Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Fan-Manga Project, "Maho Shoujo Rika Magika." In Need Of Assistance.

Go down 
+12
kimiyosis
Seial
Aurum_Sol
That_Wiesel_Guy
Suki_Eve
NEXT
wonjoon
Tuskin
Gerrion
CapeMike
Hyoka
continue
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

My Fan-Manga Project, "Maho Shoujo Rika Magika." In Need Of Assistance. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Fan-Manga Project, "Maho Shoujo Rika Magika." In Need Of Assistance.   My Fan-Manga Project, "Maho Shoujo Rika Magika." In Need Of Assistance. - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 9:33 am

Aurum_Sol wrote:
Quote :
If it were serious, then most of Witches would not look like illustrations out of books I've read in kindergarten

did it ever cross your mind that the witches forms are a way to show the audience that the mind of the girls reverts to that of a child when they become witches?

Still doesn't make it serious. I mean stuff like Devil May Cry, Strike Witches, Gundam, Muv-Luv, Bayonetta, and such is a lot more Serious, and the Monsters they fight actually look threatening and detailed and awesome and stuff like that, and they Do Not Look Like those things. See what I mean?

Also I recall once in the series, Kyubey said something like "Not only has the situation become horrible, but also Ridiculous." That also tells about what I'm saying here. And lets not forget about how Kyouko would talk about how "illogical" their adventures had become.

And just because characters die a lot in it doesn't make it serious. Characters die a lot in stuff such as Kingdom Hearts, Zatch Bell, Bleach, Shaman King, Shinzo, and some others, but you don't consider them to be serious anime series because of that right? Its more than that to give a series a serious storyline.

And as I said before, Maho Shoujo Madoka Magika is still a good anime. I just wouldn't consider it "Serious" so to say.

Also a little something else I'd like to mention.

First of all, I finally decided on a Title for this Fan-Manga project, (its no longer having no real title).

Now, it is going to be called "Maho Shoujo Rika Magika."

Second of all. A lot of people have been giving me complaints that two of the Witches in this, Glacia, and Kolour, don't have fitting enough names for them. Recently, I came up with different names for them, and I am going to use these ones now.

Now, instead of Glacia, she will be called "Claudette The Winter Witch," and instead of Kolour, the other one will be called "Jane The Puppet Witch." Thought I'd let you know about this little change I am making now.

Third, I would like to mention when this Fan-Manga takes place, for those of you who are unaware. This fan-manga will be set to take place in-between the Second and Third time reversals of Homura's, being like Time Reversal 2.5 or something. So its sort of like an Interquel, as some will call it. At the end, there will be some scenes from the beginning of the Third Time Reversal, showing how it ties in as well. This will also explain any Time-Paradoxes you might notice, like all the other time paradoxes that happened in the original series, all due to Homura's time travel stuffs. So this is how it will tie in with the original series.

Fourth of all, as much as I disagree on it being this, I am going to add a few scenes into it of Rika-X-Jo Yuri.

Many of the others who are supporters, fans, and helpers of this project have been urging me really really hard to include scenes of Rika and Jo Yuri, though only ones that aren't actually sexual and stuff, but they said essentially the type of Yuri that Madoka and Homura sort of demonstrated. I never really considered that "Yuri" as much as Best Friendship, but whatever you call it, there will be such scenes of Rika and Jo doing these sorts of things together. So all of you who consider those things to be Yuri and enjoy it, just know that I am indeed going to add a good amount of that to this Fan-Manga. In fact, maybe I'll make some of them a little funny too, such as Rika getting a major nosebleed when Jo walks in looking rather cutesy, or something like that.
Senhime told me that this sort of Yuri is called "Shoujo ai," so lets consider it that.
Back to top Go down

My Fan-Manga Project, "Maho Shoujo Rika Magika." In Need Of Assistance. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Fan-Manga Project, "Maho Shoujo Rika Magika." In Need Of Assistance.   My Fan-Manga Project, "Maho Shoujo Rika Magika." In Need Of Assistance. - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 11:35 am

Hi everyone. Sorry for the double post. Well I still am working on "Rika Magika," and I have some big progress updates that I'd like to mention to you all.

