Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Starter and freebie bots

Go down 
+16
Kitouski
UncleBobbie
xzpwnz
HEARTLESS_HALOS
Adius
necrodrakath
ziix
IronFist
FireKiller87
knyx
boytitan2
Havok
NumeroDoS
Priskern
Suguri
Dashing Dreamer
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Dashing Dreamer
Newcomer
Newcomer
Dashing Dreamer

Male Posts : 16

Starter and freebie bots Empty
PostSubject: Starter and freebie bots   Starter and freebie bots EmptyMon May 09, 2011 9:47 am

Well obviously I'm a newbie so I hope you'll be gentle aha. So here goes. Are any of the starter and freebie bots worth it? Like actually using them in your commando for arena fights and such? Also, is it possible to just be a pure UC player? Thanks in advance Razz.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Starter and freebie bots   Starter and freebie bots EmptyMon May 09, 2011 9:54 am

All three of the starter bots are good, though you're better off buying Jikun Hu and Lily Rain for UC in the shop; their starter versions have locked, 0-slot legs, while starter Crimrose has unlocked 2-slot parts and a garapon weapon - Beam Gun Mod. The purpose of that is Jikun and Lily being Rt only in JP, so that served as a balancing feature for Crim, but all three of them are UC in EN, so there's no reason not to start with Crimrose. To answer the question directly, all three are great bots in their own right. I'd personally probably say Crimrose > Lily >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jikun, but all three are good and are definitely viable against skilled players.

The freebie bots from rankup - Jikun Long and Winberyl - are also both great. Locked parts and no slots is a downside, but if you aren't planning on doing any heavy tuning it's not too big a deal, especially since the parts that are locked are ones you probably wouldn't want to switch in the first place.

Many people would disagree, but playing pure UC is definitely possible. Lots of people are just blind as to what UC things are good. >_>
Back to top Go down
Priskern
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Priskern

Male Posts : 1142

PostSubject: Re: Starter and freebie bots   Starter and freebie bots EmptyMon May 09, 2011 10:06 am

Dashing Dreamer wrote:
Well obviously I'm a newbie so I hope you'll be gentle aha. So here goes. Are any of the starter and freebie bots worth it? Like actually using them in your commando for arena fights and such? Also, is it possible to just be a pure UC player? Thanks in advance Razz.

Crimrose=> low cost air with beam gun mod, promotes to seraph for best standard s air
lily rain => moving burst makes her a mobile burst art that kill/seriously damage target head on and escape without them even realising what just happened.
lazflame => bad at low levels, but one of the better lnd hoppers at high level, hoppers are annoying *_* especially with her size
jikun hu => laggers are annoying, skillful laggers that kills are deadly AND annoying, easy to spam, hard to master.
winberrl => *repairing* + thorn bind and with burst fire bit, her fullburst stun locks target to death.

They are like pocket monster's starters, nowhere near the best, but high enough performance for you to last till "endgame". Especially under good hands.
Back to top Go down
NumeroDoS
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
NumeroDoS

Male Posts : 705

PostSubject: Re: Starter and freebie bots   Starter and freebie bots EmptyMon May 09, 2011 10:26 am

You're new, so you probably haven't gotten your free giveaway bot yet. Since you included freebie bots, I'm going to recommend you get yourself a Maril March Trill, which you can get via this link.

http://www.gameogre.com/forums/contests-events-giveaways/11696-cosmicbreak-robot-code-giveaway.html (Hurry, less than 3,000 keys remaining!)

M-sized ART with the unique Sound Ball core. As for her usability in Arena, she's more than able to give your opponents a headache, given that the sound balls have decent homing and that you can access L-size weaponry, something that Lily Rain can't. Cons, however, is that she's not as mobile as the others, so standard ART rules apply until you get better in playing.

There are three more other bots up for grabs but this bot is, which are LazFlamme LOUD, Mecha Jetter GOLD and Katana Max GOLD. Personally though, Maril is the most able Arena bot amongst all of the freebies.
Back to top Go down
Dashing Dreamer
Newcomer
Newcomer
Dashing Dreamer

PostSubject: Re: Starter and freebie bots   Starter and freebie bots EmptyMon May 09, 2011 10:39 am

Thank you for the answers. Now I'm feeling a lot more secure in breaking their level limits lol. Wouldn't want to waste UC since I can't buy Rt yet.

Suguri wrote:
Many people would disagree, but playing pure UC is definitely possible. Lots of people are just blind as to what UC things are good. >_>

I think my Destructor seems to be doing well even though he's purely UC. Lol, should I be happy?

