Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Luto Build?

Go down 
+18
meatlander
udon-GE
Malphes
shadow_nekros
Relict?
fggt
DarkChuky
Aurum_Sol
Silvershine
Nymph~
Raven
Turkeysaur
tehprognoob
RavFromYetti
Stickboy
Trill
Suguri
Akhenderson
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Akhenderson
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Akhenderson

Male Posts : 864

Luto Build? Empty
PostSubject: Luto Build?   Luto Build? EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 4:08 pm

Spoiler:
Just posting a random build that might be half decent, considering Luto is absurdly powerful.
- Crimson Veil for obvious reasons
- Short Boost only because while in air, she can still melee to slice down to earth and continue the combo
- high glad for... i don't even know what high glad really does... I never use it, but people love to reference it.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

Luto Build? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luto Build?   Luto Build? EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 4:24 pm

High Glad makes you move more and combo faster with your melees. Helps for chasing, stunlocking, and unlike Slow it's not left to chance or counterable by Clearance.

Of course, EN doesn't use Clearance anywhere near as much as JP, so.

But anyway, some bots do benefit massively from it; Axer's combo goes from "escapable" with no high glads to "airtight stunlock" with two (three makes it easier to catch targets though)
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

Luto Build? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luto Build?   Luto Build? EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 6:14 pm

I can't help but wonder why the cheerpom when you have ample slots open. Not into tuning 3rd slots? And why not Black Layer? If you need one I can sell you one now :V
Back to top Go down
Akhenderson
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Akhenderson

Luto Build? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luto Build?   Luto Build? EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 6:23 pm

Trill wrote:
I can't help but wonder why the cheerpom when you have ample slots open. Not into tuning 3rd slots? And why not Black Layer? If you need one I can sell you one now :V
The cheer pom pom i already had so i wanted to limit the number of other tunes on different parts of her. I know she has a very big surplus of slots but going to lower percentages is going to be really difficult to tune. Not to mention the unavailability of slot protectors. (Specifically omega). This was more so for me not trying to tune as harder.

And not black layer because apparently i wanted a higher strength stat. Although now that I'm testing my stuff first, I figure i should get quick land instead so i can react faster to landing after short boosting, so I can remove the blue flower with high power beta and give her just a black layer ribbon. Not to mention my complete lack of brain right there mentioning that I have a million more slots that I could use to give her high power beta rather than using a blue ribbon to tune it with. durr.

Right now, it's more of testing. I really like her a lot, but the fact is, I'll probably get yelled at pretty soon because Luto is one cruel melee bot with fantastic stun potential/infinite combo potential.
Back to top Go down
Stickboy
Master Poster
Master Poster
Stickboy

Male Posts : 2971

Luto Build? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luto Build?   Luto Build? EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 11:25 pm

Her base stat ez so low. Elisa-tier stat. ._.
Back to top Go down

Luto Build? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luto Build?   Luto Build? EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 11:45 pm

I tried making an Ouka-like build.

I couldn't fit in the stats I wanted with broad radar.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
RavFromYetti
RavFromYetti

Male Posts : 83

Luto Build? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luto Build?   Luto Build? EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 10:38 pm

dafuq how many people out there got Luto O.o? since there hasn't been any video of her on youtube, that make's her most like an rare. Mean's it makes her unique.
Back to top Go down
http://ravthehedgehog.deviantart.com/
tehprognoob
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
tehprognoob

Male Posts : 1712

Luto Build? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luto Build?   Luto Build? EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 10:51 pm

Dude, almost nobody puts CB videos on youtube anymore.

Only a few people still do that
Back to top Go down
Turkeysaur
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Turkeysaur

Luto Build? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luto Build?   Luto Build? EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 10:56 pm

CV without any form of shielding is suicide in current meta.

There're so many things wrong with melee boost runners that I'll assume you want to suicide with that build.
Back to top Go down
Akhenderson
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Akhenderson

Luto Build? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luto Build?   Luto Build? EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 11:29 pm

Turkeysaur wrote:

There're so many things wrong with melee boost runners that I'll assume you want to suicide with that build.
I'm really debating on whether i should be adding crimson veil at all because of how it fares sometimes. I put it on lios and sure he can kill something, but because of the fact that there is no damage reduction, he gets injured way too quickly. And since Luto is already pretty frail, especially in this metagame where seraph lasers hit 1/4th of her health in one shot, I want to keep my health up and running rather than just getting myself murdered at the expense of one bot.

Instead, I might just put clearance tunes. The 20 cost for +10HP, 30% defenses and immunity to very critical status ailments such as curse or shock can help me counter some threats and increase survivability.

I also notice that the only time I ever use my wonder bit is when I wonder dodge so I guess I can leave my tec down to the negatives then.

Spoiler:
I guess this is a bit better in some fashion? 36 run while having 2 clearance tunes with broad radar would most likely make her survivability increase, as well as be able to choose her targets.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Raven

Male Posts : 946

Luto Build? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luto Build?   Luto Build? EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 11:40 pm

Akhenderson wrote:
I put it on lios and sure he can kill something, but because of the fact that there is no damage reduction, he gets injured way too quickly.

