Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cosmic Commander - Open beta on FaceBook

Go down 
+8
Lord of D:
Turkeysaur
Gerrion
wonjoon
Aurum_Sol
dbzfan922
Scott-kip
Astral_Dono
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

Cosmic Commander - Open beta on FaceBook Empty
PostSubject: Cosmic Commander - Open beta on FaceBook   Cosmic Commander - Open beta on FaceBook EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 7:54 pm

http://www.cosmiccommander.us/home

For those who haven't noticed yet, Cosmic Commander is now in Open Beta for FaceBook. They're currently in maintenance to fix a number of things, but it should be out of it soon.

If the button on the CC main website doesn't work, use this link: https://apps.facebook.com/ccommander/

Remember that since it's still an app, you need to allow it to post on your behalf or you probably can't play it. I'm not sure about that though, all I know is that it does have the option to post what you're doing on your wall, so meh.

Notable Changes since the last Cosmic Commander:
  • You can now skip a single scene or an entire battle scene per battle. Although the PRIME symbol is next to it, this does not use prime. It's unknown if this is a bug or intentional.
  • You can now skip the two hour waiting time in Main Missions and begin the next phase immediately through the use of PRIME.
  • There are four different ROBO DRAWS instead of one - three of these require PRIME to spin (Starting at 30 per 1x's, and 120 per 5x's), the last one uses in-game CASH (Starting at 1,000 per 1x's and 4,500 per 5x's). CASH prices go up every 5 rolls, but PRIME prices are fixed.
  • You can now use CASH instead of PRIME to revive a robot and keep it from being lost.

They've also posted a CCjp promotional video on FaceBook - Just in case you wanted to watch it...

Last edited by Astral_Goddess on Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:18 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Scott-kip
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Scott-kip

Male Posts : 941

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Commander - Open beta on FaceBook   Cosmic Commander - Open beta on FaceBook EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 8:25 pm

I would play it

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
dbzfan922
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
dbzfan922

Male Posts : 1965

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Commander - Open beta on FaceBook   Cosmic Commander - Open beta on FaceBook EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 8:28 pm

Scott-kip wrote:
I would play it

Spoiler:

I know that feel bro, but Lily is enough to make me use it
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Commander - Open beta on FaceBook   Cosmic Commander - Open beta on FaceBook EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 9:21 pm

Now that I found out that the CASH prices for the ROBODRAWS STILL go up after every 5 rolls, I will not be playing this game much, if at all, just because of how insane they get (Last beta, CASH per 5x's roll was 46.8k for me)
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Commander - Open beta on FaceBook   Cosmic Commander - Open beta on FaceBook EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 9:43 pm

@ astral, the cash prices for rolling robodraw wasnt that much of an issue

why? because you found all important cores in the missions themselfs in g3 and g4 (especially hound dog cores in g4 where basically all you needed to smash the missions to pieces, hi @ imbalance)

anyways, i was far above 1xx k /5 roll in g4 and im pretty sure that the people that nerded the game hard enough where far above 300k / 5 ^^
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Commander - Open beta on FaceBook   Cosmic Commander - Open beta on FaceBook EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 9:46 pm

Aurum_Sol wrote:

why? because you found all important cores in the missions themselfs in g3 and g4 (especially hound dog cores in g4 where basically all you needed to smash the missions to pieces, hi @ imbalance)

anyways, i was far above 1xx k /5 roll in g4 and im pretty sure that the people that nerded the game hard enough where far above 300k / 5 ^^
I quit in G2, I had no idea what went on past that. XD
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Commander - Open beta on FaceBook   Cosmic Commander - Open beta on FaceBook EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 10:26 pm

Astral_Goddess wrote:
Aurum_Sol wrote:

I quit in G2, I had no idea what went on past that. XD

oh, megatons upgrade did not posses that freakin overpowered hammer anymore and was limited for damage soaking builds
to make up for that, they had hound dog in G4 which basically was the same shit all over again, just against different enemy types (also: he had mowdown)
Back to top Go down
wonjoon
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
wonjoon

Female Posts : 782

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Commander - Open beta on FaceBook   Cosmic Commander - Open beta on FaceBook EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 11:20 am

I'll give it a go. cat
Back to top Go down
Gerrion
Wild Molcar
Wild Molcar

Male Posts : 2218

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Commander - Open beta on FaceBook   Cosmic Commander - Open beta on FaceBook EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 12:54 pm

I bring an update here.

