Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Room Proposition: Testing Arena

Go down 
+12
dsp
milk
-Business
CapeMike
Zwiebel Force
tehprognoob
Aurum_Sol
reVelske
God is a Cat Girl
That_Wiesel_Guy
Shai
Silvershine
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Silvershine
Misty Hollow
Misty Hollow

Male Posts : 428

Room Proposition: Testing Arena Empty
PostSubject: Room Proposition: Testing Arena   Room Proposition: Testing Arena EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 1:47 pm

I want to propose a new room for the game. So I want to hear your opinions about this. I will send a similar proposition to Cyberstep as well, including a link to this topic..

It is a new type of room. Of course, not really a multiplayer-room. It's kind of a training stage. With the simple exception, that you can choose ALL existing bots from the game! (not customizible tough)

Why that? Its purpose is that player can know how bots work which they dont have.
For example, at the moment, when there is Lily Rain EVE in Garapon, but a player is not sure to roll for her because the player dont know whether EVE fits his/her playstyle, the player simply does EVE Mission to find out how she works.

BUT this is NOT possible for all other bots except the Bikini Girls and Ouka and Elisa and Melfi. So what to do that player can test other bots before buying/rolling them? Implementing a training-stage room where ALL cores are avaiable!

This can look like this in the stage-selection screen:

Stage Selection Image

After you clicked the TESTING-ARENA, the Commando-Selection Screen will open.
This may look like this: (In my example very ugly tough xD)

Character Selection Image

Then you can select your Commando from all existing bots.

Furthermore, when clicking on "Show Details" in your choosen commando, you can level up your bot up to lv 10 and also test all catridges on your bot too. In this screen also you can equip your Robots with all existing weapons as well, and change all changable parts with all existing parts.

TuneUps however may not be added.

So again: why this idea? For example new zeros coming out this week. They now appear in Garapon. But you can't decide whether you want em. You wanna test em first. So you just open the Testing Arena room, choose them here and test them there. Afterwards you know how they and their catridges work and you can now better decide whether to roll for em or not! ^^

And now, what's your opinion about?
Back to top Go down
http://nightforest.deviantart.com
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
Shai

Female Posts : 4410

PostSubject: Re: Room Proposition: Testing Arena   Room Proposition: Testing Arena EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 2:08 pm

This will never happen. Why? 'Cause it will make Cyberstep lose money.

If players can test the robots before buying them, and end up not liking them, they won't roll for them. In other words, not buy RT for that robot.
Back to top Go down
That_Wiesel_Guy
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
That_Wiesel_Guy

Male Posts : 4551

PostSubject: Re: Room Proposition: Testing Arena   Room Proposition: Testing Arena EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 2:19 pm

Shai wrote:

If players can test the robots before buying them, and end up not liking them, they won't roll for them. In other words, not buy RT for that robot.
It could also work the opposite way, where players love it and throw shitton of money at it.
Besides, something like that already exists in CBKR, and I think TW and JP. It's LAN mode.
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater

PostSubject: Re: Room Proposition: Testing Arena   Room Proposition: Testing Arena EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 2:29 pm

Why make that, when they could make the game better? :/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Room Proposition: Testing Arena   Room Proposition: Testing Arena EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 2:29 pm

This would make the game better. With the sheer amount of content in the game it's inane that you can't test any of it.
Back to top Go down
Silvershine
Misty Hollow
Misty Hollow

PostSubject: Re: Room Proposition: Testing Arena   Room Proposition: Testing Arena EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 2:34 pm

@Wiesel

Guys in KR, TW and JP can choose bots they dont have in LAN mode? O_O
awesome...
and yeah.

thanks for your opinions! I hope there will be more. :3
Back to top Go down
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
Shai

PostSubject: Re: Room Proposition: Testing Arena   Room Proposition: Testing Arena EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 3:39 pm

That_Wiesel_Guy wrote:
Shai wrote:

It could also work the opposite way, where players love it and throw shitton of money at it.
Besides, something like that already exists in CBKR, and I think TW and JP. It's LAN mode.