First of all, after some hard thinking, I've decided to make Rika Magika a little longer than I originally intended. I was told it didn't seem long enough to be interesting, so I've decided to add more. If anyone wants to hear about some of the new longer plot that I am now adding, go ahead, but just be warned that it will most likely be a wall of text.

Also, relating to that I have made some HUGE changes to the storyline of this. There's still going to be the same characters and such, but now, many of the events and such will be different. So now, what I had written for this is irrelevant, and I have also removed the original storyline plot from the first post of this thread.
What I now have is a LOT longer than original and more detailed. If you want to hear it, let me know, but I'm not using the old one now. All of the originally planned characters will still be in it though.

Second, I've decided to add a third new Magical Girl to Rika Magika, and a cool and unique one too. I'll post the stuff about her below.

Her name is Haruka Conley

Spoiler:
Here is Haruka Conley. She's the third new girl who is going to be in Rika Magika. As you can see, she's super adorable and also usually wears her hair bangs covering her eyes, and is also mostly orange in color. Haruka's Maho Shoujo outfit looks like a WWII esque army uniform complete with a Titovka hat, and also has her with sandal-like shoes. Her Soul Gem in its portable form attaches to her foot.

Spoiler:
Haruka's Maho Shoujo powers are to summon up to 5 of these small, orb-like beings that she calls her "Cohorts." They are sentient but obey her every command and are willing to protect Haruka at all costs. However, it takes a while and a bit of power for her to summon them, so she can't do it on the fly, and she can only have 5 out at a time, so she still isn't overpowered or anything. In fact, Haruka is about evenly matched with Kyouko, but Mami could still beat her, which is a good comparison for how strong she is.
I found this to be a very unique power that hasn't been used much before, but still isn't overpowered for Haruka. Since this is a CB website, you might find Haruka's Cohorts to be similar to Psycho Cluster's side-units.

Spoiler:
Haruka's Maho Shoujo weapons are these MAC-10 like Magic SMG's. They have high firerate and ammo size, but do low damage per shot and aren't too accurate. She uses them very well though, and often times has her Cohorts use extra copies of them in battle. In a way, her guns are like the exact opposite of Mami's guns. Like the other Maho Shoujos, her powers let her summon as many as she wants though. She usually summons them out of her hat or out of the weapon holsters on her belt. Haruka doesn't have any Maho Shoujo Special Attacks though.

Spoiler:
And here's Haruka Conley before she made a contract. Before, she had suffered a horrible accident that damaged her spine and made her unable to walk, forcing her to use a Wheelchair. When she met Kyubey, she wished to be able to walk again, and that's how she became involved with the Maho Shoujos. Also I must mention is that the other new Maho Shoujo in this, Jo Ayara, actually sort of persuaded her to do this.

Third of all, I am adding some more Witches to Rika Magika to make it more interesting. These new Witches I am still working on the art of, and might release soon, but they can be difficult to draw. Here's the new Witches I am also going to be adding to Rika Magika.
-Phoebe The Sky Witch
-Rangda The Chimera Witch
-Teresa The Fog Witch
-Haruka Conley's Witch Form (will reveal later).

This makes a total of 8 new Witches that will be in this. If anyone wants to hear more on them, let me know and I'll tell you about them. All of them will be really interesting and cool though.

Finally, a pal of mine on Deviant Art, named Angelily-Tan, has designed a cover for this Fan-Manga of mine. I'd like to show you this, since it is going to be the cover page and all. There's still some other stuff I'm going to add to that later, but this is what we have so far, and it is actually rather good.

You can see what we have for the cover of Rika Magika below. What do you all think of it?
Spoiler:

Well this is what I have to report on my progress so far. Anything you'd like to say or ask? I still don't know when I will be done on this, for it is certainly hard work, but I still won't give up. I hope you guys like what progress I've made for this so far. I think it's pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Seial
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Seial

Male Posts : 129

PostSubject: Re: My Fan-Manga Project, "Maho Shoujo Rika Magika." In Need Of Assistance.   My Fan-Manga Project, "Maho Shoujo Rika Magika." In Need Of Assistance. - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 5:54 pm

WOW very creative plus interesting Smile

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Fan-Manga Project, "Maho Shoujo Rika Magika." In Need Of Assistance.   My Fan-Manga Project, "Maho Shoujo Rika Magika." In Need Of Assistance. - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 6:40 pm

I'm glad you find it to be interesting, Seial. I'm working hard on this, and I will not give up. Thanks for that!

