Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pokemon discussion

Go down 
+42
uiso
EXNova
Winty
IronDicks
blead
exoakutsu
Admin
LazFlamme
rei_hunter
AhegaoMaster
God is a Cat Girl
Saitama
AnTi90d
Shai
Hyoka
TrieDaEsprit
KidGlitch
darkomen
fhoeng
Silvershine
XiaoFu
LogenVos
UncleBobbie
TerraChika
Seraphcrim
Mew
MagicPotatoplz
CapeMike
Valkyrie
Sean
Poppet
Nilla
Trill
Gerrion
zerocl
Akhenderson
Relict?
boytitan2
That_Wiesel_Guy
Zwiebel Force
Koiro
Astral_Dono
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

Pokemon discussion - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 8 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 7:20 am

So long as we get to KO them with actual pokemon...
Back to top Go down
TrieDaEsprit
3Legion
TrieDaEsprit

Male Posts : 2661

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 8 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 7:32 am

I prefer something more like this thing in this link here
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie
Molcars Wearing Sunglasses

Male Posts : 2457

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 8 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 1:45 pm

StardustAR wrote:
Aren't those being called gijinka or something? I bet DA has some similar pics.
Back to top Go down
TrieDaEsprit
3Legion
TrieDaEsprit

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 8 EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 3:00 am

Valkyrie wrote:
StardustAR wrote:
No, I mean the game, I prefer Moemon over Pokemon actually...
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 8 EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 6:07 am

StardustAR wrote:
Valkyrie wrote:
StardustAR wrote:
Oic. I never knew there was a game like that
Back to top Go down
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
Shai

Female Posts : 4410

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 8 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 4:44 am

Mega Evolutions:
Back to top Go down
TrieDaEsprit
3Legion
TrieDaEsprit

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 8 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 6:03 am

Valkyrie wrote:
StardustAR wrote:
Valkyrie wrote:
Oic. I never knew there was a game like that
Romhack
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 8 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 6:00 pm

Shai wrote:
Mega Evolutions:
I find it a bit unfair for OU tier pokemon to have mega evolutions, whilst there are weaker pokemon who could really use a revamp like that (Which they partly tried, but still.)
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 8 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 6:08 pm

I find this last gen the worst of all.
It killed a feature that made the game competitive and a feature that was unique to it.
IV and EV are useless now. Not even sure why they are still in the game, since they are just too easy to perfect now.

Casuals can just walk in with perfected toys because it involves no effort now.
And it also kills part of the trading scene.
Breeders and traders are extinct, and IV/ED pokemon have no value.
Trading now is just there to fill up the dex, because the games are Capitalism, Ho! shit.
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 8 EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 7:14 am

God is a Cat Girl wrote:
It killed a feature that made the game competitive and a feature that was unique to it.
IV and EV are useless now. Not even sure why they are still in the game, since they are just too easy to perfect now.

Trading now is just there to fill up the dex, because the games are Capitalism, Ho! shit.
Now you're just exaggerating to mention your feeling of being unhappy with the games, instead of keeping nuance and saying you don't like this gen for X reason.

IV was not hard to determine since gen 4. EV was easy work since gen 3. Getting flawless pokemon was already done in gen 4, then became really simplified in gen 5. I honestly think you're a bit too late to complain now.

One of the basic concepts of pokemon, is that you have to trade to get them all. This concept has been there from the begin, thus making this series of games Capitalism, Ho! from the start.
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 8 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 2:51 pm

Valkyrie wrote:
God is a Cat Girl wrote:

Now you're just exaggerating to mention your feeling of being unhappy with the games, instead of keeping nuance and saying you don't like this gen for X reason.

IV was not hard to determine since gen 4. EV was easy work since gen 3. Getting flawless pokemon was already done in gen 4, then became really simplified in gen 5. I honestly think you're a bit too late to complain now.

One of the basic concepts of pokemon, is that you have to trade to get them all. This concept has been there from the begin, thus making this series of games Capitalism, Ho! from the start.
But IV and EV not being as simple as they are now, made them actually matter. Now they don't. Because you can get them without even fighting.

Trading was more than just filling up the dex. Now it's just that, which doesn't require you to buy both versions, which are only that for racism and stupid people that buy both.

