Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Final Beta date announced(Youtube link)!!

Go down 
+19
Garmr
Segawa
FreedomFighter
NovaZero
FrozenEdge
necrio
Ichijo
GOD
Desu
Dune
rei_hunter
(´・ω・`)
Daylyt
Hyoka
Elitist
Feign
koi
ChaosOmni
CapeMike
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
FrozenEdge
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FrozenEdge

Male Posts : 1003

Final Beta date announced(Youtube link)!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Beta date announced(Youtube link)!!   Final Beta date announced(Youtube link)!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 6:47 am

so whens the countdown timer gonna show up? >_>
Back to top Go down
http://dreamself.me/d/ily1
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

PostSubject: Re: Final Beta date announced(Youtube link)!!   Final Beta date announced(Youtube link)!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 8:27 am

I was nowhere to be found. I expected it, but I'm sad.
Back to top Go down
FreedomFighter
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FreedomFighter

PostSubject: Re: Final Beta date announced(Youtube link)!!   Final Beta date announced(Youtube link)!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 9:00 am

rei_hunter wrote:
10USD for 100RT? seems like the same pricing for CB-jp

didn't they will reduce the Rt price in shop?
maybe like 20%
Back to top Go down
Segawa
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Segawa

PostSubject: Re: Final Beta date announced(Youtube link)!!   Final Beta date announced(Youtube link)!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 10:53 am

aw ~ going for holiday on my bfday then come back after the 23rd. No end beta test visits for me T_T.

Gimme a Lily Rain E.V.E or a lily chan for my bday~ plsplspls xD

(why did my parents decide to go on my bday? Spend my bfday in the car great~ )

*Bad news*

Seems like the new single player mode (based on the video) might be one of those tactic games (like Final Fantasy Advance or maybe not so advanced on the GBA)

you know~ "those walk few steps, command, attack, see vid, run to enemy slash slash 20 dmg, enemy turn, enemy attack, slash slash 14021974012 dmg CRIT HIT WTF" kind of game\

oh wait thats good news for those who like it. I dont Razz
Back to top Go down
Ichijo
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Ichijo

PostSubject: Re: Final Beta date announced(Youtube link)!!   Final Beta date announced(Youtube link)!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 11:08 am

What video? There's no video about single player as far as I know.
Back to top Go down
Feign
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Feign

PostSubject: Re: Final Beta date announced(Youtube link)!!   Final Beta date announced(Youtube link)!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 2:02 pm

Ichijo wrote:
What video? There's no video about single player as far as I know.
The Cosmic commander site Video at the top... Here's the part that made me RAGE.
Final Beta date announced(Youtube link)!! - Page 2 Rt-rates-leaked
Back to top Go down
Garmr
Garmr

Male Posts : 57

PostSubject: Re: Final Beta date announced(Youtube link)!!   Final Beta date announced(Youtube link)!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 4:34 pm

Looking at the gameplay video for Cosmic Commander that they posted looked to me like a mixture of Super Robot Wars and Yggdra Union oddly enough.
Back to top Go down
Feign
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Feign

PostSubject: Re: Final Beta date announced(Youtube link)!!   Final Beta date announced(Youtube link)!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 4:38 pm

Garmr wrote:
Looking at the gameplay video for Cosmic Commander that they posted looked to me like a mixture of Super Robot Wars and Yggdra Union oddly enough.
I also got a little bit of the Super Robot Wars vibe from what little bit of the Alpha I've played so far... I must admit, I have no idea what I'm doing so far, though.

Also, it has teh slow... also the buggy. Plays nice with Chrome, however so I'm not totally raging just yet...
Back to top Go down
Garmr
Garmr

Male Posts : 57

PostSubject: Re: Final Beta date announced(Youtube link)!!   Final Beta date announced(Youtube link)!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 4:42 pm

Feign wrote:
Garmr wrote:
I also got a little bit of the Super Robot Wars vibe from what little bit of the Alpha I've played so far... I must admit, I have no idea what I'm doing so far, though.
Really? Buggy as in how? And what's your current opinion of it? Good, bad, has some promise? I'm gonna be giving it a try later tonight and it would be nice if I got some idea of what I'm going into here.
Back to top Go down
Feign
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Feign

PostSubject: Re: Final Beta date announced(Youtube link)!!   Final Beta date announced(Youtube link)!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 4:50 pm

Garmr wrote:
Feign wrote:
Garmr wrote:
Really? So what's your current opinion of it? Good, bad, has some promise? I'm gonna be giving it a try later tonight and it would be nice if I got some idea of what I'm going into here.
Err, considering that I keep getting bumped off the server every few minutes... Here's what I've found so far.

You get to arrange your squad of robots and assign what skill each of them will use, skills have a certain SP cost. Robos slowly build SP starting at the beginning of the combat and use their skill automatically (sometimes) when the SP has reached the skill cost. While building SP, they simply fire at each other normally. Most bots' default skill is their melee attack... I think...

I haven't found any way to actually control the actions of the bots during the combat itself, which just sort of resolves itself with nifty animations automatically (with a handy "skip" button if you don't want to watch how it unfolds). Mainly, the playing of the game is in the squad formation and skill selection before combat.