Also check this out. I finished the reference of another new Witch that will be in this. I had some help from a friend to draw her in another ridiculous-looking, different art style, like with the other Witches, but I still did a lot myself.
This one is of "Phoebe The Sky Witch.

Spoiler:
Here's the reference pic of Phoebe, flying throughout her Witch Barrier

Phoebe
The Sky Witch. She has a Competitive Nature. She flies about her massive aerial barrier at high speed, but longs for a worthy opponent to challenge to a race. If she finds an outsider in her barrier, she will force the outsider to race against her while riding on one of the barrier's flying vehicles, or else face her wrath. If they lose, she will challenge them again and again, for the rest of their lives. If one were to finally win against her in a race, she will be instantly defeated.

Spoiler:
This is the main reference of Phoebe's gremlin-like minions, Charles.

Charles
The minions of the Sky Witch. Their duty is to cheer on the Witch. They fly about the barrier and whenever they see her, they praise and admire her fast speed and racing expertise. However, The Witch doesn't notice their cheering too often, as for she passes by them too quickly with her speeds. Nevertheless, they still will try their best to applaud for her efforts and skill.

Spoiler:
Madoka Magika-style Witch Data-cards of the three stated earlier. Here's the ones for Phoebe and her Charles minions. I plan to put these in one page of my Fan-Manga, preferbably before the part where they first go to face against her.

Spoiler:
This is the Grief Seed of Phoebe, which they obtain after taking her out.

Spoiler:
And this is Phoebe's Witch Kiss marking, which appears on those whom she targets, like with the other Witches.

What do you think of this Witch? I plan to add Phoebe to Rika Magika as one of the Witches they will fight early on, perhaps as the first one in this.
I still have a couple more Witches to finish, but I'm still on it. I think the difficulty of drawing in the art style of the Witches is one of the things that are holding me back the most in this project of mine.

Also, something I'd like to mention that I'm adding to Rika Magika. I bet a lot of Madoka Magika fans will like this too!

In one scene, I am planning on having Hitomi get killed. You know, that one mean girl whom they meet with in the series? The way she will die will be that she accidentally wanders into a Witch's Barrier (not Phoebe's though, but another one), and she gets murdered by the Witch. Later on when the girls actually go to face against the said Witch, they find Hitomi's dead corpse laying in there, which really freaks them out as well.

That certainly will help make things more better and satisfying, right? Although then again, her death gets erased at the end when Homura goes back in time once more, but it will still be very satisfying to see Hitomi die in the way she deserves to like that, right? We all hate Hitomi.
Back to top Go down
kimiyosis
kimiyosis

PostSubject: Re: My Fan-Manga Project, "Maho Shoujo Rika Magika." In Need Of Assistance.   My Fan-Manga Project, "Maho Shoujo Rika Magika." In Need Of Assistance. - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 8:43 am

If you need help with drawing, I can lend my limited expertise.

When I mean limited, I mean that I can only draw non-living objects. Tell me to draw a fortress, I can do so. Tell me to draw a tree, you got cancer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Fan-Manga Project, "Maho Shoujo Rika Magika." In Need Of Assistance.   My Fan-Manga Project, "Maho Shoujo Rika Magika." In Need Of Assistance. - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 10:33 am

kimiyosis wrote:
If you need help with drawing, I can lend my limited expertise.

When I mean limited, I mean that I can only draw non-living objects. Tell me to draw a fortress, I can do so. Tell me to draw a tree, you got cancer.
That could certainly be helpful, Kimiyosis. Especially because there's a lot of buildings and other such structures that will be in Rika Magika, such as the various towers and buildings in the city that Maho Shoujo takes place in, the huge school that Madoka and the other girls attend (including Rika Isoni in this), Haruka Conley's vacation home in the woods, and a couple others. If I need your help, I'll be sure to notify you about it when the time comes.

