Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is the best robot build on a budget?

Go down 
+6
+RedCobra+
Magna.Zero
Zwiebel Force
Trill
ngelicdark
reaper64
10 posters
AuthorMessage
reaper64
reaper64

What is the best robot build on a budget? Empty
PostSubject: What is the best robot build on a budget?   What is the best robot build on a budget? EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 9:24 pm

I keep seeing very OP robots, such as Ivis, but I really do not know what robot is very versatile in terms of countering the OP robots.

Unfourtunately, I am running on a budget. A VERY tight budget. Here's the situation.

Maximum Available UC: 50000
Maximum Available Rt: 30
Cost of robot must be under the un-upgraded capacity of the newly bought robot, otherwise state minimum level needed for build.
Cannot rely on Garapons - too unpredictable!

Under these criterion, what is the best build?
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

Female Posts : 936

PostSubject: Re: What is the best robot build on a budget?   What is the best robot build on a budget? EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 9:33 pm

Eh? Build under 50k? Good luck o.O Not counting what mats you want.

Best thing to ask is, what do you enjoy playing? What do you already have? You have to give us more information.

Last edited by ngelicdark on Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: What is the best robot build on a budget?   What is the best robot build on a budget? EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 9:39 pm

Buy nothing from the shop. Buy what you'll need from bazaar or hunt for it yourself.

Spoiler:

I can't help but wonder what perfect bot you'd expect people to find for you. Cheaper than 90% of the bots in the shop, versetile in countering all types, and not even leveled.

This is barebones as hell and it'll probably still go over your price range.

Spoiler:

Side untuned, this is probably as cheap as it'll get.
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: What is the best robot build on a budget?   What is the best robot build on a budget? EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 10:18 pm

If you're an UC player please make sure to ave loads of ingame money, because dem Rt player use loads of IRL money (I dun count because with my performance in the arena I'm more like a very moe looking hippo o 3o). Also get whatever Rt item you can get (Slot protties from UW campaigns and the like), Aile-chan is your waifu!
Back to top Go down
Magna.Zero
Master Poster
Master Poster
Magna.Zero

Male Posts : 2895

PostSubject: Re: What is the best robot build on a budget?   What is the best robot build on a budget? EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 10:31 pm

Level a Crim to Level 10.

Then save some UC.

Then buy a Seraph Promo.

Create a Seraph.

Needs some money and time 'though.

or just wait for the bazaar, and buy Seraph Crimrose BD Gamma (summer version)

She can fly, she has wings that can weaken homing weapons' tracking system.

Needs some UC 'though, and works with common UC weapons like Limited/Plasma Gun or Ballista Shooter.

Man, I wish I can sell those SP Promo that had been stacking too much in my garage.
Back to top Go down
+RedCobra+
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
+RedCobra+

Male Posts : 1440

PostSubject: Re: What is the best robot build on a budget?   What is the best robot build on a budget? EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 11:39 pm

reaper64 wrote:
I keep seeing very OP robots, such as Ivis, but I really do not know what robot is very versatile in terms of countering the OP robots.

Unfourtunately, I am running on a budget. A VERY tight budget. Here's the situation.

Maximum Available UC: 50000
Maximum Available Rt: 30
Cost of robot must be under the un-upgraded capacity of the newly bought robot, otherwise state minimum level needed for build.
Cannot rely on Garapons - too unpredictable!

Under these criterion, what is the best build?

Get more Rt from Freee offer, just wacht a video or play a facebook games inside that free offer.

i hope this can help you.
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

Male Posts : 1054

PostSubject: Re: What is the best robot build on a budget?   What is the best robot build on a budget? EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 1:37 am

People telling you that you need more RT is bullcrap. You just need to have a good handle on what you're doing.

Use a Tengu core, get a Stardust Canon, kill every LND it sounds like you have trouble with. Gwaiyan, Geograsis AIR and Garulabird are also good cores, but not within your budget. They're in shop though, so no gambling risks. If you can't get three slot, just use a two. You can get 2s from UC garapons, but I'm sure you can get them stupid cheap during bazaar, just keep your eyes pealed or ask for them... some people have so many they probably don't have time to put them in their shop... hell, find me on during bazaar and I'll give you a few in case you break the first couple. As long as you don't derp, pretty much guaranteed to screw up every single LND. If you can't tune the Eagles, just tune to 38 fly. Pretty much the tried and true anti-LND build, been top tier crap since the game started. You don't need more RT or tons of everything to make this build work.