Also, regarding Tune Up, when do you guys think is the best time to perform one? And would it be prudent in tuning up parts that have only 1 slot or less than 3 slots?

priskern wrote:
They are like pocket monster's starters, nowhere near the best, but high enough performance for you to last till "endgame". Especially under good hands.

Lol, I knew it had to be something along those lines. Choosing a starter which has different strength and weaknesses with a rock-paper-scissors type of thing. Thanks for confirming my analogy.

NumeroDOS wrote:
You're new, so you probably haven't gotten your free giveaway bot yet. Since you included freebie bots, I'm going to recommend you get yourself a Maril March Trill, which you can get via this link.

Wow, thanks for this! I'll be sure to get it soon. And the tips too. Well, I just got my Jikun Long level up freebie recently so lol.

The community here is nice lol. Compared to others CB is way cool.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Starter and freebie bots   Starter and freebie bots EmptyMon May 09, 2011 4:29 pm

Dashing Dreamer wrote:

Suguri wrote:

I think my Destructor seems to be doing well even though he's purely UC. Lol, should I be happy?
Destructor's definitely a good one. Lots of capacity, good stats, great internal weapon.
Back to top Go down
Dashing Dreamer
Newcomer
Newcomer
Dashing Dreamer

PostSubject: Re: Starter and freebie bots   Starter and freebie bots EmptyMon May 09, 2011 4:38 pm

Now that I've lurked around a bit I am under the impression that you're pretty knowledgeable. Thanks for the advices Suguri. Razz
Back to top Go down
Havok
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Havok

Male Posts : 150

PostSubject: Re: Starter and freebie bots   Starter and freebie bots EmptyMon May 09, 2011 5:01 pm

Dashing Dreamer wrote:
Now that I've lurked around a bit I am under the impression that you're pretty knowledgeable. Thanks for the advices Suguri. Razz

You are most definitely right about that. Suguri has helped me a lot. Smile

Even though these are not give away bots they are UC/Drops

I would like to recommend Accel Saber. (extremely versatile, can have two heads only part that is sorta meh is the legs smaller hitboxes are good)

Can't forget about Red Squealer as well, amazing L sized land type with wicked punches. If played well can go toe to toe with nearly any other bot even most RT bots, His punches even seek air types fairly well. Fairly balanced stats too. The only downside to him is that he is an arcantus/union wars drop bot, so he may take awhile to assemble. Since the parts drop one by one.

Anyway hope this helps a little!
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

Male Posts : 8639

PostSubject: Re: Starter and freebie bots   Starter and freebie bots EmptyMon May 09, 2011 5:12 pm

start leveling a crim rose make fag hoppers buy accel saber there u go
Back to top Go down
Dashing Dreamer
Newcomer
Newcomer
Dashing Dreamer

PostSubject: Re: Starter and freebie bots   Starter and freebie bots EmptyMon May 09, 2011 7:07 pm

Havok wrote:
I would like to recommend Accel Saber. (extremely versatile, can have two heads only part that is sorta meh is the legs smaller hitboxes are good)

Can't forget about Red Squealer as well, amazing L sized land type with wicked punches. If played well can go toe to toe with nearly any other bot even most RT bots, His punches even seek air types fairly well. Fairly balanced stats too. The only downside to him is that he is an arcantus/union wars drop bot, so he may take awhile to assemble. Since the parts drop one by one.

I see. I haven't taken much look at the shop yet so I don't know which bots are good and what not, so thank you. Yes, I've spammed Arcantus some time ago and got some Red Squealer parts and I think they're pretty good. I think I have the LG, AM, and HD...I think lol. And yes, I'm sure it will help. Smile

Pardon me for being noob though, but what's a hitbox? Ahaha.

boytitan2 wrote:

Yup, my main is actually a Crimrose but may I know what is a hopper?

Sorry, my noobiness is filling up the place lolz.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Starter and freebie bots   Starter and freebie bots EmptyMon May 09, 2011 7:13 pm

BEEZLE FROGLANDER MANLYBALLER TAG TEAMU.

Seriously, get those bots for only 2400 UC, and they can become some of the best bots you use.

I main a beezle.
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

PostSubject: Re: Starter and freebie bots   Starter and freebie bots EmptyMon May 09, 2011 7:20 pm

Just as a comparison:

Destructor has AAmissiles for a core weapon with nice stats, especially as a bot with 20+ TEC and 20+ TGH out of the box.