Last edited by galaxina on Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TrieDaEsprit
3Legion
TrieDaEsprit

Male Posts : 2661

PostSubject: Re: My Fan-Manga Project, "Maho Shoujo Rika Magika." In Need Of Assistance.   My Fan-Manga Project, "Maho Shoujo Rika Magika." In Need Of Assistance. - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 11:38 am

You might want to go for a one shot, it's kinda like releasing a demo for a game
Back to top Go down
Saitama
Hostile Forumer
Saitama

PostSubject: Re: My Fan-Manga Project, "Maho Shoujo Rika Magika." In Need Of Assistance.   My Fan-Manga Project, "Maho Shoujo Rika Magika." In Need Of Assistance. - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 3:56 pm

>Madoka
>Good

Top lel.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Fan-Manga Project, "Maho Shoujo Rika Magika." In Need Of Assistance.   My Fan-Manga Project, "Maho Shoujo Rika Magika." In Need Of Assistance. - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 5:50 pm

Saitama wrote:
>Madoka
>Good

Top lel.
I don't understand what you mean by that. Are you saying that you don't like the idea behind this?

If you aren't interested in this Fan-Manga project of mine, or want to help, then please just take your business elsewhere, Saitama. This isn't a topic for insults to stuff that I'm working on.
Back to top Go down
TrieDaEsprit
3Legion
TrieDaEsprit

Male Posts : 2661

PostSubject: Re: My Fan-Manga Project, "Maho Shoujo Rika Magika." In Need Of Assistance.   My Fan-Manga Project, "Maho Shoujo Rika Magika." In Need Of Assistance. - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 7:01 pm

galaxina wrote:
Saitama wrote:
>Madoka
>Good

Top lel.
I don't understand what you mean by that. Are you saying that you don't like the idea behind this?

If you aren't interested in this Fan-Manga project of mine, or want to help, then please just take your business elsewhere, Saitama. This isn't a topic for insults to stuff that I'm working on.
I think he is probably praising you since you are a fan of Madoka which he is probably also a fan of, it goes probably like this in VB
Private sub Saitama_Change()
If Saitama.text = "Non-Sarcasm" Then
galaxina'sSupporter.caption = OldSupporter.caption + 1
Else
If Saitama.text = "Sarcasm" Then
galaxina'sDislikers.caption = OldDislikers.caption + 1
End If
End If
End Sub

Private sub galaxina'sSupporter_Change()
Old Supporter.caption = galaxina'sSupporter.caption
End Sub

Private sub galaxina'sDislikers_Change()
OldDislikers.caption=galaxina'sDislikers.caption
End sub

Private sub CmdExit_Click()
Unload Me
End Sub
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Fan-Manga Project, "Maho Shoujo Rika Magika." In Need Of Assistance.   My Fan-Manga Project, "Maho Shoujo Rika Magika." In Need Of Assistance. - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 9:21 am

Well if that is the case, then I apologize for that, Saitama.

Oh, and check this out below. This is another cool thing I will be adding to Rika Magika.
Spoiler:

After Every Victory over a Witch in Rika Magika, I plan to add a scene like this at the end, although with a different Maho Shoujo and Grief Seed being held up, but similar thing. Doesn't this make their victory over the Witch they were fighting seem more Heroic and Awesome, with that cool pose, the sparkle on the Grief Seed, and the big flashy text of "YOU GOT A GRIEF SEED" done in both Madoka Runes and normal font.

I plan to improve on a lot of things that weren't so good in the original series, with Rika Magika, and this is one of them. The original Witch Battle victories were just they pick up the Grief Seed and walk away. BORING! No cheers of joy like "Yay, We Did It! That Was Awesome!" No victorious-sounding fanfare, no nothing.
This way though, the end of each Witch Battle will look more awesome and like they really accomplished something. I mean they should be happy and cheering after finishing a long and hard fight and defeating a powerful enemy like that, right? It's like in Shinzo, or Medabots, or Sonic X, or something like that.

Anything you'd like to say about this?
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: My Fan-Manga Project, "Maho Shoujo Rika Magika." In Need Of Assistance.   My Fan-Manga Project, "Maho Shoujo Rika Magika." In Need Of Assistance. - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 9:32 am

This feels less like a comic and more like a videogame.

