Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Question about the mechanics of this game

Go down 
+14
blead
Lyndon
reVelske
Midreus
Relict?
Suguri
Zwiebel Force
Thranduil
TerraChika
Mew
-Business
Astral_Dono
Fireflywater
SuigenTou
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
SuigenTou
Newcomer
Newcomer

Question about the mechanics of this game  Empty
PostSubject: Question about the mechanics of this game    Question about the mechanics of this game  EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 9:39 pm

First let me say i like this game - or should i say i want to like this game but there are some issues that make me hate it. This is not a rant. These are actual problems I found in the game.

1st -- Damage
How on God green earth is damage calculated on this game? No matter how I build a character, no matter how much I level a character, no matter what I do to a character I always get the default force damage on said weapon at best. Most of the time I deal even lower than that. Before anyone says anything about STR, TECH, and TGH I already know the basics so unless you plan to go in depth I doubt I havent read or heard what you have to say. How be it other people hit me for 114 damage then I turn around and do 4 damage when I have a average build? Even my Lnd type with 34 str doesnt do that much. I'm lucky to get 35 damage out of her.

I'm starting to believe that people who buy items get a automatic damage boost. Let me be the first to tell you guys that, that is not a good thing. Victory should be based on skill, not how much money you have. Ultimately this will keep the numbers (people who play the game) low because many people like myself get tired of this type of tomfoolery rather quickly

2nd character build
Let me guess, your probably thinking "I should tell this guy about upgrading weapons". 30% success rate with no slots bought via RT is a waste of time. The weapon will break. Furthermore I still dont understand the upgrading system because it (upgrades) adds to cost every time. having a Small size character 1200 is just as or even more gimp. When it dies it'll leave a negative score unless you kill 4 or 5 characters.

3rd -- lag
The lag on this game is HORRIBLE! Ok, I know I dont have the best internet connection on earth, but when someone sits still and bullets go though them its a netcode problem. Maybe 25% of my *explosive* weapons hit. Its aoe so even with lag they should hit. (in fact aoe weapons do hit on other pvp games even in lag but not this one) Is there any way to reduce the lag. It's close to unplayable at times.

I thought I'd post this before I uninstall the game. Who knows, maybe a miracle will happen and someone who can explain how to fix all/some of these problems will reply -- especially #1. I know other people who have quit because of this. You guys are losing people because of this broken fighting engine. Trust me when I tell you, If I, someone who have been playing video games since the age of 5 cant make sense of something as simple as increasing my damage, I can only imagine how a truly new person would feel. I suggest making a in detail guide on damage, make it a sticky, make a wiki, contact the developers of this game about it, I dont know do something.

Well I said my piece. Behold, I await a favorably response.
Back to top Go down
Fireflywater
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Fireflywater

Male Posts : 1220

PostSubject: Re: Question about the mechanics of this game    Question about the mechanics of this game  EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:05 pm

It's worth noting that there's a damage multiplier for melee weapons used at the end of the combo.
You can notice that a standalone Halberd won't do much damage. But if you slap a Short Sword, and use the Short Sword before the Halberd, you'll notice that that halberd strike will do alot more damage, despite TGH reduction.
That's why Mighty Byne Girl A (Grapple -> Bunker), Sylvia (Tackle -> Sword), and class melee builds (Hound Dog AM -> Byne AM) do alot of damage.
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

PostSubject: Re: Question about the mechanics of this game    Question about the mechanics of this game  EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:30 pm

1) Damage

The main reason why you're not doing much damage is probably because you're choosing bad weapon matchups against other players. If you're being dealt 100+ damage by anything, it should only be from people who are using a weapon your character type is weak against.

In essence, here's how the "Combat triangle" of Cosmic Break goes:
Robot TypeWeapon SpecailtyWeapon WeaknessType Weakness
Land (LND)Swords, Axes, Maces, any melee weaponBeam-Type weaponsAriel (AIR) Units
Ariel (AIR)Beam-Type weaponsExplosives, Bombs, etc.Artillery (ART) Units
Artillery (ART)Explosives, Bombs, etc.Swords, Axes, Maces, any melee weaponLand (LND) Units
Support (SUP) type robots are general classes that have no type advantages or disadvantages, but as the name suggests, can provide invaluable support to other units, such as healing them, giving them buffs, etc.. Also, shell-type guns (Ones without any explosive/beam properties) such as Magnums, Rifles, Breakers, etc. do not deal any extra damage to specific units and are general use types only.

