Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pokemon discussion

Go down 
+42
uiso
EXNova
Winty
IronDicks
blead
exoakutsu
Admin
LazFlamme
rei_hunter
AhegaoMaster
God is a Cat Girl
Saitama
AnTi90d
Shai
Hyoka
TrieDaEsprit
KidGlitch
darkomen
fhoeng
Silvershine
XiaoFu
LogenVos
UncleBobbie
TerraChika
Seraphcrim
Mew
MagicPotatoplz
CapeMike
Valkyrie
Sean
Poppet
Nilla
Trill
Gerrion
zerocl
Akhenderson
Relict?
boytitan2
That_Wiesel_Guy
Zwiebel Force
Koiro
Astral_Dono
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Mew
The Ultimate Negro
Mew

Female Posts : 1540

Pokemon discussion - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 8:46 am

sylveon is a flying type i heard it was confirmed
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie
Molcars Wearing Sunglasses

Male Posts : 2457

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 1:48 pm

Mew wrote:
sylveon is a flying type i heard it was confirmed
*flips tables* Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 2:56 pm

Valkyrie wrote:
(why was Sky drop banned again? Wasn't it a two turn move?)
Yes, it was. If you used Sky Drop in a double/triple battle, then have one of your other pokemon use Gravity in the same turn, both Pokemon will be dropped to the ground. However, there's a bug where the enemy pokemon that was picked up by Sky Drop will be unable to attack, move, or do anything until it's killed, as if it was being infinitely held by Sky Drop.
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 3:12 pm

Astral_Goddess wrote:
Valkyrie wrote:
(why was Sky drop banned again? Wasn't it a two turn move?)
Yes, it was. If you used Sky Drop in a double/triple battle, then have one of your other pokemon use Gravity in the same turn, both Pokemon will be dropped to the ground. However, there's a bug where the enemy pokemon that was picked up by Sky Drop will be unable to attack, move, or do anything until it's killed, as if it was being infinitely held by Sky Drop.
So that is that unavle to attack glitch I heard about. Broken indeed.
Back to top Go down
XiaoFu
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
XiaoFu

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 3:42 pm

Shuckle is OP, discuss.

Seriously my favorite pokemon of all time, when I saw him the first time, fucking said "Look its a turtle, COOL!". (Don't like squirtle because well....squirtle).

I fell even more in love with him when I found out about EV points/effort points. This in turn later on made me to seriously raise one and make him into a hurrdurr wall. Thus also leading me to find out later on he boasts the highest defense AND special defense among all the pokemons, if raised one way or the other.

This also lead me to basically saying "what other ways are there to annoy my friends when I battle them?". Thus I made very first breeded shuckle learn Toxic, sandstorm, protect, and rest. Then I really started experimenting around and found other moves to annoy with him.
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 4:22 pm

XiaoFu wrote:
Shuckle is OP, discuss.

Seriously my favorite pokemon of all time, when I saw him the first time, fucking said "Look its a turtle, COOL!". (Don't like squirtle because well....squirtle).

I fell even more in love with him when I found out about EV points/effort points. This in turn later on made me to seriously raise one and make him into a hurrdurr wall. Thus also leading me to find out later on he boasts the highest defense AND special defense among all the pokemons, if raised one way or the other.

This also lead me to basically saying "what other ways are there to annoy my friends when I battle them?". Thus I made very first breeded shuckle learn Toxic, sandstorm, protect, and rest. Then I really started experimenting around and found other moves to annoy with him.

Ah, I see. I learned of his greatness when I was played with premade teams in colloseum. Not sure if he's OU now tho (crustle gas same typing and is RU). That moveset gets crippled by fast taunt, and prankster taunt. Good thing you changed that set.
Back to top Go down
UncleBobbie
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
UncleBobbie

Male Posts : 1342

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 7:32 pm

Valkyrie wrote:
Not sure if he's OU now tho

Shuckle is still NU.
Back to top Go down
Poppet
Abbey Cry
Abbey Cry

Female Posts : 284

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 7:46 pm

Thread needs more Power Trick Shuckle.

Is best Special Defense Wall.
Back to top Go down
Mew
The Ultimate Negro
Mew

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 9:22 pm

XiaoFu wrote:
Shuckle is OP, discuss.

He's passive but he's pretty bad.

While his defense stats are really good. His HP, ATK, and SPD make him horrendous.

There's a ton of fighting times that will flat out destroy him easily.

