Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 3

Go down 
+7
Relict?
Sakura1
Fuwakomoriya
JinNJuice
Winty
AhegaoMaster
Kitouski
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

Male Posts : 1054

Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 3 Empty
PostSubject: Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 3   Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 3 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 8:13 am

The "Free Things" addition. The next few bots I want to talk about are pretty much obtained for free either by leveling up or some sort of promotion. Any parts I'll talk about to add to them as usual will be either UC or specifically shop RT, though I want to stay as close to a pure UC build as possible.

Aquila Girl

Breakdown

Aquila Girl comes free 1 slotted out of Legion if you spam it for a little while, so this should be obtainable for ANYONE. While she has become more difficult to use because of the long range artillery meta, she is still a strong bot that hunts LNDs well, stays in the air forever, and score whores very well. She is a simple bot to use that a lot of people (for some reason) considered meta breaking when she was released and is still powerful today.

Super easy mode:
Spoiler:

Mini Bazooka and shields still cool guise amirite:
Spoiler:

Weapons:
After all this time I'm still a fan of Mini Bazooka on certain airs and it's a effective weapon to take against other airs and generally leaves them surprised, but it's completely optional, if not somewhat unconventional. AGs core weapon is honestly not half bad against incompetent airs or airs heavily geared for taking on land but not other airs. (Feng Mei, somewhat Shana, etc) I don't advise Mini Bazooka if you can't aim, have no desire to ever fight any other airs, or don't like the weapon at all.

Dual stat handhelds is definitely a route to go as well. It gives you more slots to tune the bot... what more is there to say?

The last viable UC option is dual shields... either Bucklers, Coffin Shields or even Rosario Shields or Heart Shields. If I see you with a Viper Shield I'll punch you in the throat. This is the least advised way to go. Shields don't block as much nowadays and they're bound to get eaten alive in seconds if you do run into an artillery wall. It'd be arrogant to say they do nothing though, they're just not nearly as effective as they once were. If you can make use of the effects of Rosario/Heart they've got quite a useful effect but are really only good over Buckler/Coffin if you actually remember to do so and do so effectively. Shields in general okay direction to go if you can't figure out how to sink all your capa for some reason and you decide you don't want to use a Mini Bazooka.

Parts:
Booster: Tentrion BS, Beezle BS, Ace Braver BS
Beezle is your best option here. Even with 1 slot body parts you're not exactly hurting for more slots so you can afford to have a cheaper BS and it's incredibly efficient. Another plus is that while it may seem the str is a junk stat, each one means an additional beta tune you can tune since you don't want to have 0 str for propeller bit and she has more walk then str (you'll run out of str first tuning beta). Tentrion BS is a good choice if you do have difficulty sinking capa for some reason or you lack 3 slot Beezle boosters. Fair warning, Tentrion BS looks horrible on moes. Ace Braver BS is a good choice if you like tough and want more of it. It's difficult to recommend any take off boosters in any situations due to Aquila Girls ability to stay in the air forever as well as it serving as a take off if necessary, so stay away from Brickgale BSs or Jet BSs of any sort. Though not listed (because it's on its way out) Yurika's Ribbon BS is both good enough to use and looks really good on moes. Feel free to suggest other BSs that I may have missed.

Accessories: Ace of Hearts, EVE Ornament, anything that has a combination of two of the following, HP, capa, fly or tec.
This one is self explanatory. Ace of Hearts slotted can be expensive if you don't have them but are bazaarable if you don't. EVE Ornament is unslotted so only use it if you don't need the extra slot. There has been numerous slotted headgears that offer two useful stats through different coin/ticket/crystal/whatever-of-the-month exchanges, old UC garapons and I THINK current UC garapons. Ivis Disc also kicks out Ivis Print Fan and Red Layer Ribbon that gives 1 FLY and 5 HP and 1 TEC and 5 HP, both also buyable from bazaar.

Notable Tunes:
To start, Aquila Girl is one of those bots where it is not actually necessary to get 38 fly on but definitely doesn't hurt given what you have to tune towards. Her refill gives her a speed buff but it will run out before your boost and there will be time where it's more practical to save your sub and land if it's easy and safe to do it. Personally I'd always shoot for 38 fly, but it's not unheard of to settle on a lower breakpoint (34 fly) for Aquila Girl. From there everything else should be spent on Tech and HP. Everything should be in High Beta tunes if you can help it, if you can't do anymore, move on to either vanilla tunes (Tech, Life or Fly), combination tunes (Eagle or Ranger) or High Alpha tunes depending on what else you need and how many slots you have left. You shouldn't actually need to do any higher tunes then that despite the lack of slots and the only time you should ever bend this rule is if you want to use the recent great ex cosmos AND you don't normally ex tune. Lastly, keep 1 str for Propeller bit.

I didn't list it in the builds because I didn't want to give examples that looked too hard to tune but I highly suggest tuning Crimson Veil on the legs if you can afford the materials or have Handa Cosmos. Another tune to consider is using Eternal on the HD, but only if you use Broad Radar. 15 cost for 15 HP and not losing your Broad Radar can be extremely valuable in a meta where flying into a art wall is death and you can last a long time with the OP support healers.