2) Character Build

Cosmic Break is generally supposed to be a custom robot building game where you can freely mix and match parts, weapons, etc. and create your own skins to participate in the arena. But since the company who owns and runs Cosmic Break doesn't seem to care for (or even know the meaning of) the game's balance, that concept is thrown out the window unless you know what you're doing and tune stuff exactly right.

And yes, I will tell you about upgrading weapons, but upgrading weapons isn't the only thing you can do to tune things up. You can also tune the different stats on your robots to achieve better results in the arena rather than using stock parts that are untuned. Because this increases your robot's fighting capability, the COST of it is raised. That's why when you tune robots, their cost increases, because they have better stats or more potential to fight rather than lower-costing bots.

3) Lag
The lag in Cosmic Break is mostly unable to be helped. CyberStep doesn't know how to keep a good game client running and basically says "If the server is running, it's fine, no matter how laggy it is".

This is the best I can do to answer your questions - If you still have them though, you can always ask me in-game sometime. :3
Back to top Go down
-Business
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
-Business

Male Posts : 133

PostSubject: Re: Question about the mechanics of this game    Question about the mechanics of this game  EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:31 pm

> says he knows about str tec and tgh

> asks how to get more dmg.

> says people who pay have clear advantage....

yes we do because we are supporting the game and helping it stay afloat. as well as getting all of your hate, and all of our moe goodness to shove in your faces...

how to do more dmg? tune. dont wanna tune (you clearly state its worthless unless paid rt)... then whatever. but its not like tuning UC stuff and it breaking matter when you can just get another. right? also, research builds. try different builds. try diff combos of weps. see what fits your playstyle and what actually does enough dmg for your like'n... and oh when you find those things... tune... oh wait you dont wanna right?

str and tec directly influence dmg of weps pending which stat increases the wep your using. you say you understand that.. but obvously you dont. learn the cosmic calc. also.... charts for dmg based on force/strength

>lag
its either your end. or the playerbases end.... since the playerbase extends about 30 countries around the world. id make sure its not on yours. and go from there. there is always the low lat room you can start.

anything i missed? (other than my netbook spelling errors)
Back to top Go down
Mew
The Ultimate Negro
Mew

Female Posts : 1540

PostSubject: Re: Question about the mechanics of this game    Question about the mechanics of this game  EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:54 pm

Are you using a cutter lol?
Back to top Go down
SuigenTou
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Question about the mechanics of this game    Question about the mechanics of this game  EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 11:03 pm

Quote :
It's worth noting that there's a damage multiplier for melee weapons used at the end of the combo.
Do you know the specifics? What do you mean despite tough reduction? Less tough equals more damage?

Quote :
The main reason why you're not doing much damage is probably because you're choosing bad weapon matchups against other players.
I thought so at first to. It is sometimes but eventually I should run into a character that is weak to my gun. For example; a person told me Mini bazooka is 40% explosion. Well Air type takes about 2.4 times damage to explosives. the force power is 23.

23 X .4 X 2.4 = 22.08 +23 should give me 45 damage against air types by default. But instead what I get is 10 or 15 damage. Now it may just be my flawed reasoning but I seriously doubt TGH gives that much of a reduction even at max, especially since it is suppose to be that mech type weakness.

Quote :
You can also tune the different stats on your robots to achieve better results in the arena rather than using stock parts that are untuned.
I need a example of a well tuned bot really. Randomly tuning will just give me a overpriced bot.

Quote :
Yes we do because we are supporting the game and helping it stay afloat. as well as getting all of your hate, and all of our moe goodness to shove in your faces.
You shouldn't. It hurts the game. I would rather cosmic break have a month subscription fee than if what you say is true. It makes the game a even playing field. Also your not "getting all my hate" what ever that means. People are just going to quit. Being elitist is "cool"... until no one is left. New people are the life blood of any online game. shoving anything in their faces is not a good idea.

Quote :
but its not like tuning UC stuff and it breaking matter when you can just get another. right?
the time/reward ratio for hunting items is to low. Getting multiple 3 slot is hard enough but when the weapon is even remotely rare it just doesnt seem reasonable. I played this game for maybe 200-300 hours and I got 1 bazooka that shoot flame meteors. Not even 3 slots at that. With a 30% success rate I'd fail at least 7 on average. It just aint happening even if I put 900 hours into the game.

