Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A few questions about Arena battles

Go down 
+5
Kryojenix
NumeroDoS
Kauhava
Suguri
Zwiebel Force
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

A few questions about Arena battles Empty
PostSubject: A few questions about Arena battles   A few questions about Arena battles EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 6:06 pm

I hope asking these questions won't make me have my comming out as a complete retart, but I don't wanna be a burden to anyone or even worse cause them loosing, so here I go :3

1 First of all: what robots are common for those battles? Right now my commando looks like this:

1. Shino Exroad Lv.1 With a Grenade, Sub-Machinegun and Dual Lance Bit. All other parts are still the originals. I'm still a little clumsy with her in close combat (I prefer using her Grenade weapon anyway), but I guess I can't help that until I got some LV-ups and can increase her costs so she can wield better legs...

2. Winberrl Lv.2 with a Saucer, Electron Gun and Dual Spike Bit. I didn't modify the other parts of any of robots yet (I rarely find those o-o) I just used two Cost+ cartridges on her for better weapons. I'm a little insecure if I should use her in arena fights at all? Maybe I should stick to support and use Repair bits instead?

3. Lily Rain Lv.3 with two Mini Bazookas and a Dual Missile Wonderbit. She's got two cost+ and one core weapon+ cartridges <---Is this any good? xD

2nd Question: what benefits do I get by participating in Arena battles (except for fun of course =D)? I believe this was mentioned in the Tutorial, but that was ages ago 0.0"

3rd Question: I watched a few battles so far and up until now no1 seemed to use a mic - mine got actually broken just a few weeks b4 and until now I didn't bother to buy a new one - should I? xD

Thanks in advance <3
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: A few questions about Arena battles   A few questions about Arena battles EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 6:30 pm

1. You've got a pretty solid commando, the bots themselves just need some work. Try using accelguns on Shino (do NOT touch her legs >:(), accelgun + micro zooka on winberyl with either repair bits or burst fire bits, and swap Lily's arms for Misside arms when you get some.

2. Items, UC, exp, and if you do well, cosmos points for your related union.

3. idk
Back to top Go down
Kauhava
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Kauhava

Male Posts : 135

PostSubject: Re: A few questions about Arena battles   A few questions about Arena battles EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 6:53 pm

Eight Vulcans and Red Squealer AMs work wonders on Shinos.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: A few questions about Arena battles   A few questions about Arena battles EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 6:56 pm

Kauhava wrote:
Eight Vulcans and Red Squealer AMs work wonders on Shinos.
Right, forgot Shino is L-size.

Listen to this man.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A few questions about Arena battles   A few questions about Arena battles EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 7:11 pm

Zwiebel Force wrote:
I hope asking these questions won't make me have my comming out as a complete retart, but I don't wanna be a burden to anyone or even worse cause them loosing, so here I go :3

1 First of all: what robots are common for those battles? Right now my commando looks like this:

1. Shino Exroad Lv.1 With a Grenade, Sub-Machinegun and Dual Lance Bit. All other parts are still the originals. I'm still a little clumsy with her in close combat (I prefer using her Grenade weapon anyway), but I guess I can't help that until I got some LV-ups and can increase her costs so she can wield better legs...

2. Winberrl Lv.2 with a Saucer, Electron Gun and Dual Spike Bit. I didn't modify the other parts of any of robots yet (I rarely find those o-o) I just used two Cost+ cartridges on her for better weapons. I'm a little insecure if I should use her in arena fights at all? Maybe I should stick to support and use Repair bits instead?

3. Lily Rain Lv.3 with two Mini Bazookas and a Dual Missile Wonderbit. She's got two cost+ and one core weapon+ cartridges <---Is this any good? xD

2nd Question: what benefits do I get by participating in Arena battles (except for fun of course =D)? I believe this was mentioned in the Tutorial, but that was ages ago 0.0"

3rd Question: I watched a few battles so far and up until now no1 seemed to use a mic - mine got actually broken just a few weeks b4 and until now I didn't bother to buy a new one - should I? xD

Thanks in advance <3
1. Helingal is better if you don't want to risk being at the frontline with Shino, since she's big and an easy target. Get your Winberrl with 2 zookas or any guns you like, and get used to burst firing, also change her bit to rapid fire or repair depending on the stage. Your Lily just needs the wonder bit changed to dual rifle, missile wonder bits are bad.

