Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lily Rain BD#0

Go down 
+3
Rexir2
Relict?
S074
7 posters
AuthorMessage
S074
S074

Lily Rain BD#0 Empty
PostSubject: Lily Rain BD#0   Lily Rain BD#0 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 11:03 am

So, let's start by saying I probably am a masochist but sometimes I like pointless challenges.

I definitely want to build something at least barely useful out of the starting Lily Rain you used to get in place of the current HD one.

Yes, BD#0 Lily.
Yes, the one with locked LG.
Possibly, but not limited to UC.

I want my first bot ever to shine, despite being nothing but a small blink compared to the light a Resha can emit without any effort at all.

I already did some major mistakes that I should rectify with cartridges, so I plan to reset her (eihter by junking her or using a reset cartridge as she's almost level 9) and start from the beginning.

I will post here my current build as soon as I'll be back home (I'm at work now >_>) to see if she can be saved without junking (she still lacks Float Dash!) by simply changing weapons and parts.

I want maximum survivability out of her limited stats as objective, damage is secondary.
I'd like to receive any kind of suggestion you can provide to tune her toward her maximum capability!

Thank you!

EDIT: As promised, here's her current build, and a test I'm planning on.
Any constructive comment is appreciated, thanks!

OLD:

NEW PROTOTYPE:
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

Lily Rain BD#0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lily Rain BD#0   Lily Rain BD#0 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 5:29 pm

Great tunes are inefficient.
You can get most of your parts from SUC, so you can just bruteforce tunes in said parts.
Float Dash endpoint is at 30, so I have read. Otherwise, use 31, 34, or 38.
If you're going to use two handy bazookas, maybe you should pick up Moving Burst.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Relict? on Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
S074
S074

Lily Rain BD#0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lily Rain BD#0   Lily Rain BD#0 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 7:11 pm

This is exactly the kind of suggestion I was looking for, thank you!

I Just have to stock up on materials and wait for the right set of slotted parts, but I think it's feasable one small step at a time.
Back to top Go down
Rexir2
Teddy Slide
Teddy Slide

Male Posts : 188

Lily Rain BD#0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lily Rain BD#0   Lily Rain BD#0 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 12:47 pm

@Relict? I don't mean to be rude, but to me, having ANY stat at 0 defines a broken build. I know that even I can do better than that, even with the parts meant for her.

CosmicCalc doesn't seem to like iPads, so I had to type the build myself (can't get lists to scroll).

Spoiler:

I chose magnet guns over handy/micro bazookas because they don't nerf Lily's FLY. Being psyguns, they also complement her core. The slayer bit is for protection against melee users.

Getting the parts is definitely harder, but I'm pretty sure that Le Reve pops up in the weekly gara once in a while. I got a normal variant from a Ro Cube. You can also get them if you're (un)lucky with Hu Cubes.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by blead on Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:47 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to say how to get parts)
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Lily Rain BD#0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lily Rain BD#0   Lily Rain BD#0 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 1:12 pm

That's your opinion. I'm sure you didn't mean anything by it.

Since he limited himself to the original Lily, perhaps your build is more ideal. If he wasn't, he could probably swap some parts in order maximize TEC while dunking STR. In my opinion, having a tiny fragile wonderbit is usually less needed than maximum damage.

My suggested parts are also easier to obtain. As a result, you can UC tune instead of spending valuable protectors and harmonics on such a novel bot.
Back to top Go down

Lily Rain BD#0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lily Rain BD#0   Lily Rain BD#0 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 1:41 pm

I personally prefer Handy Baz over Magnet gun, due to efficiency in self defense and availability.

Handy Baz can easily be obtained in 3s, and have a better use against defending from rushing lands.
Back to top Go down
Rexir2
Teddy Slide
Teddy Slide

Male Posts : 188

Lily Rain BD#0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lily Rain BD#0   Lily Rain BD#0 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 1:54 pm

@Relict? Hmm, you have a point. This calls for a revision!

Rt shop Lily costs 15 Rt at the moment, so those parts are much easier for FtP players to access. The parts come w/ 2 slots each, so my build is still (mostly) possible.

The easier build will be pretty much the same, but the tunes need to be changed.
Great Boost Alpha x4
Great Technique Alpha x2
High Technique Alpha x2

Stats pretty much are the same, except that TEC = 28 and WLK = 6.