Edit: Aaaand it looks like the servers have crashed hard for the day. When they said it's in Alpha Test they weren't fucking kidding.
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

PostSubject: Re: Final Beta date announced(Youtube link)!!   Final Beta date announced(Youtube link)!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 8:57 pm

CosmicCommander's all robos, no Crims. As much as how I can understand that, I don't like.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Final Beta date announced(Youtube link)!!   Final Beta date announced(Youtube link)!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 9:06 pm

So..., they basically trolled me on the Rt crap.
Back to top Go down
Izzy
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Izzy

Male Posts : 190

PostSubject: Re: Final Beta date announced(Youtube link)!!   Final Beta date announced(Youtube link)!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 10:38 pm

if i ever showed up, i must be one of those exploding bots show.
Back to top Go down
Desu
Master Poster
Master Poster
Desu

Male Posts : 2015

PostSubject: Re: Final Beta date announced(Youtube link)!!   Final Beta date announced(Youtube link)!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 1:48 am

Feign wrote:
Err, considering that I keep getting bumped off the server every few minutes...

You get to arrange your squad of robots and assign what skill each of them will use, skills have a certain SP cost. Robos slowly build SP starting at the beginning of the combat and use their skill automatically (sometimes) when the SP has reached the skill cost. While building SP, they simply fire at each other normally. Most bots' default skill is their melee attack... I think...

I haven't found any way to actually control the actions of the bots during the combat itself, which just sort of resolves itself with nifty animations automatically (with a handy "skip" button if you don't want to watch how it unfolds). Mainly, the playing of the game is in the squad formation and skill selection before combat.

Edit: Aaaand it looks like the servers have crashed hard for the day. When they said it's in Alpha Test they weren't fucking kidding.

For your server problem,
Its mainly with Chrome,
I'm experiencing no issues with FF at the moment,
And To do a brief overall explanation,
You begin with three lines,
The front,
Central,
And backlines.
Usually you'd stick in your tankers and machine gun users in the front lines so they can absorb as much damage as possible while keeping your supporting bots (Central lines)
And snipers (back lines) safe.

Each weapon has its own defaulted attack speed,
For instance,
The hand gun fires a few rounds every 4 seconds,
While the cutter automatically attacks ever 20.

As for the skills,
Its pretty much based on how much damage you deal with that single robot,
And how much damage you take.
Once that SP bar is full,
At the end of your turn,
If all requirements are fufilled,
The skill will be activated.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tinychat.com/asianchinks
ZetBuster
ZetBuster

Male Posts : 39

PostSubject: Re: Final Beta date announced(Youtube link)!!   Final Beta date announced(Youtube link)!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 2:23 am

I still haven't passed the round 4 of Hard. xx
Back to top Go down
Feign
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Feign

PostSubject: Re: Final Beta date announced(Youtube link)!!   Final Beta date announced(Youtube link)!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 2:56 am

Desu wrote:
For your server problem,
Its mainly with Chrome,
I'm experiencing no issues with FF at the moment,
About an hour or two after posting that, I tried again and it was working flawlessly with Chrome. I just tried it on my iPod... Obviously didn't work but it was worth a try.
Desu wrote:
And To do a brief overall explanation,
You begin with three lines,
The front,
Central,
And backlines.
Usually you'd stick in your tankers and machine gun users in the front lines so they can absorb as much damage as possible while keeping your supporting bots (Central lines)
And snipers (back lines) safe.
I actually figured most of that out already, but helpful.
Desu wrote:
Each weapon has its own defaulted attack speed,
For instance,
The hand gun fires a few rounds every 4 seconds,
While the cutter automatically attacks ever 20.
Couldn't find the stat for that... Also, cant figure out how to get weapons on a bot other than the default ones... The "Item" button at the top just doesn't work. None of the buttons at the top seem to do anything, actually...
Desu wrote:
As for the skills,
Its pretty much based on how much damage you deal with that single robot,
And how much damage you take.
Once that SP bar is full,
At the end of your turn,
If all requirements are fufilled,
The skill will be activated.
The only part that confused me is the Positioning Skills or something similar, that are supposed to switch around the rows... In theory, they should allow for having more than one row of Snipers, more than one row of Tanks etcetera... But I've never gotten them to activate.
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: Final Beta date announced(Youtube link)!!   Final Beta date announced(Youtube link)!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 3:03 am

As far as I can tell, the item and option buttons haven't been enabled yet.... *shrug*
Back to top Go down
Desu
Master Poster
Master Poster
Desu

PostSubject: Re: Final Beta date announced(Youtube link)!!   Final Beta date announced(Youtube link)!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 3:32 am

Feign wrote:
Couldn't find the stat for that... Also, cant figure out how to get weapons on a bot other than the default ones... The "Item" button at the top just doesn't work. None of the buttons at the top seem to do anything, actually...

The only part that confused me is the Positioning Skills or something similar, that are supposed to switch around the rows... In theory, they should allow for having more than one row of Snipers, more than one row of Tanks etcetera... But I've never gotten them to activate.

Well Feign,
The thing is,
You can't really change the equiped weapons at the moment,
It hasn't been implemented as of now.

