Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Amateus and Sturbanger

Go down 
+13
Midreus
God is a Cat Girl
Phantomhive
ziix
Magna.Zero
tehprognoob
Astral_Dono
Shai
Scott-kip
Suguri
Senior Grey
Fireflywater
Axanael
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Axanael
[SKELETOR]
Axanael

Male Posts : 1319

Amateus and Sturbanger Empty
PostSubject: Amateus and Sturbanger   Amateus and Sturbanger EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 10:21 pm

Are they worth the 50rt (Or allocating my month's rt charge) to purchase?

I was liking the look of them when I was rolling around the shop a bit ago.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Amateus and Sturbanger   Amateus and Sturbanger EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 10:24 pm

sturb takes a shitload of tuning to make good. amateus is generally used to carry expensive weapons (ballistic launcher, pump zook, etc)

i can (attempt) to explain them to you if you want. i don't know much about amateus though since i never use him.
Back to top Go down
Fireflywater
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Fireflywater

Male Posts : 1220

PostSubject: Re: Amateus and Sturbanger   Amateus and Sturbanger EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 10:25 pm

Be aware when getting Sturbanger. His HD is a great AIR melee HD. His BS is okay, but not amazing. However, his BD is his selling point. The missiles have very high statistical DPS (9*2 Force, 600 INT, 30 f/s missiles) but his accuracy is subpar. This has to do with his missiles being cocked on the side, making a huge blindspot. Aiming at AIRs fixes the issue, but it still doesn't like to hit. It involves much practice to understand how his missiles work.
However, tune for alot of WLK/FLY (his BD has 2 base WLK and 2 base FLY), it'll help keep enemies in his "sweetspot." Also spam hypershot and powerspot, it will make him so, so much better.
Back to top Go down
Senior Grey
[Donator]
[Donator]
Senior Grey

PostSubject: Re: Amateus and Sturbanger   Amateus and Sturbanger EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 1:38 am

Amateus is easier to maintain because it has better core mobility than Sturbanger's. This frees up some slots when tuning. Plus, its M sized, so you can use common 3s S sized parts like Tentrion AMs. It also has hopping carts giving it better survivability and versatility.

If you try building a Sturbanger. you can expect to build something like this without going into the negatives.
slapped together uc onry yay:
Once you get its mobility up some, it becomes much better. Just be sure to work in a close range weapon for things too close. With hypershot, it can eat away at enemy airs like a madman, but it won't be able to swat them out of the sky because the missile force is too low.

If you want bang for buck, get Amateus.
If you want Sturby, plan a build out on the calc first.
Back to top Go down
Axanael
[SKELETOR]
Axanael

PostSubject: Re: Amateus and Sturbanger   Amateus and Sturbanger EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 6:20 pm

I was figuring they looked like bots that could handle me weapon whoring, as I tend to do with mechas. Can Sturbanger and Amateus handle 4-5 weapons (Say 2/3 mains and 2 subs), half built in, half held?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Amateus and Sturbanger   Amateus and Sturbanger EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 6:26 pm

people often use amateus for alphag builds.
Back to top Go down
Senior Grey
[Donator]
[Donator]
Senior Grey

PostSubject: Re: Amateus and Sturbanger   Amateus and Sturbanger EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 9:31 pm

Solo_Ace wrote:
I was figuring they looked like bots that could handle me weapon whoring, as I tend to do with mechas. Can Sturbanger and Amateus handle 4-5 weapons (Say 2/3 mains and 2 subs), half built in, half held?

Well, I used Sturbanger core with dual dugdriver AMS and 3xReach Psycho HD2, and its mobility fails in comparison to Amateus using the same setup.

Performance wise, I do alright, but that's because I hog the PS and shoot things through the fog.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Amateus and Sturbanger   Amateus and Sturbanger EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 10:12 pm

I had a post typed up but I guess I got distracted and forgot to submit it. Oops.