I gotta give you a true for this. But I still think it will give them a money loss. They rather have players complain about their robots after they've spend money for it in stead of not spending money for it coz they know they don't like it.

CS wants them to keep rolling without any thought or idea of how the robot is.

Who cares if you end up disliking the robot? CS got your money. :L
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: Room Proposition: Testing Arena   Room Proposition: Testing Arena EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 3:57 pm

Enjoy your room of Eris/Sylvia.
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: Room Proposition: Testing Arena   Room Proposition: Testing Arena EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 4:17 pm

reVelske wrote:
Enjoy your room of Eris/Sylvia.

in a 1 player match vs bots?
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: Room Proposition: Testing Arena   Room Proposition: Testing Arena EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 4:20 pm

Hm misread, skimmed through and saw multiplayer room.

I think I should stop posting, ultraderp lately.
Back to top Go down
tehprognoob
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
tehprognoob

Male Posts : 1712

PostSubject: Re: Room Proposition: Testing Arena   Room Proposition: Testing Arena EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 4:40 pm

have customizations too.
So i can finally try out all the bots I plan.
Would also make testing unorthodox builds feasible.
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: Room Proposition: Testing Arena   Room Proposition: Testing Arena EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 4:42 pm

I actually like this idea. I' psaming alt accs because we lack this feature D:
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: Room Proposition: Testing Arena   Room Proposition: Testing Arena EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 5:01 pm

I'd say take this one step further and create a 'test' server...much like during how beta testing worked, and have EVERYTHING available via uc through a variety of garas...every bot would get a great chance to be tested and maybe a few un-heard ofs would shine through...and other issues could be squashed before making it to live....

*thumbs up*
Back to top Go down
-Business
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
-Business

Male Posts : 133

PostSubject: Re: Room Proposition: Testing Arena   Room Proposition: Testing Arena EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 5:09 pm

great in theory. would be horrible in practice.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Room Proposition: Testing Arena   Room Proposition: Testing Arena EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 5:16 pm

-Business wrote:

Elaborate.
Back to top Go down
Silvershine
Misty Hollow
Misty Hollow

PostSubject: Re: Room Proposition: Testing Arena   Room Proposition: Testing Arena EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 6:11 pm

CapeMike wrote:
I'd say take this one step further and create a 'test' server...much like during how beta testing worked, and have EVERYTHING available via uc through a variety of garas...every bot would get a great chance to be tested and maybe a few un-heard ofs would shine through...and other issues could be squashed before making it to live....

*thumbs up*

Aria (Or someone else?) tried to do this, but something happened (I guess CS wasnt very... happy about her plans?) so she had to give up those plans.
Back to top Go down
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
Shai

PostSubject: Re: Room Proposition: Testing Arena   Room Proposition: Testing Arena EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 6:23 pm

I guess they could make it more simple and just add some kind of magical 'test' button with each Gara robot. So people can try out the robots before they decide to roll in the Gara.

It would just be a small practice room where they can see what their skills are like.

But then again, never gonna happen.
Back to top Go down
milk
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
milk

Male Posts : 1918

PostSubject: Re: Room Proposition: Testing Arena   Room Proposition: Testing Arena EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 6:32 pm

Silvershine wrote:
CapeMike wrote:

*thumbs up*

Aria (Or someone else?) tried to do this, but something happened (I guess CS wasnt very... happy about her plans?) so she had to give up those plans.

do you know anything else?
i remember reading about this when i was much newer to the game but i didn't keep track of it.
but i did know that the person might have gotten in trouble since they were basically keeping records of what they were doing in community, right?

