Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ideal Setup for Scaregant Burai

Go down 
+3
tehprognoob
Relict?
Bayonette
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Bayonette
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 185

Ideal Setup for Scaregant Burai Empty
PostSubject: Ideal Setup for Scaregant Burai   Ideal Setup for Scaregant Burai EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 12:35 pm

I just got this bot today, and I was wondering what setup should I use?
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

PostSubject: Re: Ideal Setup for Scaregant Burai   Ideal Setup for Scaregant Burai EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 3:33 pm

http://www.cosmicbreakfanforum.com/search?mode=searchbox&search_keywords=burai&show_results=topics
Back to top Go down
Bayonette
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Ideal Setup for Scaregant Burai   Ideal Setup for Scaregant Burai EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 3:12 am

I tried looking their thread, but it confuses me on what kind of build should I make.
Back to top Go down
tehprognoob
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
tehprognoob

Male Posts : 1712

PostSubject: Re: Ideal Setup for Scaregant Burai   Ideal Setup for Scaregant Burai EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 9:38 am

Think it out for yourself

Melee LND = fast moving + Evasion cart + high STR + C. Veil, unless you want to stick with Gatling hopping
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: Ideal Setup for Scaregant Burai   Ideal Setup for Scaregant Burai EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 11:35 am

tehprognoob wrote:
Think it out for yourself

Melee LND = fast moving + Evasion cart + high STR + C. Veil, unless you want to stick with Gatling hopping

right back at you: its not a S-Land your talking about, its a fucking burai - for the kind of melee build you suggested other RT L-Lands can do it better
Back to top Go down
tehprognoob
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
tehprognoob

PostSubject: Re: Ideal Setup for Scaregant Burai   Ideal Setup for Scaregant Burai EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 12:03 pm

Yellowtier, hop, 40 STR C. Veil

Spoiler:

dropped some STR fot 27 TGH 509 HP:
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Ideal Setup for Scaregant Burai   Ideal Setup for Scaregant Burai EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 3:13 pm

I used to tell people 40tgh but I don't know if I like that train of thought anymore. All Scaregants have pretty horrid capa though, it's tough to do much with them. CV, weapon tunes, and HP are probably what matter most.
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: Ideal Setup for Scaregant Burai   Ideal Setup for Scaregant Burai EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 5:01 pm

Suguri wrote:
I used to tell people 40tgh but I don't know if I like that train of thought anymore. All Scaregants have pretty horrid capa though, it's tough to do much with them. CV, weapon tunes, and HP are probably what matter most.

i dont think scaregant needs 40 tough, 30 is easily achievable on the series and should siffice. combined with his innate damage avoiding mechanics pure HP should work much better than toughness anyways

burai also opens the option to use the melee simply for slowing purposes due to his early bombthrow in the combo and the knockback at the third swing but im pretty sure that people wont understand what im saying here since they failed doing so in the heavy chrotacs thread - and chrotacs is much more obvious for that example >.>
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Ideal Setup for Scaregant Burai   Ideal Setup for Scaregant Burai EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 5:11 pm

Aurum_Sol wrote:
Suguri wrote:

i dont think scaregant needs 40 tough, 30 is easily achievable on the series and should siffice. combined with his innate damage avoiding mechanics pure HP should work much better than toughness anyways

burai also opens the option to use the melee simply for slowing purposes due to his early bombthrow in the combo and the knockback at the third swing but im pretty sure that people wont understand what im saying here since they failed doing so in the heavy chrotacs thread - and chrotacs is much more obvious for that example >.>

Assuming you get free room to shoot them after slowing them, I'm not sure even at 8 tech you'd be able to get higher dps than you would continuing to beat on them. Albeit there's times when you're forced to do this (bot you're attacking also procc'd c.veil and slow/plenty of sheilds allow them to hit you still / fast enough melee to combo even during slow), I wouldn't suggest doing it for everything.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Ideal Setup for Scaregant Burai   Ideal Setup for Scaregant Burai EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 5:14 pm

Aurum_Sol wrote:
pure HP should work much better than toughness anyways
More or less what I was implying with "I don't know if I like that train of thought anymore". Calcing him quick though I can't even pass 600 HP with the stats and revenge/weapon tunes I want without capa tuning though...

Aurum_Sol wrote:
I don't know, "slow tuning burai" makes a lot more sense at first glance than "slow tuning chrotacs". I don't think I like any of the scaregant line's main weapons enough to want to main them though.
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: Ideal Setup for Scaregant Burai   Ideal Setup for Scaregant Burai EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 5:25 pm

Trill wrote:
I'm not sure even at 8 tech you'd be able to get higher dps than you would continuing to beat on them.

that isnt the goal

the goal is to keep damage of your own bot to a minimum and like you said you shouldnt do it with every target you find (for multiple reasons like an art deals more damage while on range than when being pummeled or AMMO)
for testing purposes i ended up using deamon vulcan for extended ammo capacity (and the ability to cloak and shoot) which is propably some kind sacrileg considering the usualy k-shield build

edit:

@ sugu

if i had the rainbowchips for tunes i would just do it and test it live (im pretty sure it works looking at chrotacs meleemechanics) but since i dont play enough to have spare rainbows anymore i wont be able to get it done and others dont even get close the idea
that being said, its not like im just throwing things around without putting thought into it, i can remember the reaction for my suggestion of tanking not with a land but with an art - that was not nice at all (or the discussion of old vs new rouche barrierball that i NEVER saw being used again a week after the change everyone seemed so fond of)
Back to top Go down
Bayonette
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Ideal Setup for Scaregant Burai   Ideal Setup for Scaregant Burai EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 1:19 am

Um, is it okay to let TEC go down to zero?
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

PostSubject: Re: Ideal Setup for Scaregant Burai   Ideal Setup for Scaregant Burai EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 1:28 am

Try to keep TEC at 8.
Back to top Go down
tehprognoob
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
tehprognoob

PostSubject: Re: Ideal Setup for Scaregant Burai   Ideal Setup for Scaregant Burai EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 8:08 am

Usually 0 TEC works on pure melees considering D. Spike bits are gonna do their job even with 40/0 STR/TEC balance, apparently, but I guess Burai needs TEC for the Gatling...
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

PostSubject: Re: Ideal Setup for Scaregant Burai   Ideal Setup for Scaregant Burai EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 1:50 pm

Well, that's what I thought. 0 TEC works, too, I guess...
Back to top Go down
Raven
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Raven

Male Posts : 946

PostSubject: Re: Ideal Setup for Scaregant Burai   Ideal Setup for Scaregant Burai EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 12:37 am

This is assuming everyone just wants to blatantly melee with it. If that's what you wanna do, then sure go for 0 TEC.

If you want to actually use the Gatling as a kiting/ranged weapon, keep some TEC, Force tune it, and maybe throw on a rapid.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ideal Setup for Scaregant Burai   Ideal Setup for Scaregant Burai Empty

Back to top Go down

Ideal Setup for Scaregant Burai
Page 1 of 1