Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cosmic Break - Aim not working

Go down 
+5
Trill
MagicPotatoplz
dragongx92
Suguri
DarkChuky
9 posters
AuthorMessage
DarkChuky
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
DarkChuky

Male Posts : 981

Cosmic Break - Aim not working Empty
PostSubject: Cosmic Break - Aim not working   Cosmic Break - Aim not working EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 11:48 pm

Hi, I was just playing around and decide to make a video where you can see how the aim work fail in Cosmic Break:

In the video when we are in 3rd person you can see the crossair in one place, but the bullets goint to another place....

when in 1st person it work as every other game....

I know it also afected by the Tarjeting system, but.. this is odd!!

comments?
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break - Aim not working   Cosmic Break - Aim not working EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 11:50 pm

Crosshairs and aiming are based on your bot's perspective, not the camera's.

I thought this'd be obvious considering it's a third-person game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break - Aim not working   Cosmic Break - Aim not working EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 12:02 am

Playing Cb in first person is weird.

Back to top Go down
DarkChuky
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
DarkChuky

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break - Aim not working   Cosmic Break - Aim not working EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 12:07 am

What I know, is that its based in the weapon you hold...
also afected by the size of the bot.
Back to top Go down
dragongx92
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
dragongx92

Male Posts : 236

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break - Aim not working   Cosmic Break - Aim not working EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 12:09 am

First person is only helpful in some situations....
Back to top Go down
MagicPotatoplz
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

Male Posts : 898

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break - Aim not working   Cosmic Break - Aim not working EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 12:14 am

Yeah, Blast Railguns do this. This is why I always hated Blast Railgun, though once I figured that out it was a LOT easier to aim.

Not sure WHY they made it so they'd do that, but it is stupid. I suppose some other Railguns may do this as well. :I
Back to top Go down
DarkChuky
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
DarkChuky

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break - Aim not working   Cosmic Break - Aim not working EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 11:39 am

No idea if all like rail gun weapons are the same.. but I remember seen this in other weapons.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break - Aim not working   Cosmic Break - Aim not working EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 11:57 am

Pretty sure it's because Lesson Area is perfectly flat. From what I can tell it has 0 stage curvature, which is why if you notice, the railgun doesn't "curve" or drop at all.
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break - Aim not working   Cosmic Break - Aim not working EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 1:01 pm

...was kinda hoping we'd get the option to disable the current locking system for main weaps, and go full manual-aiming someday.... <_<;

Still, can't believe it never occurred to me that it all goes from the bot's point of view and not ours....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break - Aim not working   Cosmic Break - Aim not working EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 1:22 pm

I never really payed much attention to the difference, because of the auto-aim assist
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break - Aim not working   Cosmic Break - Aim not working EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 3:30 pm

MagicPotatoplz wrote:
Yeah, Blast Railguns do this. This is why I always hated Blast Railgun, though once I figured that out it was a LOT easier to aim.

Not sure WHY they made it so they'd do that, but it is stupid. I suppose some other Railguns may do this as well. :I
Like I said, aim's based on the character's perspective, not the player's.

It's exactly the same in FPS games that allow a third-person viewpoint via console commands or whatnot.
Back to top Go down
Klinkin
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Klinkin

Male Posts : 227

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break - Aim not working   Cosmic Break - Aim not working EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 8:36 pm

There's still no reason that you can't have the crosshair accurately represent the location where the shot will hit. For example, S4 League also has third-person aiming, but it works pretty much perfectly.

If you think that's bad, try using a laser sometime. Since there's a constant beam, you can see how your actual aim tracks...or, more accurately, doesn't track. There's a maybe 5-degree arc around your cursor in which you can aim while firing a weapon and have the weapon not make those small adjustments. I'm pretty sure the derpy aim-assist is to try and mitigate the fact that their engine can't handle accurate aiming.
Back to top Go down
/dev/random
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break - Aim not working   Cosmic Break - Aim not working EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 5:36 am

Trill wrote:
Pretty sure it's because Lesson Area is perfectly flat. From what I can tell it has 0 stage curvature, which is why if you notice, the railgun doesn't "curve" or drop at all.

This. Same issue with monica's rocket, it fires straight like an arrow with no drop.
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

Male Posts : 8639

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break - Aim not working   Cosmic Break - Aim not working EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 6:01 am

Suguri wrote:
MagicPotatoplz wrote:

Like I said, aim's based on the character's perspective, not the player's.

It's exactly the same in FPS games that allow a third-person viewpoint via console commands or whatnot.

Doesent change the fact it sucks. Ive been bashing this games aiming system for years. 2 the character perspective and your cursor can jump outa sync especially on airs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break - Aim not working   Cosmic Break - Aim not working Empty

Back to top Go down

Cosmic Break - Aim not working
Page 1 of 1