Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[WIP] General Guide to Alpha Striking

Go down 
+13
Pennicandies
XiaoFu
KidGlitch
LS3
Relict?
fggt
Seraphcrim
Winty
Magna.Zero
Ryuuichiro
zerocl
RaiKage_Vermell :3
Suguri
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

[WIP] General Guide to Alpha Striking - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [WIP] General Guide to Alpha Striking   [WIP] General Guide to Alpha Striking - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 4:24 pm

Ah, yes, there we go. How silly of me to forget overranging.

I'll add that in a bit.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] General Guide to Alpha Striking   [WIP] General Guide to Alpha Striking - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 5:15 pm

i wanted to make this but you did it first so I guess I'll just stick to random contributions
Back to top Go down
Pennicandies
Pennicandies

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] General Guide to Alpha Striking   [WIP] General Guide to Alpha Striking - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 8:19 am

>Nothing in this guide about Alpha Striking with Sub Weapons.
0/10 would not recommend
[WIP] General Guide to Alpha Striking - Page 2 1299389901210
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] General Guide to Alpha Striking   [WIP] General Guide to Alpha Striking - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 9:58 am

Pennicandies wrote:
>Nothing in this guide about Alpha Striking with Sub Weapons.
0/10 would not recommend
[WIP] General Guide to Alpha Striking - Page 2 1299389901210

oh god
i remember this
i'm die send he;lp
Back to top Go down
KidGlitch
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
KidGlitch

Male Posts : 1703

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] General Guide to Alpha Striking   [WIP] General Guide to Alpha Striking - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 12:06 pm

Please tell me that's a joke build.
Back to top Go down
LS3
[ Girls Generation ]
LS3

Male Posts : 1034

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] General Guide to Alpha Striking   [WIP] General Guide to Alpha Striking - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 1:36 pm

KidGlitch wrote:
Please tell me that's a joke build.

It used to be very OP in the early days, you could probably game warrior with it even now.
Back to top Go down
KidGlitch
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
KidGlitch

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] General Guide to Alpha Striking   [WIP] General Guide to Alpha Striking - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 2:05 pm

You're kidding...
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] General Guide to Alpha Striking   [WIP] General Guide to Alpha Striking - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 2:27 pm

it was made to make fun of the building habits of a certain player
Back to top Go down
KidGlitch
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
KidGlitch

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] General Guide to Alpha Striking   [WIP] General Guide to Alpha Striking - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 2:38 pm

This person would be... who?
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] General Guide to Alpha Striking   [WIP] General Guide to Alpha Striking - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 2:42 pm

nerdtitan

Boytitan was famous for being overly vocal in arena, using ineffective, multi subweapon artillery builds, and basically being a large target. When alpha airs first became widely popular, there was a joke in dos community: we didn't care about wiz fielding airs with tons of primary weapons, as we could just field artillery with tons of subweapons to counter them, and the picture was posted, and BT was cited as a visionary.
Back to top Go down
UncleBobbie
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
UncleBobbie

Male Posts : 1342

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] General Guide to Alpha Striking   [WIP] General Guide to Alpha Striking - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 3:21 pm

KidGlitch wrote:
This person would be... who?

The emperor of DOS, forever.

Spoiler:

Drinking game: Drink every time he misses.
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] General Guide to Alpha Striking   [WIP] General Guide to Alpha Striking - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 4:19 pm

Winty wrote:
BoyTitan history
Adding on to this, he's just overly stimulated a lot and the things he says are downright wonky most of the time, earning him a spot in one of the most infamous players.
Back to top Go down
KidGlitch
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
KidGlitch

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] General Guide to Alpha Striking   [WIP] General Guide to Alpha Striking - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 7:31 pm

Ah... got it.
Back to top Go down
mechaRev
Abbey Denied
Abbey Denied

Male Posts : 1298

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] General Guide to Alpha Striking   [WIP] General Guide to Alpha Striking - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 9:21 pm

in terms of effectiveness, how bad would it be to have an alphag that althought is properly built cart-wise aswell as stat-wise, lacks air loop?
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] General Guide to Alpha Striking   [WIP] General Guide to Alpha Striking - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 9:39 pm

Technically all it means is you have to take a more passive approach. Which is true of any air without loop/roll anyway, though I suppose it's a bit more extreme here. A role shift from "offensive unit" to "PS camper" if you want to generalize for the sake of summary.

That said having air loop on an alpha air makes worlds of difference and I highly recommend building with it in mind.
Back to top Go down
Zwelivelle
Zwelivelle

Male Posts : 87

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] General Guide to Alpha Striking   [WIP] General Guide to Alpha Striking - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 10:17 pm

Winty wrote:
On Over-ranging:
You only need one long range weapon to over-range with. You should still know the range of your weapons so you aren't shooting at ranges where the shots vanish/don't hit, because that's just stupid.
Sorry for being stupid:

1. Btw, i want to ask if it is really good to alpha since i found if sometimes TGH reduction can be very harsh and left me wonder why should I alpha-ed at the first place (two Gatlings). But sometimes astonish me with the lump of damage dealt from my weapons when i used another setup (two Handy/ Blow Zook). Is there special criteria for weapons selection that must be used for alpha? I guess it is something to do with the stun you said earlier.

2. Also about using alpha with homing weapons, do you know which homing weapon is good for alpha and which is not? Or perhaps the idea of using homing weapon for alpha is useless at the first place. Well, Lily, Aquila, Akane and Haruka really use homing weapon for alpha.
And i found if I lump 2 Toybox arms in a single Asura AMJ for alpha, has better homing than using 4 Toybox arms in two Asura AMJs.

3. Which one better using setup of weapons with same weapon speed (so the damage dealt lumped together), or not (i'm afraid of TGH reduction)? Or perhaps, it doesn't really matter.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] General Guide to Alpha Striking   [WIP] General Guide to Alpha Striking - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 1:16 am

1. There isn't any special criteria for alpha striking. This isn't Halo where they cut the damage when you dual wield, in cb both weapons do full damage.

2. There's nothing wrong with using homing weapons in alphastrike builds. Things like raystag heads, various magnet guns, dugdriver arms, etc are all homing weapons. I can't help you with the second part as I've never tried that.

3. Staggering your weapons will do more damage, but is harder to aim. I'd honestly not even worry about it unless you are procing stuns.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] General Guide to Alpha Striking   [WIP] General Guide to Alpha Striking - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

[WIP] General Guide to Alpha Striking
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2