Destructor CN(his red variant) has a Bazooka core weapon that's excellent after you pick up his Internal carts. Same deal as Destructor, although there's a slight variation in his stats between him and normal Destructor.

Dashing Dreamer wrote:

A hopper is a robot that makes heavy use of the custom cart Short Boost. It screws with CB's auto-lock on pretty well, but there are certain strategies which you can make use of to reduce the advantage of Short Boost.

Since your main is a Crimrose...(I assume you don't know these things already and that you picked Crim as your starter, sorry if I'm wrong Razz)

-You get 1-slot Wing Plus AMJs as level up prizes, as well as Proto Cosmos ALPHA. If possible, I would tune those Wing Plus AMJs for Proto Boost(+1 FLY, +5 Cost) to maximize your flight speed so you can dodge more incoming fire. These will eventually be replaced, so don't worry about tuning them for High/Great Boost or whatever.
-Don't tune your Crimrose AMs. They can be useful as replacement parts if/when you upgrade to Seraph and break slots on your 3-slot Crimrose AMs.
-I assume you're planning to upgrade to Seraph Crimrose eventually. A few words of advice: 1, don't upgrade to Seraph until your Crim hits level 10 because a Seraph upgraded from level 8 or 9 Crimrose has lesser Capacity and HP, and 2, save up for Seraph Promotion + Limit Remove Lv5 + Limit Remove Lv8 early(you can get Seraph Promo of a random color in SP Lotto Cubes, but that's sort of unreliable and you gotta get lucky). The total cost for upgrading your Crim to Seraph status, assuming you didn't get any of the needed items from Lotto Cubes, is 175000 UC. So save early! I'd buy the Limit Removals first, then save for Seraph Promo.
-To level up robots quickly, keep two robots who have maxed out their EXP bars in your commando, and stick the robot you want to level up quickly in the last slot. Said robot will gain all the experience from an arena match if the other two robots have full EXP bars. This is REALLY useful once robots hit higher levels(Leveling Crimrose from 9 to 10 takes something like 24k EXP, which will take a LOOOOOOONG time).
-Beam Gun Mod is a very useful weapon, even at higher ranks. Ask somebody what to tune for, I never tuned mine so I can't help you there. It's got one slot and one slot only so choose carefully and make sure it works.
-Good UC weapons for Crimrose/Seraph are Plasma Gun/Limited PG for general attack and Mini Bazooka for Anti-Air attack. Mini Bazooka is also good for high damage dealing(approximately 23 force compared to Plasma Gun's 18 Force).
-Good RT weapons for Crimrose/Seraph are...Idk, Auto Beam Rifle? I don't play RT much, so I don't really know.
-For Crimrose, you may want to buy an Izuna Kamui Nagi(shop: 16000 UC) and stick her LG2 on Crim. Izuna Kamui LG2 comes with a fused Izuna Kamui BS, which gives you the Tail Wisp homing subweapon(8 force, 320 ammo, 230 range, fires 8 wisps per activation). This is nice if you have trouble hitting consistently with normal weapons, but has a total of 140 cost. Unless you want to become a wisp spammer, you'll want to get rid of these once you upgrade to Seraph or become proficient with your handheld weapons.
-Seraph has two useful abilities locked to her BD: the most important one is the Seraph Wings(locked to Crim's BS2)which grant you 40+ FLY and unlimited Boost Gauge for a certain duration of time. You begin with one Seraph Wing, and it lasts for 27 seconds after activation.
The second ability is the Seraph Tackle(locked to Seraph BD), which is a 21 Force melee subweapon with unlimited ammo. This is useful for piercing multiple enemies(you can hit them and fly straight through with Seraph Tackle active) and getting off the ground and retreating quickly(the tackle consumes about 1/10th of your boost gauge and leaves you flying low to the ground). If you have an enemy locked on, your Seraph Tackle will target the enemy you're locked onto. This is useful because you don't have to aim yourself, just lock on.
-Crimrose is terrible against any robot or weapon that remotely looks like Anti-Air in function. That said, avoid fighting enemy Artillery directly, as they have long range Explosive-type weapons(which deal 2.3x damage to your Crim) that will send your poor Crim straight to robot heaven.
-When customizing, remember that FLY should be priority 1, with TEC a close second(unless you're a melee AIR type of guy). TGH should be kept at least 10 for Crimrose, and 10-15 for Seraph. STR and WLK can be sacrificed(leave at least 1 in both stats).
-Crimrose is an excellent harrassment robot due to her small hitbox and AIR robot type.
-When adding Custom Cartridges, Quick Boost is a necessity. Quick Jump/Land is nice to have but not completely necessary. Same thing with Sniper Sight/Stealth System; one can be added depending on your play style. The mobility carts(Short Boost, Sway, Boost Run, Float Dash, etc.) can be ignored unless you're gonna play an AIR hopper.
-If you find your Crim/Seraph with below average TGH(say, 5-10 TGH), Stun Regain may be a good investment(for 20 cost, your robot will regain a certain % of it's HP every time it's stunned. This % decreases the less HP the robot has).