As for the positioning skills,
You actually need a row to switch with for the skill itself to work.
Back to top Go down
FenixStryk
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
FenixStryk

Male Posts : 382

PostSubject: Re: Final Beta date announced(Youtube link)!!   Final Beta date announced(Youtube link)!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 3:34 am

Two weeks to go. I was hoping it would be next week, but an extra week on top isn't too unacceptable considering full release is still set for Christmas.

Also, I absolutely love the music in the new trailer! It's not in the current game music files, though :<
Back to top Go down
Feign
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Feign

PostSubject: Re: Final Beta date announced(Youtube link)!!   Final Beta date announced(Youtube link)!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 12:32 pm

Desu wrote:
Feign wrote:

Well Feign,
The thing is,
You can't really change the equiped weapons at the moment,
It hasn't been implemented as of now.

As for the positioning skills,
You actually need a row to switch with for the skill itself to work.
Yeah, and I have that... Thing is, the bot with the formation skill (now that I've just more recently played) just sits there with a full SP bar. I've seen the computer do it with a row of two bots and a row with only one bot... Thing is, I noticed when the computer did it (used Back Sniping with a Hoverion), the actual formation didn't change on the stats portion, only in the graphics screen, and all the attacks still did the same damage. against them. My attacks should have been friggin neutered against the back row, but they were still doing full damage.

I'm thinking it's bugged... hard.

For that matter... This is an alpha test, where do we report the bugs?
Back to top Go down
Desu
Master Poster
Master Poster
Desu

PostSubject: Re: Final Beta date announced(Youtube link)!!   Final Beta date announced(Youtube link)!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 11:32 pm

Feign wrote:

Yeah, and I have that... Thing is, the bot with the formation skill (now that I've just more recently played) just sits there with a full SP bar. I've seen the computer do it with a row of two bots and a row with only one bot... Thing is, I noticed when the computer did it (used Back Sniping with a Hoverion), the actual formation didn't change on the stats portion, only in the graphics screen, and all the attacks still did the same damage. against them. My attacks should have been friggin neutered against the back row, but they were still doing full damage.

I'm thinking it's bugged... hard.

For that matter... This is an alpha test, where do we report the bugs?

The best thing you'll probably do as for reporting bugs would be to send a ticket through the CB mainsite,
That or you could always make a CC bug thread on either forums.

And the formation skill requires at least a single bot to switch with at the other place.
Also the damage of your attacks isn't what becomes nerfed or increased.
Its the accuracy.
Thats only according to the oppisite side's formation ofcourse
Back to top Go down
Feign
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Feign

PostSubject: Re: Final Beta date announced(Youtube link)!!   Final Beta date announced(Youtube link)!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 11:30 am

Desu wrote:
And the formation skill requires at least a single bot to switch with at the other place.
Also the damage of your attacks isn't what becomes nerfed or increased.
Its the accuracy.
Thats only according to the oppisite side's formation ofcourse
Wait, so if my formation has low attack stat against the back row, that just means my accuracy against the enemy back row is worse?

I'm saying when the enemy used Back Sniping, my attacks were still hitting the row (which according to the animation is now in the back row of the formation) as if they were in the front, and they were still in the front of the formation in the lower portion of the screen... The big problem is I have no idea if that's a bug or just poor game design.
Back to top Go down
Andaros
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 425

PostSubject: Re: Final Beta date announced(Youtube link)!!   Final Beta date announced(Youtube link)!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 8:12 pm

CapeMike wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTuzgOQVxhg

There ya' go! Very Happy

OOOOOOOO, I saw EVE in that video, if they're bringing her to EN I just hope they give us some time to earn enough RT to possibly get her lol
Back to top Go down
Andaros
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 425

PostSubject: Re: Final Beta date announced(Youtube link)!!   Final Beta date announced(Youtube link)!! - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 2:33 am

Feign wrote:
Desu wrote:
Also the damage of your attacks isn't what becomes reduced or increased.
Its the accuracy.
That's only according to the opposite side's formation of course
Wait, so if my formation has low attack stat against the back row, that just means my accuracy against the enemy back row is worse?

I'm saying when the enemy used Back Sniping, my attacks were still hitting the row (which according to the animation is now in the back row of the formation) as if they were in the front, and they were still in the front of the formation in the lower portion of the screen... The big problem is I have no idea if that's a bug or just poor game design.

if your attacks are only strong against the first row you will kill the front row before moving on to the middle and finally back, if they're more spread you will hit multiple rows at once. . .
Back to top Go down
Feign
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Feign

PostSubject: Re: Final Beta date announced(Youtube link)!!   Final Beta date announced(Youtube link)!! - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 2:40 am

Andaros wrote:
CapeMike wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTuzgOQVxhg

There ya' go! Very Happy

OOOOOOOO, I saw EVE in that video, if they're bringing her to EN I just hope they give us some time to earn enough RT to possibly get her lol
No, you pay for your Rt or forever sadness.

...forever.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Beta date announced(Youtube link)!!   Final Beta date announced(Youtube link)!! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Final Beta date announced(Youtube link)!!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next