Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Application - Nihil679 [Out dated]

Go down 
+6
h3lg4
Suguri
Hyoka
knyx
xzpwnz
Nihil679
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Would I make a good moderator?
Yes
Application - Nihil679 [Out dated] Vote_lcap17%Application - Nihil679 [Out dated] Vote_rcap
 17% [ 3 ]
No
Application - Nihil679 [Out dated] Vote_lcap61%Application - Nihil679 [Out dated] Vote_rcap
 61% [ 11 ]
No opinion
Application - Nihil679 [Out dated] Vote_lcap22%Application - Nihil679 [Out dated] Vote_rcap
 22% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 18

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Nihil679
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Nihil679

Male Posts : 326

Application - Nihil679 [Out dated] Empty
PostSubject: Application - Nihil679 [Out dated]   Application - Nihil679 [Out dated] EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 7:21 pm

-Why do you want to become a moderator?
To maintain the fan forums as an unbiased and justified representative and handle issues in timely manner.

-Are you qualified to become a moderator? What qualifies you to become a moderator?
I was the one that brought up the topic of reorganizing these forums to attention. I, along with an anonymous acquaintance, was the one that drafted a reorganization plan for these forums. I am the one that understands how rules are and should be enforced with my experiences as a heavy forum user.

-Do you have previous experience at any other forum as a moderator?
I have moderated multiple forums and even have an array of leadership positions in various games and communities.

-What do you have to offer us?
A solidly unbiased judgment and unmatched dedication.

-Are you willing to read every post in your assigned forums?
I do that already.

-Can you follow very specific directions? Can you take criticism well and improve upon yourself when it is offered, or do you get upset when you are criticized?
I will understand.

-How often do you visit the forums and for how long each visit?
It stays as a tab in my browser.

-What's your email/MSN?
nihil679@live.com

-How experienced/skillful are you in cosmicbreak?
Proclaimed worst player ever.

-Any other relevant information that you believe will add to your application?
I am expansive in general information, ranging from fighting games to anime to trivia. This being said, I can easily contribute to discussions within nearly every active forum.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/nihil679
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: Application - Nihil679 [Out dated]   Application - Nihil679 [Out dated] EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 9:33 pm

Spoiler:
Ahuehue
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Application - Nihil679 [Out dated]   Application - Nihil679 [Out dated] EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 9:38 pm

Suddenly warning bar is reset to green.

Nobody else's bars are reset.

I smell foul play.

I hope bringing attention to administration regarding the possibility of corruption doesn't get me banned, because that, uh, would be...

...Just a little corrupt.
Back to top Go down
Nihil679
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Nihil679

PostSubject: Re: Application - Nihil679 [Out dated]   Application - Nihil679 [Out dated] EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 9:39 pm

knyx wrote:

I smell foul play.

Foul play, yet I wasn't favorite enough to become moderator yet?

I do question the logic of many people here.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Application - Nihil679 [Out dated]   Application - Nihil679 [Out dated] EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 9:42 pm

Nihil679 wrote:
knyx wrote:

I smell foul play.

Foul play, yet I wasn't favorite enough to become moderator yet?

I do question the logic of many people here.

As far as I can tell, people like BT, xz, and a few others have had small infractions which haven't been magically "forgotten" yet.

Pardon me for being a little suspicious.
Back to top Go down
Nihil679
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Nihil679

PostSubject: Re: Application - Nihil679 [Out dated]   Application - Nihil679 [Out dated] EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 9:47 pm

knyx wrote:
As far as I can tell, people like BT, xz, and a few others have had small infractions which haven't been magically "forgotten" yet.

Pardon me for being a little suspicious.

Sorry if I sounded offensive, force of habit.

The "forgiveness" of warnings is really up in the air, as there is no time limit or such given for WHEN you are forgiven, and with good reason. Too short, it gives the misunderstanding that you can easily repeat your offense without punishment. Too long, it seems crushing. Ultimately, forgiveness should be based on the severity of each person's infractions, but this is, again, placed back on the judgment of the warner, meaning we need more staff members in order to assure a fair and equal decision.

Though, I believe my forgiveness has its reason, that being I was only recently unbanned and have done nothing since returning. Your warning meter is meant to return to full after an unban. Or so I recall.
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: Application - Nihil679 [Out dated]   Application - Nihil679 [Out dated] EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 9:52 pm

knyx wrote:

I smell foul play.

I hope bringing attention to administration regarding the possibility of corruption doesn't get me banned, because that, uh, would be...