Remember when robots were gravely injured and only prime could prevent them from dying?

Now this time CASH can also be used. You can keep your favorite robots around...for a steep price. A Turtlebacker (first robot i lost) costed little more than 2k CASH to revive, so i'd be carefull with whom to ressurect.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Commander - Open beta on FaceBook   Cosmic Commander - Open beta on FaceBook EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 3:07 pm

I told you guys this wouldn't be anything more than a facebook game.

LOOK WHAT FUCKING HAPPENED.
Back to top Go down
Turkeysaur
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Turkeysaur

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Commander - Open beta on FaceBook   Cosmic Commander - Open beta on FaceBook EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 3:14 pm

You'll have to wait 2-3 hours to recover the damaged bot, dunno if resurrecting with prime will bring it back instantly.

Fly porket confirmed to be stupidly hard to fight with G1 CASH bots once enough progress is done.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Commander - Open beta on FaceBook   Cosmic Commander - Open beta on FaceBook EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 3:40 pm

Gerrion wrote:
I bring an update here.

Remember when robots were gravely injured and only prime could prevent them from dying?

Now this time CASH can also be used. You can keep your favorite robots around...for a steep price. A Turtlebacker (first robot i lost) costed little more than 2k CASH to revive, so i'd be carefull with whom to ressurect.
i like turtles
Back to top Go down
Lord of D:
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Lord of D:

Male Posts : 231

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Commander - Open beta on FaceBook   Cosmic Commander - Open beta on FaceBook EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 6:10 pm

Beta my ass. anyway, i started to play it 2 days ago, im Francisco Atondo Nubes if someone wants to add me Razz
Back to top Go down
milk
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
milk

Male Posts : 1918

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Commander - Open beta on FaceBook   Cosmic Commander - Open beta on FaceBook EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 5:24 pm

i didn't actually know about this up until it turned into a FB game.
i dunno, i may try it if i'm REALLY bored one day.
the action looks fun but i've been told it's REALLY
REALLLLLLY
slow to do anything.

shrug.
Back to top Go down
NoizeGT
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 173

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Commander - Open beta on FaceBook   Cosmic Commander - Open beta on FaceBook EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 12:27 pm

"[name here] has sent you a Cosmic Commander request!"

Won't play it if it involves annoying your friends with requests.
Back to top Go down
http://flyteam.jp/member/GujiRinka
Gerrion
Wild Molcar
Wild Molcar

Male Posts : 2218

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Commander - Open beta on FaceBook   Cosmic Commander - Open beta on FaceBook EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 2:41 pm

Right, new updates on the game.

They're giving 100 PRIME to whoever is logging during these 2 weeks, so you'll get 200 starting PRIME (if you got the other 100 from the start).

Also, they added a couple of additions:

- The "skip round" and "skip battles" were on the testing phase without costing PRIME, but the PRIME symbol was recently removed, which possibly means that CS won't charge players for skipping battles (which is a boon to some players, i believe Wink );

- They're adding PRIME rewards for everytime you clear a Main Mission. So far the bonus is 1 PRIME per Mission (Laughable, but still...).
Back to top Go down
Turkeysaur
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Turkeysaur

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Commander - Open beta on FaceBook   Cosmic Commander - Open beta on FaceBook EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 12:38 am

Welp, sure primers are gonna rock the arena in the following months.

Lost the count how many times I saw 3x Cyburning, 2x Stilld/Poul/Jack Gadget and Crimrose/Gathima squads brute forcing their way to top 5. And lets not forget our favorite set-up since beta, 2x L-size super rare core and 2x healer .-.

At least they are having a hard time learning what to do for limited tournaments.
Back to top Go down
Me99909
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Me99909

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Commander - Open beta on FaceBook   Cosmic Commander - Open beta on FaceBook EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 8:16 am

I've been managing at least top 5 with the single Lily Rain and Crimrose paired up with different sets of support bots. I can usually get 15 Consecutive wins too but recently I've been unable to get Stagged cores Sad. I sometimes place higher and even first once. This strategy is probably going to fail when 3rd gen hits if arena limited costs go up proportionally.

Usually some raystags, destructors, polds, or a lancerlot comes along to beat me down.

The unlimited tourneys are tough but I still manage 5th somtimes. Got a few vultures to show for it.

