Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Help me build my vanguard vencer :3.

Go down 
+5
MagicPotatoplz
Gerrion
Zwiebel Force
JadeCicada
+RedCobra+
9 posters
AuthorMessage
+RedCobra+
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
+RedCobra+

Male Posts : 1440

Help me build my vanguard vencer :3. Empty
PostSubject: Help me build my vanguard vencer :3.   Help me build my vanguard vencer :3. EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 8:28 am

at last i buy my vanguard vencer and i love it so much. but now still lacking mobility.
Spoiler:

so, any one can do more improvement this 2 slot vanguard fencer ?

i just need more boots at least 30 fly stat, with more boots longger lasting that mean i can run more distances as i wanted.

Last edited by Cobra76 on Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JadeCicada
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
JadeCicada

PostSubject: Re: Help me build my vanguard vencer :3.   Help me build my vanguard vencer :3. EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 8:44 am

FLY has no effect on boost duration, neither for actual flying nor for boost run. Its only impact is on the speed during flight, and some measure of impact on the speed during boost run. The duration of your boost gauge is entirely dependent on the class of bot in question - Airs have the largest boost gauge, followed by Arts (I believe I've been told they have a slightly longer boost gauge than the other two), then Lands and Sups. No amount of tuning or anything will affect your boost duration.

As such, if you want to maximize the effect of boost run, you probably want to maximize the speed it provides. That will get you the same net result as a longer boost gauge, which is more distance covered before you run out of boost. As far as maintaining boost to use boost run, that is more of an adaptational bit on the part of the pilot - you'll get used to it in the same vein as adjusting to boost management for FLY-based builds in general.

I'm going to borrow the chart from this guide for a moment: http://www.cosmicbreakfanforum.com/t7429-boost-run-short-boost-etc-etc-charts

Boost Run Chart:

To read this chart, the values down the left represent WLK values, while the values along the top represent FLY values. It is the combination of WLK and FLY that determines how fast you go during boost run - each time the color changes from stat increase, your speed is faster. For example, 34 WLK and 6 FLY is in the yellow, when boosted to 35 WLK and 6 FLY, it's in the orange, so that's a faster speed. The yellow/orange values that are in boxes tend to be common targets for builds.

If it isn't apparent from the chart, higher WLK values help a lot more readily than higher FLY values with regards to boost run. This isn't to say that a FLY-based Fencer is a horrid idea (I have no familiarity with their aerial comboing, and I believe someone once made a FLY-based Fencer too), but that if you're planning to go on the ground with boost run, you want to focus on improving your WLK to a higher point.
Back to top Go down
+RedCobra+
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
+RedCobra+

PostSubject: Re: Help me build my vanguard vencer :3.   Help me build my vanguard vencer :3. EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 9:06 am

JadeCicada wrote:
Airs have the largest boost gauge, followed by Arts .

i forgot about this importand thing.

but still gona try this hi fly build for boots run, because im so qurious what gona happen bounce ?

Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: Help me build my vanguard vencer :3.   Help me build my vanguard vencer :3. EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 9:08 am

The hart atually shows this: FLY isn't tat important on boost run, tune walk man :O
Back to top Go down
+RedCobra+
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
+RedCobra+

PostSubject: Re: Help me build my vanguard vencer :3.   Help me build my vanguard vencer :3. EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 9:12 am

http://www.cosmicbreakfanforum.com/t5828-uc-accel-saber-build

ok now i see why, because the walk stat give power to the boots gauges for land tipe only.

now i understand Boost run chart. study

im still noob tuning land moe / mecha because every day i play air tipe since i still newbies.

by the way here you go, fixed :
note ( my mighty bine HD only have 2 slot ).

Vanguard fencer Boots run mode :
Spoiler:

thank you explain every thing to me Very Happy .