Quote :
str and tec directly influence dmg of weps pending which stat increases the wep your using. you say you understand that.. but obvously you dont. learn the cosmic calc. also.... charts for dmg based on force/strength
I said I know the basics, not have a complete understanding of the ins and outs of the game as you are implying. How can I learn something that I dont know exist. You speak as if this is common knowledge. If it was, I would not have made this thread. Where are these charts you speak of.

Quote :
Are you using a cutter
3 way dagger. Its suppose to be one of the strongest melee weapons so I have heard. That information could be wrong though.

Back to top Go down
-Business
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
-Business

PostSubject: Re: Question about the mechanics of this game    Question about the mechanics of this game  EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 11:24 pm

time reward = tickets to boost things (uc self explainitory. drop -quest/mission drops xp self explainitory

more 3s wep and parts = super uc gara -8k a roll. get tickets. tune mats. get handy zookz. balistic launchers. star dust cannons. even scouter rifles arent that bad....some rt parts. maybe a RO /WP cube and get lucky... its possible. UC>RT conversion, if you get desperate, can BUY shop wep's... there are viable options in the shop .... use them if you must.

where chart? fanforumm, click cosmicalc. that - charts. prebuild stuff and builds so you have an idea what your doing

how to get uc for this? arena/ and quests. (haku / berz) (with tickets helps )

and yes i would say its common knowledge.... your not going to be a melee LND and tune force which is for ranged weps. (the loading screens tell you this) THAT IS BASICS

and in a free to play game with a shop and a garapon system. those who pay. get the easier road. its common knowledge. you want a subcription game, your i nthe wrong place.

the learning curve is only as steep in this game as you make it be. there is...on this very site... 98% of what you need to know abotu this game... click....search....browse the forum...

Back to top Go down
Fireflywater
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Fireflywater

Male Posts : 1220

PostSubject: Re: Question about the mechanics of this game    Question about the mechanics of this game  EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 11:25 pm

SuigenTou wrote:
Quote :
Do you know the specifics? What do you mean despite tough reduction? Less tough equals more damage?
I'm not sure about the specific multiplier, I want to say "The weapon will do 1.5x the damage it would normally do," but I could be wrong.
And, it's only the finisher weapon this is applied to. If the starter weapon got a chance to deal damage, TGH reduction will be put into effect. One must assume every time you do damage, TGH will be in effect.
But one must also be aware that TGH reduction must be ignored to do more damage. If you pump something with 10 50-force rounds, you will do more damage than with 10 10-force rounds. I know it's obvious, but I hate it when people won't do something just because of TGH reduction.

I'm rambling.
Back to top Go down
TerraChika
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
TerraChika

Male Posts : 1000

PostSubject: Re: Question about the mechanics of this game    Question about the mechanics of this game  EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 11:27 pm

SuigenTou wrote:

Quote :
Are you using a cutter
3 way dagger. Its suppose to be one of the strongest melee weapons so I have heard. That information could be wrong though.

That 3 way dagger is often used in Bastangant Quest Demonfox Haku. 3 way dagger is useless in PVP.
Back to top Go down
SuigenTou
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Question about the mechanics of this game    Question about the mechanics of this game  EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 11:40 pm

-Business wrote:
time reward = tickets to boost things (uc self explainitory. drop -quest/mission drops xp self explainitory
I've had plenty. I didnt just start playing yesterday.

Quote :
more 3s wep and parts = super uc gara -8k a roll.
This is new from when I last played. (i reinstalled this game yesterday after a multiple month hiatus - maybe half a year) I'll try that. Even then parts are limited to what is shown, not to mention the draw is random. Trying to get a specific item -- it might not even be in the grapon.

Quote :
UC>RT conversion
limited to 50 points. Used long ago. Thats 1 bot. even if point are left over its not enough for anything.

Quote :
where chart? fanforumm, click cosmicalc. that - charts. prebuild stuff and builds so you have an idea what your doing
Will check that out.

Quote :
and yes i would say its common knowledge.... your not going to be a melee LND and tune force which is for ranged weps. (the loading screens tell you this) THAT IS BASICS
................... Yes I only have one character. [/end sarcasm]

Quote :
the learning curve is only as steep in this game as you make it be. there is...on this very site... 98% of what you need to know abotu this game... click....search....browse the forum...
Just found this site today.

