Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2

Go down 
+9
blead
StickyKeys
KidGlitch
Trill
texasred
Winty
+RedCobra+
ngelicdark
Kitouski
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2   Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2 - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 4:44 am

Winty wrote:
there is nothing wrong with that post.
scratch
You seriously pick 2x EIW over float dash?
SUGURI!!!!!!!!! PLEASE COME!
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2   Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2 - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 4:50 am

I don't think you understand.
there's nothing incorrect in what you said. It's probably the most correct post on this forum to date.
Back to top Go down
toil

Male Posts : 64

PostSubject: Re: Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2   Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2 - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 11:18 pm

Thank you for the guide Very Happy I enjoy the parasol a lot but sometimes i took to long before it started firing for me though :<
Btw, I can't buy Renny Lop but I got Renny Lop Dealer from Thanks Ticket Garapon with Legion Union War. Is she a good replacement? Should I drop all the weapons that come with her and use only the parasol?
Back to top Go down
Maelstrom
Chased By Police
Chased By Police

Male Posts : 4840

PostSubject: Re: Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2   Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2 - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 11:33 pm

>seraph wings
>anti stun

wat?

(its an old post, i know)
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

Male Posts : 1054

PostSubject: Re: Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2   Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2 - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 12:26 am

toil wrote:
Thank you for the guide Very Happy I enjoy the parasol a lot but sometimes i took to long before it started firing for me though :<
Btw, I can't buy Renny Lop but I got Renny Lop Dealer from Thanks Ticket Garapon with Legion Union War. Is she a good replacement? Should I drop all the weapons that come with her and use only the parasol?

I wouldn't use the card shot in conjunction with an Aqua Parasol, or at the very least I wouldn't tune it. The shield I'm not all too familiar with how functions so it could or could not be useful on her, I don't personally have one to know. Other then that though, her core works just as well as original.

It's worth mentioning that the guide could use a little updating and the parts on Seraph are worth ignoring all together. Blast Guard has become much more important nowadays and Armor Guard is really good on hopping shooters of any sort. Despite all that, Aqua Parasol is still quite good and Renny Dealer's core is good as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kito.winterwing.com
toil

PostSubject: Re: Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2   Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2 - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 5:03 am

Thanks mate, I really love my Renny Lop Dealer thanks to you xD
Can you help me with which 3 bots to use to learn the game and perform better in Union War please. I prefer the style of moving around fast and shoot things (although people always seem to run/fly way faster than me D:) or Artillery spitting loads of bullets. Here is my garage atm:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

PostSubject: Re: Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2   Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2 - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 8:56 am

Pretty much everything you have is usable to a degree, some with more work then others. Chibis in general are pretty derp in general nowadays and Amateus takes a great deal of work to make good in the current meta when it comes to correct weapons and tunes but everything else should be pretty much usable. Out of everything you have, most people would consider Resha the most "top tier" though Renny is a good contender for highest potential cap since she does have all the right carts, capa and stats to be one of the best moe cores you can have to put whatever weapon you want on.

If you're new but have rolled any of the recent garapons, tickets or not (since I noticed you have Squidol) then Crimrose would be a good candidate for any Crystal Beam Gun (with tunes) or B Blast Rail Gun you may have gotten. If not Aqua Parasol also works on her or you can go "old school" and seek out buying a 3 slotted Beam Shooter Mod during a bazaar from a player. I can't say she's an extraordinary bot, but she has a solid core and can get Accel Roll and Air Loop from carts when leveling without having to use RT items to get those abilities which is really convenient for new people. Accel Roll and Air Loop helps significantly with catching up with things or dodging things and some players pretty much won't even play most AIR bots unless they can get these carts on them.

Unfortunately Yukka is somewhat derp despite the fact that I love her. You can't really use her melee and expect to take on other melees so sticking a gun on her is generally a better way to go but her starting stats don't complement that nor does her built in attacks. There are much better gunners, melees or hybrids, but dinking with her is fun none the less.

I wrote a thing on Aquila Girl a little while back over here if you ever decide you want to use her a lot, http://www.cosmicbreakfanforum.com/t14535-kito-s-ongoing-new-player-low-budget-guides-part-3

Fia V I would have to dink around with and compare with her other variants to give a more real suggestion/thought on her since I've pretty much ignored that variant of her. If she plays anything like the original though without a transformation, she's a fairly straightforward fireball thrower that isn't too hard to play and does sizable damage. To my knowledge there's nothing inherently bad about her, just that there's nothing much more you can do then run around and throw fireballs, lol. I'm no Fia expert though so I could probably jump on one and give a more solid thought if you'd like.

I don't have Resha but I do know that she's really, really good. You can't go wrong with either path but her Vox path that's based on shooting sounds like it'd be more up your alley. A lot of people who go that path getting hopping carts, throw up shields and find people to blast all game, lol. I hear it's easier to play as well, though neither path is necessarily better then the other, especially after her most recent tweaks.

