Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Build and your Game Play (Not the same for everybody)

Go down 
+3
AthenaWyrm
Scott-kip
DarkChuky
7 posters
AuthorMessage
DarkChuky
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
DarkChuky

Male Posts : 981

Build and your Game Play (Not the same for everybody) Empty
PostSubject: Build and your Game Play (Not the same for everybody)   Build and your Game Play (Not the same for everybody) EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 1:12 pm

Ok Hi all, I just came to this topic after reading some post about builds.

It's normal to read that a ppls is doing a build, but then ppls here tell him that he/she is totally wrong and give (impose) some builds.

But I being guessing this:
-Normally I post my planed build.
- Ppls start telling me that I'm doing wrong.
- I normally reply that I will test the build and if not working could rebuild (reset cart is cheap when you have 300+ start coins).
- Then I go to Arena and my build work, I can kill and be top 5 easily.

At this point you can ask, they were trying to f*** my build and make me lost my time? but the answer is no, it just based in your game play your style. Because game play not just applies to both type: Art, Lnd, Sup, Air.. it also applies to the build itself.

As example my last build that is EVE in ChukyBride account, when ppls saw my build they were like OMG you are killing EVE with this build, but then I went to Arena and she is working so good that I can believe it. How is this possible.. the answer is that this build fits my game play, my style (also I'm not a land Float Dash user, I'm really surprised I'm doing great with this Build)

In other words, some build that you can see like shit is just perfect in another ppls hands. (you must not call a ppl idiot just because he doesn't use your same builds, not all ppls can play as same as you (..you will say but he is dying and feeding, probably is just because he is learning... yes yes they can be ones that are real idiots) )

As far as I know those are the game plays I know:

- Hopper (short bost, quick lnd, quick air)
- Boost Run + Short Bost
- Float Dasher Arts
- Broad Radar, Sniper Sight (Lets call them Radar Carts)
- Stun Regain Builds
- Wlkers + Short Bost (this is not a hopper)
- Defensive Guards (good with high TGH)
- Tankers (High TGH, Stun Regain, CVeil)
- Teleporters (Jikuns, BS dash/charges)
- Bit Based Builds (Mialy, Patty, Perse and Nicole)
- Alphas
- K-shield build
- Air Melees
- Gathlingers (xD Gatling based builds)
- Healers (Sorry I'm totally lost here)
- Sniper Builds (any build that uses really long range weapons, they are normally sit in the back or fly very very high)
- Face to Face (normal lnd builds, can be tankers, or Oukal like)
- Revenge Tunes (I never use Revenge tunes, as much have 2 or 3 lgs with revenge, but some ppls builds are based in R.Tunes)

I know there are a lot more but can't recall at this moment.
I can tell you that I surely fail with ART with Float Dash based builds (Albetros) and that I'm more a Walker type, 36+ wlk + short boost, that always works for me. With Air I fail a lot. My natural skills are Lnds with Swords (Jikuns and Byne are not good for my) and almost all my build are the same (Wlkers):
- High Attack (str/tec)
- High Mobility (wlk/fly)
- Good TGH (20+)
- Carts: All capa, 2 Guards, Short Bost/Float Dash (only airs), Stun regain (if tanker), EIW (when required)
Normally I never use: Any radar carts, Hopper carts, Quck Boost and Accel roll or Air loop. And I always in the front line (alone, that is we I need the Guard carts)

That is why ppls always say: but you are killing this both... but then I go to arena and everybody is like FUUUU Chuky.

Oh yes, when you are good with some type of build/game-play, probalby you fail with other types (I know I fail with hoppers and Ouka like builds)

... Some days ago I give full access to Luto and Sylvia to my friend Spectrion, he was not able to play whit them, I was doing the Wlker builds (wlk 36+, tgh 28+, blast & sword Guards, short boost, stun regain), he was not able to play good, because he is more of the Ouka type (no sword guards, short boost + boost run) then I allow him to rebuild the 2 moes, now he rapes everybody in arena.. then I when to use his commando... I fail.. and fail and fail... (ok I do good but not as I normally do), he teach me how to use the build but I never liked.. then because I really like Luto, I went back to the Wlker, and I'm happy again, Sylvia was left as Ouka, cause I don't really like Sylvia. (she uses a Dash/Charge attack, I don't like this kind of attacks, it's like teleporting and helps lagers)

And with my friends is the same, we always discuss our build, we show and we give each other the chance to test our builds.. we always ends like its good but doesn't feel good in my hands.

just to end (I know this post is long) there are some bots, that no matter what do you try, they will end in just one kind of build, as example: Ion, Nemlin, I tried those 2 girls as Sword girls, they doesn't work at all. They were created to be Gunners (with hoping)

And if you have the resources, you can always try your builds and ideas, there is no sin on it, this games main feature is that you can build a lot of different machines from the same bot (oh I just got back to Diablo II)

(Try different builds guys, you can get a lot of fun and you can create arena monster)

Last edited by DarkChuky on Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added the Revenge tunes)
Back to top Go down
Scott-kip
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Scott-kip

Male Posts : 941

PostSubject: Re: Build and your Game Play (Not the same for everybody)   Build and your Game Play (Not the same for everybody) EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 1:25 pm

Can you try and clear up your ingles please if your making a long thread like this?
Back to top Go down
AthenaWyrm
AthenaWyrm

Male Posts : 71

PostSubject: Re: Build and your Game Play (Not the same for everybody)   Build and your Game Play (Not the same for everybody) EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 1:43 pm

