Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

About new Forum Theme. Please read!

Go down 
+2
Scott-kip
Sean
6 posters

Use the new theme?
Yes
About new Forum Theme.     Please read! Vote_lcap40%About new Forum Theme.     Please read! Vote_rcap
 40% [ 6 ]
No
About new Forum Theme.     Please read! Vote_lcap60%About new Forum Theme.     Please read! Vote_rcap
 60% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 15

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Sean
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Sean

Male Posts : 966

About new Forum Theme.     Please read! Empty
PostSubject: About new Forum Theme. Please read!   About new Forum Theme.     Please read! EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 6:02 pm

Alright so as you guys know I've been working on a new forum theme and we had that banner competition. So far I haven't really gotten a lot of feed back from a lot of people on the theme and I'm wondering if you guys even want it? So this thread is to give your opinions on whether or not you want the new theme or not.

As you can see, there is a poll. The poll will be up for 7 days. (I set it up so it will automatically turn off after 7 days.)
The question is simple. Do you want to use the new theme or not?

Now you're probably wondering what we'll do with the new banner if we don't use the new theme. Well the winner of the banner competition, GabeCello, will receive a custom title with a custom animation if he so chooses.

So please answer the poll and give feed back as to why you chose what you did. If you don't feel like sharing that's fine too.

New theme! (Remember, this is just a testing forum to test new themes that I use. We are not switching forums.)
http://testingthemes.forumotion.com/

Last edited by Sean on Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://xlythe.com
Scott-kip
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Scott-kip

Male Posts : 941

PostSubject: Re: About new Forum Theme. Please read!   About new Forum Theme.     Please read! EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 7:13 pm

This is the same theme from when you first started, and it looks worse than our current one.

no.
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

PostSubject: Re: About new Forum Theme. Please read!   About new Forum Theme.     Please read! EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 7:38 pm

Scott-kip wrote:
This is the same theme from when you first started, and it looks worse than our current one.

no.
Just about this - From when you first started it to now, I don't see any changes at all. The only thing I like is the scrolling bar on the right of recent/popular topics, but that alone wouldn't be enough to want me to change this forum's theme. No offense.
Back to top Go down
Sean
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Sean

PostSubject: Re: About new Forum Theme. Please read!   About new Forum Theme.     Please read! EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 10:27 pm

Astral_Goddess wrote:
Scott-kip wrote:

no.
Just about this - From when you first started it to now, I don't see any changes at all. The only thing I like is the scrolling bar on the right of recent/popular topics, but that alone wouldn't be enough to want me to change this forum's theme. No offense.
Yeah, I haven't really worked on it lately because I'm just running out of ideas. I'm not really sure what else to do on it that won't make it look like complete crap.
Back to top Go down
mikuri
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
mikuri

PostSubject: Re: About new Forum Theme. Please read!   About new Forum Theme.     Please read! EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 12:26 am

Forumotion simply sucks.
That said, I like phpbb3, but there's no theme at all, it's the default one with a new header and some pics replaced.

Things on the right annoys me too, putting too much stuff which should ONLY be showing on INDEX, and even then (I would prefer not).

So make it looks less like default theme, clear some things that are not necessary, and I agree 100%.

I voted yes, if above details are a bit followed. #em3
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: About new Forum Theme. Please read!   About new Forum Theme.     Please read! EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 10:02 am

I'd say keep the current theme but the new buttons are nice Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TerraChika
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
TerraChika

Male Posts : 1000

PostSubject: Re: About new Forum Theme. Please read!   About new Forum Theme.     Please read! EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 10:24 am

Why did I vote yes before checking the testing forum... my darn impulsive instinct #em5 >_> So sorry, Sir Sean...

Back to top Go down
Sean
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Sean

PostSubject: Re: About new Forum Theme. Please read!   About new Forum Theme.     Please read! EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 1:40 am

Alright so the poll is over. Looks like we won't be using the new theme. I will contact GabeCello about his compensation.

Thank you to everyone who voted and gave your opinions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: About new Forum Theme. Please read!   About new Forum Theme.     Please read! Empty

Back to top Go down

About new Forum Theme. Please read!
Page 1 of 1