Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CB Commentaries

Go down 
+8
nzlk
Ryuuichiro
Relict?
reVelske
mikuri
Tuskin
Astral_Dono
Silvraph
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Silvraph
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Silvraph

CB Commentaries Empty
PostSubject: CB Commentaries   CB Commentaries EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 6:38 pm

I watched some of your videos and I really think you should get a new mic, it'd really help your commentary with a mic for better sound quality =3

Otherwise I thoroughly enjoyed watching your highly emoted commentary videos.

P.S. I really think you have some talents for entertaining gamplay commentary. You should start a CB gameplay commentary channel (either of your own gameplay or others under viewmode), I'd bet it's gonna be quite entertaining.

If you do, I don't mind sending you a mic for Xmas LOL

Last edited by Silvraph on Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

CB Commentaries Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB Commentaries   CB Commentaries EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 7:28 pm

Silvraph wrote:
You should start a CB gameplay commentary channel (either of your own gameplay or others under viewmode)
I support this movement.

Also, this entire thread could have been sent to him directly in a PM (Then again I'm contradicting myself here as I made an entire thread over what to change my signature to).
Back to top Go down
Silvraph
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Silvraph

CB Commentaries Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB Commentaries   CB Commentaries EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 7:37 pm

Astral_Goddess wrote:
Silvraph wrote:
You should start a CB gameplay commentary channel (either of your own gameplay or others under viewmode)
I support this movement.

Also, this entire thread could have been sent to him directly in a PM (Then again I'm contradicting myself here as I made an entire thread over what to change my signature to).
I kinda had the idea of an open letter in mind, gets ppl to voice opinion/support for a CB gameplay commentary channel
Back to top Go down

CB Commentaries Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB Commentaries   CB Commentaries EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 10:53 pm

Apparently my computer can't process what I'm saying fast enough to do any commentaries, that's why my voice breaks up while I'm commentating during a game. In other words, the mic isn't going to help, I have to get a faster computer.

So, I'll just record matches and add in the comments afterwards.

If you want me to commentate on any games, just send me the video and I'll send you the mp3 file containing my comments for that match.
Back to top Go down
Silvraph
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Silvraph

CB Commentaries Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB Commentaries   CB Commentaries EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 11:24 pm

LXE wrote:
Apparently my computer can't process what I'm saying fast enough to do any commentaries, that's why my voice breaks up while I'm commentating during a game. In other words, the mic isn't going to help, I have to get a faster computer.

So, I'll just record matches and add in the comments afterwards.
I think you are more suited for real-time commentaries though, like those "let's play..." kinda uploads on youtube(I think Tobascus is currently doing this on youtube). This allows the commentator to freely emote as he experiences the gameplay and brings the audience along with the player from a first person point of view.

I think adding commentaries after the recording kinda ruins that first person, fresh off the gameplay, go with the flow kind of commentating, and is more suitable for competitive gaming (such as FPS and starcraft). This allows the commentator to be more objective and critical of the gameplay (for strategy analysis, gameplay breakdowns). The commentator could still be very spontaneous (like HuskyStarcraft), but the audience will watch the video mainly from a third person point of view.

LXE wrote:
If you want me to commentate on any games, just send me the video and I'll send you the mp3 file containing my comments for that match.
kinda defeats the purpose if I'm the only audience though, and my weak laptop CPU can barely handle the arena gameplay with all the lag, let alone recording...
Back to top Go down

CB Commentaries Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB Commentaries   CB Commentaries EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 11:42 pm

Welp, I won't be able to do any commentating then.

Need a new computer.
Back to top Go down
Silvraph
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Silvraph

CB Commentaries Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB Commentaries   CB Commentaries EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 11:43 pm

LXE wrote:
Welp, I won't be able to do any commentating then.

Need a new computer.
well that sux

Still would watch your choppy-ass voiced vids though.
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

CB Commentaries Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB Commentaries   CB Commentaries EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 1:08 am

LXE, I can always record random matches and you comment on them. :3
Back to top Go down
Tuskin
Do not charge RT
Tuskin

Male Posts : 2811

CB Commentaries Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB Commentaries   CB Commentaries EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 1:22 am

Epicnamebro's Dark Souls playthrough is a good example of non real time commentaries.
Back to top Go down
mikuri
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
mikuri

CB Commentaries Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB Commentaries   CB Commentaries EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 4:56 am

I could make some videos :3
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

CB Commentaries Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB Commentaries   CB Commentaries EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 5:06 am

I cannot for the life of me imagine LXE having voice commentary talent in any shape or form (or communication skills for that matter), feel free to surprise me.
Back to top Go down

CB Commentaries Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB Commentaries   CB Commentaries EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 5:21 am

EDIT - Problem solved, I can screen record with the computer, and record sound using my phone. So now I'll be able to do commentaries.

