Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Difficult to get high score in arena...

Go down 
+23
Winty
ppxeno
XiaoFu
Seraphcrim
Relict?
Trill
Gerrion
IncuSlave
wonjoon
Aurum_Sol
TrieDaEsprit
BSusVier
Prior
Zwiebel Force
Axanael
kyarashotgun
Senior Grey
Breaker-Z
Astral_Dono
Ryuuichiro
Poppet
Magna.Zero
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
*<ZiGZaG>*

Difficult to get high score in arena... Empty
PostSubject: Difficult to get high score in arena...   Difficult to get high score in arena... EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 12:09 pm

For me,.In channel 1and 2..it is so difficult to get high score..last time when i'm in beginner channel,I can easily score about 4000++..But now i have to shoot like crazy to get 100+ score=.=..any suggestion about this?..It is because of my bots weapon that deal less damage?..
Back to top Go down
Magna.Zero
Master Poster
Master Poster
Magna.Zero

Male Posts : 2895

PostSubject: Re: Difficult to get high score in arena...   Difficult to get high score in arena... EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 12:27 pm

Try to avoid death in arena. It helps.
I had the same trouble with you back then.

Or try more farming, it helps your Support score.

...or make a Seraph FC and then Novabomb...(not recommended)
Back to top Go down
Poppet
Abbey Cry
Abbey Cry

Female Posts : 284

PostSubject: Re: Difficult to get high score in arena...   Difficult to get high score in arena... EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 12:33 pm

Charge Rt. Get broken moebot.
Back to top Go down
Ryuuichiro
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Ryuuichiro

Male Posts : 1275

PostSubject: Re: Difficult to get high score in arena...   Difficult to get high score in arena... EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 12:41 pm

This ^

OR...
Make something useful for haku.
Haku the shit for mats until a time where you have at least two fully-tuned bots from all the materials you've farmed (or alternatively sold-off and bought things that are useful).
Play.

Easy way out is to charge moar Rt though
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

PostSubject: Re: Difficult to get high score in arena...   Difficult to get high score in arena... EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 12:49 pm

Moved to the proper section.
Back to top Go down
Breaker-Z
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Breaker-Z

Male Posts : 185

PostSubject: Re: Difficult to get high score in arena...   Difficult to get high score in arena... EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 1:20 pm

Quit.
Way better than trying to make ends meet in this shit meta
Back to top Go down
Senior Grey
[Donator]
[Donator]
Senior Grey

PostSubject: Re: Difficult to get high score in arena...   Difficult to get high score in arena... EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 2:25 pm

Tune more mobility. Get a dash cart.
Those greatly increase your overall survivability.
Back to top Go down
kyarashotgun
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
kyarashotgun

Male Posts : 645

PostSubject: Re: Difficult to get high score in arena...   Difficult to get high score in arena... EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 3:06 pm

Breaker-Z wrote:
Quit.

This is probably the best way to go.
Back to top Go down
Axanael
[SKELETOR]
Axanael

Male Posts : 1319

PostSubject: Re: Difficult to get high score in arena...   Difficult to get high score in arena... EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 3:35 pm

If you find it really difficult, do what I used to do. Wait for the BP to die down for the most part, and then when there's only a little BP left, when one side is about to win, rush in and deal as much damage as possible hoping that someone dies, ending the game, before you die. That usually helps keep your score in positive, and I guess you could farm until that point for contribution/support/w/e.

Then when you can, tune your stuff, grab some new bots, and try to avoid the OP moebots chasing you down.
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: Difficult to get high score in arena...   Difficult to get high score in arena... EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 4:26 pm

Breaker-Z wrote:
Quit.

/thread.
Back to top Go down
Prior
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Prior

PostSubject: Re: Difficult to get high score in arena...   Difficult to get high score in arena... EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 6:47 pm

2 1 option.

a. Quit the game.
b. Charge Root.
Back to top Go down
BSusVier
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
BSusVier

PostSubject: Re: Difficult to get high score in arena...   Difficult to get high score in arena... EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 3:22 am

Here's a guide that covers most of the things: http://www.cosmicbreakfanforum.com/t1732-funthing-s-tips-to-successful-gameplay

Well its not necessarily because u're doing less damage. Its just that u're dealing with seasoned veterans who can easily dodge/tank ur attacks. Well then again there's all that cancer with zeroes and seraphs.