Honestly what's more important than anything to compete in this current meta is to tune to competent speed both in weapons and in movement. Whenever you're tuning a weapon, consider if you're hitting your targets as often as you should. Are you missing because of human error or simply because the weapon isn't fast enough? There's a lot of rules of thumb in tuning and gathering materials for it is a bit of a pain especially if you're newer, but Super UC Garapon, Ouka at Ground Area and learning fair prices at bazaar for materials will be your best friend. Breakpoints, what tunes are good and what tunes are terrible, and other things like that come more with time though there are a lot of resources for it on the forum. Sanzeinga made a really good tuning guide here https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xVBthJysZ4lER6fUaOqxtZ4kIohuFCG5PQ0eoff_uKg/edit?pli=1 and honestly his introduction couldn't be more true when it comes to how effective what you have is.

I feel like I answered everything except the actual request, though I guess I don't have a magical answer. xD If I completely missed a point, you have more to ask, or anything else like that feel free to ask, since I kind of barfed everything I could think of that might help.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2   Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2 - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 9:06 am

Quote :
and seek out buying a 3 slotted Beam Shooter Mod

imo the ballista shooter from UC gara is a better option after the buffs it got. You'll get a ton of extra ammo, 2 extra force, and less int in exchange for beam type and all of 5 speed. also it's -1str/-1wlk instead of -1wlk/-1fly which is slightly better stats-wise. also they are easier to come by so you don't need to be spending slot prots on them, and the massive ammo gain means you can easily afford to drop heavy -ammo tunes into them(standard setup is 2x grapid beta+gforce beta).
Back to top Go down
toil

PostSubject: Re: Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2   Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2 - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 9:40 am

Ty guys Very Happy I guess I'll need to start hoarding tune materials and finding a weapon for my Crimrose then.
Although many people have told me Resha is good but I often perform better with Aquila Girl and Renny Lop though. I think I'm doing something wrong D:
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2   Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2 - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 9:44 am

aquila girl is powerful at low-end due to her putting herself at max fly with her ability, and airs being "safer."

If you are playing melee resha, untuned melees often have problems if you don't know how to play or when to engage and disengage.

If you are playing gunner resha, it may be simply lacking the mobility stats to dodge things, where as renny has much longer range and can survive easier with lower mobility stats.

When properly built, resha will prove to be stronger. It's a case of potential.
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

PostSubject: Re: Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2   Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2 - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 12:36 am

Pretty much everything Winty said, there are some bots that simply do better without tunes or levels then others and Aquila Girl is definitely one of them. That's not to say they don't benefit though. Resha is tough to play without some tunes.

Also seconding the Ballista Shooter suggestion, I totally forgot they buffed the crap out of that thing and wasn't around for when it actually happened so it was sort of out of mind. I'd imagine it'd be a little difficult to make that work on HD Crimrose but I'm thinking you could pull it off.

...simulated it for fun just to see how she'd land. Not amazing, but not bad either. I would imagine you could get more tec with a slotted handheld (though you'd have to dive into handhelds to get it which are technically inefficient) or more health with Ranger tunes instead of tech if you opted to not get Broad Radar in favor of say, quick boost to save capa. EX tunes of course would get you more health but are a bear to tune. While you'd think Boost Drive would be the way to go on airs, most of them tend to benefit more from Armor Drive, if you ever Drive Cart her after leveling her to 10. But yea, take the simulation with a grain of salt since I more made it on a whim to see if it's possible then actually put an extreme amount of thought into it.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
toil

PostSubject: Re: Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2   Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2 - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 9:07 am

I have got a better grip on the game now thanks to you guys xD I don't have any weapon for Crimrose like you suggested yet but can a Cupid Shooter work? I have got some of those from union war today. And can Heart Shield replace Buckler?
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

PostSubject: Re: Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2   Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2 - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 10:32 am

Shields have kind of fallen out of favor with most of the community because everything alphas a million bullets, melees or has exploding bullets nowadays. Getting health and more damage has also become easier but shields health has stayed the same (which is I think 60). That's not to say they're bad though, I still like using them at times when they fit but a lot of people have moved past them since this guide has been made. Funny enough, as long as you utilize the subweapon of Heart Shield properly, it's better then a Buckler.

If you like I could give you a 3-slot Ballista Shooter and a low slotted Beam Shooter Mod during next bazaar. You can see if you like them at all and want to use them or not. The other weapons mentioned aren't tradable since they're RT though. (Nor do I have any sizable amount of them)
Back to top Go down
toil

PostSubject: Re: Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2   Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2 - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 9:38 am

I just notice I'll get a Beam Shooter Mod as level up reward for my next level but if it's okay with you, can I get your too please Embarassed Sorry I have a habbit of hoarding stuffs in games. Thank you so much.
My IGN is Specchio, hope to see you then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2   Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2