I keep hearing people spout this, but I swear it's not true. When my 40 TGH Daed procs CV I'm pretty sure I still see single digit hits. What you might be thinking of is no stun, which in turn means no hard stun, which means you don't get any amount of invincibility.

Unless someone can confirm for me that when CV is active you basically have 0 TGH, which is what I'm getting from this.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

Luto Build? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luto Build?   Luto Build? EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 12:44 am

Akhenderson wrote:
but because of the fact that there is no damage reduction
why do people keep saying this

tgh reduction still exists; hell, because of all-guard you're getting MORE reduction, and because it removes stun regain cooldown you're getting even more healing on top of that too.
Back to top Go down
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Nymph~

Luto Build? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luto Build?   Luto Build? EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 3:40 am

I heard luto became invulnerable a while when melee-ed in counter stance, but when I watch video on youtube, she still got damaged by jags headbuts.

if she don't get invicibly frame, an eris can simply darkness strike both get weapon locked but still deal more damage or just simply wait till counter ended (same way when against chain guard)
Back to top Go down
Silvershine
Misty Hollow
Misty Hollow

Male Posts : 428

Luto Build? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luto Build?   Luto Build? EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 5:52 am

Nymph~ wrote:
I heard luto became invulnerable a while when melee-ed in counter stance, but when I watch video on youtube, she still got damaged by jags headbuts.

if she don't get invicibly frame, an eris can simply darkness strike both get weapon locked but still deal more damage or just simply wait till counter ended (same way when against chain guard)

Lutos Counter is so buggy with that lag, it doesnt work 75% of the time -w-

Example: Eris in sight. Used Counter in the right moment, Attack of Eris incoming. Eris hit Luto. Luto receives 100 dmg and dies, without counter getting activated.
This ALWAYS happens when Luto has less Hp than the incoming attack, even the counter REDUCES incoming damage actually. But when having less hp than the dmg, it doesnt reduce the dmg....
well, just one bug.

Another bug is, that when you try activating counter WHILE being meleed allready and stunned, it fails like 90% of the time. You get stunned and get cooldown on counter even you didnt activate counter at all. I guess this is a lagproblem, where you activate counter on your client, the client gives your counter a cooldown but the counter activation isnt being executed on the server as on the server the enemies melee stun was faster.....

The only way her counter really works properly is, that if an enemy tries to melee you from far and you activate your counter allready before the enemy starts meleeing. Problem: Enemy sees you activating counter and can stop meleeing you before hitting your counter.

-

btw, high gladi on luto isnt a good idea.
since her final attack in her combo dashes forward, you will lag far behind the enemy most of the times. This even happens to me with great grappler, but luckily not that far away, so luto autoturns around and still can reach the enemy.
Back to top Go down
http://nightforest.deviantart.com

Luto Build? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luto Build?   Luto Build? EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 6:22 am

@Silvershine.

From my experience using her, Luto's counter is actually not buggy. The duration of that counter ended because of improper timing.

- You execute the combo too early, your opponent can wait out the combo
- You execute the combo too late, you get hit.

Her counter requires skill and proper timing to use properly, you won't be able to get it right without practice. Keep in mind, that the counter stance DOES NOT NULLIFY MELEE ATTACKS so you will still get damaged from using it.

-

The reason you are lagging behind of the enemy most of the time is because, you've tuned great grappler, your melee has been slowed down quite a bit and your combo can't execute fast enough to chase the enemy. That is why you should tune high gladiator, it's to speed up the combo, add some range and make it so that your combo near impossible to escape from.
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

Luto Build? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luto Build?   Luto Build? EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 6:28 am

Turkeysaur wrote:

wonder why people bother stacking shields with crimson veil, they make it harder to get it activated and they block the tough reduction (or does dmg a shield takes count for the bots reduction? didnt really test that yet)
anyways, i find it MUCH more useful to stack high toughness (30+) with shields and medium toughness (16-22) with crimson veil

on airs crimson veil will work on most tough values anyways, so they are kind of an exception anyways.
Back to top Go down
Silvershine
Misty Hollow
Misty Hollow

Male Posts : 428

Luto Build? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luto Build?   Luto Build? EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 6:32 am

LXE wrote:
@Silvershine.

The reason you are lagging behind of the enemy most of the time is because, you've tuned great grappler, your melee has been slowed down quite a bit and your combo can't execute fast enough to chase the enemy. That is why you should tune high gladiator, it's to speed up the combo, add some range and make it so that your combo near impossible to escape from.