Also, I'm saying that this gen is crap because of X reason.
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 8 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 3:31 pm

God is a Cat Girl wrote:
But IV and EV not being as simple as they are now, made them actually matter. Now they don't. Because you can get them without even fighting.
You could do that in G5 too you know through the Join Avenue.
Back to top Go down
Saitama
Hostile Forumer
Saitama

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 8 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 3:38 pm

Anyone here up to take me on? I only have Pearl tho.
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 8 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 3:47 pm

Saitama wrote:
Pearl huh? I recently restarted my Platinum game a few days ago because I transferred all of my pokemon on there to my friend, since she has a Wii pokemon game. Maybe in the next few days I'll battle you though :3
Back to top Go down
Saitama
Hostile Forumer
Saitama

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 8 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 3:51 pm

Astral_Goddess wrote:
Saitama wrote:
Pearl huh? I recently restarted my Platinum game a few days ago because I transferred all of my pokemon on there to my friend, since she has a Wii pokemon game. Maybe in the next few days I'll battle you though :3
Don't expect much from me tho, just be careful about skar and gyarados, because both of them has max IV in what they need. Salamence also had them, but I did something wrong and couldn't max his speed EV, so I need Pokemon black to do it. The rest, they are just EV trained, but the IV are shit.
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 8 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 3:54 pm

Astral_Goddess wrote:
God is a Cat Girl wrote:
Pretty sure it's even easier now, since people complained that G5 was too hard.

But yeah, I find a game with useless features to be crappy. Pokemon has just fallen too low on that matter.
Back to top Go down
Saitama
Hostile Forumer
Saitama

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 8 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 3:56 pm

God is a Cat Girl wrote:
Astral_Goddess wrote:
God is a Cat Girl wrote:

But yeah, I find a game with useless features to be crappy. Pokemon has just fallen too low on that matter.
G5 hard? I have it in my R4 and finished the first 2 gym leaders with extreme ease (With a Lillipup and the Samurott pre evo).
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 8 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 4:03 pm

Saitama wrote:
God is a Cat Girl wrote:
Astral_Goddess wrote:
God is a Cat Girl wrote:

G5 hard? I have it in my R4 and finished the first 2 gym leaders with extreme ease (With a Lillipup and the Samurott pre evo).
Dewott.

Also Gerrion told me about how Aggron had a mega evolution (Until now I thought only the 3 original starters had them) and I got so excited and so anticipating something so amazing that when I saw this.... I just, ehhhh...... I immediately was saddened by this excuse of a sumo wrestler. Also his mega ability is saddening too when you can still be 1-hit KO'd by any super effective special.
Pokemon discussion - Page 8 306-m
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 8 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 5:06 pm

God is a Cat Girl wrote:
Astral_Goddess wrote:
God is a Cat Girl wrote:

Like I said, getting perfect IV pokemon was pretty easy in G5. That is not Gamefreak's fault, some of the players developped RNGreporter. In gen 3 there was a dude in (mauville city I think?) who could also tell something about your EV's. The only difference between him and the dude in gen6's kiloude city is that players now roughly know on which scale the speculated IV should be (it's a rough estimation, not every part is precise). Even then, players are making the game easier by developping gen6 IV calculators.

The "glitch" of fishing shinies, is just a discovery of something that was already possible back in gen3, when abilities were part of the game. It could've been applied in the past as well.

SuperTraining is more about doing minigames to get stones needed for evolutions. With EV trained pokemon, it's easier to do the levels. That is kind of logic.

And yes, version exclusives still exist.

Astral_Goddess wrote:
Saitama wrote:
God is a Cat Girl wrote:

Dewott.

Also Gerrion told me about how Aggron had a mega evolution (Until now I thought only the 3 original starters had them) and I got so excited and so anticipating something so amazing that when I saw this.... I just, ehhhh...... I immediately was saddened by this excuse of a sumo wrestler. Also his mega ability is saddening too when you can still be 1-hit KO'd by any super effective special.
His bulk is incredible, and a focus sashed metal burst will hurt. Then again, with steel losing 2 resistances, and fighting moves still being present don't grant it much leeway. Still, that base 230 def isn't just for show (I think) and whilst filter isn't a super ability it does take away 25% of a supereffective move (I guess a reflect and/or lightscreen will help it further.)