Easiest way to keep ur score positive is to land at least one kill and to not die.
TO NOT DIE = the hardest part LOL.

As for high scores.... u'd need something OP/to rambo the enemy hard/to play support the entire match/break the PS.

And u should not view the players in the normal channels like those in the beginner channels. Under-estimating them usually gets u killed regardless of the enemy/rank/bot u're up against.
Alternatively, u could charge moar RT or quit the game. Laughing
Back to top Go down
*<ZiGZaG>*

PostSubject: Re: Difficult to get high score in arena...   Difficult to get high score in arena... EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 4:18 am

anyway..what is OP?..
Back to top Go down
Ryuuichiro
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Ryuuichiro

Male Posts : 1275

PostSubject: Re: Difficult to get high score in arena...   Difficult to get high score in arena... EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 4:25 am

OP = overpowered; something that dominates every other thing that's not on the same tier as itself.
Back to top Go down
TrieDaEsprit
3Legion
TrieDaEsprit

Male Posts : 2661

PostSubject: Re: Difficult to get high score in arena...   Difficult to get high score in arena... EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 4:55 am

-being ignorant is not good, I managed to kill a few people while walking around them like this, with a normal bot

-don't charge alone, try to stay with someone to watch your back or at least help you when you get attacked, if you rush in alone, make sure to bring a fast bot (and by fast, I mean very fast)

-keep a repair item handy, if you're outnumbered/outpowered, retreat immediately, use the items whenever your HP gets low

-announcing your attack on global might work sometimes, enemies might think it's a bluff and you're not actually attacking, and then you can appear near them, spam fire pillar and run away

-Low hp? stay away from areas where you can get trapped, and PS is not always a good spot, except when a chibi bot is there after announcing repair

-when sniping, when you have a friend near you who is also sniping, listen to their bot's voice, when it sounds like it's under attack, flee and send the attacker with whatever on hand (sounds easy, but it's not easy to do)

-when getting on a high platform, get as high as possible to avoid a bird attacking you

-see some kind of purple ripple? get on a higher platform, this will safe you A LOT of HP

-shoot every bot that you can see on sight, don't care if it's an ally or not, just get to shooting range and fire, sorries can be said later

-follow your enemies with some range and announce that you have found them with the radio, when your friend is close, start attacking, retreat to the back and attack from there

-chibis are fragile, if you use them, stay in the back line except if you have something that can cause a lot of hurt in hand (which doesn't exist, considering the size, I think)

-do a highspeed bullet dodge, the closer a bullet/laser/missile/some-kinda-light-spear to you, the easier it is to dodge by dashing or jumping, of course this is only IF the projectile is not spammable (like gatlings)

-luckily, your shield can protect you, but don't rely on it too much

-infinite range is good, but the aiming is nearly impossible, if you feel lucky, try it

-make sure your bot has high status, one low status can spell doom for you
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Difficult to get high score in arena...   Difficult to get high score in arena... EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 8:34 am

BSusVier wrote:
As for high scores.... u'd need something OP
No you don't.
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: Difficult to get high score in arena...   Difficult to get high score in arena... EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 10:08 am

how to score high in arena:
-shoot stuff
-dont be shot by stuff
-melee stuff
-dont be meleed by stuff
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Difficult to get high score in arena...   Difficult to get high score in arena... EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 11:20 am

BSusVier wrote:
Easiest way to keep ur score positive is to land at least one kill and to not die.
TO NOT DIE = the hardest part LOL.
Shooting things adds more points than a single kill. (Thought kills don't add any score at all)

Not dying is easy if you're paying attention.
StardustAR wrote:
announcing your attack on global might work
I was iffy at "Don't charge in alone", but I stopped reading your wall here.
Back to top Go down
wonjoon
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
wonjoon