"Congratulations! You got a Grief Seed!" *ka-chink*

"EXTRAAAAAAAA LIEEEEEEEEEEEEF" *ka-chink!*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Fan-Manga Project, "Maho Shoujo Rika Magika." In Need Of Assistance.   My Fan-Manga Project, "Maho Shoujo Rika Magika." In Need Of Assistance. - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 1:03 am

Hyoka wrote:
This feels less like a comic and more like a videogame.

"Congratulations! You got a Grief Seed!" *ka-chink*

"EXTRAAAAAAAA LIEEEEEEEEEEEEF" *ka-chink!*
And is there a problem with that?

Also, I got more inspiration for that "YOU GOT A GRIEF SEED" scene I'm adding to Rika Magika from certain animes, and less from video games, as I mentioned in the post. I got the idea from stuff like in Medabots during the scene where they gain a new part, or in Shinzo when they gain a new Hyper-Enterran's Power Card, or in Sonic X The Anime when he'd collect a Chaos Emerald, and such. Those scenes in the said anime were like that too, and they weren't too video-game like, were they?

Besides, even so, I always felt the original Maho Shoujo Madoka Magika gave a lot of video game vibes. I mean for one, just look at the "Layout" of the Witch Barriers, and how some of the Maho Shoujos have a "Limit Break" move to finish the Witch off, and plenty more.
Not to mention how some of them looked similar to Video Game Characters I've seen. For instance, Charlotte Phase 1 looked to me like a Shy-Guy from Mario with big ears, Charlotte Phase 2 resembled this one Ghost Clown Nightmaren Boss from NiGHTS, and WalpurgisNight looks rather similar to Cackletta from Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga.

Also, I should let you know that I'm also working on a better sequence for when they use an acquired Grief Seed to power up with it and become stronger. Make it more flashy and awesome-looking than in the original and such, like I did with the Grief Seed acquiring part.

Also Hyoka, if you're going to suggest a music track to go with the scene, I personally think this music track fits better for that "YOU GOT A GRIEF SEED" scene I designed for my Rika Magika Fan-Manga.
This here below works a lot better for that scene. Do you agree?
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: My Fan-Manga Project, "Maho Shoujo Rika Magika." In Need Of Assistance.   My Fan-Manga Project, "Maho Shoujo Rika Magika." In Need Of Assistance. - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 1:46 am

But that's what your picture looks like: something out of a video game rather than a comic.

If you want it to have at least some sort of effect that isn't cheesy, have them pick it up and show them having it in their hand/between their fingers as they walk away with a textbox saying "[Name] has gained a Grief Seed".

Extra points if it's the last panel of the chapter.

Last edited by Hyoka on Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Fan-Manga Project, "Maho Shoujo Rika Magika." In Need Of Assistance.   My Fan-Manga Project, "Maho Shoujo Rika Magika." In Need Of Assistance. - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 10:34 pm

Hyoka wrote:
Extra points if it's the last panel of the chapter.
That's exactly what I had in mind.

And yes, Rika Magika will be divided into Chapters. One awesome and action-filled Witch Battle per Chapter too. No dumb and disappointing "Multiple really short and not-so-eventful Witch Battles for a Chapter" like they did in Episode 10 of the original series, or chapters where there was no Witch Battle. I am planning for this One awesome Witch Fight per chapter, and each one will be long and awesome, with lots of parkour and fighting and explosions and such, cranked up to the max, no exceptions.
Because that's what Maho Shoujo is all about, and that's what makes the series good, aside from the extreme cuteness and cuddliness and moe'.

Speaking of cuteness and cuddliness and moe', I recently finished designing some more outfits that the main character, Rika Isoni, will be wearing, aside from her Schoolgirl Outfit. Take a look at these other outfits that she will wear in Rika Magica, and tell me what you think of them.

Note: None of these are a Maho Shoujo Outfit for her. I haven't yet decided on if Rika will ultimately make a contract in this, or not.

Spoiler:
This is Rika's super-cute sweater outfit that she will be wearing at certain scenes.

Spoiler:
And this is Rika's pajamas outfit that she will wear during parts when she's sleeping or has just recently woken up.

