Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CB Commentaries

Go down 
+8
nzlk
Ryuuichiro
Relict?
reVelske
mikuri
Tuskin
Astral_Dono
Silvraph
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ryuuichiro
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Ryuuichiro

Male Posts : 1275

CB Commentaries - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB Commentaries   CB Commentaries - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 5:17 am

Oh. I see. Can't be helped, I guess...
On the question of tournaments, have there actually been events like that? Say a Clan-15v15 type of thing? And if there were any actual videos taken from there. Smile
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: CB Commentaries   CB Commentaries - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 5:26 am

There has been three Clan Tournaments (not including the tournament during beta) and two Team Tournaments, all are 10v10 format (with 5 reserves), there's also been a 5v5 Capture The Flag before CTF mode broke.

You should be able to find most of the match vids of the Clan/Team tourney on youtube.

Here is the best clan match ever, don't let anyone tell you otherwise: *runs away*

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CB Commentaries   CB Commentaries - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 5:44 am

Oh lawd, dat Volcanics BS Regina. Mad props to that guy.
Back to top Go down
Ryuuichiro
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Ryuuichiro

Male Posts : 1275

PostSubject: Re: CB Commentaries   CB Commentaries - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 5:46 am

That arena's pretty small. Not much to round around at :O
Imma watch a few of these on YT...maybe I'll pick up something I could use once my internet no longer suckzzz. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: CB Commentaries   CB Commentaries - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 10:56 am

this is my contribution:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: CB Commentaries   CB Commentaries - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 11:20 am

"As you can see, I do not hav-FUCK." - Winty, 2012

And dat Framefreeze Break, that's pretty much how my CB runs on a good day.

And game sound is too loud compared to that terribly low quality voice recording.

And for the love of god, no music please.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: CB Commentaries   CB Commentaries - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 11:41 am

program I am using to record does separate the mic input from the system volume, so I can adjust that. I did a little, but apparently it wasn't enough. The mic quality is ass because I'm using a high quality XLR microphone on a mixing board hooked up to my computer through an RCA->line adapter, which completely kills the quality.

I play with music on most of the time. There's probably programs out there that will allow me to still have he music on without it being picked up by the recording program. I'll have to look into those.
Back to top Go down
Silvraph
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Silvraph

PostSubject: Re: CB Commentaries   CB Commentaries - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 1:18 pm

Astral_Goddess wrote:
reVelske wrote:
I cannot for the life of me imagine LXE having voice commentary talent in any shape or form (or communication skills for that matter), feel free to surprise me.
Now's your chance to be amazed and cause dimensional rifts with your sides.

Hey I just watched the video, and I reinforce my earlier remark about you having talent (though RAW at this stage) for commentating. What I meant by 3rd person non-realtime commentating is exactly this. You kind of tensed up a little bit and lost that fun and spontaneity side of your commentating
LXE 1st person real-time voice recording:
This is a good example of you bringing the audience along in the 1st person point of you fully immersed in the game. You started off the match by yelling "BEST THING EVA!!!!!", engaging the audience through splurting out what's on your mind, exclaiming as you are winning/losing, and inserting few random remarks about that mushroom. This is exactly what I mean by highly entertaining and engaging.

With the 3rd person point of view you took on the newer video,
LXE 3rd person latent voice recording:
you were able to focus more on the strats and gameplay element of CB to be more informative. However, you kind of lost that energetic, loud, and spontaneous side of your voice and thus not as exciting and engaging. I can hear the tension in your voice recording(and as Rev said, that would get better with practice and you getting more comfortable). This approach, however, is more educational and allow audience to learn about the maps, weapons, and bots of the game.

I think finding a balance that suits your style is a very important for commentary.

Enjoyed your vids =)

P.S. I imagine you making rage commentary video on Ivis/Resha/Eris gameplay would be highly entertaining too (like basing the player and braindead element of the bot while they rip out the room).
P.P.S. didn't hear Astral in this vid at all, at least make a cameo appearance on the next one.

Extra vid of LXE on how much he can emote in his voice:
Back to top Go down
Silvraph
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Silvraph

PostSubject: Re: CB Commentaries   CB Commentaries - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 1:46 pm

Winty wrote:
this is my contribution:
Spoiler:
Hey I liked this, I enjoyed your choice of BGM for recording (I know Rev thinks otherwise), the gameplay, the voice, and the material. It was quite informative to me: I didn't know about that air loop animation cancellation until this video.

You were a natural as the presence of audience didn't affect you at all during your recording. You kept your pacing and focused on your game play and commentary.

If we end up having more than one regular CB commentator from CBFF, I imagine a collaborated dual-commentary on a video would be interesting too.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: CB Commentaries   CB Commentaries - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 6:01 pm

additional contribution without music after I've been awake for far too many hours.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Tuskin
Do not charge RT
Tuskin

Male Posts : 2811

PostSubject: Re: CB Commentaries   CB Commentaries - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 9:52 pm

You need improve your written portuguese, wennty.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: CB Commentaries   CB Commentaries - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 9:56 pm

sorry I was taught by google translate
Back to top Go down
Nilla
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Nilla

Male Posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: CB Commentaries   CB Commentaries - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 12:57 pm

I could totally do this but I think it'd be less of a commentary and more me talking shit
and I'm lazy

ha
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: CB Commentaries   CB Commentaries - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 1:35 am

i remembered I have this:

old footage, drunk commentary.
Back to top Go down
milk
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
milk

Male Posts : 1918

PostSubject: Re: CB Commentaries   CB Commentaries - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 2:42 am

i wouldn't mind seeing weekly or monthly cb commentary videos.
hell, whenever possible as long as they're not too far apart.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CB Commentaries   CB Commentaries - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 2:47 am

Silvraph wrote:
Extra vid of LXE on how much he can emote in his voice:
YES! GRIIIIIGENBUUUURG! GRIIIIIGENBUUUURG!
Back to top Go down
Silvraph
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Silvraph

PostSubject: Re: CB Commentaries   CB Commentaries - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 3:38 am

Winty wrote:
i remembered I have this:

old footage, drunk commentary.
protip:
skip to 39:08 for gold
Back to top Go down
Accidentally
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 134

PostSubject: Re: CB Commentaries   CB Commentaries - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 4:21 am

Honestly, even if it were all really good quality stuff, I don't see why I would ever want to watch people play CB. I guess reasons to watch any gaming commentary is-

The person is entertaining.

You can't play the game for whatever reason/play at that (extremely high) skill level (I don't want to hear anyone argue that CB has a high skill cap now.)

You learn something sufficiently useful from it.

I don't really see where you could go with CB for any of these.

That said, the quality is really lacking, and that kind of puts off a lot of the already small potential audience.

(Just looking at this from my perspective though. I stream pretty often, and I feel I'd be hard pressed to play any sort of lobby pvp based game, especially something so unbalanced with no real competitive scene and such a tiny playerbase, and make it entertaining.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CB Commentaries   CB Commentaries - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

CB Commentaries
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2