Astral_Goddess wrote:
LXE, I can always record random matches and you comment on them. :3
Sure. I'll try to do what I can.

reVelske wrote:
I cannot for the life of me imagine LXE having voice commentary talent in any shape or form (or communication skills for that matter), feel free to surprise me.
^This.
I can't imagine as well. My public speaking skills are primitive, communication skills are stone age and commentary talent, I have none.
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

CB Commentaries Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB Commentaries   CB Commentaries EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 1:28 am

reVelske wrote:
Now's your chance to be amazed and cause dimensional rifts with your sides.

Back to top Go down

CB Commentaries Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB Commentaries   CB Commentaries EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 1:29 am

I'm all red faced over here... =/////=;
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

CB Commentaries Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB Commentaries   CB Commentaries EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 1:54 am

Raysha? :V

Eh, well, you got the voice for it, hey who knows, maybe with more practice you'll actually make for a decent VIDYA GAME commentator, just cut out that "oooh ooh aaah" during a tense firefight (why the hell are you doing that when you aren't even playing), shorten the Captain Obvious stuff, and play-by-play stuff is dull by default. It might actually not be too bad once you stop being a blabbering idiot, which will come with experience I suppose.
Back to top Go down

CB Commentaries Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB Commentaries   CB Commentaries EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 1:59 am

rayVaylskay wrote:
Eh, well, you got the voice for it, hey who knows, maybe with more practice you'll actually make for a decent VIDYA GAME commentator, just cut out that "oooh ooh aaah" during a tense firefight (why the hell are you doing that when you aren't even playing), shorten the Captain Obvious stuff, and play-by-play stuff is dull by default. It might actually not be too bad once you stop being a blabbering idiot, which will come with experience I suppose.
Thanks man.
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

CB Commentaries Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB Commentaries   CB Commentaries EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 2:04 am

Someone make a Raysha meme.
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

CB Commentaries Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB Commentaries   CB Commentaries EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 2:31 am

Pretty much what reV said. I'm interested to see if you can go beyond just this.

Another thing to mention: Vox disables main weaponry. Meluc does not. There was a part around 1:22 where you called a Resha's Vox "Meluc."
Back to top Go down

CB Commentaries Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB Commentaries   CB Commentaries EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 2:35 am

Relict? wrote:
Pretty much what reV said. I'm interested to see if you can go beyond just this.

Another thing to mention: Vox disables main weaponry. Meluc does not. There was a part around 1:22 where you called a Resha's Vox "Meluc."
So much to remember. I forget and make mistakes a lot. = A=;
I even confuse Quick Boost with Quick Jump.

Welp, I guess I'll start doing commentaries then.
Back to top Go down
Ryuuichiro
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Ryuuichiro

Male Posts : 1275

CB Commentaries Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB Commentaries   CB Commentaries EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 3:22 am

I like your accent. bounce
I don't know much about observer mode but I think it would be better if you saw other players too.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
nzlk
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
nzlk

CB Commentaries Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB Commentaries   CB Commentaries EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 3:36 am

Ryuuichiro wrote:
I don't know much about observer mode but I think it would be better if you saw other players too.. Very Happy

They can't show other players, Astral was recording the match while playing it and LXE added commentary afterwards.
Back to top Go down
Ryuuichiro
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Ryuuichiro

CB Commentaries Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB Commentaries   CB Commentaries EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 3:55 am

nzlk wrote:
Ryuuichiro wrote:

They can't show other players, Astral was recording the match while playing it and LXE added commentary afterwards.

Uhmm.. I meant that if the person taking the video was in observation mode. I haven't tried it myself, actually, though. So I really can't tell if you can look at other players whilst in that (mode).
Back to top Go down
nzlk
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
nzlk

CB Commentaries Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB Commentaries   CB Commentaries EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 4:29 am

They weren't in observer mode though? You lost me, I don't understand your point anymore. I'm assuming you think that the video was recorded with observer mode. It wasn't, so they can't show the view of other players.

If you use observation mode you CAN cycle between players on the same team.
Back to top Go down
Ryuuichiro
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Ryuuichiro

CB Commentaries Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB Commentaries   CB Commentaries EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 4:35 am

Sorry. That's what I meant Very Happy
If they did video comm's while in observer mode, it would've given a better look at what's happening inside the team Very Happy
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

CB Commentaries Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB Commentaries   CB Commentaries EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 4:50 am

Fixed camera angle of Spectator View makes somewhat dull to watch and often makes it hard to see what's going on, plus you'll have to cycle through gazillion baddies before finding someone interesting to spectate (unless you intend to spectate only one person), it's not a problem in tourney match since you can kinda expect everyone to be reasonably interesting and active, but casual arena is unfortunately filled with campy sackless twats. Only real benefit Spectator View gives you is the ability to Tab for map whenever you wish to help you commentate on the flow of the match.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

CB Commentaries Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB Commentaries   CB Commentaries Empty

Back to top Go down

CB Commentaries
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next