Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Golden veil debuff(?)

Go down 
+3
fggt
Relict?
Demonbane
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Demonbane
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Demonbane

Golden veil debuff(?) Empty
PostSubject: Golden veil debuff(?)   Golden veil debuff(?) EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 5:00 am

I have been off the game for quite awhile now. Just got back in and notice this new golden veil like debuff whenever I get hit by new melee moebots.

What does it do?
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

PostSubject: Re: Golden veil debuff(?)   Golden veil debuff(?) EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 5:16 am

Prevents stunluck/juggle effect.
Back to top Go down
fggt
Flat chests are JUSTICE!
fggt

Male Posts : 5770

PostSubject: Re: Golden veil debuff(?)   Golden veil debuff(?) EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 5:17 am

It's supposed to prevent your bot from being juggled by attacks. "Suppose" because I've never seen it works, for example: http://puu.sh/3CqeA.
Back to top Go down
Demonbane
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Demonbane

PostSubject: Re: Golden veil debuff(?)   Golden veil debuff(?) EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 5:27 am

I see, that's how it suppose to work. Thanks guys.

Pretty much what tggt said, I still got killed by stunlock with it on.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Golden veil debuff(?)   Golden veil debuff(?) EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 5:47 am

it prevents you from being stunned by attacks that inflict it.
mainly prevents multiple vox juggles such as this: https://youtu.be/rkjUe0dzKXU?t=2m49s
it's not an "anti-stunlock" feature as it was originally worded by cyberstepUS office.
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: Golden veil debuff(?)   Golden veil debuff(?) EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 8:25 am

There is that chibi-like fish robot, Kingyo-chan, with it's little tackle attack. Ask someone to show it to you in a team fight or something. The Gold Veil prevents the type of stunlock he could do (the tackle throws you upwards and has no CD, potentially allowing Kingyo-chan to juggle you to death).

The irony here is that most of the infamus stunlocking candidates don't give a single fuck about it (Eris causes it, but has a lot of other stun effects that aren't prevented, same goes for Mikoto and a lot of other bots to).
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Golden veil debuff(?)   Golden veil debuff(?) EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 8:37 am

because it mainly applies to most "launching" stuns, not stationary stuns. Launch stuns will ALWAYS stun to the same degree even at 40TGH, where other stuns come in tiers that can be reduced by stacking TGH. It's a form of "counter mechanic" for multiple players chaining these types of attacks together.
Back to top Go down
Demonbane
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Demonbane

PostSubject: Re: Golden veil debuff(?)   Golden veil debuff(?) EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 12:41 pm

So, it prevent lifting stun. Which kinda help Eris and other melees stunlock a victim now that they can't escape melee stun by getting thrown up into the air.
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

PostSubject: Re: Golden veil debuff(?)   Golden veil debuff(?) EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 1:12 pm

Not exactly. Only lifting stuns trigger this effect and the effect prevents consecutive juggles, but it doesn't prevent other stuns. Eris will stunlock you regardless (she'l throw you away fast enough for you to escape most of the time), the only time this effect fucks you up, is when you're attacked by another unit that triggers this effect before (in example Kingyo-chan or Pepo Pucci).
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater

PostSubject: Re: Golden veil debuff(?)   Golden veil debuff(?) EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 2:51 pm

It should prevent those special stuns (juggle, movement slow down, launching), when it triggers, but I see it often not triggering when really gay things hit you (like how MBG A either doesn't trigger it or does it rarely, since I never saw one triggering it), or triggers at every hit and makes the weapon useless (Bikini Crim for example), or triggers and doesn't really do it's work.

Bikini Crim isn't even about juggling, it should be about slowing the enemy's movement while they are inside the AOE, which GV makes it rather unnoticeable since it triggers on almost every hit (saw it rarely not triggering in the first hit).
Back to top Go down
Demonbane
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Demonbane

PostSubject: Re: Golden veil debuff(?)   Golden veil debuff(?) EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 3:16 pm

Really annoying when this buff trigger and you got pushed against a wall, get stuck between the wall and melee attacker.
Usually means death to complete stun lock without the ability to fly out.

I notice a certain part of melee combo apply this buff to target. Like Elisalotte Glanz lifting attack in mid of her sword combo.
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

PostSubject: Re: Golden veil debuff(?)   Golden veil debuff(?) EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 3:32 pm

Crtain eapons don't trigger it, despite inflicting special stuns. Dracken's shoulder tackle in example (but that's ok because my husbando may "tackle" me all night long 0w0)
Back to top Go down
Halexander
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Golden veil debuff(?)   Golden veil debuff(?) EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 7:44 pm

As far as I can tell, GV only applies to forced "bounce" stuns that certain attacks give and these attacks now always give GV.  Sigma's nova used to bounce people up and basically give free hits, now they always fall through it because the first hit always GVs.  Luto thunderball, Callisto jupitizer, and School Crim dash are attacks I have noticed it on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Golden veil debuff(?)   Golden veil debuff(?) Empty

Back to top Go down

Golden veil debuff(?)
Page 1 of 1