...Just a little corrupt.
Corruption? ;3
As if I'd let iron or nihil become mods so easily
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Application - Nihil679 [Out dated]   Application - Nihil679 [Out dated] EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 10:00 pm

>Get ban
>Cool off
>Meter returns to green

>Get small infraction
>Don't do it again
>Bar stays at yellow/orange

I somehow don't see the two of these paths as equal.
Back to top Go down
Nihil679
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Nihil679

PostSubject: Re: Application - Nihil679 [Out dated]   Application - Nihil679 [Out dated] EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 10:21 pm

knyx wrote:
>Get ban
>Cool off
>Meter returns to green

>Get small infraction
>Don't do it again

Which is why I am saying, a small infraction should be allowed to be erased within a week or so's worth of time. However, given our current staff member quantity and quality, that won't be so. I do understand what you are saying, and it is something I will address, provided I am able to (which I am, currently, not).
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Application - Nihil679 [Out dated]   Application - Nihil679 [Out dated] EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 10:45 pm

Nihil679 wrote:
knyx wrote:
>Get ban
>Cool off
>Meter returns to green

>Get small infraction
>Don't do it again

Which is why I am saying, a small infraction should be allowed to be erased within a week or so's worth of time. However, given our current staff member quantity and quality, that won't be so. I do understand what you are saying, and it is something I will address, provided I am able to (which I am, currently, not).

Nihil, you've been banned twice and warned many times.

How you keep coming back bewilders a lot of people you know.

It doesn't take much to arouse suspicion either.
Back to top Go down
Nihil679
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Nihil679

PostSubject: Re: Application - Nihil679 [Out dated]   Application - Nihil679 [Out dated] EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 10:51 pm

Hyoka wrote:

Because I do so much in attempts to help this forum, despite every other person's rattling of me to not even bother.

I also solely believe you cannot judge a person based on the quantity of his ban (to a certain extent, of course), similar to how you cannot simply label a man a guilty felon because he is apprehended by police. There has to be reason. Perhaps the man simply sped a stop light and you should not treat him so felon-like, not as if he killed an entire family. Black and white ruling simply does not work.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Application - Nihil679 [Out dated]   Application - Nihil679 [Out dated] EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 10:59 pm

knyx wrote:
>Get ban
>Cool off
>Meter returns to green

>Get small infraction
>Don't do it again

There's a difference between legitimate infractions and personal vendettas. That's all I'm going to say on the matter though, since it'll just derail the thread with another five pages of speculation before a lock if I emphasize. I assure you the reset is warranted though.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Application - Nihil679 [Out dated]   Application - Nihil679 [Out dated] EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 11:01 pm

Nihil679 wrote:
Hyoka wrote:

Because I do so much in attempts to help this forum, despite every other person's rattling of me to not even bother.

I also solely believe you cannot judge a person based on the quantity of his ban (to a certain extent, of course), similar to how you cannot simply label a man a guilty felon because he is apprehended by police. There has to be reason. Perhaps the man simply sped a stop light and you should not treat him so felon-like, not as if he killed an entire family. Black and white ruling simply does not work.

Thankfully this is internet and not reality, where justice is a little better, somewhat.

In reality what you said actually does happen. Sadly.
Back to top Go down
h3lg4
Newcomer
Newcomer

Female Posts : 3

PostSubject: Re: Application - Nihil679 [Out dated]   Application - Nihil679 [Out dated] EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 11:03 pm

I seeing you very negative talking and talk badly of people. Ostoba bad person. I here to speak you this. I am watching you speak sick of the I R C Pöcsfej.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fashionising.com/photographers/p--vassphoto-161321.ht
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Application - Nihil679 [Out dated]   Application - Nihil679 [Out dated] EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 11:09 pm

h3lg4 wrote:
I seeing you very negative talking and talk badly of people. Ostoba bad person. I here to speak you this. I am watching you speak sick of the I R C Pöcsfej.

I need a translator....

Also only 1 post?
Back to top Go down
h3lg4
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Application - Nihil679 [Out dated]   Application - Nihil679 [Out dated] EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 11:21 pm

üdvözlet "Hyoka"? His has typeing this is on the I R C... Giveing the webpage to persons. I am come from on the I R C from link. His speaks not good on the persons. He has always type like child to us... Looking in I R C you find truth!
Back to top Go down
h3lg4
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Application - Nihil679 [Out dated]   Application - Nihil679 [Out dated] EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 11:24 pm

will going now away from webpage. Came to speak you this for he spreads the webpage on I R C! But is not good person! im always looking at him to see only bad words. is he child?... Good day

http://wbe04.mibbit.com/?settings=dd00223a16d9688fdfd25ca236918d51&server=irc.rizon.net&channel=%23Cosmicbreak
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Application - Nihil679 [Out dated]   Application - Nihil679 [Out dated] EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 11:49 pm

Translation: He watched Nihil speak negatively about people and typing like a child in IRC. Nihil doesn't seem to be a good person to him.

Cori's translation knowledge is limited due to less amount of posts by boytitan. D:
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Application - Nihil679 [Out dated]   Application - Nihil679 [Out dated] EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 12:14 am

Everyone acts like a child on IRC, mainly because nobody really cares unless you spam/flood/insult a whole bunch of people personally.