Quote :
That 3 way dagger is often used in Bastangant Quest Demonfox Haku. 3 way dagger is useless in PVP.
It's "usefulness" shouldnt affect the damage output. Why would it be mega damaging to that boss specifically?

Quote :
I'm not sure about the specific multiplier, I want to say "The weapon will do 1.5x the damage it would normally do," but I could be wrong.
And, it's only the finisher weapon this is applied to.
Different weapons effect the end modifier differently? Do some weapons scale more? Or is it if you duel wield you get the same attack modifier at the end regardless?
Back to top Go down
Thranduil
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Thranduil

PostSubject: Re: Question about the mechanics of this game    Question about the mechanics of this game  EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 11:59 pm

I know who you are, you were that Pentagon rank playing in AAA rooms saying "I wish I could hit 60 damage a shoot"

I was playing Monica in these, see her Rocket stats:

Question about the mechanics of this game  2cadxy

Plus, she had 40TEC, so apply the following formula: (Weapon's Force) * (1 + 0.016 * (TEC-10))

And, you were an Air type, receiving x2.4 from Blast Damage like Monica's Rocket. That's why.
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: Question about the mechanics of this game    Question about the mechanics of this game  EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 12:11 am

-Business wrote:
Yes, you forgot to wear something that covers your arsehole once more.

@DMG: I'm far away from an expert, but I guess you really choose the wrong targets or weapons. A few rules over the thumb (correct me if I'm wrong on anything pl0x):

1. The bigger the bullet the better. Bullet size will help you hitting the target and dealing damage (assuming you actually cover a lot of their hitbox).

2. Dmg calculation in theory is the Force value and your TEC/STR. It also matters which type of bots you're attacking. I believe ARTs and LNDs take 1.5 of the attack they're weak to, while AIRs will suffer the doubled damage whenever an explosive weapon hits them. "Speciality" refers to the availability of said type, the types actually don't do more damage with their "Speciality". Hits from behind do double damage.

3. Dmg reduction: this is rather tricky. The basic idea is: the first hit = Force + TEC/STR - Guard cartridges. Afterwards TGH reduction kicks in. This is even true if somebody else did the first strike. There're also small invincibility frames whenever the bot is stunned, so the dps will decrease even further. The higher the TGH the faster the damage drops.

4. Choose a proper target. Just some time ago I saw someone ragequitting afte his/her Jikun didn't manage to kill an Ivis. Pretty much all the melee users rely heavily on stunlock (melee attacks will always cause a stun), but Ivis is using a special core function tro prevent stuns, so you naturally avoid her. Most of the LND users use Blast and Sword Guard, most of the ARTs come with Blast and Beam Guard, AIRs often sacrifice Guards in favor of cost or carts, but there are enough of them who use Sword Guard. Don't forget that sometimes you won't be able to do much direct damage but might be able to paralyze someone out of his/her action. This is important to.

@Rt users advantage: there is no extra calculator for them. You prolly just run into some moe with a high force Shell type weapon (Shell type is pretty much neutral damage), like Lily Rain EVE or such. The basic advantages of Rt parts are their easier to use attacks and maybe the Force (actually there are some pretty neat UC weapons and parts out there). In case of moe bots this also applies to the build: it is usually done once youve rolle the Gara and you just gotta tune them properly.

Yes, it is harder to participate as an UC only user, but no it isn't impossible. Learn the perks of low cost builds. Don't try to compete with a robot of the same type (Jikun Hu vs. FC Ivis is aksing to be killed, Jikun Hu vs. Illumis is just another case of severe moe molesture :3c). Find your niche and work with your team. And even if you don't use it: view the Garapon. Check the cartridge selcettion, stats, capacity, parts description (are there any unusual weapons?) - Know your enemy (I'm not even kidding).

Most UC players compensate their lack of Rt parts by doing Missios/Arcantus/Bastageant aka farming items.

@3Way dagger: that's a bad idea in arena. A lot of people love it to farm a boss known as Haku (Ark of Fate: Demonfox Haku), but quest Mode = / = Arena Mode. Most people skip UC melee and go for ranged damage instead. Handy Bazooka and the like always work. Just tune them for additional shooting speed (in fact even Rt models lack this) and "Paralyze". If you played online games before you should already know that many of them take some time before you comprehent them completely.