Regular Sturbanger has fairly poor stats/capa compared to other L-ARTs, and its core missiles, while high on ammo, are rather weak. Its large missile rack also makes him a large target. If you really want a Sturbanger I'd try to get Sturbanger Standard out of a weekly gara or Ro cube - 60 more capacity; higher base stats; stronger, more accurate missiles; thinner hitbox.

Never tried core-only sturb, one of my clanmates has one and says it's good PS camping. I guess at 40tec if you're always using hypershot it's capable of heckling airs enough. Maybe. Personally I wouldn't even bother with him, 50 Rt can go toward much better things, like Amateus.
Back to top Go down
Axanael
[SKELETOR]
Axanael

PostSubject: Re: Amateus and Sturbanger   Amateus and Sturbanger EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 10:22 pm

So, Sturbanger is probably a bad idea, considering what everyone said. I'll probably try to roll one rather than buy it.

Then I guess Amateus is green-lit for October. Any general advice for him before I probably open an Amateus build thread on the 30th?
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Amateus and Sturbanger   Amateus and Sturbanger EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 10:31 pm

If you're strictly limited to UC options I'd probably use him for Ballistic Launcher (which I have a build you can copypaste from in my Non-Gara Resources thread). Could use x2 Greinaut AM x2 Bazooka alpha or Linear Cannon too.

Short Boost, Quick Land, Beam Guard, Moving Burst (not for Linear Cannon), and Accele Roll are probably the relevant carts you'd want. EIWs are fine if you don't feel the need for other carts/use the subweapon a lot.
Back to top Go down
Fireflywater
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Fireflywater

Male Posts : 1220

PostSubject: Re: Amateus and Sturbanger   Amateus and Sturbanger EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 10:33 pm

Suguri wrote:
Its large missile rack also makes him a large target.
iirc @ parts don't have hitboxes. Didn't you say Garulabird's wings don't have a hitbox?
According to that wording, then my argument is invalid in the case of Sturbanger Girl.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Amateus and Sturbanger   Amateus and Sturbanger EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 11:02 pm

Fireflywater wrote:
Suguri wrote:
Its large missile rack also makes him a large target.
iirc @ parts don't have hitboxes. Didn't you say Garulabird's wings don't have a hitbox?
According to that wording, then my argument is invalid in the case of Sturbanger Girl.
I know for a fact that sturbanger's missile rack is solid. For both regular and standard the hitbox covers the idle position's model, so it's actually more or less a non-issue on standard, but adds a lot of width to regular.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Amateus and Sturbanger   Amateus and Sturbanger EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 11:13 pm

Definitely get Amateus. I currently have Amateus and he is among one of my best Artillery types. He is pretty good on his own, but of course, a little bit of customizing and tuning-up will make him even better. His weapons such as the remote Nuke-blast and Arm cannon are rather decent too!

Sturbanger though, is a no-go. Even before I started playing CB, I heard stuff from other players saying that Sturbanger is a really bad robot, and not worth the 50RT. His missiles are really bad at hitting, he's extremely slow, and is just terrible in general. In fact, I usually go for Sturbangers in a match first, knowing how easy they are to take down.
Back to top Go down
Scott-kip
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Scott-kip

Male Posts : 941

PostSubject: Re: Amateus and Sturbanger   Amateus and Sturbanger EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 11:18 pm

galaxina wrote:

Sturbanger though, is a no-go. Even before I started playing CB, I heard stuff from other players saying that Sturbanger is a really bad robot, and not worth the 50RT. His missiles are really bad at hitting, he's extremely slow, and is just terrible in general. In fact, I usually go for Sturbangers in a match first, knowing how easy they are to take down.

and here, we have the average brain-dead CB player
Back to top Go down
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
Shai

Female Posts : 4410

PostSubject: Re: Amateus and Sturbanger   Amateus and Sturbanger EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 5:33 am

Amateus. Amateus. Amateus.

I know very limited stuff, I kinda like both. But I prefer more mobility. Still considering spending 50 RT on one (or hope I'm lucky with Lotto) or save up for a Muchi, perhaps Nova, when it comes in Weekly.