And then there's Earthquake....

And with Taunt and Trick being used a lot these days....

Yeah..

I'd rather use a Wobuffet to be quite honest.

Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 9:44 pm

Mew wrote:
What exactly is so good about Wobuffets? i could never figure that one out.
Back to top Go down
Mew
The Ultimate Negro
Mew

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 10:37 pm

Astral_Goddess wrote:
Mew wrote:

He's so good he was banned for 2 generations until BW.

First off he's got Shadow Tag. You CANNOT switch out.

Now let's talk about his stats. His HP is insane. And his DEF/SP DEF is fine despite being in the 50s.

His speed is slow. That is GOOD for him at least.

Okay this is what I use on my Wobuffet and pretty much every other Wobuffet out there besides probably a switch in Tickle.

Item: Leftovers

Encore
Counter
Mirror Coat
(THESE ARE YOUR MOST IMPORTANT MOVES! Encore especially though takes priority.)
Tickle (Reduces ATK/DEF by one stage.) some people go for Safeguard though.

With Encore say a person uses Swords Dance. You can use Encore to make them Swords Dance over and over again while you use Tickle to bring is attack down constantly and stall him out.

Now say he attacks you. You use Encore.

Let's say he uses Tackle.

NOW WITH ENCORE YOU KNOW TO USE COUNTER!

Let's say a person uses Psychic.

NOW WITH ENCORE YOU CAN USE MIRROR COAT!

So yeah he's unstoppable with Encore and Shadow Tag.

Until BW because people started using Gothitelle.

Back to top Go down
Akhenderson
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Akhenderson

Male Posts : 864

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 12:51 am

Mew wrote:
Astral_Goddess wrote:
Mew wrote:

He's so good he was banned for 2 generations until BW.

First off he's got Shadow Tag. You CANNOT switch out.

Now let's talk about his stats. His HP is insane. And his DEF/SP DEF is fine despite being in the 50s.

His speed is slow. That is GOOD for him at least.

Okay this is what I use on my Wobuffet and pretty much every other Wobuffet out there besides probably a switch in Tickle.

Item: Leftovers

Encore
Counter
Mirror Coat
(THESE ARE YOUR MOST IMPORTANT MOVES! Encore especially though takes priority.)
Tickle (Reduces ATK/DEF by one stage.) some people go for Safeguard though.

With Encore say a person uses Swords Dance. You can use Encore to make them Swords Dance over and over again while you use Tickle to bring is attack down constantly and stall him out.

Now say he attacks you. You use Encore.

Let's say he uses Tackle.

NOW WITH ENCORE YOU KNOW TO USE COUNTER!

Let's say a person uses Psychic.

NOW WITH ENCORE YOU CAN USE MIRROR COAT!

So yeah he's unstoppable with Encore and Shadow Tag.

Until BW because people started using Gothitelle.

Or you know... he'll encore you into a move that can be resisted by one of your pokes, or you have immunity to said move, or they use a set up move.
Then they're set up fodder for SD, DD, NP sweepers and essentially after a couple self buff moves, they'll sweep the entire team, or deal major damage to said team.
Back then, Wobbuffet being on a team meant something on the opposing team WILL die, especially when they switch it in on pokemon with choice items.
Wobbuffet is now... I think UU? Because of the significant boost in power that the new generation pokemon got, as well as Encore being nerfed to 3 turns as opposed to 4-8(?).
Even today, I could switch in a Wobbuffet on a wall, encore them into a move that renders them helpless, and use someone like Cloyster to buff his stats up using Shell Smash, and completely decimate an entire team if they don't have a solid counter to either Wobbuffet or Cloyster.
Back to top Go down
Mew
The Ultimate Negro
Mew

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 1:02 am

What?

He's still OU and even used in Uber still.

People just run Gothitelles with Shadow Tag without a doubt more than Wobufet now because of versatility.
Back to top Go down
Akhenderson
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Akhenderson

Male Posts : 864

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 5:56 am

Mew wrote:
What?

He's still OU and even used in Uber still.

People just run Gothitelles with Shadow Tag without a doubt more than Wobufet now because of versatility.
I just checked him and apparently he's BL.
Just what does Gothitelle exactly do while she switched in on something anyways?
Back to top Go down
Mew
The Ultimate Negro
Mew

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 9:25 am

Oh they took him out of it? lol

As for Gothitelle I have no idea why all I heard was it's for versatility and Shadow Tag.