Last edited by FireKiller87 on Mon May 09, 2011 7:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

PostSubject: Re: Starter and freebie bots   Starter and freebie bots EmptyMon May 09, 2011 7:27 pm

Dashing Dreamer wrote:
Havok wrote:

I see. I haven't taken much look at the shop yet so I don't know which bots are good and what not, so thank you. Yes, I've spammed Arcantus some time ago and got some Red Squealer parts and I think they're pretty good. I think I have the LG, AM, and HD...I think lol. And yes, I'm sure it will help. Smile

Pardon me for being noob though, but what's a hitbox? Ahaha.

boytitan2 wrote:

learn short boost and quick land
Back to top Go down
IronFist
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
IronFist

Male Posts : 502

PostSubject: Re: Starter and freebie bots   Starter and freebie bots EmptyMon May 09, 2011 7:30 pm

FireKiller87 wrote:
Just as a comparison:

Destructor has AAmissiles for a core weapon with nice stats, especially as a bot with 20+ TEC and 20+ TGH out of the box.

Destructor CN(his red variant) has a Bazooka core weapon that's excellent after you pick up his Internal carts. Same deal as Destructor, although there's a slight variation in his stats between him and normal Destructor.

all I know is . . . King Gigaton have the same stats and do almost the same damage at level 10 than my Destructor at lvl 9 . . .

so I would say King Gigaton is better because I still can tune up to make it either with a better WLK (WLK 4 or 5 at all my 3 Mobile Fortress - Destructor, Destructor CN and King Gigaton bug Gigaton is the one with that high damage + TEC 18 and TGH 20 . . . CN have TEC 20 TGH 18 at lvl 5 but the damage is almost half of what my Destructor or my Gigaton have but Gigaton is the only one with FLY 7 and WLK 7, the other tow have WLK 4 FLY 1 and WLK 6 FLY 4 . . . also gigaton have the stats + 40 HP than the other L ARTS I have)

Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

PostSubject: Re: Starter and freebie bots   Starter and freebie bots EmptyMon May 09, 2011 7:42 pm

IronFist wrote:
FireKiller87 wrote:
Just as a comparison:

all I know is . . . King Gigaton have the same stats and do almost the same damage at level 10 than my Destructor at lvl 9 . . .

so I would say King Gigaton is better because I still can tune up to make it either with a better WLK (WLK 4 or 5 at all my 3 Mobile Fortress - Destructor, Destructor CN and King Gigaton bug Gigaton is the one with that high damage + TEC 18 and TGH 20 . . . CN have TEC 20 TGH 18 at lvl 5 but the damage is almost half of what my Destructor or my Gigaton have but Gigaton is the only one with FLY 7 and WLK 7, the other tow have WLK 4 FLY 1 and WLK 6 FLY 4 . . . also gigaton have the stats + 40 HP than the other L ARTS I have)

king gigatons hit box is HHHUUUGGGEEEE
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Starter and freebie bots   Starter and freebie bots EmptyMon May 09, 2011 8:15 pm

IronFist wrote:
FireKiller87 wrote:
Just as a comparison:

Gigaton's only got 15 capa over Destructor, and doesn't have the internal anti-air missiles. Stats between the two aren't significantly different, and Gigaton costs over six times as much UC.
Back to top Go down
IronFist
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
IronFist

PostSubject: Re: Starter and freebie bots   Starter and freebie bots EmptyMon May 09, 2011 8:45 pm

Suguri wrote:
IronFist wrote:
FireKiller87 wrote:
Just as a comparison:

Gigaton's only got 15 capa over Destructor, and doesn't have the internal anti-air missiles. Stats between the two aren't significantly different, and Gigaton costs over six times as much UC.