@Lag: keep mocking CS till they do something thats not the low lat system. This may solve the the symptons but not the real problem.

[EDIT]http://www.cosmicbreakfanforum.com/t9266-5-30-useful-non-gara-resources?highlight=UC+Resources Might as well mention that thread. You don't need to pay a fortune to do good. Always read the Suguri threads. He's that living manual. [/EDIT]

Last edited by Zwiebel Force on Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SuigenTou
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Question about the mechanics of this game    Question about the mechanics of this game  EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 12:15 am

Thranduil wrote:
I know who you are, you were that Pentagon rank playing in AAA rooms saying "I wish I could hit 60 damage a shoot"

I was playing Monica in these, see her Rocket stats:

Question about the mechanics of this game  2cadxy

Plus, she had 40TEC, so apply the following formula: (Weapon's Force) * (1 + 0.016 * (TEC-10))

And, you were an Air type, receiving x2.4 from Blast Damage like Monica's Rocket. That's why.

It seems that I am famous. Woo! You posted the formula?! I love you. Who ever Monica is, he/she/it didnt follow me around the entire stage. I know good and well 3/4 of the people there didnt have explosive weapons. Also that match, my support character, who has no weakness, took 70 damage.

Quote :
Yes, it is harder to participate as an UC only user, but no it isn't impossible.
This is just how I feel personally, but I dont mind paying to play the game. Like I said, I like the game a lot. What I dont like is the idea I have to pay to be anywhere remotely good. (I'm not talking about being top ranked, I'm talking about lasting longer than a minuet and thirty seconds in a full room of people.) Its a principle of mine. I quit Dungeon Defenders, and Tribes Ascend because of that gibberish.

Edit: I'll edit this post tomorrow and respond to the other things you typed. Out for now.
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

PostSubject: Re: Question about the mechanics of this game    Question about the mechanics of this game  EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 12:24 am

No one mentioned this yet, but getting shot in the back increases damage by 30%.
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: Question about the mechanics of this game    Question about the mechanics of this game  EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 12:30 am

Astral_Goddess wrote:
No one mentioned this yet, but getting shot in the back increases damage by 30%.
I did, but I thought it would double ^^v

SuigenTou wrote:
This is just how I feel personally, but I dont
mind paying to play the game. Like I said, I like the game a lot. What I
dont like is the idea I have to pay to be anywhere remotely good. (I'm
not talking about being top ranked, I'm talking about lasting longer
than a minuet and thirty seconds in a full room of people.) Its a
principle of mine. I quit Dungeon Defenders, and Tribes Ascend because
of that gibberish.
I know what you mean. The good news is: you can always grind offers. Sure it is somewhate annoying and might take some time till you got a reasonable amount, but a lot of putative Rt fags are actually just nerds with no real life Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Thranduil
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Thranduil

PostSubject: Re: Question about the mechanics of this game    Question about the mechanics of this game  EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 12:49 am

SuigenTou wrote:

It seems that I am famous. Woo! You posted the formula?! I love you. Who ever Monica is, he/she/it didnt follow me around the entire stage. I know good and well 3/4 of the people there didnt have explosive weapons. Also that match, my support character, who has no weakness, took 70 damage.

You aren't famous, the community is small and I care about who is who.
Back to top Go down
-Business
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
-Business

PostSubject: Re: Question about the mechanics of this game    Question about the mechanics of this game  EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 1:01 am

Zwiebel Force wrote:
-Business wrote:
Yes, you forgot to wear something that covers your arsehole once more.

yulookin at my ass?

anycase... hope any of that helped. you seem to have gotten some info not only from me but others.. hope you use it and stay around.

even in my sarcasm, my info is valid. so use it. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question about the mechanics of this game    Question about the mechanics of this game  EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 2:14 am

SuigenTou wrote:
It seems that I am famous. Woo!
Who the hell are you?

Well anyway, just to clear up this misconception. TGH affects how easily your bot gets stunned, IT DOES NOT REDUCE DAMAGE.

Let's make this simple.

>Skill
From what I can see, you're pretty unskilled and inexperienced. If you stick with the game for a month or two, and learn how to build your bots, I think you'll be able to do well in PVP.