Core tune Guard Dash if you decide to get Air Loop or Accel Roll. Wonder Balancer is also great as well as Stun Supply and are definitely both things to aim for as soon as you can get them. Critical Attack and Back Protect are also worth while.

Carts:
Honestly you'll probably be better off getting Beam Guard instead of Quick Boost (which is what it shows on my guide thingy), they cost the same and you'll be in the air all year. Please for the love of god don't get Sword Guard, you shouldn't need it unless you're really bad. Don't follow lands into caves and don't go flying over a bunch of people when you don't have boost refills and nowhere to land. Given Aquila Girls job (fly around and circle lone lands or retarded artillery and try to go unnoticed in larger fights) Broad Radar is extremely good to get. I consider it practically mandatory, though opinions on this will differ. If you accidentally fly into an art wall... hell, even just the wrong one artillery, you're screwed. This will keep you safe, let you know how close you can get to a mass to blink at targets and find stragglers. Float Dash is more for quickly moving out of harms way if you get stunned to the ground as well as get away from melees that managed to get too close to you. Accel Roll and Air Loop are difficult to maintain without RT or stockpiling them and honestly if you're going to use them on anything, Aquila Girl doesn't feel like the thing to use it on. If you have them to spare all power to you, but if you're reading this you probably don't.

Get ready to riot in the streets, I'll update within a day or two with a guide for the free Sanae Higashihongan... or maybe I'll make it in a new thread so there can be discussion about that build/bot specifically.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kito.winterwing.com
AhegaoMaster
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Female Posts : 3335

PostSubject: Re: Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 3   Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 3 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 10:11 am

Kitouski wrote:
Carts:
Honestly you'll probably be better off getting Beam Guard instead of Quick Boost
Quick boost or go home
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 3   Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 3 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 10:52 am

quick boost is for arts
Back to top Go down
JinNJuice
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
JinNJuice

Male Posts : 449

PostSubject: Re: Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 3   Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 3 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 11:03 am

Would Quick Boost be good for Boost Run?
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

PostSubject: Re: Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 3   Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 3 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 11:23 am

Quote :
> Aquila Girl

JinNJuice wrote:
Would Quick Boost be good for Boost Run?

u w0t m8.

If this is a general question then the answer would be generally yes but it can depend.

If this is a question for Aquila Girl then the answer would be wat, don't get boost run on Aquila Girl plssir.

Almost want to see how that looks with the subweapon refill, boost run core tune and nothing but mobility stats for the lulz... but nopls staph none the less.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 3   Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 3 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 11:41 am

i tried once
she doesn't get it
Back to top Go down
AhegaoMaster
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

PostSubject: Re: Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 3   Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 3 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 1:34 pm

U r all nigs
Back to top Go down
Fuwakomoriya
Police Is Watching You
Police Is Watching You

Male Posts : 991

PostSubject: Re: Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 3   Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 3 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 2:04 pm

alpha route is possibility
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 3   Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 3 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 3:17 pm

for low budget builds I don't think there are many good parts unless they bring back chocopara.
Back to top Go down
AhegaoMaster
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

PostSubject: Re: Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 3   Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 3 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 5:16 pm

Winty wrote:
for low budget builds I don't think there are many good parts unless they bring back chocopara.
AG+ Aquia PARASOL, unless you want to be a noob and Evil halberd
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 3   Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 3 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 6:07 pm

that was in reference to shin talking about alpha builds.

obv aquapara will be good when it comes back but honestly why even use an AG at that point, an unpromoted crim will do you better.
Back to top Go down
AhegaoMaster
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

PostSubject: Re: Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 3   Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 3 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 6:15 pm

Winty wrote:
obv aquapara will be good when it comes back but honestly why even use an AG at that point, an unpromoted crim will do you better.
When AG runs out of ammo getting a few frags, they won't want to lose their score tho so aqua parasol is an option.
People do retarded things, it's only natural I guess.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 3   Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 3 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 6:41 pm

"it's only natural"
isn't this a guide to make people stop being retarded? Why make stupid suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

PostSubject: Re: Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 3   Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 3 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 7:38 pm

Winty wrote:
Winty wrote:
isn't this a guide to make people stop being retarded?

^ Pretty much this. You could put an Aqua Parasol on a Destructor and say you do good damage and tuned mobility but that would still be pretty absurd. It feels like the same would apply here.

...on that note I know in my previous guide thread I talked about Aqua Parasol (I need to edit it a little, Seraph build was a little retarded in some ways if I remember it right) and my favorite AIR with the thing is unpromoted Crimrose. Good amount of capa, no secondary gimmick to tear yourself between and cart Air Loop, doesn't get more budget convenient then that. Given it's making a comeback I'll probably update the thing and bump it.