Really?
Because long time ago, when I had Ouka, I tuned Ouka High Gladi too. But then she was getting behind enemy even more than when having no tune and missing x-x
High Gladi makes most of my bots with such abilities miss my target or getting behind all time long ._.
Only exception is mbg, there my high gladi was really useful.
Back to top Go down
http://nightforest.deviantart.com
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

Luto Build? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luto Build?   Luto Build? EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 6:39 am

High Glad I've never tried on Ouka, but it's not like she really needs it. her melee doesn't travel much even though it's a combo-melee. Just tune slow and call it a day. Luto's, however both travels far and has several hits. High Glad should respectively make you combo faster and it travel farther. This should help when properly chained right (read: cancel into backstep before the final lightning dash through the enemy to maintain abilities to combo). But I haven't actually tried her myself, so I can't exactly say how well High Glad would work. I can only suggest based on what I've seen.
Back to top Go down
DarkChuky
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
DarkChuky

Male Posts : 981

Luto Build? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luto Build?   Luto Build? EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 1:13 pm

the "Bug" with the cool-down can be just skill/spell cancellation.

You get hit when the animation starts, that cancel you skill/spell, but you where able to cast it... then you must wait to cast it again. I have seen this in other bots. (and I know it from other games, it requires timing)

Must say that the counter attack is good in the middle of the healing group hahahaha!!!

(want to tune it with slow!!!! just dreaming!)
Back to top Go down
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Nymph~

Luto Build? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luto Build?   Luto Build? EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 1:27 pm

I heard the counter give shock debuff, why put slow ?
Back to top Go down
Turkeysaur
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Turkeysaur

Luto Build? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luto Build?   Luto Build? EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 4:06 pm

CV Revenge is unreliable temporal reduction which might trigger too late for its additional cost, unless by somehow you guys are counting on lasting that much longer with alphairs, flapjacks, FCs and wing moes everywhere.

Mod-High TGH, stun regain and all the HP you can get is vital to compensate the loss of stun invincibility frames. Even then, you might get disabled by shock, bind or slow before you can get close to anything (another reason why you need some shielding for melees, especially for broad radar-less ones).

Summary, don't bother tuning CV on Luto and get broad radar instead.

Sylvia is another story tho.
Back to top Go down

Luto Build? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luto Build?   Luto Build? EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 10:23 pm

Good Bye CV
Hello 37STR
Spoiler:

I wonder if 3x High Gladiator would be viable?
Back to top Go down
Akhenderson
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Akhenderson

Luto Build? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luto Build?   Luto Build? EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 12:03 am

Nymph~ wrote:
I heard the counter give shock debuff, why put slow ?
It does, I don't see why slow should be used though considering her combo already is pretty much a very fast stun lock that's difficult to get out of. The shock gives it an added bonus to mind games as people who try to right click out of the combo or something can get punished, put in a shock state, and then comboed again. Luto seems to be more on mind gaming to get that one critical hit that would eventually lead into a near inescapable combo.

Turkeysaur wrote:
CV Revenge is unreliable temporal reduction which might trigger too late for its additional cost, unless by somehow you guys are counting on lasting that much longer with alphairs, flapjacks, FCs and wing moes everywhere.

Mod-High TGH, stun regain and all the HP you can get is vital to compensate the loss of stun invincibility frames. Even then, you might get disabled by shock, bind or slow before you can get close to anything (another reason why you need some shielding for melees, especially for broad radar-less ones).

Summary, don't bother tuning CV on Luto and get broad radar instead.

Sylvia is another story tho.
What about clearance? With the advent of curse status done by Eris, binding by Reginas, slow by various melees and other such annoying statuses, would clearance help out Luto some bit? it still gives her some added survivability.
Back to top Go down
fggt
Flat chests are JUSTICE!
fggt

Male Posts : 5770

Luto Build? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luto Build?   Luto Build? EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 9:34 am

Something abt her:
- Her melee pierces shield(took me 30s to stun-locked a K-shield bot to death)
- She can self kill
- Even though it's called counter, she still takes damage(as well as debuff like curse, shock...)
- U can strip her but she'll look weird so dont try
- Her BS slot is behind her hair, so all BS look stupid on her
- Jump to activate the sword faster
- For unknown reason, all her guard carts are 20 cost...
Back to top Go down
Akhenderson
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Akhenderson

Luto Build? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luto Build?   Luto Build? EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 9:47 am

tggt wrote:
Something abt her:
- Her melee pierces shield(took me 30s to stun-locked a K-shield bot to death)
- She can self kill
- Even though it's called counter, she still takes damage(as well as debuff like curse, shock...)
- U can strip her but she'll look weird so dont try
- Her BS slot is behind her hair, so all BS look stupid on her
- Jump to activate the sword faster
- For unknown reason, all her guard carts are 20 cost...
I wanna know how to do the striked option :3c
Anyways, the one BS I like using that doesn't look THAT bad is katana max BS. Sure it's a little bit of a worse choice than Jikun BS but that's only a tgh and cost difference.
And the jump is kind of like a cancel, similar to how in Melty Blood, Mech Hisui has her j.5C move but the animation can be canceled once you hit the ground, and then proceed to do something else.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Luto Build? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luto Build?   Luto Build? Empty

Back to top Go down

Luto Build?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next