Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Custom Boss Battles

Go down 
+4
BARILLIAN
Gerrion
S074
reaper64
8 posters
AuthorMessage
reaper64
reaper64

Custom Boss Battles Empty
PostSubject: Custom Boss Battles   Custom Boss Battles EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 2:46 pm

Yeah, you heard me right. Our OWN boss battles? Well, yes! If we have a stage creator, wouldn't it be cool if we also have a boss creator?

It would involve using parts from CB existence, even ones from existing bosses, customizing them, then putting them together, and finally destroying the boss. Like Stage Creator, after we put the boss in any of our created levels, we can fight them.

Of course, you don't come out empty handed if you manage to defeat the boss. You will get UC and Rank Points (or whatever they're called) and hopefully Rt, depending on how hard the boss is.

The amount of UC and Rank Points are determined by the COST of the robot.

Say if I created a boss with 1500 Cost, then beat it. I would be rewarded with the following:

1500 UC
150 Rank Points

and/or 15 Rt?

Simply put, the greater the COST, the greater the rewards.

Also, if its not too much to ask, if the boss can be featured, the UC payout is multiplied by 10, and Rank Points doubled.

Now, who's with me?
Back to top Go down
S074
S074

PostSubject: Re: Custom Boss Battles   Custom Boss Battles EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 5:15 am

Well, actually I like the idea (this game is severely lacking in terms of missions and bosses, and but on the contrary sports an awesome and constantly growing customization system in terms of usable parts for the bots).

Unfortunately I also think it's easier said than done.
Making effective bosses will probably require a good amount of scripting to work properly, aside from charging at you and firing the weapon they have like a common arcantus monster.

That said, assuming such a thing possible, the idea in itself isn't bad at all, but I'm not sure cost can be effectively used as a way to gauge the reward.

So, to expand your idea even more, a boss editor, combined with a streamlined level editor could do wonders to extend the PvE side of this game, I think.

Levels and bosses could be submitted in a "Testing Area" of sorts. New missions could be played and rated by the users by "plot - gameplay, difficulty etc" during the first month they have been uploaded.

The highest ranking ones at the end of each month could be then picked and evaluated by CS and evventually promoted to real missions. The amount and kind of rewards could then be decided by CS after an internal evaluation.

The game could grow, the playerbase could be involved in the expansion of the game world and CS would have just to evaluate the best missions each month to expand their game, instead of creating new missions from scratch.
Back to top Go down
Gerrion
Wild Molcar
Wild Molcar

Male Posts : 2218

PostSubject: Re: Custom Boss Battles   Custom Boss Battles EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 5:38 am

To be honest, although the idea is indeed cool, remember that players once had to battle for 200 rt on Lurking Evil, a dungeon full of horrible dangers and that took a lot of time preparing and actually finishing it at the time (even Eris/Resha players, who had an advantage at the time, had a hard time too). And including a rt prize on a mission will certainly lead to mass spamming from the veteran players.

Also, doing a boss with 1500 cost is a bad idea. Lurking Evil gave 5k Battle points to each player who entered. That's a total of 25000 cost distributed by 5 players. Doing a boss with 1500 cost against such odds would do no good, as the BP limit cannot prohibit the robot use with higher cost on said mission.

In other words, using solely player parts/tunes/weapons on bosses might work for easy levels, but if you want something challenging, you'll have to think "out of the box". From a 100k hit point pool to OHKO abilities, including things that players themselves cannot do.

Also, i'd advise building more on percentages than on certain rt. For exemple, 25k cost can give 25% of 5 rts once the mission is cleared. And i say percentages because, let's face it, CS would never give rt on such easy terms (unless it's the monthly rt or special campaigns).

With that said, may the brainstorm begin (not adding anything yet because i'm in a bad place to do bosses from scratch; maybe tomorrow).
Back to top Go down
BARILLIAN
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Custom Boss Battles   Custom Boss Battles EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 5:18 pm

Stage name: "HELP IM BEING CHASED BY BIRDS"
Stage enemies: Crowske Unit x40
Boss: Raven Skelter (Big) x1
Boss abilities: Pursuit on, summons two Crowske units, used every two seconds
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Custom Boss Battles   Custom Boss Battles EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 7:05 pm

BARILLIAN wrote:
Stage name: "HELP IM BEING CHASED BY BIRDS"
Stage enemies: Crowske Unit x40
Boss: Raven Skelter (Big) x1
Boss abilities: Pursuit on, summons two Crowske units, used every two seconds

Rouche would break this v:
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

PostSubject: Re: Custom Boss Battles   Custom Boss Battles EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 1:00 am

Eris Rush.
Back to top Go down
Rai-Rai
Thoarla Nimbus
Thoarla Nimbus

Male Posts : 37

PostSubject: Re: Custom Boss Battles   Custom Boss Battles EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 2:22 pm

Heh I'm bored so why not contribute

Mission
Light vs. Dark! Bring order to CHAOS!
Spoiler:
Quest-Basagant
Final Battle! vs. the Ark of Divinity!
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
That_Wiesel_Guy
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
That_Wiesel_Guy

Male Posts : 4551

PostSubject: Re: Custom Boss Battles   Custom Boss Battles EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 4:53 pm

Stage name: SIEG HEIL
Stage enemies: rows of crocodaggers with lios lgj and one machintlet arm
Boss: Suguri
Back to top Go down
reaper64
reaper64

PostSubject: Re: Custom Boss Battles   Custom Boss Battles EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 6:58 pm

Gerrion wrote:
To be honest, although the idea is indeed cool, remember that players once had to battle for 200 rt on Lurking Evil, a dungeon full of horrible dangers and that took a lot of time preparing and actually finishing it at the time (even Eris/Resha players, who had an advantage at the time, had a hard time too). And including a rt prize on a mission will certainly lead to mass spamming from the veteran players.

Also, doing a boss with 1500 cost is a bad idea. Lurking Evil gave 5k Battle points to each player who entered. That's a total of 25000 cost distributed by 5 players. Doing a boss with 1500 cost against such odds would do no good, as the BP limit cannot prohibit the robot use with higher cost on said mission.

In other words, using solely player parts/tunes/weapons on bosses might work for easy levels, but if you want something challenging, you'll have to think "out of the box". From a 100k hit point pool to OHKO abilities, including things that players themselves cannot do.

Also, i'd advise building more on percentages than on certain rt. For exemple, 25k cost can give 25% of 5 rts once the mission is cleared. And i say percentages because, let's face it, CS would never give rt on such easy terms (unless it's the monthly rt or special campaigns).

With that said, may the brainstorm begin (not adding anything yet because i'm in a bad place to do bosses from scratch; maybe tomorrow).

No, no, not 1500 cost for the players! I am talking about the total cost of all the parts that make up the boss!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Custom Boss Battles   Custom Boss Battles Empty

Back to top Go down

Custom Boss Battles
Page 1 of 1