Spoiler:

If that's not your speed and you want more of a LND, hoppers is probably the best way for you to go. There's really nothing melee based within your budget, and honestly not much is outside of garapon nowadays. If you're any good with hopping (which takes some practice, forgive me if this stuff is kindergarten to you, can't gauge how long you've been playing) Pawnger and Lazflamme are stupid easy to get, cheap and amazing hoppers. Just make sure to get Short Boost, Quick Land and Quick Jump. Tune high walk, make sure to use your high mobility to stay away from melees and hop to make you borderline unhittable. Magnums in general and Handy Zook are the way to go. If you can tune the weapon, always tune for more speed. Build Arm AMs and Ace Braver LGs are great parts for this build, but Froglander parts make the cut too. Just aim for high wlk, tgh and tec are bonuses.

Nicole Malice is still a pain in the balls and a 1s version is in shop now... replace all of her parts that can be replaced with 3s parts and tune the ones that can't be replaced. If you fail, junk her, rebuild her, and try again so you never have to worry about broken slots that are undetatchable. Pick Short Boost or Float Dash and tune a movement speed of your choice. If you ever tune health tunes like Tank or Eagle, make sure to do those tunes first, and then tunes like Run or Fly last, because those have a 100% success rate. This will minimize how many parts you lose to tune failure before making a successful part.

I can list a million other things if you like... just say what you like to play and what you're aiming for, truth be told you don't need to "pay2win", but you certainly have limited options if you're on a budget... and honestly, half of the community will tell you something stupid like IVIS RESHA ERIS FAGG ERYWAR OR GTFO NUB, LOL ONLY WAY TO PLAY. Yea, no. There's no golden single build I can recommend, but there's plenty of high tier stuff you can make or start on in your budget, without it requiring more RT, and instead maybe more tunes or UC then you have at the immediate moment.

Last edited by Kitouski on Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.kito.winterwing.com
Gerrion
Wild Molcar
Wild Molcar

Male Posts : 2218

PostSubject: Re: What is the best robot build on a budget?   What is the best robot build on a budget? EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 4:44 am

Kitouski said both Lnds and Airs. Regarding arts, there are some good ideas around: 3S ballistic Launcher (they drop aplenty from the cheap uc gara), Zook Alpha with greinaut arms (while the M standard bazooka is the best, the 3S handy bazookas are easy to get, and the greinaut arms come from the cheap uc gara too) or, if you have rt, a Lily Rain Majalis from the shop, as she's a solid S Art unit imo.

I've noticed that many of the builds, while solid, disobey one or two of your standards. That's, in my opinion, because the investment you're willing to give for your unit is low. You could first prioritize on building half a build with mobility taken care of first, and then build the rest of the upgrades once you have more funds.

Always plan to plan to invest to the top, but with stages so that your goals don't become impossible-like Wink
Back to top Go down
XiaoFu
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
XiaoFu

PostSubject: Re: What is the best robot build on a budget?   What is the best robot build on a budget? EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 6:31 am

I wish to redirect you here: http://www.cosmicbreakfanforum.com/t9266-5-30-useful-non-gara-resources

Damn it, suguri doko?
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: What is the best robot build on a budget?   What is the best robot build on a budget? EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 8:14 am

Ah yeah I forgot all that build.

If you want a good ART core in shop, amateus nova is there, dug driver, gun arms mod, albatreos, genbura. You can find builds with them using each others' parts (dug driver ams were very good for alpha arts).

AURA air bot combo of Seiron+Suzeku also both in shops, are also available if a spice of life is something that's your thing (AURA can be fun to play with at first).

Just stay away from the moes in the shop. That's just gimpage on gimpage.
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

PostSubject: Re: What is the best robot build on a budget?   What is the best robot build on a budget? EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 10:40 am

XiaoFu wrote:
Damn it, suguri doko?

Horrified at the abundance of these shit topics and shit posters these days.
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: What is the best robot build on a budget?   What is the best robot build on a budget? EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 3:24 pm

There was a reason why I would advert my guide in my signature when I was still very active (and still do because some very basic questions are being asked zz).

Some things never change.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is the best robot build on a budget?   What is the best robot build on a budget? Empty

Back to top Go down

What is the best robot build on a budget?
Page 1 of 1