She's also in UU for reasons I can understand. Her stats are...meh. I don't understand why Wobuffet went down though. It could have been Gothitelle.
Back to top Go down
Silvershine
Misty Hollow
Misty Hollow

Male Posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 7:07 pm

wtf u all suddenly started to talk about Pokemanz öwö
AND THAT WITHOUT MEEEEE ÖwÖ
Back to top Go down
http://nightforest.deviantart.com
fhoeng
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
fhoeng

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 4:23 pm

Wobuffet was a faggot because it is the counter of your sweeper's counter.

Choose a good sweeper. Bait the opponent counter. Send in Wobuffet. Kill counter. Bring sweeper. Game over.
Back to top Go down
darkomen
Anime Addict
darkomen

Male Posts : 237

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 2:51 am

Darkrai is the shit. (Astral. High speed,attack. and sp-attack)
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 8:55 pm

Valkyrie used Mega Bump!

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

Things are moving on as more and more is revealed of pokemon X and Y. I'm not that fond of the fairy type introduction (my dragons ;~; ) but I think it can make the competition interesting. At first I really wanted Y because Yveltal looks so cool, but I see that Xerneas is a fairy type. I like how they made a ghost steel type, Honedge. I hope he'll be good and not like 5th gen's ghost ground type (forgot bame ._. ) They actually made a dark psychic type, which I really look forward playing with. The first stage is so cute and it's evolution has a nice emphasis on showing it's a dark type. Swirlix, really cute fairy type. I wonder if they will only make cute looking fairy types, since I'm kinda hoping for a fairy ghost combination. Speaking of fairy types combination, I suspect awakened Mewtwo of bein a fairy psychic type. There's this sketch of a pokemon called Oorotto (jp name). I think it's an evo of sudowoodo, but since it's a sketch it might be fake. I reall hope I can trade pokemon from previous games, in a simple way. Now I'm just waiting for the starters' evolutions. It would be nice if they could be OU from the start. I suspect Chespin becomming a physic grass type, and Fennekin's evolution a fire/psychic type (Fennekin learns psychic).
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 10:25 pm

Just info someone mentioned in Skype.

Fairy Type will be weak to Poison and Steel type, immune to Dragon, super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting, and Fire and Psychic-type Pokemon take half damage from it.
Mawile will be reclassified to Steel/Fairy type.
Mewtwo has two new formes, not just one. Both are activated via items.
The Starter final evolutions are Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark, and Water/Fighting.
The second gym will be fairy and the four fighting.
You will be able to see a Pokemon’s EVs at a certain in-game facility. (Super Training)
A second professor named Sycamore gives you either Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle.
A new move, Belch, is a Poison-type attack that has a base power of 120. The user must consume a held Berry to perform it.
Back to top Go down
Seraphcrim
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Seraphcrim

Male Posts : 1288

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 11:13 am

> fire/psychic

FUCK YES. More reason to buy the game.
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 12:44 pm

I'm personally happy Poison and Steel moves are becoming more meta with better coverage.
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 2:07 pm

Relict? wrote:
I'm personally happy Poison and Steel moves are becoming more meta with better coverage.
Well, to be honest, I'm glad for poison types to gain more meta relevance, but steel types... In the start psychic types were the most op (alongside with dragons but there was only one evolution anyways). Johto brought dark types and psychic types lost some power. In 3rd gen more ghosts and dark types were added, but psychic types could still be OU. 3rd gen also brought more dragons. 4th gen really started the era of steel types, with dragons still holding on to their throne and fighting types gaining ground. 5th gen solidified steel types as the reigning kings of OU, with fighting types being a solid choice for OU. Now it seems like steel types really take the crown. I really like that poison types got into the limelight, but I wonder if they couldn't make one of the lesser used types get more firepower.

I might be exagerating though. I mean, the games aren't out yet and we haven't seen all new pokemon.
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 2:18 pm

Oh, I hadn't even considered the current tiers and the balance of power.

Hm, you do have a point.

There was that silly DRAGON STEEL team thing going on a while back.
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 12:32 pm

** Sudden revival **

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ounostealthrock-53436836

I dunno, just a random match. Skip to turn 18 for the excitement because turns 1-17 are just a war of "I PARALYZE YOU!!"

And another one that's a bit better
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ounostealthrock-53457297
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokemon discussion
Page 5 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next