Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Starter robots

Go down 
+8
Skoczypies
Matt82
flamearm
Sayuri Chan
Kurogane
Zekeinferno
Xenosnake
sal
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
sal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
sal

Male Posts : 136

Starter robots - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starter robots   Starter robots - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 10:09 pm

So do you like land or just want that robo?
Back to top Go down
Matt82
Matt82

Male Posts : 28

PostSubject: Re: Starter robots   Starter robots - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 11:11 pm

Yeah, I'm torn between Getting Lily with a Red paintjob, or Crimrose. I really like flying, but i don't want to make a bad choice of having a weak character and losing a lot. I think I'm going to choose Crimrose for OBT because I'll also have my golden bots with me Wink. If she isn't great, I'm guna switch to Lily.
Back to top Go down
Zekeinferno
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Starter robots   Starter robots - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 11:35 pm

Mimmi: It is ok, in mission modes there is a 3-bot switch. You can take both Lily and Crimrose, but you'll have to die to switch xD. As to your question in power, it goes like this, Lily is strong in guns. Jikun Hu is strong in swords I believe, and Crimrose is the most maneuverable because she can fly over rocks. There is also the Tune-Up ability and varied robot parts, with both, you can make your Lily fly a little bit better or Crimrose a little bit stronger, but the game is highly customizable.

Though you don't need to worry about that now, they'll erase anything anyways. Have fun testing in Open Beta ^^.
Back to top Go down
Sayuri Chan
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Sayuri Chan

Male Posts : 614

PostSubject: Re: Starter robots   Starter robots - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 1:11 am

Take both? what you meanby that o.o?

i tought we can only pick one starter, unless we can get the other too earlier? (i doubt it )

other than that, im so going for crimson rose, with some job paint of purple o.o (if grasp furtner customisation, then maybe more )
Back to top Go down
Skoczypies
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Skoczypies

PostSubject: Re: Starter robots   Starter robots - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 1:42 am

ya got one starter, after some time, ya can eventually run into another.
Back to top Go down
sal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
sal

PostSubject: Re: Starter robots   Starter robots - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 11:46 am

sal

Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:56 am Topic: Hello I have a quick question.
I recently found out that there are two starter robots that i am interested in getting. I would like to know if it is possible for players to get both (during the official release). Or will we have to pick one and abandon the others?

Tempura

Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:06 am Topic: Re: Hello I have a quick question.

In the Japanese version, users can buy the starter robots that they didn't choose from the shop.
There is a rank requirement for purchasing them though, so you can't get them right away.

I can't make any guarantees about the English version Official Service, but it will probably be similar.

Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:27 am Topic: Re: Hello I have a quick question.
Sal

Thanks for the info sounds cool.
Back to top Go down
Sayuri Chan
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Sayuri Chan

PostSubject: Re: Starter robots   Starter robots - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 11:53 am

thanks for info once again ^^

ranks'? is that from the games modes?Âż
Back to top Go down
Cassidy
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Cassidy

PostSubject: Re: Starter robots   Starter robots - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 12:27 pm

You can rank up by doing quests, but it really isn't too hard. I started Jp last night and started with Lilyrain. After doing about 8 stages in quest mode i got a Crimrose for free!

Besides being able to pick your colors in the beginning you can also pick 1 of 3 starter skins~ That's actually why i ended up picking Lilyrain in the beginning instead of Crimrose also one of em kinda reminds me of KOSMOS from Xenosaga xD

Btw quest mode is really satisfying +.+
Back to top Go down
sal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
sal

PostSubject: Re: Starter robots   Starter robots - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 12:33 pm

ty for the info btw did you pick crimsonrose for free or did it randomly give you a robot that happened to be crimson
Back to top Go down
Cassidy
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Cassidy

PostSubject: Re: Starter robots   Starter robots - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 12:53 pm

I dunno if it was random of if she was a set prize but i didn't pick her x) It was pretty nice. While you play whenever you finish a mode take a look at the icons at the top. If your garage is flashing you probably have a new robot in your garage :3
Back to top Go down
Sayuri Chan
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Sayuri Chan

PostSubject: Re: Starter robots   Starter robots - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 12:57 pm

i guess i should be fine ( in planning to quest more than be an pvper)

8 stages in quest to get crimson rose? wow nice ^^

(then again i heard quest isn particulary easy )

thanks for the info (with that said, i may switch to lily, hence i know now how to get crimson rose )
Back to top Go down
Cassidy
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Cassidy

PostSubject: Re: Starter robots   Starter robots - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 1:05 pm

Definitely wasn't easy but very fun~
Kinda like an old school beat-em-up. You move to one spot, enemies appear, kill em, move to the next spot, enemies appear, kill em, Giant Warning Sign, GIANT ROBO BOSS APPEARS MUCH BIGGER THAN YOU WITH INSANE FIREPOWER(I'm reminded of Gurren Lagaan xD -- That phoenix/dragon one was insane but the phantom one was worse x.x), Struggle to destroy it, watch your AI, Party members die, somehow get in that last hit, then you move to the next stage. <------ Story Mode. There's like 6 or 7 different kinds of quests mode, like Assault, Story, etc....i Shoulda looked at em all..