Why is it that Primers get to win the arena, who need the rewards from the arena the least. Sad

I find it hilarious that a common core that is rare is Manimo. I got it from a secret boss, haven't spent it yet in hopes that a later gen will turn out useful.

I'm starting to regret using rare cores though. The costs of repairs is hefty and I don't want to not repair a rare core.

One of the main things that I've noticed that there seem to be very few Burn type weapons available to non-Primers. Even fewer to someone like me who avoids the CASH lotto too. (I want to exploit having it at low cost in Gen 5 or 6)

Just now I got a 45 win streak in the 2 v 2 tournament ^^. Got my stagged yay.

When will people learn that all choices are equally inferior to 6 Cannon Ballers

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Turkeysaur
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Turkeysaur

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Commander - Open beta on FaceBook   Cosmic Commander - Open beta on FaceBook EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 11:16 am

Prime can also be rewarded for backups, and try to not go too fast in main missions like Klein because squads are already more powerful than G3 bots at 3-03 (have fun killing the ascension bosses).
Back to top Go down
Me99909
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Me99909

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Commander - Open beta on FaceBook   Cosmic Commander - Open beta on FaceBook EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 12:23 am

Why? I've been trying to speed ahead and get my progress bar filled up so I can get whatever those EX rewards are. I've really slowed down though hitting 2-9. About to complete 2-10 now.

https://imgur.com/Fgn22

I've got too many items, I wish I could sell them off for cash.

Ever since 3rd Gen hit I've hit the ground running on these arenas. I haven't always made 1st or 2nd but I usually hit top five. Got my arena rating up to 918 at the moment. But I've been getting 30 consec wins in every area, so I'm collecting plenty of rare cores and manimo. Using those Scorpain to the fullest I can. ^^
Back to top Go down
Turkeysaur
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Turkeysaur

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Commander - Open beta on FaceBook   Cosmic Commander - Open beta on FaceBook EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 5:10 pm

Me99909 wrote:
Why? I've been trying to speed ahead and get my progress bar filled up so I can get whatever those EX rewards are. I've really slowed down though hitting 2-9. About to complete 2-10 now.

Because you might end up building 3-4 squads exclusively for a very rare, yet stupidly hard squad.

Full progress bar is a two-edge sword, you might run out of common cores, swim in expensive rare cores and never gotten the mythical EX-mission for a CHANCE to get very rare cores.
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Commander - Open beta on FaceBook   Cosmic Commander - Open beta on FaceBook EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 6:51 pm

so, according to turkeysaur the game got ALOT harder than it was in last beta?
Back to top Go down
Turkeysaur
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Turkeysaur

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Commander - Open beta on FaceBook   Cosmic Commander - Open beta on FaceBook EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 8:28 pm

Aurum_Sol wrote:
so, according to turkeysaur the game got ALOT harder than it was in last beta?

Yes, popular G2 bots got nerfed horribly like Daruma Star, Mechled and Cannon Baller. Can't play (or cheese...) around with their formation skills anymore because they don't trigger in specific rounds nor grant defense, accuracy and force bonuses.

Also, skills like Jamming, Acid Gas and Paralyze are now single target.

So, dealing with way stronger enemy squads is more complicated or even impossible if one lacks certain cores for their skills (to deal with a 03-09 main mission's boss area squad one requires to null repairing with "blocking", not even spamming "min damage received-max damage dealt" squads will works).

Back to top Go down
Turkeysaur
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Turkeysaur

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Commander - Open beta on FaceBook   Cosmic Commander - Open beta on FaceBook EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 3:24 pm

Having my progress bar filled since G1, finally got the first EX-mission .-.
Back to top Go down
Haradeas
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Commander - Open beta on FaceBook   Cosmic Commander - Open beta on FaceBook EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 4:57 pm

Played the game at CB1, but I see how they really destroyed the game - _-

Nothing is left from the fun of CB1, only frustration, forced to have FB, framrate is horrible, window got even smaller ( thank you facebook )

So sad, waited years, only to see the game going down the drain sigh*

Lets hope other game devs copy this game concept cause it is awsome. *fingers crossed*

Still sad to leave this game but ow well

Cya all maybe in another game
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Commander - Open beta on FaceBook   Cosmic Commander - Open beta on FaceBook Empty

Back to top Go down

Cosmic Commander - Open beta on FaceBook
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next