2. You can get basically the middle from other two modes, you get robot exp, rank exp, and some times rare items. You need to have good scores if you want more of those, though.

3. No, radio commands are enough. Nobody use voice chat in game, sadly.
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

PostSubject: Re: A few questions about Arena battles   A few questions about Arena battles EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 7:47 pm

Oh my so much help so fast *.* Thx guys

I look at thos accelerated guns in the shop but their range seems a little low, I'm not sure if that would correspond with my play style especially with shino: she's moving pretty fast and I started with Lily Rain and singing turtle Marill March Trill, I'm not sure if I could handle her without a good ranged weapon, but I'll still try, she's a LND unit after all xD

Uh! Another question here: where do I find those Red Squealer AMs? There's no bot lik that i the shop, not even in the Garapon sections?

Back to top Go down
NumeroDoS
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
NumeroDoS

Male Posts : 705

PostSubject: Re: A few questions about Arena battles   A few questions about Arena battles EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 9:27 pm

Red Squealer AMs can be gotten as random Arena awards.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: A few questions about Arena battles   A few questions about Arena battles EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 9:46 pm

NumeroDoS wrote:
Or, more easily, as a drop from Arcantus.
Back to top Go down
Kryojenix

PostSubject: Re: A few questions about Arena battles   A few questions about Arena battles EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 12:24 am

Suguri wrote:
NumeroDoS wrote:
Or, more easily, as a drop from Arcantus.

+1

I got plenty from there.
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

PostSubject: Re: A few questions about Arena battles   A few questions about Arena battles EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 6:34 am

I tried out Arena Battles with the builds you've suggested and lost my virginity then I tried the builds I'm used to...and got raped :=

I guess I need to go to Arcantus again @_@
Back to top Go down
reiya
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
reiya

PostSubject: Re: A few questions about Arena battles   A few questions about Arena battles EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 8:12 am

hmm, i'm not a pro here but i'd like to help people out.

1. Like what many have said, shino with red squealers AM are good. I'm using her with this build at the moment. And what i'd usually do is to either go from the back to the enemy's base or straight into their PS where everyone else is healing (avoiding/ignoring strays) and raise hell there by punching the hell out of anything and everything. Sadly the melee system doesnt target what i'd want to target so it takes awhile to get used to it. I'd usually die after raising hell but i'd either get a kill or 2 if i'm luckier 3 - 5 kills and my team just picks everything else off.

The thing with this shino build is that it allows you to punch air with your melee attacks (not many bots have melee that is able to target air) and if they are stunned, they drop down for more punishment =3

Your windberryl - i have no comments on this because i play her like a healer. Healing bits and randomly running around, using her draw guns (AM weapon) to draw people in and bind them then run out.

As for Lily Rain, there are a couple of guides around and even suguri has suggested, misside arms. For the cartridges, that's what i got for her as well. The internal core upgrade is well, passable if you want but i'd get it. A good way for lily (because she is an S sized bot) is to up her FLY and TEC stat and you'll have a flying ART moving about and raining hell on AIRs or anyone else. I've seen lilies with i think 20+ or 30 FLY around. It's irritating enough trying to hit them while they bombard me T_T

2. like everyone said already. lol. stuff stuff and more stuff. most importantly, robo parts =3

3. nope. as wad cori said.
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

PostSubject: Re: A few questions about Arena battles   A few questions about Arena battles EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 9:09 pm

I appreciate all your support guys <3

I just got some Red Squealer LGs and instantly equipped on Shino...I'm not sure yet if my sense of esthetic allows me to pilot a bot like that Shocked ...but I guess Arena fights are ugly anyways xD