Back to top Go down
-Business
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
-Business

Male Posts : 133

PostSubject: Re: Room Proposition: Testing Arena   Room Proposition: Testing Arena EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 6:33 pm

Diabolical wrote:
-Business wrote:

Elaborate.

hu cube is a pretty good example of what people will do to get a certain bot....

people get what they want = dont pay = bad for business.

and not talkin bout me.
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

PostSubject: Re: Room Proposition: Testing Arena   Room Proposition: Testing Arena EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 7:20 pm

I don't really see why to waste time and money developing such, when there is so much that could be done to make the game actually better, and that probably required less effort.
Back to top Go down
milk
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
milk

PostSubject: Re: Room Proposition: Testing Arena   Room Proposition: Testing Arena EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 7:30 pm

-Business wrote:
Diabolical wrote:
-Business wrote:

Elaborate.

hu cube is a pretty good example of what people will do to get a certain bot....

and not talkin bout me.

ok, what?
doesn't seem to me that you elaborated at all.
are you saying that with this testing arena, people won't buy the bots because they've played the bot already?
or, what?

but aside that.
i do like this.
i wouldn't mind being able to play all of the bots.
i will understand more conversations about bot parts and how the bots work in general.
and SOME people won't be able to say things about a weapons/bot without knowing for sure since they couldn't play one themselves.
would actually make things a lot easier on everyone.

God is a Cat Girl wrote:
I don't really see why to waste time and money developing such, when there is so much that could be done to make the game actually better, and that probably required less effort.

of course there's different things to work on.
this is just an idea.
don't have to shut it down like that, man.

Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

PostSubject: Re: Room Proposition: Testing Arena   Room Proposition: Testing Arena EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 7:57 pm

Quote :
of course there's different things to work on.
this is just an idea.
don't have to shut it down like that, man.

I do have to shut it down when there's more important things to do.

It's all about setting the priorities right. As much I'd like to test certain bots that I don't have, I see balancing (not only bots but the game as a whole, which means a bunch of changes), fixing certain issues and change and add new/old things to current sections of the game (shop, missions, quest, arena drops) as more important things to do, because they are things that will truly change the game.

A test arena? It won't make the game better, it will simply give people the illusion of being happy over a feature that doesn't actually make the game better.

A test button on the gara/shop for each bot probably wouldn't be that bad, but still, there's bigger issues.
Back to top Go down
dsp
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
dsp

PostSubject: Re: Room Proposition: Testing Arena   Room Proposition: Testing Arena EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 8:12 pm

-Business wrote:
Diabolical wrote:
-Business wrote:

Elaborate.

and not talkin bout me.

True, seeing people spamming alts to get moebots.
i.e. I'll just spam alts to get moebots and not roll

in this sense, people will just try and try and not even think about spending for it at all (well a majority at the very least, we all know only a handful of people seriously dropping tons)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Room Proposition: Testing Arena   Room Proposition: Testing Arena EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 8:45 pm

Your room proposition is redundant.
Back to top Go down
milk
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
milk

PostSubject: Re: Room Proposition: Testing Arena   Room Proposition: Testing Arena EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 9:27 pm

God is a Cat Girl wrote:

I do have to shut it down when there's more important things to do.

It's all about setting the priorities right. As much I'd like to test certain bots that I don't have, I see balancing (not only bots but the game as a whole, which means a bunch of changes), fixing certain issues and change and add new/old things to current sections of the game (shop, missions, quest, arena drops) as more important things to do, because they are things that will truly change the game.

A test arena? It won't make the game better, it will simply give people the illusion of being happy over a feature that doesn't actually make the game better.

A test button on the gara/shop for each bot probably wouldn't be that bad, but still, there's bigger issues.

here ya go.
instead of bringing up known changes we need.
i fixed it so that you're actually talking about the topic.

LXE wrote:
Your room proposition is redundant.

you don't feel like trying to explain why?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Room Proposition: Testing Arena   Room Proposition: Testing Arena Empty

Back to top Go down

Room Proposition: Testing Arena
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next