What do you think of these other outfits that Rika will be wearing? Do they still make her look extremely super adorable and sweet?

Last edited by Armored Entity on Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

PostSubject: Re: My Fan-Manga Project, "Maho Shoujo Rika Magika." In Need Of Assistance.   My Fan-Manga Project, "Maho Shoujo Rika Magika." In Need Of Assistance. - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 10:38 pm

galaxina wrote:
Spoiler:
And this is Rika's pajamas outfit that she will wear during parts when she's sleeping or has just recently woken up.
Did her legs evaporate when she woke up?
Back to top Go down
KidGlitch
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
KidGlitch

Male Posts : 1703

PostSubject: Re: My Fan-Manga Project, "Maho Shoujo Rika Magika." In Need Of Assistance.   My Fan-Manga Project, "Maho Shoujo Rika Magika." In Need Of Assistance. - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 10:48 pm

Melted, cuz there's still some substance there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Fan-Manga Project, "Maho Shoujo Rika Magika." In Need Of Assistance.   My Fan-Manga Project, "Maho Shoujo Rika Magika." In Need Of Assistance. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 10:21 pm

Astral_Goddess wrote:
Did her legs evaporate when she woke up?

No, it's just supposed to be her kneeling. It's not a full-body shot and you can see part of her feet near the bottom.
But I'll fix it later if you think it needs work.

Well otherwise, what do you think of her Pajamas Outfit. Also, what do you think about her sweater outfit?

Another thing I'd like to mention. I've decided to change the beginning of Rika Magica, and I was wondering what you think of my new idea for the beginning? This will be how Rika, the Main Character, gets involved with the Maho Shoujos and Kyubey and the Witches and all. I thought this was better than my original idea, and it works well with the series too. If anyone could tell me what you think of this beginning idea, please do.

This is what I now have planned for the beginning of Rika Magica.
Spoiler:

Well, if anyone could, tell me what you think of this new idea I had for the beginning of Rika Magica?
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: My Fan-Manga Project, "Maho Shoujo Rika Magika." In Need Of Assistance.   My Fan-Manga Project, "Maho Shoujo Rika Magika." In Need Of Assistance. - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 3:03 am

strung along to monster hunt/test of courage cliche

It would be better for rika to have completely ignored it 'til someone phones her to ask to help find the missing girl
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Fan-Manga Project, "Maho Shoujo Rika Magika." In Need Of Assistance.   My Fan-Manga Project, "Maho Shoujo Rika Magika." In Need Of Assistance. - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 4:22 pm

Not really. It's a lot more original than the original series beginning, where they just sort of run into the Maho Shoujo and Witch stuff by accident and then get involved. Here instead, at the start they are actively looking for them, although they don't know exactly what they are, but the way that they get involved with the Maho Shoujo and Witch stuff is less accidental, and more unique too.

Also, the missing girl would've been lost for quite a while, so it would not work as well that way. It's more like she's been missing for months, and after what really happened to her, the monster story came up from that, and Rika and her friends decide to see if it's real or not, but then Rika finds more than they expected, and gets involved in a massive supernatural adventure with the Maho Shoujos from that.

By the way, another thing I want to mention. I got the idea for this part of my Fan-Manga after recently playing this video game called "Ao Oni."
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: My Fan-Manga Project, "Maho Shoujo Rika Magika." In Need Of Assistance.   My Fan-Manga Project, "Maho Shoujo Rika Magika." In Need Of Assistance. - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 12:11 pm

Then we'll leave it to the blue demons to do that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Fan-Manga Project, "Maho Shoujo Rika Magika." In Need Of Assistance.   My Fan-Manga Project, "Maho Shoujo Rika Magika." In Need Of Assistance. - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 12:37 am

Okay, just posting here to tell you all that I'm still working on this, and that the project is not dead, though it has been coming along slow. I have not given up, and I have no plans of giving up anytime soon.

What I really need right now is someone who can draw in the silly and weird-looking abstract-y art styles of the Witches in the series. I am not good at drawing in those goofy styles, but I need some people who can. Is there anyone here who could help me with this?
The Witch Art Styles are pretty much the biggest thing holding me back on this project, and I need some serious help on that part.