About passing Lili's core upgrades: HELL NO! It's so convenient to use auto-aiming weapons. I'm just a little afraid the last upgrade (Blast Guard) won't allow me to make her one of those flying Lilies (at least until I got enuff UC to remove first LV cap x3) for no she can't even equip two Mini Bazookas and needs 2 wear one of those unfashionable Muskets @_@

I guess I stil got a looong way to go here >,<"

EDIT: Oh I actually gave Lili one of those cutter thingies, walk+ is never wrong o3o"
Back to top Go down
NumeroDoS
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
NumeroDoS

Male Posts : 705

PostSubject: Re: A few questions about Arena battles   A few questions about Arena battles EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 9:19 pm

If you can, farm Lily some Micro/Handy Bazookas for a better performance.

Micro Bazooka - Gigan Busters Normal (Not sure if this drops on lower difficulties)
Handy Bazooka - Arcantus (Not sure which area/enemy)
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: A few questions about Arena battles   A few questions about Arena battles EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 10:32 pm

NumeroDoS wrote:

Micro Bazooka - Gigan Busters Normal (Not sure if this drops on lower difficulties)
Handy Bazooka - Arcantus (Not sure which area/enemy)
I got my Micro Zookas from both Starcluster and Ouka missions, so I'm pretty sure they drop from all of them.

Handy Bazookas unfortunately don't exist anymore.

Zwiebel Force wrote:
I appreciate all your support guys <3

I just got some Red Squealer LGs and instantly equipped on Shino...I'm not sure yet if my sense of esthetic allows me to pilot a bot like that Shocked ...but I guess Arena fights are ugly anyways xD

About passing Lili's core upgrades: HELL NO! It's so convenient to use auto-aiming weapons. I'm just a little afraid the last upgrade (Blast Guard) won't allow me to make her one of those flying Lilies (at least until I got enuff UC to remove first LV cap x3) for no she can't even equip two Mini Bazookas and needs 2 wear one of those unfashionable Muskets @_@

I guess I stil got a looong way to go here >,<"

EDIT: Oh I actually gave Lili one of those cutter thingies, walk+ is never wrong o3o"
You want Red Squealer AMs, not LGs. I don't know if the legs are any good or not, but I'm fairly certain Shino's LG is better. You want the arms because they have a powerful, long-range punch that can even punch airborne bots.

I honestly don't know if it's really worth it or not, but both of lily's core weapons are weak to begin with. They probably don't get much better with upgrades, and you're spending 30-40 cost with each upgrade (don't know the exact number for lily). Hell, you might even take both core upgrades just to find you spent 80 cost for a bit more range and ammo with no change to damage. And blast guard is something you definitely want, taking half damage from explosives is HUGE.

Don't use a cutter on Lily, by the way. Cutters are terrible, arts are terrible with melee. Combining the two is twice as terrible.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: A few questions about Arena battles   A few questions about Arena battles EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 11:16 pm

IF you really want to swap out shino's legs,swap it out for BYNE's or ACCEL SABER's(easier attack)
since you have 2 spare hands,i would recommend a 8-Vulcan(i have no idea how to get one) or a Bazooka (strip it from steel rider)
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: A few questions about Arena battles   A few questions about Arena battles EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 11:36 pm

Nisa wrote:
i would recommend a 8-Vulcan(i have no idea how to get one)
They drop like candy in Arcantus, in all areas.
Back to top Go down
reiya
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
reiya

PostSubject: Re: A few questions about Arena battles   A few questions about Arena battles EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 12:15 am

8-vulcan either you farm it on arcantus or missions.

i got 2 from arcantus =3
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

PostSubject: Re: A few questions about Arena battles   A few questions about Arena battles EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 12:46 pm

I defintely need to use othe LGs for Shino since I just can't control the originals, I guess I won't use L-Sizes in the Arena anymore (horrible to dodge with them imo xD).

I got another question here that's not about bots: today I fought at Temple Site for the very first time and I got killed twice in a row b/c I fell down - are there any other maps like that? I mran with dangerous ground or something? I alrdy found out about some maps with restricted view (I rly need to get a stealth system cartridge o-o) but I never heard of deadly ground b4 affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A few questions about Arena battles   A few questions about Arena battles EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 12:49 pm

Zwiebel Force wrote:
I defintely need to use othe LGs for Shino since I just can't control the originals, I guess I won't use L-Sizes in the Arena anymore (horrible to dodge with them imo xD).