>Lag
Plug your computer with your router/modem using an ethernet cable. If you still lag, then you need better internet.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Question about the mechanics of this game    Question about the mechanics of this game  EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 2:47 am

LXE wrote:
TGH affects how easily your bot gets stunned, IT DOES NOT REDUCE DAMAGE.
Remind me how long you've been playing again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question about the mechanics of this game    Question about the mechanics of this game  EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 2:57 am

Suguri wrote:
LXE wrote:
You tell me.
If I'm right, that's great.
If I'm not, correct me.
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

PostSubject: Re: Question about the mechanics of this game    Question about the mechanics of this game  EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 3:08 am

Have you
ever
ever
shot at AnimalPlan?

He meleederp rushes
9 times out of 10
and he gains so much aggro
to the point where loads of peeps are shooting at him.

That's when TGH reduction kicks in
and reduces your damage to him measly 1s and 2s.

The higher one's TGH,
the quicker one's received damage from enemy weaponry
is reduced to pitiful numbers.

C'mon, this was even plastered on one of those transition screens.
Back to top Go down
Midreus
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Midreus

Male Posts : 686

PostSubject: Re: Question about the mechanics of this game    Question about the mechanics of this game  EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 3:23 am

lol this thread

what i'm going to do here is i'm going to do shameless promoting for two guides that i read like three seconds ago (again) by clicking over in the nicely labeled Guides section which is really easy to find it's on the main page and shit

http://www.cosmicbreakfanforum.com/t9266-5-30-useful-non-gara-resources
http://www.cosmicbreakfanforum.com/t9640-robot-assessment-algorithm

there are a bunch of other useful guides and a whole ton of shit ones, but i'll let you sort through those

and then i'll do a bit of math

SuigenTou wrote:
I thought so at first to. It is sometimes but eventually I should run into a character that is weak to my gun. For example; a person told me Mini bazooka is 40% explosion. Well Air type takes about 2.4 times damage to explosives. the force power is 23.

23 X .4 X 2.4 = 22.08 +23 should give me 45 damage against air types by default. But instead what I get is 10 or 15 damage. Now it may just be my flawed reasoning but I seriously doubt TGH gives that much of a reduction even at max, especially since it is suppose to be that mech type weakness.

minizook is something like 70% shell 30% blast and has a base force of 23, I have no clue why you're adding 23 AGAIN to the end of your calculation because that is pretty much wrong as far as i can tell

23*0.7=16.1 shell
23*0.3=6.9 blast

airs have 2.3x blast weakness so 6.9*2.3=15.87

add these together, 15.87+16.1=31.97 damage to an air, assuming you have 10 tec, which is way off from your 45 number

I have no clue how tgh reduction works versus weapons with multiple damage components or how strong the reduction is exactly, but for the most part it'll kick in by your second/third shot (or even your first if your target is being shot by other things) and it can be pretty damn strong so 13~15 damage is not unthinkable if your tec is shit which it probably is

and then i am going to immortalize this quote because

Suguri wrote:
LXE wrote:

EDIT: oh i forgot something
Relict? wrote:
animalplan
ignoring the fact that the faggot is nigh impossible to shoot without a piercing weapon of some sort because every nigger loves crowding around him and meleeing him, i've had my Stardust Cannon (31 force base, backed by a 39 tec bot, against a 1.4x LND weakness to beam for 45*1.4=63 damage frontshot) do like 10 damage to him so yeah

EDIT2: what rev said below me is true too

Last edited by Midreus on Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:32 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: Question about the mechanics of this game    Question about the mechanics of this game  EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 3:26 am

Relict? wrote:
Have you
ever
ever
shot at AnimalPlan?

Nevermind lagplan, anyone who shot at a fucking tree should have realized the effect of TGH.
Back to top Go down
TerraChika
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
TerraChika

Male Posts : 1000

PostSubject: Re: Question about the mechanics of this game    Question about the mechanics of this game  EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 4:27 am

reVelske wrote:
Relict? wrote:
Have you
ever
ever
shot at AnimalPlan?

Nevermind lagplan, anyone who shot at a fucking tree should have realized the effect of TGH.

So you mean the trees have 0 tgh? Make sense why trees, snowmen, cacti and drums are easily destroyed...
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: Question about the mechanics of this game    Question about the mechanics of this game  EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 4:45 am

What. *facepalms*

I meant how you can notice the effective of TGH by simply seeing how consecutive shots on a tree will do less and less damage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about the mechanics of this game    Question about the mechanics of this game  Empty

Back to top Go down

Question about the mechanics of this game
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next