I have a bunch of the new Witches sketched out mostly. I just need them re-drawn in those art styles so that it fits with the series. Anyone here know how to draw in those styles and think they can help me out here? That's what I need help with the most on in this project right now.

EDIT: Got another Witch done for this Project, with help from a friend that is.
3 Witches finished, 5 more to go.

This one is of This one is of "Claudette The Winter Witch." She's a unique Witch who's weak inner body is covered in a hard Ice Outer Shell, and she also has large floating hands too. She has powers over Ice and Snow.

Spoiler:
Here's Claudette with her Icy Outer Shell Armor

Spoiler:
This is Claudette when her Outer Shell is broken off, exposing her vulnerable inner body.

Claudette
The Winter Witch. Her nature is of Delusions of Grandeur. She personally believes that she is one of the strongest beings there is, but she truly isn’t as strong as she things, and she isn’t that smart either. Her vulnerable inner body is covered in an icy outer shell, which also gives her power. She hates fire and heat.

Spoiler:
This is the main reference of Claudette's Ice Sculpture-like minions, Gregory and Harriet.

Gregory and Harriet
The minions of the Winter Witch. Their role is to be trophies of the Witch’s past victories. Each of them is designed to resemble a person whom the Witch has triumphed over in the past. They cannot move whenever they are within the direct line of sight of someone else.

Spoiler:
Madoka Magika-style Witch Data-cards of the three stated earlier. Here's the ones for Claudette and her Gregory and Harriet minions. I plan to put these in one page of my Fan-Manga, preferbably before the part where they first go to face against her.

Spoiler:
This is the Grief Seed of Claudette.

Spoiler:
And this is Claudette's Witch Kiss marking, which appears on those whom she targets, like with the other Witches.

Personally, I think she's a pretty unique concept for a Witch, and although she isn't a pushover, could be an interesting early opponent for the Magical Girls.

What do you all think of this Witch? Any thoughts and opinions on her?

Still dunno when I'll get this full project finished, but I'm working on it little by little.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Fan-Manga Project, "Maho Shoujo Rika Magika." In Need Of Assistance.   My Fan-Manga Project, "Maho Shoujo Rika Magika." In Need Of Assistance. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 12:08 pm

Sorry for the Double-Post. Well anyways I wanted to show you something that I will be adding in this project now.

It’s about time that I introduced another pair of characters for my Rika Magica project. They are both going to be minor characters, but although less important and focused on than Rika Isoni, Jo Ayara, Haruka Conley, and the other Magical Girls, they will still play a good role in this. Not to mention, in a couple of anime series I’ve been into, I’ve seen times when even Minor Characters become surprisingly popular, so who knows, maybe they might become popular in this too!

Also, they both are Male. A rarity to see among Maho Shoujo Fan-Characters these days.
And yes, they are the two who are involved in the Monster Hunt that gets Rika to first discover the Maho Shoujos and the Witches. They will be appearing at other parts in this Fan-Manga too, although they will have minor roles and won't appear as often as Rika, Jo, Haruka, and the other Magical Girls.

Ugh, these guys were tough. I think I'm better at drawing girls than I am at drawing boys.

This is Maeda Daisuke and Manabu Ishida.

Spoiler:

Maeda and Manabu were both good male friends of Rika Isoni’s, and they were her best buds originally (but just friends, not Boyfriends or anything like that, they're not love interests).

Later on, when Rika met the Maho Shoujos and started hanging out with the girls more, she began to hang with these friends of her’s a lot less than she used to. They still remain her friends, but not as close as they used to be, ever since she got caught up in the events with the Magical Girls.

As you can see, both of them have both a Casual Outfit, and a Schoolboy Outfit, much like Rika herself. They both will probably be seen in their Schoolboy Outfits a lot more often though, just like the characters in the original series.

Now for the individual descriptions on each of them

Maeda Daisuke:

Maeda Daisuke is a 15-year old Schoolboy who was Rika's best friend before she met Jo, Haruka, and the other Magical Girls. He is quite impulsive and determined, and is always looking for something to do. He also tends to get bored easily most times.
Maeda shares some traits with Rika, such as his love for excitement and his bravery and fearlessness. In fact, some of these traits Rika sorta of picked up from him. However, unlike Rika who although fearless still knows when to back off, Maeda is bold to the point of recklessness, which has gotten him into trouble on a number of occasions (part of the reason why he has a bandage on his cheek).