My current beef with Gen 6 is the fairy type pokemon and the mega evolutions. Not much fairy type pokemon are that good, competitively speaking. The pokemon tend to have bad basestats, a lack of reliable stab outside of physical Play rough, special Moonblast and Dazzling gleam and some of them have really unreliable movepools.

The mega evolutions are cool, but I somehow find it not really fair that pokemon like Alakazam, Gengar, Gyarados, Scizor (wtf, making fairy types alongside this monster with a base 150 attack bulletpunch), Heracross (185 base attack, 105 base Sp.Def lolwat), Tyranitar, Blaziken, Garchom and Lucario have one. Notice how some mega evolutions get crappy abilities, whilst the ones I mentioned al have abilities they can abuse (although MegaHeracross has skill link, a skill linked double kick with 185 base attack hits hard.)

Last edited by Valkyrie on Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Koiro
God Poster
God Poster
Koiro

Male Posts : 5490

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 8 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 5:24 pm

Valkyrie wrote:
God is a Cat Girl wrote:
Astral_Goddess wrote:

Like I said, getting perfect IV pokemon was pretty easy in G5. That is not Gamefreak's fault, some of the players developped RNGreporter. In gen 3 there was a dude in (mauville city I think?) who could also tell something about your EV's. The only difference between him and the dude in gen6's kiloude city is that players now roughly know on which scale the speculated IV should be (it's a rough estimation, not every part is precise). Even then, players are making the game easier by developping gen6 IV calculators.

The "glitch" of fishing shinies, is just a discovery of something that was already possible back in gen3, when abilities were part of the game. It could've been applied in the past as well.

SuperTraining is more about doing minigames to get stones needed for evolutions. With EV trained pokemon, it's easier to do the levels. That is kind of logic.

And yes, version exclusives still exist.

Astral_Goddess wrote:
Saitama wrote:
Dewott.

His bulk is incredible, and a focus sashed metal burst will hurt. Then again, with steel losing 2 resistances, and fighting moves still being present don't grant it much leeway. Still, that base 230 def isn't just for show (I think) and whilst filter isn't a super ability it does take away 25% of a supereffective move (I guess a reflect and/or lightscreen will help it further.)
>glitch about fishing shinies

Pls enlighten me mams
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 8 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 5:28 pm

>exclusives exist

I turn on my interwebs and easily get anything.

And it is gamefreak problem. They get millions to produce something rather close to shovelware.
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 8 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 5:44 pm

Koiro10 wrote:
Valkyrie wrote:
God is a Cat Girl wrote:

Pls enlighten me mams
http://serebii.net/xy/fishchain.shtml

perhaps a better explanation:
Back to top Go down
Koiro
God Poster
God Poster
Koiro

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 8 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 6:24 pm

Valkyrie wrote:
Koiro10 wrote:
Valkyrie wrote:

Pls enlighten me mams

So basically you find a good corner, take out your fishing rod and fish until you encounter a Pokemon, run away from the Pokemon if it isn't a shiny, then repeat this until you get a shiny Pokemon?
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 8 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 6:32 pm

Koiro10 wrote:
Valkyrie wrote:
Koiro10 wrote:

Pls enlighten me mams

So basically you find a good corner, take out your fishing rod and fish until you encounter a Pokemon, run away from the Pokemon if it isn't a shiny, then repeat this until you get a shiny Pokemon?
Some people get it after 15, some on the first try, some 50, some 100, some don't encounter one after +100. It's a good thing shinies seem to appear more often in gen6 (caught me a shiny doduo when I repelled an area just to get a bunch of synchronizer abra's)
Back to top Go down
Koiro
God Poster
God Poster
Koiro

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 8 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 6:34 pm

Valkyrie wrote:
Koiro10 wrote:
Valkyrie wrote:

Some people get it after 15, some on the first try, some 50, some 100, some don't encounter one after +100. It's a good thing shinies seem to appear more often in gen6 (caught me a shiny doduo when I repelled an area just to get a bunch of synchronizer abra's)
Okay, I see. Thanks Valky
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokemon discussion
Page 8 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next