stats arent at the start . . . I can confirm that by having them both and Destructor is lvl 9 while Gigaton is lvl 6 but them both do the same damage but Gigaton have a bit better stats for lower level (but higher cost) so . . . Gigaton is really worth his UC cost for that if I can have a better WLK with tune up because I would really want to have a Mobile Fortress that could really be Mobile.
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

PostSubject: Re: Starter and freebie bots   Starter and freebie bots EmptyMon May 09, 2011 8:51 pm

IronFist wrote:
Suguri wrote:
IronFist wrote:

stats arent at the start . . . I can confirm that by having them both and Destructor is lvl 9 while Gigaton is lvl 6 but them both do the same damage but Gigaton have a bit better stats for lower level (but higher cost) so . . . Gigaton is really worth his UC cost for that if I can have a better WLK with tune up because I would really want to have a Mobile Fortress that could really be Mobile.

trust me I know from experince 20 wlk boost runing l sized art with grandum booster is still easy tarrget

actualy anything that isnt a hopper is a easy target and u cant hop propperly with LL sized parts the game slows down the hopping animation so in reality

only mobile arts are grandum the bot if given small m sized parts and destrutor ameteus maril march cause u can make em hoppers

lily rain and albatross,eve with float dash

there is no such thing as a mobile bot with out a small hit box and short boost or float dash
Back to top Go down
IronFist
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
IronFist

PostSubject: Re: Starter and freebie bots   Starter and freebie bots EmptyMon May 09, 2011 8:56 pm

well . . .

I must say that WLK 1 to 7 u almost dont move . . . so WLK 20 would make u able to move something instead of being just a big turret
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Starter and freebie bots   Starter and freebie bots EmptyMon May 09, 2011 9:05 pm

IronFist wrote:
Suguri wrote:
IronFist wrote:

Starter and freebie bots 4j9klt

Starter and freebie bots A4ocv7

You're going to have to explain to me how the hell Gigaton is supposedly better, because the only thing I see in Gigaton's favor is that he can melee better than Destructor (lol).

And, my mistake, Destructor is 5000 UC, King Gigaton is 50,000, so Gigaton's actually ten times more expensive.
Back to top Go down
IronFist
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
IronFist

PostSubject: Re: Starter and freebie bots   Starter and freebie bots EmptyMon May 09, 2011 9:09 pm

try to explain to me how my Destructor is lvl 9, with all +cost carts but 1 anti-burning cart and have a lower cost than Gigaton at lvl 6 . . . (will check Destructor carts again when I get back online at the game but I set all +cost carts I could to be able to do as much damage as I could with it and was my first bot at lvl 9)

I cant, all I know is that its how its working for me (and both bots build up are almost the same, less for the BDs and LGs, they do almost the same damage but Gigaton at lvl 6 have bettes WLK and FLY and with higher cost than Destructor at lvl 9)

Back to top Go down
ziix
Burger Molcar
Burger Molcar

PostSubject: Re: Starter and freebie bots   Starter and freebie bots EmptyMon May 09, 2011 9:20 pm

King Gigaton is only good for ART melee his cost, but you'll probably put some anti air missiles there (Missile LGJ/Grandum BS), so might as well use Destructor.
Back to top Go down
IronFist
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
IronFist

PostSubject: Re: Starter and freebie bots   Starter and freebie bots EmptyMon May 09, 2011 9:23 pm

ziix wrote:
King Gigaton is only good for ART melee his cost, but you'll probably put some anti air missiles there (Missile LGJ/Grandum BS), so might as well use Destructor.

and, the homming of either Grandum and Missile LGL are better than the Destructor BD missile . . . (and I have 3 Grandum BSs . . . my L ARTs feel like naked without it)
Back to top Go down
NumeroDoS
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
NumeroDoS

Male Posts : 705

PostSubject: Re: Starter and freebie bots   Starter and freebie bots EmptyMon May 09, 2011 9:24 pm

Grandum BS?

Dat hitbox, dohoho.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Starter and freebie bots   Starter and freebie bots EmptyMon May 09, 2011 9:25 pm

ziix wrote:
I think you mean his capacity. Gigaton's cost maxes at 1330, which is disgustingly high.

NumeroDoS wrote:
Grandum BS?

Dat hitbox, dohoho.
Giant hitbox aside, its integrated missiles are actually pretty damn good.

I find it amusing it was actually really popular on arts until boytitan popularized the whole "fat art" thing. :V
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starter and freebie bots   Starter and freebie bots Empty

Back to top Go down

Starter and freebie bots
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next