Lunatic wrote:
unless you want to be a noob and Evil halberd

I think I've seen an AG with one once, but just once. Evil Halberd costs a lot to just slap onto a bot that has piss poor str, and if you don't tune her down to 1 you're wasting even more capa with less efficient tunes. I couldn't imagine the stats and health not completely sucking and even if it didn't it's a complete mix of ideas, what would you be even hitting? Another air? Might as well use Mini Bazooka then.

(I know you're clearly stating you're being silly with this one, but I like to be a paragraph-spam-fag explanations on things to point at when I tell someone their idea is bad and the information of why is out there. #ramble)
Back to top Go down
AhegaoMaster
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

PostSubject: Re: Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 3   Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 3 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 7:56 pm

Winty wrote:
"it's only natural"
isn't this a guide to make people stop being retarded? Why make stupid suggestions?
I'm not even suggesting it? No it's a guide to influence circle ranks to use AG in noob rooms because that's the only OP thing that they can use, not including garapon bots.
Back to top Go down
Sakura1
Crab
Crab

Female Posts : 5579

PostSubject: Re: Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 3   Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 3 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 8:38 pm

Bad winty u let ur emotions fly into it
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 3   Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 3 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 8:48 pm

Lunatic wrote:
I'm not even suggesting it? No it's a guide to influence circle ranks to use AG in noob rooms because that's the only OP thing that they can use, not including garapon bots.

nobody was talking about putting an aqua parasol on an AG until you mentioned it. Don't fucking try to act like you didn't bring this in. It was clearly a suggestion, you probably even thought it was good and are just trying to hide how fucking dumb you are by saying this shit now. Go back to spamming heal bubbles.
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

PostSubject: Re: Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 3   Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 3 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 9:26 pm

Lunatic wrote:
I'm not even suggesting it?
Lunatic wrote:
AG+ Aquia PARASOL, unless you want to be a noob and Evil halberd

...looks like you're pretty clearly implying that Aqua Parasol is a suggestion using Evil Halberd to contrast on what a noob weapon is. Either that or you accidentally'd your grammar.

Lunatic wrote:
No it's a guide to influence circle ranks to use AG in noob rooms because that's the only OP thing that they can use, not including garapon bots.

It's a guide to encourage players to try things that are more then valid and handed to them instead of bitch about things beyond their power. This is not the first one of these I made and I say this in every one (and every thread I step foot in somehow). Hardly anything I've written thus far is as hurr derr mode as Aquila Girl, yet 3.0 and below still fills with Compact Gatling, Brickgale BSing Viper Shield Aquila Girls; clearly they're in need of influencing unless you really think most new players are even using Aquila Girl right and they're "OP" on it even though I haven't heard Aquila Girl be called OP seriously in a long time regardless of whose hands she's in.
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

PostSubject: Re: Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 3   Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 3 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 10:03 pm

Not that I'm saying it is good, but some wiz crown (Zyana? His name starts with a Z) uses AG with AP l0l
Back to top Go down
AhegaoMaster
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

PostSubject: Re: Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 3   Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 3 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 11:11 pm

Winty wrote:
you probably even thought it was good and are just trying to hide how fucking dumb you are by saying this shit now

Calm the fuck down you little shit, I said it based on what I've seen in arena and based it off from there.

Winty wrote:
Go back to spamming heal bubbles.
I could, I just don't fucking want to.

Relict wrote:
Not that I'm saying it is good, but some wiz crown (Zyana? His name starts with a Z) uses AG with AP l0l
You probably mean Zynga that crown from WIZ
Back to top Go down
Wah~Sugoi
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Wah~Sugoi

Male Posts : 576

PostSubject: Re: Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 3   Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 3 EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 4:07 am

I'm circle ranked, please make more cheap gameplay guides cheers
P/s game is too H A R D #em3.5
Back to top Go down
AhegaoMaster
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

PostSubject: Re: Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 3   Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 3 EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 6:58 am

Lunatic wrote:
Winty wrote:
you probably even thought it was good and are just trying to hide how fucking dumb you are by saying this shit now

Calm the fuck down you little shit

Winty wrote:
Go back to spamming heal bubbles.
I could, I just don't fucking want to.

Relict wrote:
You probably mean Zynga that crown from WIZ
Back to top Go down
IceCream
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
IceCream

Male Posts : 206

PostSubject: Re: Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 3   Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 3 EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 7:03 am

please also create a guide to school kiriha .
Back to top Go down
dsp
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
dsp

PostSubject: Re: Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 3   Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 3 EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 12:38 pm

wow 2 pages in and noone suggested charging more root. that's new
Back to top Go down
Soarer
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Soarer

PostSubject: Re: Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 3   Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 3 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 10:50 pm

Sorry about the Necromancy. I'm here to comment on your AG build.

I noticed you went for 38FLY instead of 40TEC which puzzles me as she use her full boost to increase speed and refill her boost gauge. By dropping her FLY to just 31 to abuse her speed boost and to get enough capacity to tune 40TEC, she can do terrible terrible damage.

Like a wise man once said.

Soguru wrote:
40TEC or GTFO

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://www.hayashisora.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 3   Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 3
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next