Build and your Game Play (Not the same for everybody) Wriggles-lanternBuild and your Game Play (Not the same for everybody) Boots-of-mobilityBuild and your Game Play (Not the same for everybody) ZealBuild and your Game Play (Not the same for everybody) ZealBuild and your Game Play (Not the same for everybody) ZealBuild and your Game Play (Not the same for everybody) Zeal

This is the complete build.
Back to top Go down
Scott-kip
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Scott-kip

Male Posts : 941

PostSubject: Re: Build and your Game Play (Not the same for everybody)   Build and your Game Play (Not the same for everybody) EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 1:44 pm

AthenaWyrm wrote:
Build and your Game Play (Not the same for everybody) Wriggles-lanternBuild and your Game Play (Not the same for everybody) Boots-of-mobilityBuild and your Game Play (Not the same for everybody) ZealBuild and your Game Play (Not the same for everybody) ZealBuild and your Game Play (Not the same for everybody) ZealBuild and your Game Play (Not the same for everybody) Zeal

This is the complete build.

But I dont want to dunk
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: Build and your Game Play (Not the same for everybody)   Build and your Game Play (Not the same for everybody) EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 1:46 pm

im all for more customized builds because this community only ports one and the same build to every bot they can get anyways, but im also one to say you shouldnt only adjust it to your own playstyle, but also to what the bot offers you (and this is where your build fails badly)
considering your usual playstyle in arena its natural that you do better with tankier melee lands, because all you do is rush straight in anyways

you name some arguments that are a real issue but ignore others, still a positive post
Back to top Go down
DarkChuky
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
DarkChuky

PostSubject: Re: Build and your Game Play (Not the same for everybody)   Build and your Game Play (Not the same for everybody) EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 3:32 pm

yes I know... I play better with my "personal" style, but I also have nice moments when Im testing the not common builds... specially when its about airs or arts and have found some nice weapons or builds (Multi curven = Resha will run and cry)
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: Build and your Game Play (Not the same for everybody)   Build and your Game Play (Not the same for everybody) EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 4:03 pm

I stopped reading when you listed lag-kun as a build.
Back to top Go down
-Business
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
-Business

Male Posts : 133

PostSubject: Re: Build and your Game Play (Not the same for everybody)   Build and your Game Play (Not the same for everybody) EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 4:59 pm

i agree with you mostly.... people tend to back others into a corner with a particular build and not accept anything else as viable. im more of the type to look at previous accepted builds... ask a few people... take all the info into account, and then build it according with my playstyle and fitting in others feedback.

unique builds are where its at. you pay for the stuff you get, and use it to your own liking. as it should be.

i ran into this alot in wow high end ranking guilds... where builds were this.. or why are you in our guild? playstyle, and comfort, have to be taken into account.

but you have to remember that always... in theorycrafting... the numbers will always prove that a certain build is 'best'... based on either mobility...survival... dps output... something. but that just doesnt mean its that or its bad.

in the end its your bot. your account. your money. f everyone else. have fun with what makes you have fun.

Back to top Go down
DarkChuky
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
DarkChuky

PostSubject: Re: Build and your Game Play (Not the same for everybody)   Build and your Game Play (Not the same for everybody) EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 5:15 pm

Quote :
in the end its your bot. your account. your money. f everyone else. have fun with what makes you have fun.

true!

there are moments where people try to help and guide ppls, trying to point the to the right Noth...

but also ppls must learn with his/her how experience. Smart ppls will get use for both, what ppls say and what they can do... (In my case, I know there are build that must be as the ppls say, but there are other build were I can play with build that looks death, and not just play, I can be a monster)

an example where build must be almost the same (for newbies): Haku... Melee + Shotgun/Blaster... Skilled ppls can use Berz type builds. But a newbie will fail
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Build and your Game Play (Not the same for everybody)   Build and your Game Play (Not the same for everybody) EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 7:02 pm

DarkChuky wrote:
At this point you can ask, they were trying to f*** my build and make me lost my time? but the answer is no, it just based in your game play your style.
Stopping you here, because unless your playstyle actually incorporates inefficient tuning to die for more cost with lower stats there's a very large difference between a build being bad conceptually and a build being badly optimized.
Back to top Go down
DarkChuky
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
DarkChuky

PostSubject: Re: Build and your Game Play (Not the same for everybody)   Build and your Game Play (Not the same for everybody) EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 9:52 pm

Suguri wrote:
DarkChuky wrote:
At this point you can ask, they were trying to f*** my build and make me lost my time? but the answer is no, it just based in your game play your style.
Stopping you here, because unless your playstyle actually incorporates inefficient tuning to die for more cost with lower stats there's a very large difference between a build being bad conceptually and a build being badly optimized.

well that is another point.. because you must define inefficient and optimized it can be different from your game play and you game style.. also for your goal...

As example, my high cost tank, ppls can say its not optimize and not effciently, but it reaches success with the goal that was hold the maximun amount of weapons with a big damage output with high TGH that makes him hard to kill.. that goal was succesfull.

but other ppls could want hop with lower cost and some small damage.. it can also work if that is what the ppls wants...

why? because as I told, what works for me not necesary works for you.. same for your build, they not necesary works for me...

there is a lot of variables:
- you just want to win
- you want to do troll bots
- you want to try different builds
- you just want to survive
- you want to rush like an crazy viking kill all you can before you die (sounds familiar?)
- you want to kill but stay safe
- you want to kll as much you can with 0 cost.
- you just want to do an experiment and try some build!!!

at the end you must also add your goal + your game style. Based on this almost all builds are viable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Build and your Game Play (Not the same for everybody)   Build and your Game Play (Not the same for everybody) Empty

Back to top Go down

Build and your Game Play (Not the same for everybody)
Page 1 of 1