Before, Maeda would usually get into fights with bullies and gangsters and hoodlums a lot, and usually not back off even when the situation gets dire. Rika ironically had to save him from a lot of these situations, which is partially how she became so brave and willing to help out her friends despite not having powers. He still has a rivalry with a certain Delinquent hanging around Mitakihara Town, who has caused trouble there.

He’s also friends with Manabu Ishida, whom Rika sorta introduced him to. He finds him a little bit weird at times, but still enjoys his company nonetheless, and finds that he’s good to help find things to do.

After Rika makes friends with the Maho Shoujos, and goes with them on their adventures, she started hanging with Maeda less than she used to. She doesn't tell him the reason why of course, since she keeps her activity with the Maho Shoujos and their adventures fighting the Witches secret.
Maeda notices this soon, and starts to think that Rika is just feeling down lately. He then tries his best to cheer her up, even though that's not really the case with Rika.

Manabu Ishida:

Manabu Ishida is a 14-year old Schoolboy, and one of Rika’s close friends before she got caught up with the Maho Shoujos. He is a good-humored boy with an even temper, and despite being younger than Rika and Maeda, he is as sharp as a Tack. He’s also quite smart, and has been able to give some valuable assistance with Rika and Maeda’s schoolwork at times.

As you can see, he likes to wear this hat when he's not in school, and he also frequently carries a digital camera hanging around his neck.

Manabu is the information guy of the group and is very well-informed of various rumors too. He's also been investigating the strange unexplained phenomenon happening all across Mitakihara Town.
Manabu is really into paranormal and supernatural stuff, and the various strange happenings that have been going on have given him more reason to believe in them too. He’s often times thinks that the cause of these mysterious phenomena are things like Demons, Ghosts, Aliens, Cryptozoologic Monsters (Bigfoot-like stuff), and more. However, the true causes for it all is far from any of what he believes.

In fact, I had planned that Rika going along on one of his hunts would be what ends up with her first meeting the Maho Shoujos and getting involved with their matters and such.

Rika became friends with Manabu a while back, and although she never really believed in his claims, she always found his stories and theories to be interesting to listen to, and sometimes would imagine it to be astounding if any of it were actually real.
However, later on, when Rika gets involved with the Maho Shoujos and their adventures facing against the Witches, she finds also that many of Manabu’s claims may not have been as much of a hoax as she originally believed, though the cause was something far different, Witches! Of course, she keeps what happens during her adventures a secret from him and Maeda, but afterwards, she begins to take more interest in Manabu’s theories. Coincidentally, Manabu’s theories actually helps Rika and the other Maho Shoujos find the locations of certain Witch Barrier Portals at times.

However, like with Maeda, Rika also starts to hang out with Manabu a lot less after she starts spending more time with the Maho Shoujos. Manabu at times gets a little suspicious about it, but Maeda tells him that he is sure that it’s nothing like that, and she’s just feeling down or something.

Maeda was sort of introduced to him by Rika. Although he sometimes finds his talk and theories about supernatural, unexplained activity to be annoying at times, he still generally likes him, and finds him good to find things to do from.

Manabu also starts looking into matters like Haruka Conley mysteriously being able to walk again, Sayaka’s True Love, Kyousuke's crippled hands suddenly being restored out of the blue, the girl named "Homura" who seems to have knowledge of certain future events, and the unexplained disappearances of various girls across the town too. He frequently searches for the reason behind it all in his spare time, and comes up with a lot of theories to try and explain it.

Yep, little by little this Manga Project is getting done. I'll keep letting you all know about other significant stuff that I've finished for it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Fan-Manga Project, "Maho Shoujo Rika Magika." In Need Of Assistance.   My Fan-Manga Project, "Maho Shoujo Rika Magika." In Need Of Assistance. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

My Fan-Manga Project, "Maho Shoujo Rika Magika." In Need Of Assistance.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2