Back to top Go down
Gerrion
Wild Molcar
Wild Molcar

Male Posts : 2218

PostSubject: Re: Help me build my vanguard vencer :3.   Help me build my vanguard vencer :3. EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 10:33 am

You still need 2 more wlk to get to the next boost run tier. You could switch a high power for a high run for that, and get to that breakpoint. Losing your 40 str might be a bad idea at start, but most players i know say that at this moment mobility should be taken care of first.
Back to top Go down
+RedCobra+
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
+RedCobra+

PostSubject: Shop Vanguard Fencer boots Run.   Help me build my vanguard vencer :3. EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 10:35 am

I wonder any one can give me a comment about my first build land mecha ?.
Spoiler:

im affraid i did something wrong to my first build, so please help me.

note : my mighty byne Hd only have 2 slot.
Back to top Go down
MagicPotatoplz
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

Male Posts : 898

PostSubject: Re: Help me build my vanguard vencer :3.   Help me build my vanguard vencer :3. EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 10:49 am

I've never built Fencer before, but...

Spoiler:

- It's not worth keeping 1 TEC on him
- 2x CV is a must
- Run tunes can be replaced with Tank tunes for more HP, but it's easier to tune Run on the third slot since they're 100% so I just put those there instead
- This build takes a lot less mats, is less cost, and has more leftover capacity
- The leftover capacity is for you to customize the carts you want, tune whatever you want on the sword, and use the rest for switching Run tunes to Tank tunes
- People usually do not tune TGH when they have CV tuned; more/harder stuns = more of a chance for CV to proc, and CV is better than TGH
- Stun Regain no longer works when CV is activated, so there's less of a reason to use Stun Regain
- There is no way to get a 1slot Mini Ivis
- This build has the same Boost Run speed as your build (33 WLK, 1 FLY vs 33 WLK, 5 FLY)
Back to top Go down
Electric
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Electric

Female Posts : 150

PostSubject: Re: Help me build my vanguard vencer :3.   Help me build my vanguard vencer :3. EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 10:50 am

you dont need 40 str if you're a vanguard, prioritize mobility and tgh over str. 33 wlk is hardly enough. get some hp if you can fit it.
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

PostSubject: Re: Help me build my vanguard vencer :3.   Help me build my vanguard vencer :3. EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 11:14 am

Topics merged.
Back to top Go down
Axanael
[SKELETOR]
Axanael

Male Posts : 1319

PostSubject: Re: Help me build my vanguard vencer :3.   Help me build my vanguard vencer :3. EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 12:51 pm

It's easier to aim for the 38/1 Boostrun Breakpoint because you get orange tier while being able to dunk Fly, which the minimum you should have is 1 anyways.

edit*

idk:

38/1 Orange Tier Boost Run, especially because I'm assuming you don't own a Jet Accel BS or a Muffler Jet BS for dashing, more HP so you don't get fried by Airs so easily, CV for rushing, and all the parts I used are either UC or can be found as RT shop.
Back to top Go down
+RedCobra+
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
+RedCobra+

PostSubject: Re: Help me build my vanguard vencer :3.   Help me build my vanguard vencer :3. EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 3:53 pm

Solo_Ace wrote:
38/1 Orange Tier Boost Run, especially because I'm assuming you don't own a Jet Accel BS or a Muffler Jet BS for dashing, more HP so you don't get fried by Airs so easily, CV for rushing, and all the parts I used are either UC or can be found as RT shop.

yes, i dont have jet accel bs or muffler jet bs, im fokus in mobility and keep the tgh low at least 10 or more, because more lower tgh that mean Cv more easy to active when we are stuned.

and, i really shock to hear that stun regain not work any more with Cv, at least now im understand why. Shocked

too bad.

thank you every one, now i get a lot of thing to learn from this. study

Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Help me build my vanguard vencer :3.   Help me build my vanguard vencer :3. EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 5:05 pm

Solo_Ace wrote:

edit*

idk:

Literally Solo_Ace's build with High Glad changed to Great Grappler and Assault Step added. Aside from that, his setup looks the best and closely mirrors what I'm making too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help me build my vanguard vencer :3.   Help me build my vanguard vencer :3. Empty

Back to top Go down

Help me build my vanguard vencer :3.
Page 1 of 1