About the bit, I chose the slayer for better protection against bots that get too close. If I was focusing on firepower, I'd choose dual rifles. As was stated, survivability is more important than damage.
Back to top Go down
JadeCicada
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
JadeCicada

Lily Rain BD#0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lily Rain BD#0   Lily Rain BD#0 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 2:01 pm

Relict's build can actually be rendered to have positive STR and still have room for a Slayer Bit (I'm personally fond of Berz Fly Bits on my own Starter Lily), just by converting three of the High Boost Betas into High Boost Alphas, and the High Tech Alphas all into High Tech. An alternate option is to convert all of those High Tech Alphas instead into Rangers, which will result in 26 TEC only but gets you an extra 120 HP (and still comfortable room for a Wonder Bit).

But if we don't make the stat positive, what we're doing is exchanging the capacity to use a Wonder Bit (which is arguable how penalizing this is, this isn't just a decision one can definitively say in one direction to another) for a large amount of capacity. Unused, it isn't too useful, but there's a variety of options that can be done even without more slots for tuning space.

- Accel Roll always fits nicely in these kinds of situations. Tickets drop free every now and then and having the capa spare to fit it on is always handy.
- A heftier weapon than a Handy Bazooka can be added. There isn't much for UC choices here, though, and Handy Bazookas always have been generally reliable. But it's still an option.
- Up to two High Tech Alpha tunes can be converted into High Ranger tunes to get up to 60 more HP.
- Up to six High Tech Alpha tunes can be converted into Great Tech Alpha tunes to get up to 40 TEC.
- One can convert two High Tech Alpha Tunes into Great Tech Alpha tunes to remove a third High Tech Alpha and replace it with, say, a Force Tune on one of the Handy Bazookas. This is 20 cost per operation, so you can fit a Force Tune on each weapon and still have room to go (and, say, jump up to 36 TEC, a breakpoint for a Force-tuned Handy Bazooka).
- An entire capacity cart can be dumped for a fifth cart that isn't Stealth System or Soul Eater. A Guard is always a nice-to-have, or perhaps Sniper Sight.
Back to top Go down
S074
S074

Lily Rain BD#0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lily Rain BD#0   Lily Rain BD#0 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 5:07 am

Question:
With such a large gap between str and tec, doesn't your bit last no more than a few seconds? Is it worth to have 1 str to use it?
Back to top Go down
Magna.Zero
Master Poster
Master Poster
Magna.Zero

Male Posts : 2895

Lily Rain BD#0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lily Rain BD#0   Lily Rain BD#0 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 5:49 am

Yes it is worth. As long as it does not go negative.

iirc 1 STR can make your WB stays for about 20/30 seconds. I tried that before on my Dual Rifle bit.

Most ART builds that has negative STR mean that they didn't rely on WB, for lower cost build. It is up to you to use extra 5 cost for WB.
Back to top Go down
tehprognoob
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
tehprognoob

Male Posts : 1712

Lily Rain BD#0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lily Rain BD#0   Lily Rain BD#0 EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 1:37 pm

@ relixr

no weapon tunes

lol sure w/e stay with your 1 STR

whatever; for the real niggas :

@magna

>as long as it doesn't go negative

negative stat comes out as 0 in game.
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Lily Rain BD#0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lily Rain BD#0   Lily Rain BD#0 EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 1:40 pm

Prog, the OP is limiting himself with the default Lily. The one with the locked Lily LGs ;_;
Back to top Go down
tehprognoob
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
tehprognoob

Lily Rain BD#0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lily Rain BD#0   Lily Rain BD#0 EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 1:41 pm

fuck

brb making build for a LOCKED waste of mats

EDIT: Isn't that BD8?

EDIT: OP never mentioned alphagging? Cool

EDIT: oh wait OP wants the default Lily BEFORE the HD default Lily? That one had locked legs? (I took starter crim so I have no idea)

Last edited by tehprognoob on Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fireflywater
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Fireflywater

Male Posts : 1220

Lily Rain BD#0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lily Rain BD#0   Lily Rain BD#0 EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 1:44 pm

tehprognoob wrote:
EDIT: Isn't that BD8?
BD#0. Just use BD1 with default LG and do no tunes to it (I think).
Back to top Go down
tehprognoob
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
tehprognoob

Lily Rain BD#0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lily Rain BD#0   Lily Rain BD#0 EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 1:45 pm

Yes I realized

that makes it even worse ;_;

What am I supposed to do with so few slots:
Back to top Go down