Anyway I got my Crimrose from the Story one.
Back to top Go down
Sayuri Chan
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Sayuri Chan

PostSubject: Re: Starter robots   Starter robots - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 1:08 pm

hmm i see, oh boy, giant bosses <3 im so loving that, i better practive by them ^^

well then, if crimson rose came from an questthat is story mode, where one get lily rain? i dont think they on same mode/nor same numbers of quests x.x

Gurren Lagaan size bosses = epic win <3 (not esactly that size lol, but giants are win )
Back to top Go down
Cassidy
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Cassidy

PostSubject: Re: Starter robots   Starter robots - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 1:10 pm

Well it was 1 in the morning so i only got to do the 1st quest mode, story mode. If i get around to it i'll do another one and report my prize :3

Any other JP players get anything nice?

~JP Server, C4SS, Wiz Union~
Back to top Go down
Sayuri Chan
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Sayuri Chan

PostSubject: Re: Starter robots   Starter robots - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 1:11 pm

i guess i better stick with rose for an while, and figure out how to get lily later, (im not used to artiller battle style, so chossing lily at the begining may be bad )
Back to top Go down
sal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
sal

PostSubject: Re: Starter robots   Starter robots - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 1:15 pm

cant wait to play
Back to top Go down
Cassidy
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Cassidy

PostSubject: Re: Starter robots   Starter robots - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 1:19 pm

Lily Is really fun, i wasn't planning on being Artillery XD
She starts with a gun and sword but when i ran out of ammo, i found out she had a total of 4 weapons starting! If you hold Shift it will show 2 more weapons she'll have on her, Missles, and those spinny things from her video xD go to 1:00 to see them.
Back to top Go down
Sayuri Chan
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Sayuri Chan

PostSubject: Re: Starter robots   Starter robots - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 1:23 pm

i dunno still, my fear is, if get Lily there chances i might suck with it, cause my playstyle is more based on air fight tan ground fight

,if i chose rose, i may not suck much but, i may lost the trail of lily

oh the dilema!
Back to top Go down
sal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
sal

PostSubject: Re: Starter robots   Starter robots - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 1:24 pm

thats cool i like the missle skirt thing
Back to top Go down
Zelse
Zelse

Male Posts : 95

PostSubject: Re: Starter robots   Starter robots - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 1:27 pm

You gotta move around right, though, or they won't hit the target. To clarify, those aren't missles. You know the missles when you see them.
Back to top Go down
Sayuri Chan
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Sayuri Chan

PostSubject: Re: Starter robots   Starter robots - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 1:28 pm

^ such odd weapon lol, oh man (still on the dilema )
Back to top Go down
Cassidy
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Cassidy

PostSubject: Re: Starter robots   Starter robots - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 1:35 pm

Well they were very VERY useful. They home in on the target, i'd have failed story mode without them x)

And the spinny things are pretty nice for destroying turrets. You can use up to 4 at once so if you get close enough to a group of turrets(I usually found them in fours) the targetting ridicule comes up on all 4 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sayuri Chan
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Sayuri Chan

PostSubject: Re: Starter robots   Starter robots - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 1:44 pm

ugh, i take my question better to the admin or maybe to the wiki,
Back to top Go down
Cassidy
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Cassidy

PostSubject: Re: Starter robots   Starter robots - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 4:48 pm

Just got out of JP Cosmic Break, I used Crimrose in Story mode and got Lazflame(the centaur one) as my prize! Very Happy
I then tried Assault mode but died on the final boss.
Tried MiniMode(Waves of tiny little Cactus bots!)...Died on boss.
Tried MiniMode(Waves of CUNNING Penguin bots!)...Died on boss(all the penguins got together and called upon a GIANT heavily armored penguin to take me out!!). x.x

I'm sure you'd end up with Lilyrain eventually. I'll be starting with Lilyrain tomorrow since Crimrose can be bought in the shop for 6000Uc while Lilyrain costs cash.
Back to top Go down
Sayuri Chan
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Sayuri Chan

PostSubject: Re: Starter robots   Starter robots - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 5:48 pm

hmm all that spicy stuff, must test it! (always liked to face an crapload of monsters in big groups )

brought this up from page 3 of this thread

(you can check this again page 3 of this same thread )

Quote :
Tempura

Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:06 am Topic: Re: Hello I have a quick question.

In the Japanese version, users can buy the starter robots that they didn't choose from the shop.
There is a rank requirement for purchasing them though, so you can't get them right away.

I can't make any guarantees about the English version Official Service, but it will probably be similar.

there might be chances that lily might end up be buyable/obtainable in IN games means
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starter robots   Starter robots - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Starter robots
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next