I got another question here that's not about bots: today I fought at Temple Site for the very first time and I got killed twice in a row b/c I fell down - are there any other maps like that? I mran with dangerous ground or something? I alrdy found out about some maps with restricted view (I rly need to get a stealth system cartridge o-o) but I never heard of deadly ground b4 affraid
King Colosseum have few dead pits. Can't recall any other than that.
Back to top Go down
reiya
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
reiya

PostSubject: Re: A few questions about Arena battles   A few questions about Arena battles EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 1:11 pm

hmmm. i don't remember any. as long as the ground is white and not other color (water/lava/or whatever) it's a dead pit. lol.

about shino LGs, true that you can't control it but it's the same for squaler AMs or most melee weapons *sigh* they don't allow you to target what you want to target. Problem with red squealer AMs are that the punch homes in on the closest (i think) hostile unit to you. So even if you see a destructor running away and a jikun runs beside you, you'll most prolly target and punch the jikun instead. also, melee attacks combos all ur main weapons together (so i've heard, someone correct me on this)

oh, i dun think there are other better LGs for shino (+1 STR and +4 WLK and +1 TGH) aside from Red Squealer LG (+1 STR -1TEC +3 WLK and +2 TGH) though i'd take shino LG cos i wan to walk a little faster LOL. but i think there are better LG that i do not know of or haven gotten yet..

*looks at forum people*
Back to top Go down
Divinity
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Divinity

Male Posts : 262

PostSubject: Re: A few questions about Arena battles   A few questions about Arena battles EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 1:33 pm

Melee attacks combos all of your sub weapons.

I think that the Shino LG 2 (The one from Shino Exroad Beta) is better, since the stats are the same, but the attack is easier to control.^^
And Shino LGs also allow you to use 1 more booster, thats another plus.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cosmicbreak.com/commu/?m=pc&a=page_f_home&tar
reiya
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
reiya

PostSubject: Re: A few questions about Arena battles   A few questions about Arena battles EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 1:54 pm

ah so sorry. mistaken melee for main weapon. it's sub. thanks for correcting me ^^;

but shino beta is garapon which equals RT dunno if he's willing to charge..
Back to top Go down
Divinity
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Divinity

Male Posts : 262

PostSubject: Re: A few questions about Arena battles   A few questions about Arena battles EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 7:04 pm

Ah well, all those who tried the Ouka garapon will have tons of Betas...

Then I guess that he should just try to learn Shino LG1, or switch to a smaller LND.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cosmicbreak.com/commu/?m=pc&a=page_f_home&tar
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

PostSubject: Re: A few questions about Arena battles   A few questions about Arena battles EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 8:58 am

Divinity wrote:
...Then I guess that he should just try to learn Shino LG1, or switch to a smaller LND.

I actually thought of doing that, but I'm insecure about which LND Type is any good? I got Jikun Long as a reward for LV-up and a I saw a lot of those Jikuns running around, however her costs are insanely high and prevent her from euipping any good weapons. Maybe I should try out Jikun Hu? Or even a Misty? Which LND type is recommended for a nub player? 0_0'
Back to top Go down
ico251
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: A few questions about Arena battles   A few questions about Arena battles EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 9:07 am

Zwiebel Force wrote:
Jikuns running around, however her costs are insanely high and prevent her from euipping any good weapons.
that's when you switch parts, i.e. I'm now testing a Jikun/Frog Lander hybrid
When you only switch Jikun arms, see:
Jikun AM, cost +30
Frog Lander AM, cost +5
by changing both arms your WLK would drop by -4, 21 to 17, but you probably won't even notice a difference and you get 50 cost to spare
you don't need to bother with spec too much, it has minimal effect, much more effective is to choose the parts that suit you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A few questions about Arena battles   A few questions about Arena battles Empty

Back to top Go down

A few questions about Arena battles
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next