That being said, I don't quite believe that Mayhem (or whoever) gave Nihil 4+ warnings and 2 bans just over personal squabbles.
Back to top Go down
Raki
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Raki

Male Posts : 281

PostSubject: Re: Application - Nihil679 [Out dated]   Application - Nihil679 [Out dated] EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 12:23 am

>sees this up
>remebers extensive thread, where Nihil679 spoke through notes/quotes

ah, well mr nihli all i can do is give you a good ol e-pat on the back, and wish you best of luck with what you do

(note apologies for not gettting your name right)

[edit: it was in the thread title, apologies again ;-; ]
Back to top Go down
http://alb4alb.blogspot.com/
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Application - Nihil679 [Out dated]   Application - Nihil679 [Out dated] EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 12:29 am

Oh yeah, talking through B2Proxy
Back to top Go down
Nihil679
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Nihil679

PostSubject: Re: Application - Nihil679 [Out dated]   Application - Nihil679 [Out dated] EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 1:09 am

knyx wrote:
Everyone acts like a child on IRC, mainly because nobody really cares unless you spam/flood/insult a whole bunch of people personally.

That being said, I don't quite believe that Mayhem (or whoever) gave Nihil 4+ warnings and 2 bans just over personal squabbles.

First ban: I made racial comments, spammed chatbox, insulted Mayhem.
Three offenses, no warnings, permanent IP ban. Ban reason "Dumbfuck," my gender changed to female, signature modified into a personal attack, title added which read "BANNED" in larger font.

Second ban: I applied for moderator.
I supposedly infringed an agreement that Sliferx/Admin had made with Mayhem that I knew nothing of. Permanent IP ban.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Application - Nihil679 [Out dated]   Application - Nihil679 [Out dated] EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 1:23 am

Nihil679 wrote:
knyx wrote:

First ban: I made racial comments, spammed chatbox, insulted Mayhem.
Three offenses, no warnings, permanent IP ban. Ban reason "Dumbfuck," my gender changed to female, signature modified into a personal attack, title added which read "BANNED" in larger font.

Second ban: I applied for moderator.
I supposedly infringed an agreement that Sliferx/Admin had made with Mayhem that I knew nothing of. Permanent IP ban.

You were given multiple warnings over chatbox. If you stopped spamming, you would have seen them. The ban reason was the best way to sum what what you did wrong. There was no other mods or admins on this site at that time so there was no reason to give a real detailed reason, no one would have read it. Your gender changed to female because you had it set to female and then changed it to male. I was also then told you were a girl by someone on chatbox. Sean or one of the others that quit as staff a few months ago had a problem with people changing genders and I do as well. You should stick to who you are and you DID in fact have your gender set to female before you changed it a bit before I banned you. Your signature was changed a day after your ban because people wanted to know why you were banned. How was it a personal attack when you admit to doing the things I listed on your signature? Your title was "banned" because at that time such a title existed. Maybe you did not notice but everyone had a special title for what they were. Overwatch use to have one, Mods use to have one, Admins use to have one and people who were banned did as well. However, I removed those titles some time ago because it was already obvious when someone was part of staff by their color as well as overwatch. Banned members of course already had a bar that said banned, thus titles were scrapped.

Second ban you were banned for talking about the ban incident from before. I have my doubts you knew nothing of the agreement. I only unbanned you because those agreements were made and Slif told you about them. You were also suppose to apologize for your racial remarks and you never did. Why do you keep saying IP banned when you already use a proxy to begin with?
Back to top Go down
Aethernet
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Aethernet

Male Posts : 109

PostSubject: Re: Application - Nihil679 [Out dated]   Application - Nihil679 [Out dated] EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 2:08 am

What Nihil said.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Application - Nihil679 [Out dated]   Application - Nihil679 [Out dated] EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 2:42 am

In regards to Nihil breaking rule 6 just now... The reply I am makeing is in regards to a massive reply he just made that has been moved to the staff only section for future review.

How exactly did you know your IP was banned unless you tried to make an alt and ignore your punishment? Does anyone remember Werty? Slif himself deleted his alt because Slif said we do not allow alts here. How could anyone else but you know you were IP banned and how could you know without trying to get around your ban? Explain that. Do you think I would have unbanned you without that agreement in place? Slif was the one who agreed to it and you were then unbanned. The thread was already being derailed by someone else and then you answered them. With that said, you've broken rule 6. Once again, even with the rule changes, there are no guide lines for mods or admins to follow. The fact is you broke multiple rules, you admitted to breaking multiple rules and if you believed to have the right to do such things to me, you are being a hypocrite by then having a problem with me doing it to you. On the other hand, nothing ever said mods or admins can't talk back to you. You are the one who brought this up again, even when it is now against the rules to do so.

You have been given one warning for breaking rule 6:
Sean24 wrote:
6. Problems with moderation :
If you have a problem with the way forums are being run, do not talk or even mention it in unrelated threads. Contact the staff instead, in private.

You obviously have a problem and you chose to talk about it in this unrelated thread. You've also been given your warning over PMs because apparently you can't read them unless they are personally handed to you. You also now have a file that lists why you were warned as well as evidence listed against you of you breaking rule 6. A screenshot has been taken as well as a small video recording and your post being moved into the staff only section for future review if it is needed. How are you fit to be a mod when you can't even follow one rule as a normal member?

Anyone else want to derail this thread and break the rules? See what happens. Either read the rules or get out.

Last edited by Mayhem on Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:00 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application - Nihil679 [Out dated]   Application - Nihil679 [Out dated] Empty

Back to top Go down

Application - Nihil679 [Out dated]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next