Female Posts : 782

PostSubject: free stuff   Difficult to get high score in arena... EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 11:27 am

I don't recommend Seraph Crimrose FC, because you'll lose lot of UC trying to roll it.
There's many good free stuffs out there like building an hopper(looks for guides on forum), Seraph Crimrose, LazFlamme, Winberrl, Nicole Malice, Amateus(UC -> Rt), Misty Hollow(UC -> Rt), Destructor, King Megaton, and Vulder's pretty good too.
There's probably lot more out there, but I can't remember atm.
Back to top Go down
TrieDaEsprit
3Legion
TrieDaEsprit

Male Posts : 2661

PostSubject: Re: Difficult to get high score in arena...   Difficult to get high score in arena... EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 12:37 pm

iKray wrote:

StardustAR wrote:
announcing your attack on global might work
I was iffy at "Don't charge in alone", but I stopped reading your wall here.
no really, for some reason, when I do that sometimes it's like the opposing team just let me attack them....... OF COURSE it's not always like that, well some of the tips before are half-jokes anyway, I'm sure they're obvious
Back to top Go down
IncuSlave
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
IncuSlave

PostSubject: Re: Difficult to get high score in arena...   Difficult to get high score in arena... EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 12:44 pm

Become one of the RT fags! Jooooiiiiin uuuus!
Back to top Go down
Gerrion
Wild Molcar
Wild Molcar

Male Posts : 2218

PostSubject: Re: Difficult to get high score in arena...   Difficult to get high score in arena... EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 1:42 pm

Solo_Ace and StardustAR show valid points.

My tip for survival: Broad Radar will help you evaluate fights and check whether or not you should go for the kill/aid your comrades or not charge at all. Tbh, a lot of things can happen that change said action, but until you're safer to attack/move on the field, getting Broad Radar helps.

The thing is that BR is most of the time a lvl9-10 cartridge, so you'll need to level up your robots. Going for Haku for mats & exp will help you twice: getting closer to the BR and farm the mats for tunes to place on your robot once you reach the level you want.
Back to top Go down
IncuSlave
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
IncuSlave

PostSubject: Re: Difficult to get high score in arena...   Difficult to get high score in arena... EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 1:55 pm

Gerrion's right... broad radar is a great cart. However, it takes some getting use to, and it's useless if you're not frequently checking your radar.
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: Difficult to get high score in arena...   Difficult to get high score in arena... EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 5:02 pm

IncuSlave wrote:
Gerrion's right... broad radar is a great cart. However, it takes some getting use to, and it's useless if you're not frequently checking your radar.
If you say that it sounds like one could afford not to check their radar. I think that's one of the most important things as a newcomer (regardless if you've got BR or not).

Oh and Seraph FC is fine, if you happen to get that promotion (note that a lot of players don't like Nova spamers, but to be honest from a UC players view that's pretty much the only thing you can do with all this fat kids overdrawing mommy's credit card). The UC Gara DX 1 has a lot of very nice stuff in it (Cosmic Cola etc, they seem like a joke first but they're very nice items actually as they give you 3 extra slots and even one extra stat #em1 ), just don't make this your main use for UC. Get weapons/bots, etc first. the Super UC Garapon is attractive for UC players as well: it offers a lot of rare Wonderbit (Repair Bits, Burst Fire Bits, Units, Anto-homing bits), some nice mecha parts/bots and even the notorious UC Nicole (then again, if you really want to build a Nicole I'd recommend you to save UC>Rt and buy one from the shop). In fact Super UC Gara seems more essential than the UC DX Garapons.
Back to top Go down
IncuSlave
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
IncuSlave

PostSubject: Re: Difficult to get high score in arena...   Difficult to get high score in arena... EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 5:29 pm

Zwiebel Force wrote:
IncuSlave wrote:
If you say that it sounds like one could afford not to check their radar. I think that's one of the most important things as a newcomer (regardless if you've got BR or not).

Indeed it is, yet nobody seems to do it at first. :/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Difficult to get high score in arena...   Difficult to get high score in arena... Empty

Back to top Go down

Difficult to get high score in arena...
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next