my Alpha Ragna Barrett build!!!   Help with my Alpha Ragna Barrett build!!! EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 5:27 pm

Rakeshi wrote:
beccadmgirl wrote:

It was abit rhetorical

Capa tune instead of Capa Cart: Had some extra slots so why not? And it gives me the freedom to add one more cart that does not exceed 20

Sniper sight instead of Capa Cart: So that when I get a lock-on, I could at least shoot before they know where I am instead of having a lock-on and then getting murdered by everyone without even being able to shoot one whole Alpha Strike session. But could replace it with Quick Boost(for repeated float dash), Beam Guard(for survival against damn Wing Moes or Aerial pancakes), Shell Guard(Waste of cart I guess?) or Blast Guard(So I can at least have a chance on beating up those friggin Albas who manages to outgun me whenever face to face)

Also, I shall say again. Sadly, I am stupid when it comes to aesthetics. I have quite a bad habit of thinking about a bit more on looks instead of stats(No way am I putting girly acc on mechas nor would I let them have stubby LGs unless its their design and it looks good on them) lllOTL

KK. I get what you're saying about them LG so its fine.

Though I just checked calc, 1x EIW increases your force by 1 and ammo by 50 for 30 cost, which imo is abit cost inefficient. So instead of dropping a capa tune, why not drop the EIW.

As for survival and alpha striking, its more on your experience and less on the sniper sight cart. Practice makes perfect
Back to top Go down
Rakeshi

PostSubject: Re: Help with my Alpha Ragna Barrett build!!!   Help with my Alpha Ragna Barrett build!!! EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 5:42 pm

beccadmgirl wrote:

KK. I get what you're saying about them LG so its fine.

Though I just checked calc, 1x EIW increases your force by 1 and ammo by 50 for 30 cost, which imo is abit cost inefficient. So instead of dropping a capa tune, why not drop the EIW.

As for survival and alpha striking, its more on your experience and less on the sniper sight cart. Practice makes perfect

Well, main purpose of the EIW was to increase ammo since the very first thing that goes to 0 is Ragna sho-.... Oh yeah, I forgot that they buffed Ragna shot and added 50 extra ammo. Guess I'll just add a Capa cart again.

Spoiler:

Guess with this, I won't need much Rainbow Chips and was able to increase TEC to 38 which would help all my weapons instead of just jacking a EIW and only powering up Ragna Shot(Heck, I don't hit AIRs much with it... Still practicing though). Guess this is pretty much a case closed?
Back to top Go down
beccadmgirl
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: Help with my Alpha Ragna Barrett build!!!   Help with my Alpha Ragna Barrett build!!! EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 6:23 pm

That's all the comment I got, maybe I missed something that someone else can pick up something
Back to top Go down
Rakeshi

PostSubject: Re: Help with my Alpha Ragna Barrett build!!!   Help with my Alpha Ragna Barrett build!!! EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 6:33 pm

Well thanks anyway for helping me with my Ragnum Buster Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Help with my Alpha Ragna Barrett build!!!   Help with my Alpha Ragna Barrett build!!! EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 7:07 pm

Tuning Run to tune more fly is... kind of pointless.

Change it to 2x Boost tunes instead.

H.Boost Beta + Run: 10 cost, 2 fly (0 walk loss) -1 str. 2 slots

Boost + Boost: 10 cost, 2 fly (0 walk loss), no str loss. 2 slots.

Easier, gets 1 str back despite it being negligable, and +1 tunes are 100%.
Back to top Go down
tehprognoob
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
tehprognoob

Male Posts : 1712

PostSubject: Re: Help with my Alpha Ragna Barrett build!!!   Help with my Alpha Ragna Barrett build!!! EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 8:40 pm

I saw big mountainz LG in there

FATNESS UNRIVALED
Back to top Go down
XiaoFu
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
XiaoFu

PostSubject: Re: Help with my Alpha Ragna Barrett build!!!   Help with my Alpha Ragna Barrett build!!! EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 10:06 pm

First of all Rakeshi, Ragna with Rocket launcher isn't bad, using TWO rocket launchers is bad though. SECOND of all, remove that damn Antlion BS, you're a alpha striker, that BS is extra bloated cost you don't need.

Also don't listen to any post about Ragna's EIW being bad. Its cost inefficient, yes, but its worth it's cost since here are the reasons why:

1. Ragna shots destroys other bullets in flight, it can POP voxes (this pop voxes not his beam canceller missiles), pop FC nova if you see them.

2. It can CHARGE DELAY anything in-game without clearence.

3. Its 400 speed, why not get more ammo for his amazing core weapon?

This is just something to think about though, you don't have to get EIW though if you want. Honestly if you don't build like you don't have a brain at all, Ragna should work fine for you.

TL;DR

Cart choices are up to you, EIW should be consider again if you want them, remove that stupid AA missile BS (Antlion BS) and using one rocket launcher + handy zooka is fine too.
Back to top Go down
Turkeysaur
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Turkeysaur

PostSubject: Re: Help with my Alpha Ragna Barrett build!!!   Help with my Alpha Ragna Barrett build!!! EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 11:08 pm

Any close range weapon (burners, grenade launchers, alba HD...) and 2x EIWs is just as solid or even better than going alpha.

EIW is amazing because it also increase back sliding's ammo.

Expect alpharts to get free fragged or crowd controlled once CBen figures what are vehicles, Rouche, chibis, and other stuff for.
Back to top Go down
Rakeshi

PostSubject: Re: Help with my Alpha Ragna Barrett build!!!   Help with my Alpha Ragna Barrett build!!! EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 2:17 am

So I guess I should just use default Ragna parts and spam Alpha huh?

Spoiler:

Hahah, sorry, kinda being a bit stupid about Antlion BS since it launches 8 missiles o wo
Back to top Go down
XiaoFu
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
XiaoFu

PostSubject: Re: Help with my Alpha Ragna Barrett build!!!   Help with my Alpha Ragna Barrett build!!! EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 2:32 am

Remove that double rocket launcher if I was you. One is fine, two is kind of costly. Remove it and add a handy bazooka to free up 40 cost. Also take off a High Boost Beta if you're gonna put handy bazooka on, since you will have -wlk.

I'm kind of Iffy about that High rapid beta on that Rocket Launcher but, I remember using it with a High rapid tune, so I guess its fine?

Just a tip though, since you're using all default parts, your ragna wil have a big fat hitbox.

Backboosting with his core will be your best friend here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help with my Alpha Ragna Barrett build!!!   Help with my Alpha Ragna Barrett build!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Help with my Alpha Ragna Barrett build!!!
Page 1 of 1