I do have Sturbanger mixed with some parts from an other ART (really can't come up with the name atm) as a main in an alt Commando. Yeah, the PS is where he feels home. <3
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

PostSubject: Re: Amateus and Sturbanger   Amateus and Sturbanger EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 6:50 am

Shai wrote:
I do have Sturbanger mixed with some parts from an other ART (really can't come up with the name atm) as a main in an alt Commando. Yeah, the PS is where he feels home. <3
If you were hit by a Vanguard Fencer in the back for 159 damage any time, that was me. <3
Back to top Go down
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
Shai

PostSubject: Re: Amateus and Sturbanger   Amateus and Sturbanger EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 7:19 am

Astral_Goddess wrote:
Shai wrote:
If you were hit by a Vanguard Fencer in the back for 159 damage any time, that was me. <3

Nope, don't remember that happening. <3
Back to top Go down
Axanael
[SKELETOR]
Axanael

PostSubject: Re: Amateus and Sturbanger   Amateus and Sturbanger EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 7:32 pm

Hmm, I'm liking the look of Greinaut's built in weapon arm. I want to keep Amateus's built in cannon however. The problem I see right now is that all the shop bots only have two tune slots per part. Not liking that. Will I still be able to max out (or get close to)? The things I think Amateus would benefit most would be Tec, Fly/Wlk, and TGH.

I also kind of wonder if not using Greinaut and using Victorl SR-1's railgun as the other arm, but that in total will eat up three months of my rt limit.

So Amateus -> Greinaut -> Save rt?
Back to top Go down
tehprognoob
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
tehprognoob

Male Posts : 1712

PostSubject: Re: Amateus and Sturbanger   Amateus and Sturbanger EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 9:45 pm

If you're gonna alphag amateus you'll want Muchi from gara, if not go with 1 weapon, preferably tuned ballistic lawnchair or slice gun hopping with fly tunes
Back to top Go down
Axanael
[SKELETOR]
Axanael

PostSubject: Re: Amateus and Sturbanger   Amateus and Sturbanger EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 10:08 pm

tehprognoob wrote:
If you're gonna alphag amateus you'll want Muchi from gara, if not go with 1 weapon, preferably tuned ballistic lawnchair or slice gun hopping with fly tunes

Erm, what's Muchi, and which gara? I don't know why I can't find ballistic launcher in the store. Is it a gara prize?
Back to top Go down
Magna.Zero
Master Poster
Master Poster
Magna.Zero

Male Posts : 2895

PostSubject: Re: Amateus and Sturbanger   Amateus and Sturbanger EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 10:18 pm

Yes, Ballistic comes from Super UC Garapon.

About Muchi...would randomly appear on Weekly. But well, it was on DX Gara back then.

Edit: Muchi is the Amateus with full-circle on the back, and 3 arrows. More info here
Back to top Go down
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
Shai

PostSubject: Re: Amateus and Sturbanger   Amateus and Sturbanger EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 4:45 am

I want Muchi. ; _ ; After seeing my friend play with a regular Amateus in Arena I really want a Muchi, or at least a regular one. Nova is an option too. Though I do want to go for 3S.
Back to top Go down
ziix
Burger Molcar
Burger Molcar

PostSubject: Re: Amateus and Sturbanger   Amateus and Sturbanger EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 5:58 am

IMO shop amateus is fine for alphagging and 1 weapon builds. (but I wouldn't know since I don't have muchi.)

If you have Muchi, just spam the core weapon, and you'll also have a shop Amateus build + Muchi core spam build if you do that.
Back to top Go down
Phantomhive
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Phantomhive

Male Posts : 507

PostSubject: Re: Amateus and Sturbanger   Amateus and Sturbanger EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 6:36 am

B> muchi
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Amateus and Sturbanger   Amateus and Sturbanger EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 6:55 am

It's not like the extra force on muchi core matters much if you're using an alpha setup or handhelds. Regular's perfectly fine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Amateus and Sturbanger   Amateus and Sturbanger Empty

Back to top Go down

Amateus and Sturbanger
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next